Luxor Hotel and Casino

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• SailorRoar's Profile Photo

Egypt in Vegas

Me and my wife stayed here as one leg of our honeymoon in September 2007. We booked a Spa Suite and I have to say it is probably the best hotel room we have ever had. Also Las Vegas is tha place to cash out on some fine rooms, since most of their income is fom the casinos, rooms are relatively cheap. I would recomend Luxor to anyone.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a lot of tourist sights and experiences, like the casino, a copy of Tut-An-Kamons grave, spa, pool, dining, shopping, shows etc. Which is all good and well, but remember that most of the hotels have similar stuff, so don't forget to check out the other ones. Luxur has indoor airconditioned walkways to Mandalay Bay and Excalibur, which I highly recomend because of the heat. Also there is a monorail but you have to wait outside in the sizzeling sun for it, so we prefered the walkways. Also remember to try the steakhouse restaurant at Luxor, it is great!

Directions: South end of the Las Vegas Strip, you can't miss the black pyramid.

• SailorRoar's Profile Photo

Egypt in Vegas

Directions: South end of the Las Vegas Strip, you cant miss the black pyramid.

• Luxor - on going, never ending - CONSTRUCTION

Check In, on Sunday afternoon, was a MESS! I waited in a zig-zag line for WELL over an hour! When I got to the desk, eventhough I was told (over the phone when planning my trip) a cashiers check was acceptable payment, it was NOT! They sent me (lugging my HEAVY suitcases across the casino) to the cashiers cage, to get cash for payment (I diddn't PLAN to use a credit card for payment, I wish I had). I supposedly, upgraded my SMALL spa suite, to a LARGE spa suite & was disappointed. I expected a couch, coffee table, BIG TV & a view - to lounge around after a full day of site-seeing. Instead, I got a small table, with 2 wobbly chairs around it (very uncomfortable), a 27 inch TV (that was SMALL, when viewing from the bed) & a view of "THE Hotel's" air conditioners. The suite (if you can call it that) was VERY spartan indeed (I wonder how their Small spa suite was furnished) - CLEAN (good housekeeping daily), but NOT worth the $200 per night I spent. I loved the hot tub (VERY relaxing), but diddn't spend very much time in my room at all, during my trip.

Unique Quality: The worst part of my stay, was having to zig-zag my way through the casino, avoid the ongoing construction project (that completely closed off the center of the casino) several times a day, just to get to & from my room. After getting lost MANY times (inside the casino), having to ask directions from employees (who would point & say that-a-way) & retracing my steps often, due to BAD signage (that diddn't take construction into account) I finally got to know my way around, by the END of my 4 night stay.

The Inclinators were a hassle also! I was on the 10th floor & was not expecting a motion ride on every trip. People told me they were no big deal, believe me, THEY WERE! Having to hug the right wall at the start of the ride, then the left wall as the ride stopped, in order to keep from falling over, almost made me ill. The motion rides (excluding the inclinators) were LAME & outdated. The shops had all the same stuff (if you had seen one of them, you saw them all). The Carrot Top show was WAY too expensive, but always sold out, go figure...

Even with these few problems I still had a good stay. The location (being at the far side of the strip) was GREAT!! Everything (except Mandalay Bay) was to the North & 5 hotels within easy walking distance. The valet parking was very useful & the staff very friendly (other than the lady who wouldn't accept my cashiers check). The Best part, was that the Poker Room was within sight of my inclinator. I'd finish every night with their midnight poker tourney (gobbling many free drinks) & wobble my way to my room without a problem.

I chose the Luxor because I am very interested by the Egyptian theme, BUT I hear that they are getting RID of that, in the VERY near future! Glad I got to see it (at least what was left of it, half way gone) before they completely get rid of the theme.

Directions: S Las Vegas Strip

• doug48's Profile Photo

better

the luxor is an interesting egyptian themed hotel that is built in the shape of a glass pyramid. the luxor offers all of the amenities of a first class hotel. one plus about it's location is that you can take a free monorail to the mandalay bay casino and the excalibur.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

• Travel2write's Profile Photo

Nice hotel, poorly managed

Disappointing! Received a room with a view of the hotel next door and that was nothing to look at. Room seemed dirty and was poorly lit. Way too expensive for the quality of service.

Unique Quality: After flying in from the Philippines, just wanted to get to our room. However they have timeshare salepersonnel all over the casino floor. Really didn't like the hotel. Also felt buffet was overpriced for the quality and selction of food.

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Egypt with marbles

My report on Luxor as follows:

Price - very good
    Stayed for 2 nights during the SEMA auto show - a very busy week in Vegas. Got a standard room for $150/night and bought an upgrade for another $60/night - one of the best rates for 'first class' casino/hotel on the strip

Room - average
    The room is clean, no issue with noise, bed is very comfortable and the suite comes with a jacuzzi tub. The only thing missing is the modern appliances. For example they still use 32 inch non-HD TV. Also, the suite is missing a desk, which might be a minus points for people on business

Location - average
    It's the second hotel at the South end of the strip; but a cab ride to Venetian only costs $12. Walking back to your hotel at the end of the night is not really an option

Atmosphere - good
    I don't like staying in a hotel that gets too busy (i.e. Venetian/Caesar's Palace). Luxor is lively enough without getting too much; and I spend most of my time at the center of the strip anyways, I only go to the bar at my hotel as I'm winding down at the end of the night - that's why Luxor is nice since I can always get a seat in one of their bars

Dining option - average
    One buffet restaurant (see review under 'restaurants'), one steakhouse, one Asian restaurant, one deli, three-four Starbucks, one Chili's and a food court

Overall - Average to Good
    I will come back here as they offer great value for my money

• yma123's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel!

Hotel was nice... Casino was a little small compared to other surrounding Casinos but the Luxor is joined to the Excalibur Casino which is nice so we spent more time gambling in there than in the Luxor casino!

Pool was nice and the whole pool area was massive...

Gym was good.. but you have to pay $25 to use it but this includes the spa retreat etc

Rooms were nice... nothing fancy and we had a back view of nothing... ask for a strip view if you can!!!

Unique Quality: Service was good... Great views if you get a nice room... overall okay.. but at end of strip!

Directions: near everything!

• Kevross85's Profile Photo

Egypt in Vegas

We stayed here in july 2007 and found it very nice. When we arrived we opted to stay for an extra couple of days and ended up getting an excellent deal. It was for an extra two nights for two rooms it cost another 180 dollars which we thought was brilliant. The hotel has unique elevators as the go up diagonally due to the pyramid shape and this is weird to start with but you soon get used to it. The rooms are pretty big but staying in the pyramid you lose a part of the room due to the slope of the wall.

I found the casino quite confusing at times to get about and frequently walked round in circles before I got back to my room but that was probably my stupidity or excessive amounts of alcohol lol. Overall it's a good hotel but nottop class but I never expected that from a vegas hotel.

Unique Quality: The egyption them is carried out perfectly throughout the hotel and they pay a lot of attention to detail.

• EricTheViking's Profile Photo

Get a high floor

What a great entrance to Luxor....got a third floor podium room that was immeadiately refused and opted for a upgrade to the west facing tower of the luxor
    If you have reserved a podium view well thats all you get because outta the room window you'll see a flat roof.
    Better get a high floor or tower room

Unique Quality: Double queen beds in same room, did the job the night my other half got pissed off with me for taking her to the couple orientated show held in the Luxor lol

• wedding

stayed in luxor hotel in march 2005 & got married there. great hotel though did spend most of time in the new york new york would go back room great but las vegas itself you cant beat! it something you have to see to beleive

• Suzze's Profile Photo

Our stay at The Luxor Hotel Feb 07

We stayed in the Luxor Hotel in Feb 2007 for a week, and my husband upgraded us to a suite in the East Tower as it was a special accasion. We got the suite at a discount rate because the hotel wasn't fully booked. You wouldn't have believed it with the amount of people coming and going from the place. The suite was incrediable, no complaints at all. The bed was comfy and lovely pillows, and it was very clean.The only downside of the hotel in my opinion is we kept getting lost there! Sometimes we couldn't find our way back to the room! The place is so big. I'm quite fussy with where I stay and I was a bit worried about what it would be like, but everything was fine, no problems at all.

• Cool Building, Poorly Managed

I am in Las Vegas frequently, and I had for a long time been fascinated by the structure of the hotel and wanted to see the rooms and elevators. In retrospect, it might have made more sense to simply ask to "see a room" without taking one.

I have read lots of complaints about long lines for check-in and check-out. I did not experience this (well, check-out did take awhile) .. but I would at all recommend avoiding this hotel for 2 reasons:
    1. The cigarette smoke is really a problem. The bad air just rises from the casino down below and seems to permeate the entire place.
    2. The internet service was not working, but more significantly, dealing with the hotel staff I learned that the hotel does NOT focus on quality/professional staff. I needed to do work early in the morning. The hotel reception gave me MIS-information that actually delayed the internet service being restored; she told me that I needed to pay TWICE because the internet service was not priced per 24 hours, as stated on the TV, but you had to pay for each day, starting at 2AM. So even though I paid at 11PM, she told me that it expired 3 hours later, and I needed to pay again. This was false, and when the service man FINALLY showed up to fix the problem, we had to deal with the problem of having 2 active codes preventing the service from working.

Anyway, I told them I was a stock trader, I needed to do my work at the market open, 6:30AM, and they basically killed about 2 hours of time getting this resolved.

Anyway, this is NOT a quality hotel, in a city where there is a lot of competition. Yes, the building is really cool, but it's nicer to just visit. And actually, the blue eyes on the sphinx outside the entrance is a bit tacky! (even by Vegas standards)

• sacking's Profile Photo

Best Steam Room Ever

Well I'm sure everyone's said wonderful things about the Luxor; the rooms, view, pool. What I love about the Luxor along with those things is the steam room in the spa. Now obviously I can only speak to the steam room in the men's facility. Let me say that it's the best steam room I've ever been in. It's large, lots of steam. But what sets it apart from other steam rooms is it's the first steam room I've ever been in that has a shower in the steam room. So you can rinse off with some cool water while staying in the steam room.

In addition, outside the steam room is a container with ice cubes, ice water and wrapped hand towels. The towels are ice cold. Take one into the steam room with you, unwrap it and put it on your head. Let the cold water drip down while you relax in the steam.

• sacking's Profile Photo

Great place / Great Spa

Unique Quality: Great spa, nice casino. Not crowded.

• 4star hotel

Stayed here twice and as with all hotels in Las Vegas they all have a theme, this one is Egypt, (as per the title), its luxury meets entertaining. The hotel has everything you could want from spa treatments to one of the best buffets in Las vegas with multiple choice. Its easyily accesable to all other hotels.

More about Luxor Hotel and Casino

Luxor Hotel - Las VegasLuxor Hotel - Las Vegas

hotel luxor las vegashotel luxor las vegas

Luxor Las VegasLuxor Las Vegas

Luxor, Las VegasLuxor, Las Vegas

luxor hotel

by tigerlily2

I'll be staying with my husband at the Luxor hotel this summer, and i was wondering what was the best: choosing a room in the pyramid ( it seems a lot of fun to take their inclined elevators, but the rooms look pretty tiny....) or choosing a room in one of their towers (they look much bigger on the Internet site, with nicer furniture.). Has anyone experienced both? Which one can offer the best view?
We'll be travelling from France, so we're really concerned with the quality of our stay!
Thanks for your help!

by feline01

We had a room in the pyramid facing the Excalibur and the room was certainly large enough. Huge bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. I would probably recommend the pyramid for the novelty of it and ask for a room facing the strip though the view isn't a big deal since you probably won't be spending much time in your room.

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

I Stayed In A Pyramid Room Last Year And Though The Rooms Are Smaller Than In The Tower I Would Hardly Call Them Small And I Did Had A Great View Of The Mountains.

If You Do Stay In The Pyramid And Want To Use The Inclinator Lift Be Sure To Get A High Floor Because I Was On The 3rd Floor Which Uses Just A Normal Elevator And Unless You Have A Room Key You Are Not Allowed In The Inclinators Which Have A Security Guard At Every One.

Re: Re: luxor hotel

by Easty

I stayed in the tower closest to the Excalibur this past May. The room was very nice and I would say it was average size. The view was good out of the North Tower. The pyramid is definitely a shorter walk to most of the hotel's attractions.

by Sunshine64

Stayed in a Pyramid room, and it was nice - even though I spent very little time in it.

I highly recommend the Pina Colodas at the pool. And the spa is nice, too.

• Dec 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The worst stay I've ever had in Vegas. Our room smelled and had no amenities or updates. The air conditioner was an old school wall unit that didn't work! They charge a 20 dollar a day resort fee, but offer nothing for it! The pool was closed, the wifi is only available in the lobby, and if you use the gym you can only use the sauna if you pay an additional $18.00 a day!! The ceiling in room 19142 was peeling and falling down in small pieces near the window. When I called to speak to a manager... He said, "I'm sorry, but what do you want me to do about it". What??? I think his name was Escobar! He was a bigger jerk then the letchy valet guys. I didn't valet a car, but a couple of them were very inappropriate. Again the, "manager" that was there was not helpful!

• Mar 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Expedia has asked for my "review" of our recent stay, I posted;
    The Hotel was ok, should have expected that because of the price. There was a STRONG smell of mold & mildew in the "Halls", although the "rooms" didn't smell like it, ALL of the towels & tissues had a moldy smell. Mold on the ceiling of the showers. If you have mold allergies STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE! Buffet was mediocre. I brought a party of 15 people it was our son's 21st birthday. Day 2 we went to the nightclub "Lax" downstairs. We had "bottle service & VIP room". Our bill for 15 people came to $1099.00 with tip. I gave them $450 in cash & put $649 on my mac card. The club charged me 3 times on my mac card & the cash I paid totaling to the amount if $2,198.00! I was counting on that money for the remaining 2 days of my trip. When I discovered their error the next morning & called the hotel manager, which directed me to the club manager, which directed me to accounting, everyone kept directing me in circles & no one was responsible nor helpful! Management at the club said that the charges were "holds" which would be returned, however when I called my bank from Vegas, they said NO, they were charges! When I explained to everyone that they had taken the last of my finances & my family & I were in Vegas with NO MONEY left, they said, sorry we can't help you. THANK GOD FOR THE FAMILY I BROUGHT WITH ME. They helped us with our final 2 days, & when I returned home, my bank challenged the charges & a week later I got my money back & paid my family back.... STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!