4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

2010

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• sunny729's Profile Photo

One of LV's finest

We were married at the Forever Grand Wedding Chappel and thanks to their staff and that of the hotel's our wedding/honeymoon was like a fairytale. If you are looking for a place to get married, give them a call. The Grand Tower rooms are very nice and we had a great view of the strip. They always seem to have great specials and with our anniversary coming up we are just days away to returning to one of our favorite places.

Unique Quality: Customer service was great. They only had two pools open the time of year we were there but they were big enough for all to enjoy. The other pools open in late March and are even bigger. I did say the view was great right? We are going to try out their Spa, heard it was nice also.

Directions: South Strip

• sunny729's Profile Photo

One of LV's finest

Directions: South Strip

• wanderingbtrfly's Profile Photo

World's Largest Hotel

The largest hotel on the Strip, the MGM Grand is just that- Grand.
    Get ready to do a lot of walking in this hotel. From your hotel room to the pool area, you could easily walk at least 1/4 of a mile.
    But if you don't mind all of the walking, this hotel is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in.

Unique Quality: Perks: The Lion Habitat, a skybridge over to the New York New York, a shuttle that will take you directly to Bally's, 5 pools (one is a winding river), 2 shopping areas, countless restaurants (including McDonald's for the money strapped traveler) & an immense Casino.
    Pitfalls: If you just want a place to sleep at night, you may want to go somewhere else. This hotel is made for people who love to check out there own hotel before venturing out onto the Strip. Also, if your room is in the smaller tower, you will have to walk down a VERY long hallway just to get to your room. Spend the extra money and stay in the larger tower!
    Personal Favorite: I loved this hotel, but my 2 favorite things would have to be the view of the Bellagio Fountains from our room & the distinct smell of the shopping area on the way to the pool area. I still haven't figured out what that smell was... :)

Directions: South Strip on the intersection with New York New York, The Tropicana & Excalibur

• SassyMcPeaches's Profile Photo

Above and Beyond

The MGM Grand is a city within itself, and you'll do a great deal of walking within the hotel. There isn't an exotic theme like other Vegas resorts, but the staff does a brilliant job at meeting your every need and I greatly enjoyed my 6 night stay!
    The MGM Grand is centrally located on the strip, and I took the free shuttle that runs down to Bally's to get down the strip faster. Or simply cross the skybridge directly into the New York, New York where you can jump on another free shuttle that runs the other direction.
    The MGM often has many specials, so you can find a fabulous deal if you look for it. They even sent us free night vouchers to apologize for difficulties they were having with the pools during our stay.

Unique Quality: The MGM Grand pool area can make you forget you are in the middle of a city! With several pools to choose from, including a river, there are many options to cool down after cruising the strip.
    Also, the lion habitat is a fun addition! How many hotels have lions living next to the casino? However, it isn't as large as they advertisements make it seem. If this is your deciding factor, you might be a bit disappointed.

• Best overall Hotel in Vegas

I've stayed at the MGM several times and plan to do so again this year!! I have visted most of the other hotels on and off of the strip, but for this price, you get a suite where you would get a regular room like at Caesar's for example. It sure is huge but thats what I love about it, Emeril and Wolf Gang Puck both have restaurants inside the hotel, not to mention the Rain Forest Cafe among others plus many more places for the kids like MCDonalds. Everytime I go to vegas (every year ), I want to try out new hotels, but the MGM had never failed me!! I dont want to stay anywhere else! I recommend it to everyone and all my friends.! :)

Unique Quality: The great View of the strip is only one quality of this hotel/casino. They have a lion habitat, several Swimming pools ( I cant even count them), a food court, a club, and a free shuttle that takes you around the vegas strip for the days if the heat is too much to walk! The rooms are of a good size (hint: if affordable and traveling with more than one family, check out the "Marquee Suite", it has 2 separate bedrooms on opposite ends of the suite with full sized bathrooms for each. The Suite also holds a bar, living room, and dining room, with plenty of space for more than one family. check out the 360 view on the mgmgrand.com website) You will be treated like a King and Queen and get individual attention when needed at the MGM....I did not get that feeling at other Major named hotels on the strip, Besides bumping into famous boxing champions while walking around this hotel, I have had nothing but great experiences at this hotel...my family has been going for about 8 years now. We have tried to stay at other hotels, but only to come right back to this hotel :)

Directions: Vegas Strip

• coolpanda87's Profile Photo

City of Entertainment

I really enjoyed my stay at the MGM Grand. The facilities are excellent and the room was simply marvellous! Even the breathtaking paronamic view of the strip was worth it! The only minor problem was the time the bellboys took to find our room!

^_^

Unique Quality: There are 6+ pools, including a lazy river, whirlpools, wading pools, waterfalls, kiddy pools and Olympic size swimming pools. For the lazy river, there are rafts and tubes that you can rent on the side to use in the lazy river. The pools also offer aerobic swimming classes, length swimming & etc.

The buffet is very good, incorporating Western, Exotic & Asian cuisine. Like other mega-resorts on the strip, the line-ups can be frustrating & tedious!

Directions: The Strip, across from NY NY & Tropicana

• Big but plain Hotel

This hotel, like most in Vegas, has everything!
    My only comment is that the MGM is a lot plainer compared to others I visited ie Venitian or Ballagio, doesnt really have a cool theme.
    Service etc. is superb, upgraded our rooms uopn arrival and staff were all friendly.
    Studio 54 is a nice nightclub within the hotel which is a bonus, free entry can usually be negotiated if you are staying there.

Unique Quality: Probably best feature is the pool area which is huge and has a river rapid running throughout. Large rubber rings can be rented for the day but if you head down the pool later in the day they are plenty lying left over.

• Paulie_D's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Hotel And Casino

The largest hotel in the worls is my preferred hotel when staying in Las Vegas. I have and continue to recommend this hotel to people who are travelling to the town.

The MGM offers check-in at McCarran and transport to the hotel. Prices are comparable to taxis/shuttles. You can also have your bags delivered to your room and get straight into the action

This 'City of Entertainment' has loads to see and do and, in the unlikely event that you feel the need to wander has easy access to the New York, New York Hotel, Excalibur, Luxor and, by monorail, (scheduled to re-open early 2004 after extension) to many other Strip casinos. (See LVMonorail.com for details)

Unique Quality: My preference is for a Grand Tower room which is worth the small extra cost as the room is much larger and the view (if you are lucky enough to get a room facing the Strip) is great.

A casino floor the size of 5 (US) football fields means that you can always play the games you like although finding you way back to your room can sometimes be a little confusing.

Directions: Corner of Las Vegas Blvd / Tropicana Ave

• Robachu1's Profile Photo

The Largest Hotel in the World

The room was nice but obviously old compared to the Venetian and Paris. Still we got a Jacuzzi Suite for the price of a standard room at the Venetian.

Directions: The Strip

• Edgeon's Profile Photo

MGM Grand

Unique Quality: The MGM is the largest hotel in Vegas. It hosts the usual bevy of attractions: bars, restaurants, shows, but the most notable are the huge plexiglass lion's cage on the lobby floor replete with several lions and Studio 54, the hotel's nightclub.

• Alexeyko's Profile Photo

I want to recommend stay at...

I want to recommend stay at the MGM hotel. It's a wonderfull hotel. Furthemore, if you stay at MGM, you will get free tickets to a few very interesting shows.
    As for fee for MGM - it not very different from other hotels.
    Don't repeat my first time fault! I'd book a cheap hotel outside the 'Strip Ave.' And only after day in LV, I was found that the price of 'cheap' and luxury hotel differ not more than 10-20$/day. Wow!

• donovanel's Profile Photo

MGM Grand

Prices can range from $89 to $549/nite--just depends on the level of luxury you desire and the time of year you go.

Unique Quality: Overlooking the famous Las Vegas Strip, the MGM Grand features 5,034 elegant guest rooms and magnificent suites, all offering the very finest in amenities and personal service. Within its four 30-story emerald-green towers, the MGM Grand offers nine different kinds of rooms and suites to please any guest, from the Deluxe Rooms and Players and Spa Suites to the luxurious Grand Class 29th floor suites. Every Deluxe room is decorated in one of four classic motifs, including 'Wizard of
    Oz', 'Hollywood', 'Southern' and 'Casablanca.'

Directions: The Strip
    3799 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109

• aussie79's Profile Photo

MGM Grand
    $59.95-$369 per night based on double occupancy. Rates can fluctuate and change without notice.

Unique Quality: The MGM has to be the largest property on the strip as far as acreage with 5005 rooms! The MGM is a hollywood themed hotel, featuring pictures of your favorite movie stars lining the walls. The MGM offers five interconnected swimming pools, three large whirlpools, a relaxing river, lush tropical landscaping, bridges, fountains and waterfalls. Things to do and see at MGM: Grand Theatre with 'EFX Alive', starring Rick Springfield. The MGM Garden, a 17,157-seat special events center capable of housing championship boxing, concerts, sporting and other special events. The Hollywood Theatre, a 650-seat theatre for concerts and comedy. The new Lion Habitat features multilevel areas for the pride lions to play and interact with the public. I saw Rita Rudner's stand up comdey show at the MGM and had a great time!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

The MGM Grand Hotel was...

The MGM Grand Hotel was where we stayed in. It was just too... too huge for my liking. Felt like I was in a circus environment or something. Also, the lobby area is pretty noisy. Would I come back and stay at this hotel again?? Personally, NO! :-(

More about MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

MGM Grand - Las VegasMGM Grand - Las Vegas

by fsuk

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on whether the west wing rooms are just the emerald rooms but named differently? Meaning to say that I have read some reviews of the hotel saying not to stay in the emerald rooms but having been on the MGM website they don't have any rooms by that name but do have rooms in the west wing? I was wondering if they were the same thing! also if you had the choice would you go for the MGM or caesars palace? Thanks in advance!!

RE: MGM Grand

by Paulie_D

I believe that the West Wing is the new name for the renovated Emerald Rooms.

Paulie

RE: RE: MGM Grand

by fsuk

Thanks paulie! always appreciate a super fast answer!

RE: MGM Grand

by joesorce

The rooms are fine they are just small if you have more than 2 people, and a long walk from the check-in area of the hotel.

RE: RE: MGM Grand

by fsuk

Thanks Joe, I have booked the grand tower rooms instead you guys are all great!

Comments