Las Vegas Hotels

Our Members Say

• just4funds profile photo just4funds
  • Reviews: 72

Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort: Nice Resort in Henderson

This is a very large and sprawling facility complete with multiple restaurants & lounges, spa, casino, fitness center, lakeside activities, 2 golf courses and meeting/banquet facilities.

The resort was featured in the movie "America's Sweethearts," starring John Cusak, Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta Jones and Billy Crystal. Unfortunately, much of what was in the film was based on the private "Casbah" villas, so other than the palm tree lined drive not much was recognizable.

Being WAY off the strip (15 miles,) the casino staff was friendly and helpful .

The area is rocky and hilly. The golf courses are very challenging, the greens are firm and difficult to hold. I visited in early March, the weather was still cool at the time so there were not many guests, which kept the golf game moving swiftly.

• Related to: Casino and Gambling, Spa and Resort
  • Written December 3, 2003

Hyatt Regency @ Lake Las Vegas

• TravellerMel profile photo TravellerMel
  • Reviews: 700

The Cannery Casino: Excellent "Locals" Casino

I stayed here during my grandmothers recent illness. The staff was very nice and even gave me the "locals discount" since my parents live just up the street. Very nice, clean standard rooms. In-room mini-fridge, iron/ironing board & hair dryer - just wish there was a coffee maker!

Only problem was my first floor, non-smoking room smelled faintly of smoke trailed in from the casino floor. I would recommend this hotel if you are interested in staying off the Strip - pretty rooms, clean and nicer than a Motel 6 for about the same price.

Be sure to sign up for the C.A.N Card (their players club card) - I stayed for 4 nights and ended up with three cool gifts just for swiping the card!

• Related to: Casino and Gambling
  • Written March 22, 2009

Cannery Room

• RenaeLarson profile photo RenaeLarson
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tourist Attractions

The hotel is strategically located at the heart of Edmonton. Its nearness to other tourist attractions of Edmonton makes this hotel an intelligent choice for tourist and guests looking to explore the rest of the city.

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written November 11, 2011

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Circus Circus Las Vegas: Room with a view

My family and I, stayed at the Circus Circus Hotel on the Las Vegas strip during a recent visit. I had stayed there twice before, but this time around the hotel looked rather worn out and darker on the Sky tower side of it. Renovations are under way and some of the areas have been cut off. Besides that, I pre-booked the hotel using Priceline.com at a price I thought was a winner $38/ night. I booked 2 separate rooms 1 with a King bed and the other with 2 queens, since I had my daughter and girlfriend with. I booked 2 nights with a mind to book the Stratosphere for the rest of the stay.

What I thought was a great deal turned out not to be because, the hotel charges you extra on arrival for what they call resort fees. An extra $15 per room, which made the cost not really $38. That aside, our rooms were high up on the 23rd floor with an outstanding view of the strip, which I must say I'm the only one who seemed to care about. Mark and my girlfriend seemed unperturbed by my concern for rooms with a view.The rooms were large, with much older d├ęcor that need to be replaced. They had an old Mardi Gras theme, which by the way is part of the Circus Circus theme. The purple, green and gold mix made the room look darker. Our room was furnished with a dresser table and lamp, the table big enough for me to put my laptop and work from. The bedside tables were big enough with nice lamps. An old alarm clock was on my bed side. Apparently it went off each morning and only Mark could hear it, funny to think as I'm such a light sleeper (smile!)

The shower seemed to have recently been redone; it had a nice marble finish to it. The amenities included a shower cap, soap, plastic cups wrapped up in 4s. The vanity area by the sink was very large, which I loved. Fresh white towels, in fact they gave us a 2 day supply, which was great because I did not want housekeeping coming around when we were out the next day.

Free WiFi access for hotel guests only. A password is required (well your last name and room number). This was a added bonus. Plus children below 3 eat free, I found out about the age thing after we left.

The hotel is located on the strip, so it is an easy walk to the Fashion Mall and most anything on the strip. Valet parking is available at the hotel for $2.00.
Recommended for families with children; the Hotel has an arcade where children can play games to their heart's desires. The Adventure Dome is for thrill seekers, also a great place for children. Well the parents have to pay for the games of course. Buying a whole day pass is cheaper for the arcade. Plus, children under 3 eat free.
Warning: Weekend prices are generally more expensive; in fact double the weekday pricing.

• Related to: Family Travel

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1263

Any Hotel: Players Club Membership

Many of the hotels/casinos in Vegas offer a Players Club Membership. Sometimes, it encompasses a group of hotels/casinos. They want to track how much you are spending and in return offer you rewards such as discounted room rates or some free amenities. It doesn't cost any money to join. Each time you buy in to play the slot machines, card tables, craps or roulette, present your club card. My brother stayed at Treasure Island for the first time. At check out time, he was able to get one night free.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written March 8, 2009

• chickky311 profile photo chickky311
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Westward Ho Hotel & Casino: Cheap rooms at the end of the Strip.

The price is right for those on a budget, but remeber, you get what you pay for. Its not near any of the big resort hotels, so its a pretty far walk to the south strip area (MGM, Excalibur, etc). The room was clean, but the furniture looked like it was 50 years old. Staff were very friendly at check in/check out.

HUGE margaritas for 99 cents, and you can get an extra shot of tequila in it for $1. Also try the Mega Dog (or the Ho dog as some call it), I think its like $1.49 and its the biggest hot dog I've seen in my life, two people could eat this thing.

• Written May 27, 2005

The Ho at night.

• jhane27 profile photo jhane27
  • Reviews: 6

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

www.VRBO.com: A Luxury Stay In All Its Glory

I went to this website called www.vrbo.com

This is a site where home owners rent out big, beautiful luxury homes with private pools & spas with all the things you would have at your own home for the same price as a nice suite or room at Caesar's Palace or The Venetian. Some are even cheaper. The place had 4 bdrs and 3 bathrooms. With a lagoon pool/spa. A big kitchen and the Master bedroom was awesome. With a walk-in shower. The home was located only 15 minutes from the strip. So, you can enjoy the quiet from all the noise on the strip.

Private Pool/Spa
GAs BBQ Grill
50" Big Screen TV
High Speed Internet
Every TV had Cable
The community was very nice and peaceful after a long afternoon on the strip.
Washer/Dryer
Cooking Utensils
Linens & Towels available

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 1, 2005

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Imperial Palace Hotel & Casion: Disappointing

Let me start by saying that I was VERY disappointed by this Hotel. That having been said, it was a good price for the Superbowl weekend. It is one of those hotels that I can mark as "Been there, done that". As many have already read from my blog, I was in Las Vegas over the Superbowl weekend. It was also the weekend of the Travbuddy reunion Meet-up. As always, last minute deals do me much justice when it comes to price. I got the price I wanted, but not the accommodation I wanted. I should have gone with my gut feeling at the time of booking. Initially I had booked the Stratosphere, but Travel zoo sent me a list of Las Vegas hotels on sale over the weekend. The list included Imperial Palace, Stratosphere, circus-Circus and Flamingo. All in the price range of $52 - 70/ night.

Two weeks prior, I had stayed at the Circus-Circus, so I wanted something else. I narrowed it down to two: Stratosphere and Imperial Palace. I called Mark at work to ask which hotel he preferred; 'Oriental Palace' he responded. Well he meant Imperial Palace. I called the Stratosphere and released my booking and purchased the Imperial Palace rooms for $67/night. The decision was made based on the fact that it was within a walking distance to the PBR Rock Bar & Grill where the pre Meet-up was scheduled to take place. The location is great, right on the strip.

Check in at the hotel when we arrived was something like I had never seen in all my years of travel. The queue went all the way to the entrance. It took us an hour to check in. I guess it was the price, and the fact that it was Superbowl. I caution anyone going to Las Vegas over Superbowl, it is crazy.
Well the wait to check in was made bearable by the drinks we had while waiting. Most everyone was having a drink. Mark bought a beer and I had a rum and cola. An hour and 15 minutes later we were in our room. The room was as basic as a Motel 6 (to be honest, more basic than most of the Motel 6's I used in the last year). On a positive side, it was clean, very clean.

More on the down side, the bed was a little uncomfortable and the AC/ heater was rather noisy. In comparison to the Circus-Circus room for which I had payed less 2 weeks earlier, I felt cheated. But I let it go and managed to have a semi decent sleep until about 5:00 am, when our next door occupants started running their shower, and then I was up.

The WiFi is not free. But even the paid version was really difficult to get as the process to get signed on was so much complicated. It is amazing in this day and age, for someone as conversant with computers as I'm to fail to log on to the web from a hotel room. I asked Mark to try thinking perhaps, I, was missing something. He could not either, we finally agreed to let it go. We decided we would go to Starbucks and get online from there. With 2 cups of coffee and a tea for Desire, we managed to get online from Starbucks.

On a more positive note: The price was good, the location great, service okay, and the rooms are clean. I believe an upgrade to a deluxe may offer something better.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel

The Venetian Las Vegas Casino, Hotel & Resort: Captivating Interior

I stayed at the Venetian hotel about 6 years ago, but never got to reviewing it. It was a one night stay on one of my whirlwind travels to meet a friend from Argentina. I should like to say that, for luck of a better word, it is almost like a palace. Very expensive and high market, but the price is worth all that you get to enjoy. I did not pay for my stay then, and out of respect I did not ask how much our room cost. But from shopping around before my last trip, I can tell you that a night's stay begins from $150 and above, except for low season (which I must say is not exactly low since this is Vegas!).

Reminiscent of the Venetian city in Italy, it brings with it the feel of a place in another time.

On a recent trip with my visiting girlfriend, we happened to enjoy a visit to the hotel (spend much of the time at the Victoria's Secret). I enjoyed the decor and ambiance. The warm inviting colors, and richness of it all. If I had the money to spare, I would definitely return and stay here. For those who can afford it, I recommend it.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture

• ToontjeVT profile photo ToontjeVT
  • Reviews: 2

St Tropez All Suite Hotel: One of Vegas' best cheapo hotels

Fine hotel, cozy pool yard, clean rooms, no slot machines, free high speed internet in the lobby. Cons: keycards have to be re-programmed every 2 days, complimentary breakfast out of foam cups

Fine hotel, cozy pool yard, clean rooms, no slot machines, free high speed internet in the lobby, we got a complimentary extra bed. Cons: keycards have to be re-programmed every 2 days, complimentary breakfast out of foam cups and plates.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Casino and Gambling
  • Written May 2, 2007

• jrs1234 profile photo jrs1234
  • Reviews: 376

Many places in Las Vegas are...

Many places in Las Vegas are much cheaper midweek (Sun-Thurs), than at the weekends - you can save a lot of money if you can figure this into your travel plans! I fitted in my side-trip to the Grand Canyon so it coincided with the weekend and saved myself a fair amount...

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 7, 2002

• joiwatani profile photo joiwatani
  • Reviews: 1818

The Cosmopolitan Hotel: The Chandeliers are humungous!

I haven't stayed here yet. But, definitely, I am planning of booking here next time I come back to Vegas. The difference of this hotel from other hotels is the size of their chandeliers! They have the largest chandelier that you can see! I can't believe how big it is! It's probably about five stories of a chandelier!

The lounges are very intimate and very classy. There are many bars here, too.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 19, 2011

• scooter3 profile photo scooter3
  • Reviews: 97

You can't go wrong with most...

You can't go wrong with most of the hotels: they're all pretty modern and up to date...It depends what you want. The Bellagio is beautiful: the new Vegas style, very lighted and open... If you're looking for dark, old Vegas style, I enjoy Caesar's Palace...the casino is very nice and the shopping there is terrific! The Venetian, to all of you Guiness Record fans, is supposed to have the largest rooms...

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 2, 2002

• orke profile photo orke
  • Reviews: 264

in vegas u should stay at the...

in vegas u should stay at the strip - so u r close to everyhting - there r very fancy hotels for cheap prices - but - dont come on a weekend if u can - its 3 times more expensive then

• Written August 26, 2002

• 100ACRE profile photo 100ACRE
  • Reviews: 209

STAYING IN VEGAS

Stay on the Strip, not downtown.

Get a 'vacation' (air & room) package from your Sunday paper, from an online airline website, or from travel web sites.

FOR AIRFARE, my absolute favorite is http://travelocity.com (compare rates to http://southwest.com - to make sure you got the best price.)
These sites are "just okay": ww.expedia.com and www.orbitz.com

FOR HOTEL - you need to shop around, there is NOT ONE best online source for hotel rates: http://travelocity.com - the best
Also check these two: www.expedia.com and www.orbitz.com

MORE TRAVEL DISCOUNTS

BEAUTIFUL SOURCE - go to "Traveler Magazine" - www.nationalgeographic.com

Mid-week stays (Monday-Thursday) are cheaper than weekend stays.

Room rates are seasonal; there is a HUGE DROP in price during the summer (when it's the hottest, reaches about 115 degrees).

Stay 2-3 nights minimum, 4-5 nights if you plan on spending lots of time by the pool & spa, or you're going to take side trips, like to the Grand Canyon.

Purchase your theater/show ticket(s) before you arrive.

Car rental in this town is not needed.

• Written August 26, 2002