Las Vegas Hotels

Our Members Say

• bpwarne profile photo bpwarne
  • Reviews: 332

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino: Are you kidding me?

We stayed at this hotel for one night in March, 2014. We paid $45 total. We were also charged an additional $5 'Resort Fee' which we were not made aware of when we booked through Booking.com. Breakfast was not included. Room was quite large, had a fridge but no microwave.
First and foremost: This is NOT a 3 star hotel. Yes there is a 'Casino' and on site restaurant, but both are extremely small and in the same room, meaning that there is a lot of noise and smoke while eating.There were two elevators but only one functioning and it was not pleasant. There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi. The staff was pleasant and courteous.
Other than the HD TV, everything about this hotel looked old, old, old, outdated and in need of paint and renovation. We would not stay here again. It just has a very, very tired feeling to it

Free shuttle which runs on the hour from 7 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week to McCarran Airport and Bally's Hotel / Casino.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Casino and Gambling
  • Written March 30, 2014

MGM Grand Hotel & Casino: Great Room with a view

The sheer size of the establishment alone is mind blowing. What took me by surprise was the room we got at the price we got it for. It was an impromptu stop as we drove home from a 4 nights getaway to Yosemite National Park. We had just toured Death Valley National Park when I decided we should make a stop in Las Vegas to pamper ourselves after a few days communing with nature.

I got on my iPhone, logged on to Booking.com and found a wonderful deal for $79 for the Deluxe Queen. The interior of the room was inviting with beautiful art decor. The amenities are definitely high quality. Refrigerator with drinks that you can have and get billed to you at check out. Flat panel TV, computer desk with quite modern desk light and white leather chair.

The bathroom was large with a great bath tub. The counter and wash sink looked new and modern with fine and cool colors that gave it a cool feel.

The beds were incredibly comfortable, fresh bed sheets, soft pillows and beautiful long accent pillows.

The electronic control panel for the blinds was awesome. We were able to get the room pitch black by pressing a button.
The floor carpet was colorful giving the room a cozy feel.

My only disappointment was there there was no microwave or coffee maker in the room. But then I guess they are in the business of making money anyway they can. That explains the 3 Starbucks shops I saw in the part of the Casino floor I was able to walk through.

My daughter on the other hand was disappointed because we took time to go swim suit shopping for her, only to find the hotel pool had closed at 6:00 pm. That was really frustrating for me too because I had planned on getting me a martini to drink by the pool.

I must say I enjoyed my one night stay and will surely go back.

• Related to: Architecture, Family Travel
  • Written May 18, 2013
Tip Photo

Our beautiful and clean room

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Circus Circus Las Vegas: Room with a view

My family and I, stayed at the Circus Circus Hotel on the Las Vegas strip during a recent visit. I had stayed there twice before, but this time around the hotel looked rather worn out and darker on the Sky tower side of it. Renovations are under way and some of the areas have been cut off. Besides that, I pre-booked the hotel using Priceline.com at a price I thought was a winner $38/ night. I booked 2 separate rooms 1 with a King bed and the other with 2 queens, since I had my daughter and girlfriend with. I booked 2 nights with a mind to book the Stratosphere for the rest of the stay.

What I thought was a great deal turned out not to be because, the hotel charges you extra on arrival for what they call resort fees. An extra $15 per room, which made the cost not really $38. That aside, our rooms were high up on the 23rd floor with an outstanding view of the strip, which I must say I'm the only one who seemed to care about. Mark and my girlfriend seemed unperturbed by my concern for rooms with a view.The rooms were large, with much older décor that need to be replaced. They had an old Mardi Gras theme, which by the way is part of the Circus Circus theme. The purple, green and gold mix made the room look darker. Our room was furnished with a dresser table and lamp, the table big enough for me to put my laptop and work from. The bedside tables were big enough with nice lamps. An old alarm clock was on my bed side. Apparently it went off each morning and only Mark could hear it, funny to think as I'm such a light sleeper (smile!)

The shower seemed to have recently been redone; it had a nice marble finish to it. The amenities included a shower cap, soap, plastic cups wrapped up in 4s. The vanity area by the sink was very large, which I loved. Fresh white towels, in fact they gave us a 2 day supply, which was great because I did not want housekeeping coming around when we were out the next day.

Free WiFi access for hotel guests only. A password is required (well your last name and room number). This was a added bonus. Plus children below 3 eat free, I found out about the age thing after we left.

The hotel is located on the strip, so it is an easy walk to the Fashion Mall and most anything on the strip. Valet parking is available at the hotel for $2.00.
Recommended for families with children; the Hotel has an arcade where children can play games to their heart's desires. The Adventure Dome is for thrill seekers, also a great place for children. Well the parents have to pay for the games of course. Buying a whole day pass is cheaper for the arcade. Plus, children under 3 eat free.
Warning: Weekend prices are generally more expensive; in fact double the weekday pricing.

• Related to: Family Travel

The Venetian Las Vegas Casino, Hotel & Resort: Captivating Interior

I stayed at the Venetian hotel about 6 years ago, but never got to reviewing it. It was a one night stay on one of my whirlwind travels to meet a friend from Argentina. I should like to say that, for luck of a better word, it is almost like a palace. Very expensive and high market, but the price is worth all that you get to enjoy. I did not pay for my stay then, and out of respect I did not ask how much our room cost. But from shopping around before my last trip, I can tell you that a night's stay begins from $150 and above, except for low season (which I must say is not exactly low since this is Vegas!).

Reminiscent of the Venetian city in Italy, it brings with it the feel of a place in another time.

On a recent trip with my visiting girlfriend, we happened to enjoy a visit to the hotel (spend much of the time at the Victoria's Secret). I enjoyed the decor and ambiance. The warm inviting colors, and richness of it all. If I had the money to spare, I would definitely return and stay here. For those who can afford it, I recommend it.

• Related to: Business Travel, Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Imperial Palace Hotel & Casion: Disappointing

Let me start by saying that I was VERY disappointed by this Hotel. That having been said, it was a good price for the Superbowl weekend. It is one of those hotels that I can mark as "Been there, done that". As many have already read from my blog, I was in Las Vegas over the Superbowl weekend. It was also the weekend of the Travbuddy reunion Meet-up. As always, last minute deals do me much justice when it comes to price. I got the price I wanted, but not the accommodation I wanted. I should have gone with my gut feeling at the time of booking. Initially I had booked the Stratosphere, but Travel zoo sent me a list of Las Vegas hotels on sale over the weekend. The list included Imperial Palace, Stratosphere, circus-Circus and Flamingo. All in the price range of $52 - 70/ night.

Two weeks prior, I had stayed at the Circus-Circus, so I wanted something else. I narrowed it down to two: Stratosphere and Imperial Palace. I called Mark at work to ask which hotel he preferred; 'Oriental Palace' he responded. Well he meant Imperial Palace. I called the Stratosphere and released my booking and purchased the Imperial Palace rooms for $67/night. The decision was made based on the fact that it was within a walking distance to the PBR Rock Bar & Grill where the pre Meet-up was scheduled to take place. The location is great, right on the strip.

Check in at the hotel when we arrived was something like I had never seen in all my years of travel. The queue went all the way to the entrance. It took us an hour to check in. I guess it was the price, and the fact that it was Superbowl. I caution anyone going to Las Vegas over Superbowl, it is crazy.
Well the wait to check in was made bearable by the drinks we had while waiting. Most everyone was having a drink. Mark bought a beer and I had a rum and cola. An hour and 15 minutes later we were in our room. The room was as basic as a Motel 6 (to be honest, more basic than most of the Motel 6's I used in the last year). On a positive side, it was clean, very clean.

More on the down side, the bed was a little uncomfortable and the AC/ heater was rather noisy. In comparison to the Circus-Circus room for which I had payed less 2 weeks earlier, I felt cheated. But I let it go and managed to have a semi decent sleep until about 5:00 am, when our next door occupants started running their shower, and then I was up.

The WiFi is not free. But even the paid version was really difficult to get as the process to get signed on was so much complicated. It is amazing in this day and age, for someone as conversant with computers as I'm to fail to log on to the web from a hotel room. I asked Mark to try thinking perhaps, I, was missing something. He could not either, we finally agreed to let it go. We decided we would go to Starbucks and get online from there. With 2 cups of coffee and a tea for Desire, we managed to get online from Starbucks.

On a more positive note: The price was good, the location great, service okay, and the rooms are clean. I believe an upgrade to a deluxe may offer something better.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel

• Yaqui profile photo Yaqui
  • Reviews: 4678

Encore~: The best Vegas has to offer~

I would say this is about the nicest place we have every stayed. About everything about his hotel said blush and elegant. The colors they chose for the whole hotel was red and it was quite pleasing. I am not interior designer, but just about all the colors they chose were pleasing. The service here was top notch too. On the other hand, just about everything was very expensive. Yet, it was all worth it. We really enjoyed ourselves every minute we stayed here. I suggest you get on there emailing list because they offered us a deal we could not resist. Our two night stay encluded two show tickets for Le Reve and 50$ slot play. So we took advantage of it and really enjoyed it. We would stay here again for sure. Our room was the Tower King Suite and very lush and had a fabulous view too.

*Bathroom features dual sinks, separate water closet, shower and soaking tub.
*Your Tower Suite offers touch-screen curtains, lighting
and privacy controls, with king or two queen beds.
*Enjoy complimentary high-speed Internet access, boarding pass printing,
cordless phone and fax machine.
*Your Encore Tower Suite includes daily in-room breakfast for two,
fitness center access and clothes pressing.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written March 18, 2012

• Weaslebeee profile photo Weaslebeee
  • Reviews: 11

MGM Grand: Safe Bet

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once in a Deluxe Room and once in the West Wing. Both have their own unique charm. The Deluxe room felt like your standard hotel room. Clean, 446 sq. ft. room, with a double pillow top mattress. The West Wing was a bit smaller at 350 sq. ft. but certainly unconventional. It had the same double pillow top mattress, a flat screen TV, DVD player, BOSE radio alarm clock, with a modern bathroom that felt a bit like an upscale locker room. My only complaint was that the windows are not very big and therefore do not let in much light. If I had to choose between the two I would stay in the West Wing again. It was a bit of a trek from the casino and could be accessed through a seemingly hidden passage way in the West Wing Bar.

The MGM Grand offers one of the most elegant pools in the world. It actually has 5 pools, 3 whirpools, a lazy river than you can inner tube around, and several waterfalls. Like any tropical paradise, cabanas are offered with an additional fee.

• Related to: Singles, Casino and Gambling, Spa and Resort
  • Written January 22, 2012

MGM Grand

• RenaeLarson profile photo RenaeLarson
  • Reviews: 1

Tourist Attractions

The hotel is strategically located at the heart of Edmonton. Its nearness to other tourist attractions of Edmonton makes this hotel an intelligent choice for tourist and guests looking to explore the rest of the city.

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written November 11, 2011

Mirage Hotel: A hotel with a strip view/volcano view

When booking at a hotel, make sure to request for a room with a view. I have not stayed at Mirage Hotel, but most of their rooms have views in them.

I assure you that you won't be spending much time in your room when you are in Las Vegas! There are so many things to see anyway...so why spend time in your room?

Three days-stay in Las Vegas was not enough. We have to go back again and again...We still have to do the Grand Canyon Helicopter ride...

I uploaded 1,000 pictures on my Las Vegas page and many reviews. I hope those tips will help you.

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written October 12, 2011

• Yaqui profile photo Yaqui
  • Reviews: 4678

The Orleans: Old Fashion Charm

The Orleans over 3,000 slots, video poker and video keno machines. Table games include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Let It Ride and Three Card Poker. You'll find more fast, friendly action in the Race and Sports Book, the very popular 35-table Poker Room, and the 24-Hour, 60-seat Keno Lounge. The rooms I have been told by friends are very nice and updated.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written September 23, 2011

• Reviews: 1818

The Cosmopolitan Hotel: The Chandeliers are humungous!

I haven't stayed here yet. But, definitely, I am planning of booking here next time I come back to Vegas. The difference of this hotel from other hotels is the size of their chandeliers! They have the largest chandelier that you can see! I can't believe how big it is! It's probably about five stories of a chandelier!

The lounges are very intimate and very classy. There are many bars here, too.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 19, 2011

Polo Towers: Booking for 6-8 people

If there are 6-8 of you, it is better to get a villa at the Polo Towers. You will save a lot of money that way!

Try this, check out the deals at Expedia.com by booking 5 people at the same time with a flight and hotel package. It will only give you options which will be hotels which will accommodate five people. Try booking on a Tuesday which is cheaper. These will cut down your expense. Then book the three other people on a separate account...

If you are a budget traveller, this is the way to do it. If money is not a problem, there is also a villa at the Bellagio Hotel.

Booking your flight and hotel at the same time is the best way to do it. Always have reservations first before you head to Las Vegas because you don't know what's going on there. Most of the time, there are conventions! Once there is a convention going on, most hotels are already booked and you might end up staying at a hotel further down the Strip...

I hope this helps...

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 17, 2011

• Weaslebeee profile photo Weaslebeee
  • Reviews: 11

Wynn Las Vegas: Favorite hotel on The Strip

We stayed on the 37th floor in a 640 sq. ft. 'Deluxe Panoramic View' resort room. Upon arrival the first thing that stood out was the door bell and electronic privacy notification system outside our room. The hallway leading in was massive and decorated with a giant floor to ceiling mirror. The king size pillow-top bed features 100% Egyptian cotton and has a pillow head board. The bedside lamps are mounted to the walls and can be adjusted to your liking. The end tables feature a light control that also open/closes the drapery, adjusts the room temperature, and controls whether or not you would like privacy or your room serviced. On the other side, an iHome iPod clock radio. There is a minibar, snack table, drink service and dresser rolled in one. The drawers on the right hold clothes, the cabinet on the left holds cold drinks. Lets see...flat screen LCD television, cordless phone/fax/ and internet service. Dining table and chairs, couch and ottoman. The bathroom has a his and hers sink, vanity area, soaking tub, enclosed shower, separate toilet area, and a television. I believe the toiletries provided were from Desert Bamboo...all in all, the most beautiful, relaxing room we have stayed in! Would definitely recommend it to anyone that enjoys staying in and enjoying the room.

The pool is by far the most extravagant we have ever seen. Cabanas are beautiful. Man made gardens and waterfalls make you feel as though you have slipped into Wonderland. The Casino is well lit and doesn't give you that "gloomy trapped" feeling.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Casino and Gambling, Luxury Travel
  • Written June 2, 2011
Tip Photo

The Wynn and Encore on Las Vegas Blvd.

• SedonaDee profile photo SedonaDee
  • Reviews: 57

The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Las Vegas: Quality & Quieter Venue for Your Vegas Stay

Spent two nights at the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Las Vegas to welcome in the 2010 New Year. This hotel is about 16 miles from Vegas, in Henderson in a little village of Lake Las Vegas. There is one casino for the whole village made up of several hotels, some residences, shops and hotels. It is a quieter feel than on the "strip", which I liked for this trip. It is a top-notch property, like most all Ritz-Carlton's are.

The rooms were nicely appointed and beds made with lovely linens. We had a room looking out onto a central garden and on to the lake. My only complaint is that there are no light switches inside of the bathroom or separate toilet room. The only light switch is on the wall outside of the bathroom, which I found inconvenient and a bit of a safety issue, but probably expensive to change.

Service was excellent and I would love to stay at this resort again.

The little village of Lake Las Vegas is right outside the door of the Ritz-Carlton and a fun place to walk around. Some of the little shops were not open, but it was still nice none-the-less. There is even an outdoor ice skating rink on the edge of the lake right behind the Ritz-Carlton. They played music and it was used a lot during the time we were there- very nice activity for the kids that were staying there. There are boat rides available on the lake and little paddle boats also. The casino is very close to the Ritz-Carlton, so easy to walk to and from.

The hotel provided a complimentary New Year's Eve Party in the Firenze Lounge, which was well attended. They had a good DJ and a free champagne toast at midnight. Other drinks were pricey, but it was a fun and safe party to welcome in the New Year. There was also a great fireworks display that went on for quite a while. Very impressive.

Though we didn't use the spa, I have heard that this is one of the nicest of the Ritz-Carlton's spas from a couple of people.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and omelettes were made to perfection.

The best part for us is that dogs below a certain weight are very welcome here. We were told it was a $75 charge for our pet, but we realized after we life that they never charged us for it. Maybe our little doggie got to stay free for good behavior. There is a parking fee at this hotel that we think was $20/day.

The grounds and garden area are beautifully groomed and appealing. A golf course in very nearby.

• Related to: Casino and Gambling, Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written January 10, 2010

Rooms look out the lovely Tuscan-inspired Gardens

The M Hotel: The M Hotel

There is a new hotel in Las Vegas. I am not sure when they opened this hotel but last year when we came here, they were still building it. There were a lot of construction going on (going north of the strip, the M hotel is located on the right side). We have to walked on make-shift covered walkways for protection. Now, the M Hotel is beautiful.

We didnt' really stay at this hotel. Maybe some other time just to experience how it is to stay in this new hotel.

At the front of the hotel is more of a Newer design. Not sure what is the motiff of the hotel but there is this huge logo at the front with the big letter M in front of it.

We actually went shopping inside the hotel and there are so many individual stores inside. We bought a lot of stuff at the Indian Art Gallery and bought some jewelries for my children as gifts and they even take installment plans - layaway plans!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel