7230 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89119, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• StanleyHow's Profile Photo

Staying there now

I am currently staying at Manor Suites as I type this. Wanted to give one of those "on location" reviews. My family and I are staying here for New Years. We've always wanted to stay on the strip and experience all the excitment. So far so good. The service has been great. The rooms aren't bad, they aren't amazing, but we're happy. The pool is nice, it's heated which is perfect for late night swims in the winter. If anything changes I will keep you all updated.

Unique Quality: Heated Pool
    Easy access to strip
    Great location

More about Las Vegas

Light/Music Fremont ExperienceLight/Music Fremont Experience

TI - Lunch and a spankingTI - Lunch and a spanking

Reset and ready to go againReset and ready to go again

Evil KnievelEvil Knievel

Grand Canyon tours

by sylv2

Am getting a little confused with the Grand Canyon tour options. I am sure they all do a great job. They seem to go to different parts of the canyon which i am sure all give a great experience. Does it really matter which 'rim' you visit? We like the idea of a helicopter or fixed wing ride to the canyon, a descent into the canyon and a small boat ride on the river would, I imagine give quite a different perspective. A light lunch and some time to look around would be good.
Have looked at a few companies and papillon seems to be liked by posters. I don't know if i am a big fan of music on the tour. I would love hear of other peoples experience. Also is it necessary to book and pay before in advance? Thanks

by glabah

Raft trips on the river through the canyon have a very long waiting list - up into the years long.

"A descent into the canyon ..... A light lunch and some time to look around would be good" - It takes basically a day to walk down into the canyon, and another day to walk back up. The elevation is a killer, and many who are very fit have gotten into serious troubles due to the light atmosphere.

It sounds to me as though you should plan several days if you want to do all that you want, rather than just a lunch stopover.

The south rim of the canyon is the most visited and most crowded. It is also open all year. The north rim is less popular, at a higher elevation, and closed in winter.

by al2401

Hi, I liked the North rim because there were very few tourists and the accomodation was more fitting with the area ie cabins. There are probably more tourist options available on the south rim.

I really enjoyed a helicopter flight to the canyon from Las Vegas (if you are going there) which included a champagne breakfast and time to explore on the bottom of the canyon. (www.heliusa.com)

by sylv2

Thanks.
Yes we are staying in Las Vegas and are only planning a day trip. Some helicopters descend into the canyon and then offer a short boat ride on the river. Do you think it is necessary to book before we go?

by joiwatani

I have seen both of the rims and in my own experience I like the the rim closer to Nevada than that closer to Utah! I was in Grand Canyon in 1990 and I was in the North Rim to watch the sunrise. It was an experience of a lifetime for me! The Grand Canyon lit up like there was fire all over the horizon and it was beautiful and exhilirating...

Last year, I was on the South Rim. It is also beautiful. But, not equally as beautiful as the North Rim.

I heard about the helicopter ride. I have not experienced that because it was kind of expensive for us as a family. But, I am sure, when you take the helicopter ride that you will enjoy both the north and the south rims!

by al2401

The helicopter is not cheap but also is very popular. I suggest you contact a company and ask them about availability and then make up your mind.

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Cash Advance from ATMs

by PARADIZE

Be aware that cash advance are very costly on the strip... At the Tropicana, I went to the ATM to get 400US$ from my Visa card, I got a receipt and I had to wait in line again at the cashier... I had to give my fingerprint!! I paid 14US$ on service fee! The ATM at my hotel (The Renaissance) only charge me 2US$ no matter how much I got.

More than gambling.

by alimamo

Get away from the Casinos for a while and visit Lake Mead, Mt. Charleston (12,000 ft), Red Rock Natural Conservation area, or just wander in the surrounding desert. Who knows, you may stumble across billionaire looking for a ride.

I WOULD TOUR THE MAJOR CASINOS...

by geneabrown

I WOULD TOUR THE MAJOR CASINOS ON THE STRIP TO INCLUDE PARIS,BELLAGIO,FLAMINGO HILTON,MGM,MANDALYN BAY,NEW YORK NEW YORK, BUT OF MY FAVORIT CASINO TO VISIT IS BELLAGIO. VEGAS HAS AN APPEAR THAT NO OTHER VACATION SPOT HAS.IT WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE FOR ME IN THAT I ALWAY AVOIDED GOING THERE BECAUSE OF PRECEIVED IDEAS. WHEREAS, ORLANDO IS A FAMILY ORIENTED TOWN,BASICALLY FOR THE KIDS IN THE FAMILY,VEGAS HAS ENTERTAINMENT FOR EVERYBODY. MANY HOTELS HAVE THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT PARKS FOR KIDS WHILE PARENTS CAN PLAY THE SLOTS. VEGAS IS A FUN CITY.

Las Vegas Tip

by j_soul

If you are in California, the coolest way to go to Vegas is to drive through the Mojave Desert. There is not much too see except for all the Joshua trees, Peggy Sue's 50's diner and the Bun Boy restauant, which is in Baker, California-home of the world's tallest thermometer. You will also pass through Primm, which has casinos and shopping also.

Spas

by goingsolo

For those of you who haven't spent enough money, most of the hotels have their own spa facilities and offer a number of treatments and packages. The Bellagio spa is currently under renovation, but is operating on the 4th floor of the hotel. Its a great experience and a good way to take care of your sun dried skin. Plus, what would a trip to Vegas be without going over the top and indulging? It wasn't my afternoon at the spa but that comes in at a close second.

Comments