Luxor Hotel and Casino

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Business Travel Luxury Travel Casino and Gambling
See Amenities

Vegas has over 250,000 hotel...

by written on August 24, 2002

Vegas has over 250,000 hotel rooms, so you are really spolit for choice.

Our favourite however is the Luxor, at the bottom of the Strip. Egyption themed the hotel is a huge glass pyramid.
Sun to Thursday you are looking at around $80 a night.

Unique Quality: The Atrium is the biggest in the world. Rooms in the Luxor(make sure your in one of the towers) are spacious and very well priced.

Facilities are superb, seven places to eat, outdoor pools, and indoor Spa, the list goes on.

Directions: The Luxor is to be found at the bottom(south) of the strip.

The Luxor Hotel

by written on August 24, 2002

double occupancy one room ~ $80.00 US dollars.

Unique Quality: The pyramid design is fascinating, the walls of your room are slanted sheets of solid window. Instead of elevators, they have inclinators which move up and sideways to accomodate the pyramid shape.

Definitely take a ride to the top floor and look down into the interior from the windows by the inclinators - awe inspiring (if you're not afraid of heights).

Security was impressive also, with guards posted at each inclinator who checked for room keys before allowing people on.

Directions: Las Vegas strip, next to the Excalibur (and connected via moving covered walkways over the strip). It's the only hotel shaped like an Egyptian Pyramid.

lar-n-me's Profile Photo

We stayed at the Luxor. I was...

by written on August 24, 2002

We stayed at the Luxor. I was really impressed with their Lobby, entertainment and exterior. Not tooo impressed with the hallways up around the rooms (seemed to need some remodeling). We had a perfect view of the strip, as we were 2nd or 3rd floor from the top. But HEY, we got to ride an 'inclinater' (as opposed to an elevator) the entire time we were there.....up the inside of a pyramid......that has lights shooting out of it!!!
Geeez......that's worth a stay at the Luxor in itself.

Good accommodation abounds in...

by written on August 24, 2002

Good accommodation abounds in Vegas, but we stayed at the Luxor and felt that this was a good family option for about 120 dollars per night. For four people not bad. Excellent facilities including cinema, theatres, casino, five pools, about 10 restaurants, etc, etc. Also very spacious and a most unusual design
120 dollars approximately

Unique Quality: Its pyramid design.

RobMorgan's Profile Photo

"BESTEST HOTEL IN VEGAS-OUR CHOICE"

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2002

We could stay inside the hotel & have a fantastic time, without seeing anywhere else !!!
As soon as you go to Reception to check-in, you can`t help looking around, it`s AWSOME.

Unique Quality: A unique 30 storey pyramid, with approx 4,500 spacious rooms, each lavishly decorated in an Egyptian theme. The rooms are air conditioned, have a massive TV, fridge, huge bed, spacious bathroom with a whirlpool bath. It makes you feel as if you're in a £1,000 a night hotel, pure luxury.

Directions: Situated on the South end of the Strip, opposite the airport.

littlebush's Profile Photo

The Luxor, the worlds 3rd...

by written on August 24, 2002

The Luxor, the worlds 3rd largest hotel was fantastic!, the rooms were huge, it had 6 pools, a massive casino (havent they all!?) and a great 'all you can' eat buffet breaky! the views from the room of the desert mountains or the strip are spectacular!
There are hostels in Vegas but most are at the far end of the strip or Downtown in not such nice areas.
Picture : The Stratosphere

Jessbandit Dec 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The worst stay I've ever had in Vegas. Our room smelled and had no amenities or updates. The air conditioner was an old school wall unit that didn't work! They charge a 20 dollar a day resort fee, but offer nothing for it! The pool was closed, the wifi is only available in the lobby, and if you use the gym you can only use the sauna if you pay an additional $18.00 a day!! The ceiling in room 19142 was peeling and falling down in small pieces near the window. When I called to speak to a manager... He said, "I'm sorry, but what do you want me to do about it". What??? I think his name was Escobar! He was a bigger jerk then the letchy valet guys. I didn't valet a car, but a couple of them were very inappropriate. Again the, "manager" that was there was not helpful!

Frymire Mar 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Expedia has asked for my "review" of our recent stay, I posted;
The Hotel was ok, should have expected that because of the price. There was a STRONG smell of mold & mildew in the "Halls", although the "rooms" didn't smell like it, ALL of the towels & tissues had a moldy smell. Mold on the ceiling of the showers. If you have mold allergies STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE! Buffet was mediocre. I brought a party of 15 people it was our son's 21st birthday. Day 2 we went to the nightclub "Lax" downstairs. We had "bottle service & VIP room". Our bill for 15 people came to $1099.00 with tip. I gave them $450 in cash & put $649 on my mac card. The club charged me 3 times on my mac card & the cash I paid totaling to the amount if $2,198.00! I was counting on that money for the remaining 2 days of my trip. When I discovered their error the next morning & called the hotel manager, which directed me to the club manager, which directed me to accounting, everyone kept directing me in circles & no one was responsible nor helpful! Management at the club said that the charges were "holds" which would be returned, however when I called my bank from Vegas, they said NO, they were charges! When I explained to everyone that they had taken the last of my finances & my family & I were in Vegas with NO MONEY left, they said, sorry we can't help you. THANK GOD FOR THE FAMILY I BROUGHT WITH ME. They helped us with our final 2 days, & when I returned home, my bank challenged the charges & a week later I got my money back & paid my family back.... STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!

Nearby Luxor Hotel and Casino

• Casino
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews

El Cortez Hotel & Casino
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Aztec Inn
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Motel 6 - Las Vegas (Tropicana)
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 10 Reviews