3400 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Disappointing stay

The grounds of the Mirage are beautiful. A lot of plants and waterfalls. At night they have an amazing volcano/fire show out on the strip. The check staff were the least friendly of any of the hotels I stayed on on this trip.

Getting to the room through the casino was easier than most. But the room them gave me took about 10 minutes to walk to. As far away as I could have been.

At first impression the room is very nice. I had a corner room so two of the three wall were all glass. While the sleeping area was quite large the bathroom was too small. A poor design, or maybe just an old building. On closer inspection, the furniture in the room is really run down. A large chair had a rip in the fabric and the dresser was banged up a lot. Looked like furniture from a garage sale.

Things went downhill from here. At around 5pm, I tried plugging in all my electronic devices in various outlets, including a USB port on the desk. Every outlet would only allow about 1 minute of charging and then would stop! I call the front desk to complain and they scheduled a maintenance worker to check it out.

At the same time, there seemed to be a party in the room next to mine and across the hall. At 5pm they were already loud. I went to the front desk to complain about the outlets and party. They took the information and I got a bite to eat. I returned to my room 30 minutes later and security was at my neighbors warning them of the noise. These were young kids and I knew this wouldn't last.

Back to the outlets. I get to my room and the maintenance man is leaving telling me it is fixed but he offers to show me. Sure enough, I plugged my devices in and right in front of him they stop charging. He was stumped. I went back to complain to the front desk.

Now the most obvious solution would be to move my room. Between no outlets that work and loud neighbors, would only make sense. They couldn't possibly have EVERY room filled but they wouldn't move me.

Turn in for the night, no outlet to charge. 3am, sure enough, my neighbors return to party. I call security but the damage is done.

$200 for the night, three hours sleep and no devices charged.....PRICELESS! (Insert sarcasm here)

• Worst Experience in Las Vegas

We go to Las Vegas once a year and have stayed at nearly every hotel on the strip. When we arrived at the Mirage there were only 3 people at the check in counters and over 40 customers trying to check in. 45 mins later we were on our way to our room. We had a reserved table at 1Oak and when we got there the wait staff was less than accommodating. My friend had only 2 cocktails and was shoved by a drunk guy & she was kicked out for "being too drunk." Gabled in the casino the next day for a total of 4 hours and never once saw a waitress or was asked if we needed a drink. Finally, I made my way to the Japanoisa bar where the bar tender slammed my beer down causing it to foam over & all over the bar. He never apologized, just said "oops" and walked away leaving me with a half empty foamy beer. If you could find an employee to ask for directions or help they seemed irritated and gave snotty answers. The hotel room was a good size but the bathroom wasn't even large enough for 2 people to stand in it. Every other hotel we visited that weekend had a pleasant staff. I will NEVER stay or visit the Mirage ever again!!!!!

Unique Quality: Rude staff

Directions: Las Vegas, NV

• Kattyrenee's Profile Photo

Right in the middle of the strip

The Mirage is absolutely heaven. It;s where we stay each time we visit Vegas. Service is awesome. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The facilities are clean, well kept, rooms are comfy, beds are very comfy, everything you need is right there in the Mirage. Highly recommend. We've stayed at:
    Bellagio nice
    Venetian pricey, nice
    Imperial palace CHEAP! on the strip actually very comfy
    Treasure Island too many kids, nice other than that
    Mandalay Bay too far from the "action", very nice, beds uncomfortable (way too hard)
    Caesar's Palace very comfy, love this hotel fantastic pool

Unique Quality: Great pool. Great Casino. Restaurants within Mirage are all very good. Watch for unbelievable specials!! We've paid as low as $55.00 per night. Lots of comps. Make sure to use your club card when you gamble. Points add up to GREAT gifts, even room comps.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

A great stay

By far, one of the best offers I ever received was for the Mirage this year. We were given a room at $100 a night, plus $50 in resort credits a day per room. Since we enjoy several of the onsite restaurants, this was a steal. I arrived late, so I didn't deal with the check-in process, but I can tell you security doesn't let you get to the elevators without a key! The hotel is starting to become one of the older kids on the block, but you wouldn't know it from the modern, clean rooms. The beds were very comfortable, and housekeeping does a great job as well. We did check out the pool one day, and either it's heated and the heater is broken, or they generally rely on the sun to heat things up and it was October. Either way, we froze a little bit and didn't stick around. That probably was the only quarrel with the property. We tried out the buffet, coffee stand, yogurt shop, and Burger restaurant, and they were all really good. The casino is enormous, but table limits still are a little higher than I like. Plenty of video machines to choose from. And there is a tram to TI next door, which may or may not be worth taking depending on if you have to wait for it! The location is superb, with many big time casinos nearby. All in all, this was a great stay - I highly recommend the property.

• shayghc's Profile Photo

On the Strip

The Mirage Hotel is perfectly placed towards the top end of the Vegas strip for anybody visiting. I had a chance to wander around all the main hotels on the strip to take a few photos and each of them, in common with the Mirage, are self-sufficient venues. Clearly so, why would they want you to go into someone else's casinos? The city as a whole gives the impression of a Disneyland for adults. Walking down the strip can be a chore as the streets are lined by persistent latinos trying to hand out cards for strip clubs and prostitution services and they don't seem to be able to get the message if you are not interested! There is a booming trade here for marriages but gambling is the raison d'etre for the city. There is no need to leave your hotel if you come here but get out and about and take a look around, the design of all of the hotels is worth seeing. If you manage to do well at the tables then there is are plenty of venues in which to shop with your luckily won cash...spend it before the casinos win it back! There are numerous shows here by Cirque de Soleil, I went to see 'Ká' at the MGM Grand, impressive stuff. Having said that I have spent four days in Vegas; seen it, done that. Time to expand my world now then, next stop Colombia.

Unique Quality: There are several bars and restaurants on site and also entertainment. The pool areas, in keeping with the rest of the hotel are immaculately kept. The distinctive attraction here is the Volcano in front of the hotel reception which during the evening displays every hour on the hour.

Directions: At the top end of the Vegas Strip

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Elegance abounds

This hotel is a favorite of a friend of mine, she always stays here. She does nothing but rave about this place.

Number of rooms: 3,044.
    Casino: Yes. Casino games include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, Pai Gow Poker, Let It Ride, Caribbean Stud Poker, Poker, Keno, 2,245 slot machines including Megabucks and Super Megabucks. The casino has a poker room.
    Race & sports book: Yes, a 269-seat race and sports book, equipped with 29 televisions and 10 big screens.
    Restaurants: The Mirage has the following dining options: BLT Burger, STACK, Fin, Kokomo's, Samba Brazilian Steakhouse, Onda, Caribe Café, Cravings, California Pizza Kitchen, Coconuts Ice Cream Shop, Japonais, Roasted Bean, Roasted Bean Express, Paradise Café, Carnegie Deli, Starbucks and a variety of bars and lounges.
    Entertainment: Entertainment includes: touring headliners and LOVE, a Cirque du Soleil production.
    Nightlife: JET nightclub and the Revolution Lounge.
    Attractions: Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat and Mirage volcano.
    Pool: Yes, a pool and jacuzzi. During the summer months, the hotel features the pool club, Bare.
    Health Club: Yes, offering stationary bicycles, treadmills and stair climbers, a full line of CYBEX weight-training machines, free weights, a comfortable lounge and a full-service juice bar.
    Spa: Yes. The Spa offers a variety of massages, body treatments and facials. The Kim Vo Salon provides specialty hair treatments for both men and women.
    Shops: Blue, D. Fine, Impulse, OPTICA, Actique, DKNY, The Men's Shop, The Golf Shop, The Mirage Shop, Watch Boutique, Art of Music, Cirque/LOVE Boutique, Terry Fator Store and The Mirage Collection.
    Convention rooms: Yes, more than 170,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space will accommodate groups of five to 5,000.
    Parking garage: Yes, an eight-story parking garage.
    Standard room amenities: Air conditioning, alarm clock, remote-controlled cable TV, hair dryer, desk, electronic door locks, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, on command/pay-per-view movie, radio, telephone, minibar.
    Hotel amenities: Concierge, currency exchange, laundry, luggage and maid service, safety deposit boxes, wake-up calls.

Directions: On the strip

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Now a Classic and Still Impressive

The Mirage is quite the show piece in Vegas. Go to the hotel lobby and be mesmorized by the giant seawater aquarium. The atrium has beautiful plants. My daughter and her friends seemed to enjoy this hotel/casino the most because the Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat and the food from the Carnegie Delicatessen. The tram from Treasure Island, where we stayed at, made it quite easy to go the Mirage. This is a place not to be missed!

• Most Feel Good Resort in Vegas

The best thing about the Mirage Casino in Las Vegas would be the atmosphere without a doubt. The pool is large with a great feel music throughout the grounds. We would eat breakfast by the pool each morning and then head to our sun lounges. I visited a lot of the other pool areas for example New York New York and The Venetian and their pool areas were shaded in the afternoon and I found had little atmosphere.

I enjoyed the variety of the restaurants and the fact I didnt have to eat buffet style every meal. The location of Mirage is hands down perfect if you are into the shows of Vegas. Right next door to Caesars you are right in the thick of it

Unique Quality: Outstanding qualities we found at the Mirage were the pool area. We are pool folk and enjoyed eating our breakfast by the pool each morning and then heading over for a swim.
    The service by the pool was good we never had to wait long for a waitress to bring over our favourite cocktail!

Directions: Next door to Caesars Palace right on the Strip

• monica71's Profile Photo

Luxury at affordable prices

We stayed at the Mirage in July 2008, during the long weekend. Our stay was just amazing! We wanted to stay at a place with a nice pool and in the middle of the Strip. Mirage was perfect for that! The hotel is old, but it went through an extensive renovation (the Volcano in front of the hotel is still under renovation) that shows all over the place! The rooms are very clean (our room was a little bit smaller than the one at Bally's) and the beds are very comfortable. We stayed in the South Tower, room 11012. We had a nice view of the pool and a little bit of Strip view. The bathroom was on the small side, but very clean and more than enough for us. Everything is very tastefully decorated (room, bathroom, lobby, restaurants). The hotel staff is very friendly and I felt pampered during our stay here.
    We spent a lot of time at the pool (amazing pool!) and we went to see "Love" one evening. It was very convenient since July in Vegas is hot. We did not have to go too far to see the show and this was perfect for me!
    There are plenty of restaurants in the hotel and we enjoyed a lot the Paradise Restaurant, just by the pool. They have great food and the location is perfect. You can get a quick bite and go back to the pool in no time at all!

Unique Quality: the pool!!!

• doug48's Profile Photo

better

the mirage hotel & casino is one of steve wynn's first luxury hotels on the las vegas strip. the mirage has a tropical motif and is still one of the better resort hotels on the strip. all the amenities of a first class resort. moderately priced.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

• wonderful volcano erruption

nice tropical pool and secret garden with tigers and lions. one of the best outdoor show.

Unique Quality: onsite garden with tiger and lion all in white and kids`favored dolphins.
    one of the three best outdoor shows comes out every evening.

Directions: left to Treasure Island Hotel, right to Caesars.

• astarte00's Profile Photo

Rooms & staff lack the punch of street level

It's obvious that Steve Wynn would prefer you stay out of your room. The best part of the room was the view of the strip. Touted as a "volcano" view room, the volcano is seen far better from the street.

I nearly errupted when I paid 14.00 for a small pot of coffee in the morning.

I much preferred looking over the tigers and the lush garden lobby.

The Staff was less than cordial....

Unique Quality: The Lobby, location smack in the middle of the strip, and of course the tigers

Directions: Strip

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Volcano in the desert

We stayed at the Mirage the first year that it opened, and we stayed there last year. Aside from a little wear and tear around the edges, The Mirage is still one of our favorite hotels on the strip.

We have always found the staff to be friendly and the service to be excellent. The rooms are comfortable, no matter which you choose. We have stayed in the regular rooms and in their suites and were always happy with the accomodations.

Unique Quality: The Mirage pool is still one of my favorites. Spacious and sprawling with plenty of room to get comfortable and enjoy the sun and the sights!

• MyTulsaSelf's Profile Photo

A Mirage? Seriously?

The Mirage Hotel and Casino is a good place to stay in Las Vegas. The staff are mostly accomidating and willing to help you, although the staff at the main desk can be short with you if you ask them questions. The hotel has multiple dining oppertunities in the hotel and there are also various attractions such as the White Tiger exhibit and the atrium. Overall the Mirage is more laid back place to stay than Bellagio but still keeps a level of class above some of the other strip hotels.

Directions: Between Caesar's and Treasure Island across the street from Harrah's

• Fun4you's Profile Photo

Mirage Resort & Casino

The Mirage is truly a tropical oasis in the middle of the Las Vegas strip! This lovely hotel greets you with a beautiful walk through a tropical rainforrest just past the entrance. There is a gigantic wall acquarium with beautiful tropical fish behind the check in counter. There soothing tropical theme continues throughout the hotel making you think you are in the south seas. Volvano errupts outfront in the evenings - you can feel the heat if you are close by!

Pool is spectacular with beautiful waterfalls. Gorgeous white tigers on dislay courtsey of Sigfried and Roy. Out back near the pool is The Secret Gardens visitors can experience for a small fee to see other wild animals and dolphins. There are innumerable fantastic restaurants and much night life including but not limited to the casino. Once the home of Sigfriend and Roys show now boasts "Entertainer of the Year" Danny Gans among its list of shows and performers. Rooms some of the nicer on the strip, but who spends that much time in their room in Vegas anyway?!?!?

Unique Quality: White tigers - beautiful and unique

Dophin show

Directions: On the Las Vegas strip between Caesars Palace and Treasure Island. Across the street from The Venetian.

More about Mirage Resort & Casino

La MIrage, Las VegasLa MIrage, Las Vegas

Mirage HotelMirage Hotel

Mirage Hotel lobbyMirage Hotel lobby

Mirage Hotel and CasinoMirage Hotel and Casino

Mirage hotel

by natalie66

I presume there is a gym at the Mirage. There is no mention on there web site. If anyone can tell me if there is it would be great. Thanks

RE: Mirage hotel

by UKDaisy

Have you tried emailing the hotel?

RE: RE: Mirage hotel

by YVRDave

There is mention on their website.

Comments