4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

3799 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Booking.com amextravel.com Expedia.com

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• clueless83's Profile Photo

The largest hotel in Vegas!

The first thing we thought when we booked up to stay here was "are we going to find our way around?". We'd read reviews about people complaining that the hotel was just *too* big but luckily we didn't have that problem. Everything in the MGM Grand is pretty well sign posted so we had no troubles finding our way around at all. We stayed in the West Wing and the room was lovely and modern. The hotel has everything from a Lion Habitat to a McDonalds to a wedding chapel to 3 starbucks.

Everything was top notch, the only thing I would complain about (which is the same for everywhere on the strip) was the air conditioning was far too cold!

Unique Quality: Lion Habitat - Very unique. They rotate the lions every few hours so you get to see a variety of behaviour plus it would be cruel if they didn't. We frequently had to walk past the lions to get out of the hotel so we saw quite a few in our time there but sadly no cubs!

Studio 54 - Was good, especially if you like RnB music. The nightclub wasn't as extravagant as I was expecting. We went on a Thursday night and barely had to queue! We were also really dressed up but I saw people in there wearing jeans and flipflops. I would go back to Studio 54 if it was local to me but if I was to go back to Vegas I would try somewhere else.

KA theatre - We saw the Cirque du Soleil on our last night. Seeing a show in Vegas is a must and I would strongly recommend KA. Be warned - take a cardigan with you because the air conditioning was far too cold!

TV city - If you want to have a little sit down visit CBS television city. You get to watch a pilot episode of a tv show and give your opinions on it. Sure you didn't come all the way to Vegas to watch tv but its a unique idea if you want a little rest after trekking about the strip.

West Wing bar - Very chilled. Fabulous chairs. Slightly pricey.

Pool - The pool is great. We only went to the pool twice but had no problems getting a sunlounger (mainly because the MGM has more than one pool). The best one was the lazy river which you can either bob around by yourself or hire a rubber ring.

• doug48's Profile Photo

best

the mgm grand is one of the largest hotels in las vegas. the mgm offers a huge casino and entertainment area. the mgm grand offers all of the amenities of a first class resort hotel.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd)

• Whiskeyguy's Profile Photo

Great First Trip Hotel

We actually planned on staying at the Palms, but waited to long to book the room and realized the MGM was half as expensive so we went with it. We got a basic room with two queen beds, and they were probably the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. We booked three nights, one including Halloween, and it ran us $200 a night. One thing I had to get use to was the lack of amenities in the hotel, but it's probably like that throughout Vegas. The cable had no movie channels (they prob don't want you sitting in the room, they want you gambling), there was no fridge or microwave, etc. Other than that, it was a great room, and seeing as though the only time I spent in it was to sleep all day recovering from the nights before, it was definately sufficiant. The service was top notch, the resteraunts good, and the casino was decent. The thing I liked most was it didn't have a lot going on, so it made you want to get out and see the strip, so it was a great first Vegas hotel for me.

Unique Quality: I didn't see the pool, and I'm kicking myself now. With all the beautiful women in Vegas, I don't know why I didn't go down there and people watch. I did sleep during most daylight hours, so that had something to do with it. However, the one thing that really stands out in the MGM is the live lions. It has a lion habitat that is definately worth seeing. The Rainforest Cafe was pretty neat also, and there were some great shows going on that unfortunately I didn't have time to see.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Mgm Grand Hotel & Casino

The hotel is built in mid 1990's after the original one was burned in late 80's.

The MGM is currently (by Nov. 2007) the largest casino hotel in Las Vegas, 5000+ rooms.

Standard room is big, however, decoration looks a bit old fashioned. No fridge in the room. Safer, hair dyer are all available.

Unique Quality: Have some best theaters in town, e.g., KA theater of Cirque de Sollie. Crazy horse, Hollywood theater, and coolest bars/night club, e.g., Studio 54.

Directions: South end of the strip

• mi.chelle's Profile Photo

The City of Entertainment.

I stayed for a week attending a 3 1/2 days conference, which was also held there. Huge hotel; one could just stay inside the premises and still experience what Vegas is about. I've had to rely on the friendly staff for directions for the first couple of days. World class entertainement facilities, i.e. Grand Garden Arena, Studio 54, Hollywood theatre. Fine dining restaurants, i.e. Emeril's New Orleans Fish House (creole & cajun dishes, line up is always long), Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill (loved the steak), Pearl (chinese cuisine, really classy), Fiamma (italian, elegant yet simple dining experience, ate there almost everyday, lol!). They even have a Grand Buffet; I guess it wouldn't be Vegas without one, and for casual, convenient, eat at any time of day, there's Studio Cafe. Thristy? just take a sit in their casino, and you're immediately offered a drink of your choice by their always on hand floor hostess/staff. For fun and relaxation, there's a spa and a 6.6 acres pool complex. At night, when people are more hyper and a lot of action is going on in the casino floor and bars, there's a security personnel by the elavators who checks for people's room key before they are allowed to go up, so no room key, no entry.

Unique Quality: MGM has a kiosk at the airport where one can check-in while waiting for their luggage or right after picking up their luggage, so once you get to the hotel you could just proceed to your room, no need to line up at registration/check-in counter. The kiosk can also book your tickets to the shows happening at the hotel; arrangge pick-up time for when you depart the hotel. Great service!

Directions: North end of the Strip; corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Tropicana Avenue.

• Massive hotel

I stayed here from july 30th until aug 4th. It was absolutely wonderful. We had first booked a room with an outside travel agent for a west wing room and i heard how small and cramped it is in there, so i wanted to try and switch to a Grand Tower room (which is considered a downgrade to them, but i think it was a good upgrade). We checked in at the Airport which is VERY nice because it is right in front of the baggage claim and the bags take FOREVER to come so by the time you are done checking in and have your keys, BAM there are your bags.

The check in desk was very sweet and helpful, i asked them if we could switch both of our rooms to a grand tower and they did. They also ended up upgrading one of the rooms to a bungalow suite (which was very nice) for free. It had a huge jacuzzi tub and 2 huge windows to look out of.

The hotel is HUGE but if you read the signs and follow the walkways in the casino, it's very easy to get around. Also, if you can remember a couple of the places around the casino floor, you can remember where to go also.

The staff and service there were WONDERFUL, the food was yum. We ate breakfast at the Grand cafe i think it was called and mmmm they had yum food. The pool was a lot of fun, even though we did not get to enjoy much of it because it stormed every day (i know) and we got kicked out before of lightning.

All in All, i definitley recommend this hotel to anybody. :o) Oh, the monorail is great too

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

Great modern rooms and a fun pool

We stayed at the MGM Grand in June 07. We booked our rooms over the Internet a few months in advance. When we arrived we were told they had no none-smoking rooms left, which really annoyed me since it's supposed to be the biggest hotel in the world.. I hate smoking, I come from a country where smoking in public areas is banned. So the service was terrible. I have the impression they take great care of guests that visit often than new guests. The hotel itself was huge (of course), it is not as worn down as many of the other hotels in Vegas and the interior is delicate and modern. We got a nice room with a view over the South Strip. The room was large and spacey, with a fantastic bed and a great bathroom. But there was no mini-bar, disappointing! As for the smoking, it was bearable, due to huge amounts of room spray I think. There was an ice machine in the hall, and that saved us. There were several restaurants and cafes, clubs and bars.. and also lots of shops. McDonald's, Starbucks, Hagen Daazs are all represented. The main attraction at the MGM is the lions. Typically the lions were on "holiday" for two of the days during our stay, but we got to see them on our last day. They usually sleep all day so the best time to see them is around 10-11 when they are let in in the habitat. A fun thing is the CBS viewing where you can review episodes of their show and other things. We didnæt have time, but I think it would be fun. I also think the Tabu club would be fun, but I had trouble with my ID (they only accept passports if you're a non-US citizen, and I refuse to bring my passport in clubs).

Unique Quality: I don't know what the view is like from other rooms, but we had a nice view over to New York New York and Excalibur. The best thing was the pool. They had a lazy river and tubes for rent. Insanely priced at 18 or 22 dollars.. ? a day.. The drinks and food at the pool was also overpriced. You get new towels at the entrance which is great. No glass bottles are allowed. There are four or five large pools. Not all of them were open when we arrived at 9-10 AM.. I think they open the pool later on when there are more people. If you want a sunbed in front (as close to the pool) you should get there before 11:30 AM. It's quite an party atmosphere, I would never stay there if I had kids. People are drinking margaritas and beer by the pool and in the pool and the lazy river. The sunbeds were crap, they were quite uncomfortable. It's possible to rent cabanas, but it's very pricey.

Directions: South Strip

• MGM - not as Grand

Just got back from my bi-yearly Vegas trip. Stayed @ MGM Grand (1st time) and was not at all impressed!!! Day after NBA All-Stars game -- stayed for 8 nights!! In Vegas, that is a long time. We stayed in Disney, Orlando and after 4 nights were given a call from mgmt. about facilities and such. Stayed @ the Mirage and after 3 days, was given a call to see if there was anything mgmt. could do for us (also long stay). MGM was NOT worth the money we paid per night. Promised $25. a day in food -- never received! Had to beg for maid service!!! Never had such a problem in ANY hotel in Vegas ( stayed @ most) and will not stay @ MGM again!!!

Unique Quality: I will have to say that the employees, for the most part, are extremely friendly!!

Directions: Not centrally located

• limmerda's Profile Photo

Your average hotel

Not a bad room. Definitly look for some special deal with free breakfasts or something.

Unique Quality: They have lions in the hotel. Oh, didn I mention the adult show. A must see even though it costs about $50.

Directions: The Strip

• MGM Signature, part of the hotel....and not

Arrived for a 5 day stay at the MGM Grand Signature....promissed to be a hotel within a hotel...much more expensive than most of the MGM Grand offerings.....the rooms were really small apartments owned by individuals and "subrented " by MGM....we got a really nice one bedroom with a fully equipt kitchen. Lovely, with all ammenities and a great terrace ( not very useful in the cold ) with a terrific view.
    The major draw back.....it is about a mile to the Casino floor....you can get your cardio workout on the way to the tables. God help you if you forgot something in your room.
    Another draw back....MGM grand is not very loose with their " comps" they are going for the really big player and do not cater to the middle level player....I was there one sunday nite and they had 2! twenty five dollar tables with black jack....all other tables were 50 dollars and up....argh!
    Otherwise friendly, clean and classy.

• MGM Signature, part of the hotel....and not

Otherwise friendly, clean and classy.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Grand as in HUGE!

This is an absolutely HUGE hotel and a bit confusing when you first go to your room. When you arrive you go to the main check-in area and once you are done they will direct you toward the elevators. Pay attention to your room # as you will need it to figure out which doorway to go thru to get to your correct elevator. Once you get to your room you will find that it is a very pleasant space with soft nuetral colors and comfy beds. The service is very good and they will provide you with extra pillows and towels if needed which is nice. There are vending machines and ice machines located on each floor but once again pay attention to where your room is because you can make a wrong turn and get a bit lost. With 5005 rooms you can imagine the sheer size of it. We had it down by the next day tho. Rooms are very good sizrd and offer some great views of Vegas if you ask.

Unique Quality: The pool complex is definately something to experience. There are five diffrent pools to choose from and each one is a bit diffrent. There is also a long , lazy river that you can float down on rented water floats or just on your own. Very serious fun with waterfalls and everything. Also inside the pool complex are three whirlpools that seemed to get alot of attention. :)
    From the website here are the pool hours:
    September 5 - October 31: 8:00am - 7:00pm (Pools open Monday - Thursday: Academy Pool, Producer's Pool, and Director's Pool and Pools open Friday - Sunday: Academy Pool, Producer's Pool, and Director's Pool.) The Backlot River will be open September 5 - October 31 Friday - Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm.
    As you see not all pools are open all the time but this is still a wonderful and relaxing place to go even for a stroll through the lush gardens. Probably my favorite thing about the hotel.

Directions:
    From McCarran International Airport
    Head east from Wayne Newton Blvd
    Bear right at Swenson St and head toward Airport exit
    turn left at E . Tropicana Ave.
    Turn right into MGM Grand off East Tropicana Ave

• Grand is an understatement

Pros about staying @ MGM

1. Great location with heaps of parking
    2. Fantastic View right across from New York New York Hotel (ask to be put on a higher level - they told me they only had smoking rooms on level 28 - to get that view it's worth it)
    3. The hotel staff where very friendly when checking in and helpful
    4. Got to see Tom Jones live (called from our hotel room, just before the show to see if they had any tickets left, think we may have been given priority as guest's because when we went down there was a hugh cue waiting to see if they could get in).
    5. Hotel room was very clean, HUGE bed, bathroom really nice size.
    6. Buffet was great, heaps of choice (check out the cons as to how I got that comped)
    7. Ice machine on the floor (much needed as there is no fridge in the rooms)

Cons about staying @ MGM

1. No fridge (it would have been really nice to be able to store drinks after been out all day site seeing, they only had a couple of stores downstairs that sold really (over priced) small bottles or water.
    2. Inexperienced staff (I stayed @ the MGM twice on my visit and the second time I checked in the staff member told me I only need to pay for the first nite (i was staying 3) and then charge the rest when I checked out... this was completely wrong, as i learned the next day when i got locked out of my room, it was very inconvenient. In the end they comped a buffet for two.

Overall MGM is an amazing place to stay and I would go back there again, even if you don't stay it's worth checking it out :)

• Don’t book MGM Grand Las Vegas from the web-7/06

If you book with online promo with MGM Grand LV you can end up like we did and get moved more than a mile off from the strip, and they don’t care about you or your vacation. When we got to the hotel to check in, the line was 20 people deep clear across the entire lobby, we waited in line for over an hour and while we were in line we were wondering why it was taking so long for it to move. Then when we finally got to the front desk clerk it became all to clear why the line was moving so slowly, many people (including us) were getting bumped to some crummy hotel miles away from the strip. I did my best to complain and demand that we don’t get moved but all the managers would say is that they reserve the right to bump us to any other hotel they choose, frequently saying to us “I completely Understand” so after complaining for 20 minutes it was very clear that we had no choice. We had to ask for money for the cab to take us to our new hotel and we had to fight for some sort of compensation which turned out to be $50.00 credit for a food room charge but no matter what they offered it could not make up for halving to go somewhere we didn’t want to stay. For us our itinerary was ruined most of our two day stay was spent complaining to hotel management standing in long lines and being told by hotel staff that we complained to “I Completely Understand”! We also called up United Escape reservations and told them out plight, the lady called up MGM but she could not help us and basically told us the same story the MGM management told, neither United Escape nor MGM cared about us. On the second day we checked into the West Wing room and check in wasn’t until 3PM. When we finally got to the room it was like a modern mausoleum, it was dark, small, air conditioner barley kept up with the heat, no inside door, the bed was too stiff, also, in the morning the housekeeping just let herself into the room while we were sleeping waking us up at 9AM.

• lazyman_1's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

Billed as the largest casino in the world, the MGM is nothing short of huge. At over 5000 rooms it is really really easy to get lost in this place. There is an enormous pool, wedding chapel, shopping center, 3 theaters, a lions habitat....the list goes on and on. It was difficult to get from one place to another and back to your room at times but for the most part i loved staying at the MGM.

More about MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

MGM Grand - Las VegasMGM Grand - Las Vegas

MGM Grand

by fsuk

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on whether the west wing rooms are just the emerald rooms but named differently? Meaning to say that I have read some reviews of the hotel saying not to stay in the emerald rooms but having been on the MGM website they don't have any rooms by that name but do have rooms in the west wing? I was wondering if they were the same thing! also if you had the choice would you go for the MGM or caesars palace? Thanks in advance!!

RE: MGM Grand

by Paulie_D

I believe that the West Wing is the new name for the renovated Emerald Rooms.

Paulie

RE: RE: MGM Grand

by fsuk

Thanks paulie! always appreciate a super fast answer!

RE: MGM Grand

by joesorce

The rooms are fine they are just small if you have more than 2 people, and a long walk from the check-in area of the hotel.

RE: RE: MGM Grand

by fsuk

Thanks Joe, I have booked the grand tower rooms instead you guys are all great!

Comments