4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

2010

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

The Perfect Honeymoon.in Skylofts Boutique Hotel

On top of the MGM Grand is the ultimate in luxury called Skykofts.....personal loft suites for that very special occasion or just because you can. There are 51 2 storey lofts with ceiling to floor windows overlooking the Strip so imagine the views! On arrival you will be chauffeured from the airport and greeted by your own personal concierge who will introduce you to your very own butler who will be on hand 24 hours a day.

Unique Quality: Choose a 1, 2 ,or 3 bedroomed loft where the bathrooms have infinity tubs with a 32"LCD next to it. Its own steam room and a TV in the bathroom mirror. The bedrooms all have aromatic oils for burning and creating a peaceful area for sleep and the whole comfort of the loft is controlled by remote.

Now if I could afford this I would be giving first hand accounts but this is a special place so has special rates!! This will cost you anything from $600 a night to a whacking$10,000 depending on time of year.

Directions: On top of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Jolly Green Giant

The MGM Grand is one of the first hotels you see when flying into Vegas, purely because its the biggest hotel in the world. With over 5000 rooms this green glass giant towers over McCarren airport. It actually took me 20 minutes to walk from the entrance to my room! Full of fun entertainment and renowned for its hosting of main sporting events and showbiz stars, this is definitely a hotel for all the family to enjoy. Lots of good restaurants and cafes but very busy at weekends whatever time of year.

Unique Quality: Five separate swimming pools cover an area of 6.5 acres and an amazing entertainment centre seating of 17000!

• hochanz's Profile Photo

Excellent Location

I stayed in the MGM Grand for 5 days on a conference while in Las Vegas. I enjoyed the location and all the amenities right in and around the hotel. The walk to the conference rooms was very long but was part of the hotel. Service was very excellent.

Directions: Close to the airport. about a 5 minute cab ride. excellent.

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

A grand time

I had the time of my life playing at the MGM Grand. They do know how to take care of their guests. Actually, my daughter had the best time there than in most of the hotels they went to. Notice the word "they"? that's because I didn't leave this hotel until the holiday was over. like I said, it was the best casino to me. I've played in different hotels in the area, and nothing, absolutely nothing beats this one!

Oh, and I did get to see Julia Roberts, George Clooney while we were there. What a treat eh?

Unique Quality: In case you get tired of all the playing (which I did not), chances are that you'd find a show going on at the hotel. check out their schedules. They also have a spa.

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

MGM Grand

MGM Grand is a great place to stay, has a good location, lots of restaurants, and a fabulous pool. We saw Tom Jones perform there. It was so Vegas! The only downside to this hotel is that it's huge! You walk forever just to get anywhere. On the plus side, the monorail picks up here, and there are walkways to Tropicana and New York New York. Our room was a bit on the smallish side, but we don't stay in our room much anyway.

Unique Quality: We spent hours at the pool, and I could have spent my whole vacation there. There are four swimming pools, a lazy river, and lots of cocktail bars.

Directions: On the strip at the intersection of Tropicana, Excalibur, and New York New York

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The Grande Hotel

I could not believe the size of MGM's casino... I think it has over 3700 video slots, and very formidable amount of tables as well. I spent one night here in the Casino and Studio 54 nightclub, and I was very suprised at how many young, energetic people stay here. It was a crowd I would have expected from the very overrated Palms. I had a great time here, even though lady luck was not on my side, and would very much consider staying here ona future trip, if nothing else than the very young, sexy, single crowd that was in here.

Unique Quality: They have 5 Lions in a den in this spot, but, sadly for me they decided not come out while I was waiting.

Directions: Slightly South on the strip

• AlekToronto's Profile Photo

What time is it?

This place is so dark..
    I was part of a large conference at this hotel so I had the pleasure of staying in this massive monster of a hotel.
    The rooms are plain but at least they are large, beds are soft (I am sure from overuse)shower pressure is very weak and everyone I talked to had skin rashes from using the cheap toiletries provided by the hotel - important tip - bring your own!
    pool area is nice but the hours are very limited - they want you in the casino.
    Actually everything in this hotel is designed to keep you in the casino, no minibars, short pool hours, no windows anywhere, no clocks anywhere.

Restaurants.
    There are lots of dining options at the MGM and I found them all pretty $$$$$. Wolfgang Puck has a decent resto that is more reasonable. Shibuya has standard sushi for big ticket prices...and Emerils was not very exciting..everything tasted pretty bland.

Nightspots
    MGM has 2 very popular and pretty good spots - Studio 54 and Teatro. 54 has a younger college and tourist age crowd and Teatro aims for a more European style (at least it tries)

I am sure everyone knows this is an ENORMOUS Place with lots of people all over all the time. Not my speed but might be yours.
    Have fun!

Unique Quality: none

Directions: The Strip

• bambamgp's Profile Photo

So far, my favorite one

MGM has become my favorite choice when I go to Vegas. They have an amazing customer service. They think about keeping their guests the whole time. Last time I checked out I got a big bunch of discounts, I stayed in one of the suites and and the end it cost me around 100 dolars for 4 nights.
    I also got a letter once from them apologizing because their pool which was being mantained. I never noticed it because I didn't go to the pool; although, they gave me a couple of tickets to go and see La Femme. (You gotta see that show)
    MGM was the largest hotel in the world, I don't know if it still is. Believe me, you can spend a whole day just checking it out.

Unique Quality: It is the best connection center!! The Metrorail starts from the MGM!! And thakes you to Bally's.

Directions: Green emerald building. No hay pierde

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel .....
    Clean, staff very helpful.

Some of the eateries are
    a little expensive for what
    you get ... service average.

Overall - good place to stay

Unique Quality: One of the largest hotels in the world,
    this place will overwhelm you with its
    size.

The Deluxe Grand Tower rooms are
    reminiscent of a Hollywood studio
    bungalow, complete with a sitting area.

You will find a wide variety of other Hollywood
    inspired venues including Studio 54, and
    Farmers Market. The Studio Walk offers
    endless shopping and eating choices.

• jel118981's Profile Photo

1 of the 7 biggest hotels in the world

Unique Quality: It's not only an amazing hotel you can also enjoy the grand pool complex, the grand garner arena, TabĂș, La Femme, Studio 54 and the lion Habitat..... and the casino!!!!!

• Still my favorite

Second time staying here, even better than the first. Stayed in the newly remodeled West Wing this time - loved it. Smallish but very comfortable rooms, euro feel and nice appointments. Others have offered mixed reviews of the West Wing, but would stay there again in a heartbeat. Yes the room is small, but not too small - we weren't tripping over each other. Nice bed, premium linens.

Unique Quality: Went in early Sept 05, casino was pretty slow during the day - which we enjoyed. Played in the twice-daily poker tournaments while I was there and loved it - my first time doing that.

Directions: Same place it's always been, on the southeast corner of the strip.

• TangoNuevo's Profile Photo

MGM Grand

Quite a pleasant stay. Although, walking to the hotel room along the long aisle could be quite tiring.

Easy to find parking. MGM is one of the largest hotel in the strip. And you're not away from the main attractions.

Unique Quality: Lion Habitat, and walkway to New York, New York Hotel.

• Great for Families

MGM is a beautiful and huge, hotel. There are many restaurants to choose from including a food court that was perfect for a quick breakfast. Our room at MGM was very comfortable and clean, we enjoyed it very much. However, despite making our reservation 5 mths in advance, we only had a view of a brick wall. I was very irrated with the check in service. It took about 45 minutes to check in and get to our room. Also, the shuttle from the airport was not available when we got in around 11 pm. It was suppose to be available. Because we had to wait for a cab, it took about 45 minutes to get to the hotel when is should have only taken 15. All this at 100 + degrees. By the time we got in bed, it was 1:30 am.

Unique Quality: Perfect for families with kids around 11 and 9. The river pool has the best lazy river I have ever seen. You can rent rafts for a whopping $14/day or you can just float. There is a great waterfall at this pool, as well. The lion habitat was entertaining for our kids as well and there is an arcade. Location is superior. It is close to several other family oriented hotels/casinos, such as the Luxor, Excaliber and New York, New York., and it is close to the airport. Also across the street from Tropicana where black jack tables are cheaper. There is a food court with great quick breakfast selections. I would run down and pick up breakfast for everyone and we would eat in our room. This saved us money.

Directions: The MGM is located on the south end of the strip, which is closer to the airport. It is across the street from Excaliber, Luxor, New York New York and the Tropicana.

• soupay's Profile Photo

Trying its best to be "classy"

Overall, the MGM Grand was great. The club Studio 54 is inside, and there is a walkway over to the NY,NY. The NY,NY caters much more to the 20s crowd while the MGM has much more a businessman crowd. The decor inside isn't much to write home about. In the rooms and hallways there are black and white glossys of actors. However, the "casino women" wear the most clothing compared to other "casino women." (In the Paris, they wear little more than bathing suits.)

We stayed in the MGM because it was the cheapest casino that wasn't way out in B.F.E. If it was the cheapest again, I would stay there.

Unique Quality: The lion exhibit is pretty neat. Since lions are cats, they mostly sleep all day, but if you are lucky, you'll get a chance to see the cubs. This might more cuteness than you can handle.

Directions: On the north side of the strip - right across from the New York, New York.

• martin_foster's Profile Photo

Look for the Lion

Our first trip to Las vegas saw us choose the MGM...a great choice....nice room....lots to do...LOTS TO DO.....

Shops...Casino...Shops....The pool just went for miles....more shops....and lots of shows to see....

We were there for 3 nights and saw 3 shows.....first night it was off to the Mirage to see Siegfried and Roy...fantastic....(hope you're getting better Roy)...next night it was at the MGM...Rita Rudner....soooo funny.....and on the last night....the best show of all....TOM JONES....woohoo...great show Tom....

THe MGM is great.......huge.....biggest hotel in the world I believe....we loved it there....highly recommended....

Unique Quality: I think the pool and water park was the standout for me....it was monstrous...a river that ran for miles....

THe white lions were supposed to be an awesome sight...I think we always went at the wrong time though....they were always away.....maybe next time

Directions: End of the strip.....near the airport

More about MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

MGM Grand - Las VegasMGM Grand - Las Vegas

by fsuk

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on whether the west wing rooms are just the emerald rooms but named differently? Meaning to say that I have read some reviews of the hotel saying not to stay in the emerald rooms but having been on the MGM website they don't have any rooms by that name but do have rooms in the west wing? I was wondering if they were the same thing! also if you had the choice would you go for the MGM or caesars palace? Thanks in advance!!

RE: MGM Grand

by Paulie_D

I believe that the West Wing is the new name for the renovated Emerald Rooms.

Paulie

RE: RE: MGM Grand

by fsuk

Thanks paulie! always appreciate a super fast answer!

RE: MGM Grand

by joesorce

The rooms are fine they are just small if you have more than 2 people, and a long walk from the check-in area of the hotel.

RE: RE: MGM Grand

by fsuk

Thanks Joe, I have booked the grand tower rooms instead you guys are all great!

Comments