Main Street Station Hotel, Casino and Brewery

200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

• Jeff42's Profile Photo

Real Old Fashioned Vegas Charm

This was my first time staying here and I was very pleased. I received a mail offer for 2 free nights. The offer included weekends. This offer was based on play I did last Sept. 2007, only 2 hours play or so, less than 1000 points. I stopped in just to try their home brewed beer, which is very good.

I booked a room for myself for Aug. 22nd-24th and they gave me a second room for my sister at the casino rate, $53 a night. There were 5 of us total in 2 rooms.

Check-in was fast and easy. We were given adjoining rooms on the 17th floor facing Fremont Street, 1709 & 1711. Even though these were smoking rooms, you couldn't smell a whiff of tobacco odor. Not any at all! The rooms are large and come with a fridge and in-room movies. No room service though. The beds are comfy with a pillow top. The pillows are soft so you may want to bring your own. See pics. Elevator service was fast and efficient the entire trip as well.

Food: We ate at The 777 BrewPub for dinner. A 16oz prime rib or Ribeye dinner is $13.95. Nothing was more than $13.95. There is also a sampler of all their beers for $5.50. The food was excellent but the service is a bit slow and overworked. They take your drink and food order at the same time. The menu has everything you would find at a sportsbar or Applebee's type place. LCD TVs incircle the dining area so you can watch the game, boxing, or car race while you eat.

We had breakfast in the buffet, which was more like brunch. It was $6.95 per person and very good! There were tons of choices including Chinese and pizza. Drinks are brought to your table and served in large tumblers, 32oz size! We had no complaints about the food in Main St. There is also a high end steak house "The Pullman Grill, about $30 per person.

The casino was just OK for me. My sis and younger brother made out better than I but don't expect to win a huge amont, just enough to keep playing for awhile. There was no problem with cigarette smoke in the casino. It was well ventilated. Join the slot club and they will probably invite you back based on how much you play. We are just low rollers but this place caters to us.

There are lots of Hawaiians staying here I noticed. They are good casinos mates; they play big, are quiet and don't bother anybody. In fact, all the clientele were very polite and unselfish, unlike other places I've stayed at recently. People would hold doors open for you or hold the elevators for each other. It was very nice.

Unique Quality: Nice, low key and unpretentious atmosphere. Excellent restaurants and buffet. Clean, safe accomodations.

Directions: Downtown, just north of Fremont Street

• kaipow's Profile Photo

Great hotel in downtown

Main Street Station got a major face lift in the 90s (can't remember exactly when). The place looks nice now and the rooms are great. Good buffet on site and also a micro-brewery. Good place to stay if you want to avoid the strip.

• BreezyJones's Profile Photo

A really good buffet

The 'Jewel' of Downtown Las Vegas
    Nestled just a few steps North of the Fremont Street Experience, is Main Street Station Casino, Brewery & Hotel, the jewel of the recently revitalized Downtown Las Vegas.
    Possibly the best-kept secret in all of Las Vegas, Main Street Station is set in the splendor of the Victorian era and home to a fabulous collection of antiques, artifacts and collectibles. Amid the non-stop excitement of our award-winning casino, guests can visit the buffet voted Las Vegas' best, enjoy nationally recognized handcrafted beer in the Downtown area's only microbrewery, or dine in elegance at the fabulous Pullman Grille.

Visitors to Main Street Station are encouraged to enjoy self-guided tours of a delightful and astonishing array of antiques and artifacts from throughout the world.

The collection includes Buffalo Bill Cody's private rail car, a fireplace from Scotland's Preswick Castle, lamps that graced the streets of eighteenth century Brussels, beautiful statues, chandeliers, woodwork from American mansions of long ago — and more.

As one of Las Vegas' most impressive properties, we're sure you'll agree:

Main Street Station — it's a winner!

Unique Quality: The accolades during the short history of Main Street Station's Garden Court Buffet are impressive. Critics voted it Downtown's Best Buffet, and it's been rated among the top five buffets in the nation.

But, not resting on its laurels, Main Street Station's Garden Court Buffet just got better.

Nine action stations still highlight the garden-themed restaurant, offering American, Southwestern, Pacific Rim, Chinese, and Mexican foods, designer pizza and pasta, a rotisserie station and the mouth-watering dessert bar.

On Tuesday, dinner guests can enjoy cooked-to-order Choice T-bone steak in addition to the regular buffet from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Thursday is Steak and Scampi night with Filet Mignon and Sauteéd Shrimp cooked-to-order, in addition to the regular buffet.

Friday brings an extravagant array of seafood along with the many favorites that made the Garden Court Buffet one of the city's best.

On Saturday and Sunday, guests can enjoy a champagne brunch where the best is again offered along with complimentary bubbly.

More about Main Street Station Hotel, Casino and Brewery

Great place

Stayed here for 2 nights last spring and going back for same this spring. Room was basic hotel but still very nice. Not as glitzy as the Golden Nugget, but for the money it's right on par. Only have eaten in the brew pub and only had the nachos...but they are the best I ever had and the micro brews are terrific. Only draw back was no pool. I even love the freight trains running by.

The Riviera lost our reservation...

by TripAdvisor Member MegalaUK

...during Easter Week, Spring Break & Convention. We wound up at The Main Street Station and were disappointed about that, until we got there. We had a beautiful room in an elegant hotel. The staff was wonderful. The view fantastic. We loved Downtown more than The Strip. Because they didn't have avail for the whole time, we had to move--but we wanted to stay. You are five minutes from The Strip. If we went back to Vegas we would stay at Main Street Station.

Continued Value at Main Street Station

by TripAdvisor Member Pauldixon

Main Street Station is one of our core casino/hotels for the following reasons;
1. Regular mailings for free rooms after our first visit
2. Great assortment of restaurants including their own brewery (777 Brewpub). The upscale Pullman Grille has a railroad car inside the restaurant itself. The breakfast buffet is worth it simply to get an omelet made by the very entertaining cook
3. Terrific downtown location with a bridge to sister property, The California and close to The Fremont Street Experience
4. Good video poker assortment
5. A smaller but very comfortable casino with numerous antiques here and there
6. Clean and decent rooms with a friendly staff
Note that the rooms do face either the Interstate or train tracks so if you are a light sleeper, you may be bothered by the noise. They do not have a pool.
Also- if you are looking for a super-luxurious megaresort, this won't be your cup of tea but for a very good value in a smaller property, the Main Street Station is a terrific choice.

Unexpected Surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member knagl

What a find. I didn't stay here, but I wound up visiting three times over my five-day trip because I loved this place so much.

First of all, the best parking situation I've found downtown. Pay $2 to get in the lot, bring the ticket to the main cage and get your $2 back, and you're good for up to 24 hours. Much better than the other downtown casinos. Plus, walking distance to the Freemont Street Experience and all the other downtown casinos, and in a not-too-creepy part of downtown, too.

We walked in, and we were really impressed. Almost "elegant", the casino floor was cozy, but not cluttered. Lots of interesting historical stuff -- there's a pamphlet at the slot club desk that lists some of the more significant items in the hotel and casino. ...and the video poker! Don't forget the video poker! A great variety of games, including some liberal progressive machines and more. They have a bonus for four-of-a-kinds, too. Every time you get a four-of-a-kind with the maximum coins bet you get a scratch-off card worth anywhere from $2 to $5000 (most being the $2, $3, or $5 variety). A neat little bonus on top of a good hand!

We decided to drive back here to try the buffet for dinner. Used the Las Vegas Advisor POV 2-for-1 coupon, and two of us ate for under $12. A great variety of high-quality food was found inside, and a really nice looking seating area. Very happy with the Main Street Station -- it helped me love downtown (which, up until now, was not the case). It's a block and change off of Freemont, but well worth the walk.

Great little hotel

My wife and I stayed at the Main Street Station Mother's Day weekend and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Our room was not fancy , but it was nice, comfortable and clean. The casino, while not on par with the mega casinos on the strip, had eveything we needed. My wife loves to gamble and she enjoyed the gaming at this casino. The hotel does not have a pool so if that's a concern you might want another spot, although guests can use the pool at the California Hotel across the street. This hotel also features the Triple 7 Restaurant and Brewery which produces it's own microbrews on the premises. We ate there both nights we were there. The food and beer were really good and very reasonably priced-It even had a sushi bar! If you're going to Las Vegas and you don't absolutely need to stay on the Strip, this hotel is a great choice I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Main Street Station - Day 3 and 4 of Trip

by TripAdvisor Member videokenomom

Day 3 and 4 of our 8 day/7 night trip, found us going back to our usual place of stay - Main Street Station. Except for the past 2 visits to Vegas, our trips have always consisted of staying downtown as one of our group would use the Hawaii meal package which used to be a better deal for all of us. However over the past 2 years, the changes in the meal plan along with the realization that we wanted to branch out and not always rush back for a meal, has led us to try other places in Vegas.

Again, checking in was quick and easy....5 minutes after we arrived we were throwing the suitcases in our 5th floor room. Main Street offers typical room with 2 queen beds, two chairs, a table. We overlooked the railroad tracks (read: we'll hear the trains at night) and could see the signs from the downtown Freemont area.

I am always so impressed by the beautiful woodwork in Main Street - particularly the check-in area with the original key display from trains and the private cars.

For those that want to swim, there is an extremely small rooftop pool over at The California that offers privileges for Main Street Guests. We usually move between our hotel and Freemont Street by using the enclosed walkway between Main Street and California, scooting into Las Vegas Club and then coming out onto the Freemont Street. This allows us to stop in at the little store upstairs to stock up on bags of nuts and apricots (apricots are hard to locate for our Hawaii companion).

Again, we found the video keno machines extremely tight and were momentarily worried when our keno machines had disappeared from the front of the Main STreet buffet area. Fortunately we located their new location, but the tightness sent us out to other casinos.

I must admit that for the first time, I was totally disappointed with the buffet at Main Street. We went on steak night and the steaks were those frozen patty versions that are sort of thin and lack any flavor. Vegetables sat around all soggy and it really started reminding me of the Golden Coral buffets which have been going downhill lately. I'm not a complainer and I prefer cheap over substance usually, so if I am complaining then you know it wasn't good!

However, for the first time, we ventured into the Microbrewery and enjoyed a wonderful late night meal. The cheesy garlic bread was delicious and if we had known how much they serve, we would have stopped with just that!

Side trips on this leg of our stay were to a couple of great antique stores, visits to Terrible's casino (see other review) and a drive to Red Rock Canyon for a 2 mile hike.

Comments