Marriott's Grand Chateau Las Vegas

75 E Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Booking.com Tingo.com AMOMA.com

• Marriott comfort

Marriott Grand Chateau: Although I have a timeshare and swapped my week for this suite stay, the room was great. If I had to pay $200 a night it would be worth it. It is one block from the strip and about in the middle, directly behind the Harley Davidson restaurant, and next to the Mile Mall so shopping, food, and the Hollywood Planet casino is just a walk across the street. The hotel has a great concierge service with discount tickets to shows and tours. This is a timeshare facility so you will be offered a tour but not hounded, just one simple request to take the 90 min tour with free gifts to shows, etc. My particular room had a Tuscany flair which was beautiful, even down to the faucets, lighting, ceramic tile, a free newspaper on my doorstep every morning, and a separate sink outside the bathroom to cut down on the ‘getting ready time’, two very large plasma tv’s and a dvd/stereo system. Oh and the bed is like sleeping on a cloud – I had to peel myself out every morning.

There is NO casino is this hotel - therefore there is no large crowds in the lobby or excessive noise to deal with.

The hotel also offers a great shuttle service for those people who get a kitchen; sun/mon/tues they have a morning shuttle to the local grocery store so you don’t have to pay full price at a convenience store for necessities. They also have a shuttle for these three days from noon to 6 to the Fashion Show mall.

Something else I found out by accident, there is a double decker bus that runs the whole length of the strip to ‘old’ vegas with an all day pass of getting on and off where you like for only $5 – great deal when you see how much the taxi service costs!

Drawbacks to the hotel (1) no restaurant in the premises (2) when you read posting from guests that the pool is small its an understatement. I didn’t hang by the pool so I didn’t care but I did go on the roof to check out the view and found the pool to be slightly larger than a Jacuzzi. So if you have children or want to work out in the pool, you wont be able to do it here. (3) The room door is very heavy so you can hear the closest rooms coming and going.

Checking in and out was a breeze. Would definately stay at this facility again.

Unique Quality: Location is great, room was fabulous (see describe your stay)

Directions: East Harmon Av., one block off the strip, behind the Harley Davidson restaurant.

More about Marriott's Grand Chateau Las Vegas

Great Hotel & Time Share Property

by TripAdvisor Member Maple_leaves

The Marriott Grand Chateau was simply great. I had an one bedroom condo for the whole week, which was very modern and clean, I'll have to say, this was the best time share condo that I have every stayed in. The service was exceptional. I didn't hear the construction at all. I loved the Plasma TV, now I think I will buy one for my home. The cookies and lemonaid was a suprising treat as well as the greeting breakfast. We took the Anne Benanne tour through the Mohave Desert which I found out about at the greeting breakfast. I would recommend the tour to anyone who wants to get a flavor of the country side. The tour guide was full of information, polite and courteous and he picked me up at the hotel.
In closing, I would love to stay the the Marriott Grand Chateau again.

LOVED IT!!

by TripAdvisor Member LisaM40

We are new owners of a timeshare with Grand Chateau and used it for the first time in February. We own a 1 bedroom villa and we loved it. The three of us stayed on the 34th floor, room 309 to be exact. The view was spectacular and we had all the necessities we needed. The only complaint I have is when you do laundry, you have to leave the door open or your clothes won't dry. There is no ventilation in the closet. Before we left I read so many reviews complaining about the construction but it really didn't bother us at all. The staff was great! I am truly happy we purchased with Marriot.

No Frills - Not so Grand!

by TripAdvisor Member fendifendi

Las Vegas is a city that never sleeps - nor will you at this hotel on weekdays for the next few years. Be warned - the construction on their second tower and also in the surrounding lots starts at 4:30 AM and can be heard from every room. The hotel does put an apology note in each room - but by the time that the guests find out about the problem - it's too late to relocate without financial penalties. The hotel/time share has none of the excitement that is typical of Las Vegas - no restaurants, no gambling, no entertainment. It's set back off the strip in the middle of alot of construction. The staff pointed out that in a few years they will be considered to have a fine location when the construciton in the immediate area is finished. They do have a shuttle that goes back and forth to the Fashion Mall a few times during the day. Their rooftop swimming pool and hot tub were too small - the only plus is that they stay open later than the hotels. The Grand Chateau is not a hotel - it's a Time Share and part of the Marriott Vacation Club. Be prepared to be approached by their sales staff to sit through a two hour presentation with the promise of some gifts- the gifts are some discounts at minor shows or meals. They are not the only ones who actively hunt for prospective buyers...Marriott is not as agressive as other companies in LV - like Fairfield Resorts - whose representatives will actually jump in front of you as you walk along the strip. Other negatives were that our questions and requests to housekeeping, maintenance and the concierge were not taken care of. Some younger staff members that we encountered seemed disinterested in their roles and were not helpful. Our room had a shower that leaked and caused floods on the bathroom floor. This was reported to the front desk four times and nothing was done. We could also hear guests in the next room filling up their bathtub at midnight - the sound of it draining out was very distrubing as well. The only postive is that their set up with the kitchen, dining room and washer/dryer ,sleep sofa will be appreciated by families in contrast with the typical hotel room. They only provide a Tidy Up Maid service - they give clean towels daily - but do not change the sheets or wash bathrooms or floors,etc. There may be an additional charge for full maid service for Time Share owners who want it. Maid service may be available for Non Time Share guests. Right now the furniture and bedding are only a year old and everything looks fresh and attractive. Helpful Hint about booking your stay anywhere in LV : Prices at the hotels fluctuate daily - to get the best rates - book online and check out the Hot Deals. If you find a lower rate for your room before you arrive the hotels will reduce the rates. Most hotels will give their guests discount coupons for buffets and shows upon check in ...ask at the front desk what is available.

Great Choice For Family Vacation in Las Vegas

by TripAdvisor Member msquare

If you are looking for a great hotel to bring your family to in Vegas, the Grand Chateau is the place!

-This is a Marriott Vacation Club property in the heart of Vegas. It's a 2 minute walk to the strip, and right beside the Planet Hollywood, formerly the Alladin.
-Perfect hotel for families with small children. It doesn't have a casino attached to it, so you could avoid the typical smoky Vegas hotel atmosphere. Yet, it's a close enough walk for adults to have some gambling and night time fun.
-Large rooms that are very clean. We got a studio suite which included a king bed, pull-out sofa, large bathroom and small kitchenette.
-Great rooftop pool.
-The only downside is that there is no on-site restraurant, but since it's right in the middle of the strip, you are not far away from some great dining. The hotel will give you menus of local restaurants that deliver as well if you'd like to have a meal in your room.

Overall, an A+++!

GREAT PLACE THE MARRIOTT CHATEAU

by TripAdvisor Member Pattie

We are owners of this time share and this was our first visit since the first tower was built. The rooms are beautiful with lots of space. Master bathroom is large with dual showerheads. We had a shower door that was leaking. No problem Maintance was up to our room in no time.
Only drawback was we were on the side of the Marriott that they are building on..up at 5am with construction noise. But was able to go back to sleep. The pool is small but they are going to have another one. Who uses the pool when you have so much to see and do anyway. Pool bar very nice and the view of the strip from the roof was beautiful.
The staff is very friendly.. Just a note. If you need to use the store in the marriott cross over to Polo Towers. There store is a little less expensive.
There were 5 of us we own a 2 bedroom unit. Everyone was very happy with the room's and staff. It was very nice to call the Valet and have the car waiting when you needed it. Those young men and woman were always very friendly.
If your an Eagles fan you have to check out Blondies at the desert passage at the aladen.

Nice room, not ready for prime time.

by TripAdvisor Member TwinComanche

We stayed from a Friday until Wednesday. The good first: the one bedroom that we had was nicely appointed and comfortable. The bed and pillows were perfectly nice. The kitchen was well equipped. The bathroom had a double head shower which was nice. The management staff and personnel were friendly and accomodating, as were the folks in the kids playroom off the lobby. Even better, for Las Vegas, is that there is no casino and no smoking, making the lobby actually pleasant. There weren't even the usual lines for taxis and the hotel is situated across the street from the many restaurants at the Aladdin's mall. The 24° marketplace in the lobby is useful though expensive.

Now the downside: the construction begins at 4:30am. Yes, that's 4:30 in the morning, with banging and usual construction noise. There's no sleeping after 4:30, so there's no staying up much past 8pm if you want a reasonable night's sleep. The fire alarm blasted with a false alarm once at 10:30pm, waking our 2 year old, and generally making a mess of one of our nights. The building itself seems to have been built without any insulation between floors or along the plumbing lines. So when anyone above or beside us took a shower, flushed the toilet, or ran the bathtub, we not only knew about it but had to raise our voices to hold a discussion. While shampoo is provided, there's no conditioner. At $349/night, we expect conditioner, especially when you're in Vegas (and really need conditioner for the dry air). Towels are good, but not up to what one would expect for the price paid.

Bottom line: it's nice for the family to have a refrigerator and full kitchen, not to mention some extra space for the kids, but this isn't quite ready for prime time yet - and I'd hope they spend a few more dollars on the other towers to adequately insulate between rooms.

Will be great

by TripAdvisor Member MadCityGoose

This eventually will be a great property when it is completed. Awesome location between the Aladdin and the MGM. Big, spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, comfortable beds and close to all the action. The only downside was the construction noise (which was minimal) and the service. We had to ask several times for towels and someone to come by to pick up dirty linens. Remember, this is ultimately a timeshare property. Look forward to visiting again in the future. Overall, extremely satisfied.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member TheLuluB

My husband and I stayed here the week before Christmas and every bit of our stay was perfect. Every employee we encountered was wonderful. Although the resort is under construction and they start by 5 AM, this didn't disrupt our stay at all, even though we had a room close to the construction. The only disappointment was that there is very little windblocking on the roof and that is where the only spa is...so, it being Vegas in Dec, we couldn't go in the spa, even though it was open and hot. As usual, we avoided the high pressure sales pitch that is at most of these ownership properties, I would recommend that others do the same. Great location though, being right next to the Alladin puts it within walking distance of almost anything in Vegas, and they run a shuttle to Fashion Show mall almost every hour. I will stay there again next time I go to Vegas.

Vegas baby