Monte Carlo Resort And Casino

Expedia.com Booking.com MonteCarlo.com

1959

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Creepy!

1st thing, (very creepy) when we opened the door to our first room (always a good sign when you have to change rooms) we surprisingly were greeted by a bellhop coming out of our room. He said he was just getting it ready for us. In reality he had no idea we were coming. What was he doing in our room? I would like to know that too. Napping, or something worse, is suspect.

That room was the worst room I have ever seen, and I've seen my share: torn wallpaper, giant black smudge on wall, no refrigerator or microwave (standard at most hotels), no chairs or table. Just a bed and bath. The pictures they show you online are there "upgraded rooms," which are not much better.

So, I was not going to stay in this creepy room with the CSI spot on the wall. So back to the mile-long front desk we went to negotiate a new room. Of course they did not have another room for us. Like in this huge hotel they did not have even one room available. So we ask to talk to the manager. After declaring that we were not staying in that room he "found" another room. It was the last room down an endless hallway. We got quite the workout; sometimes we just stayed in the room because it was too far of a walk to leave.

This room was not much better, except that it did have some chairs. They were willing to roll in a frig. More like a low end motel than a big resort. And at check out we were hit with the hidden resort fees. You know the fees that they say pay for things like the pool and free parking. The kind of things that are free at other hotels (not in Vegas).

I booked the room online for our anniversary, so we were locked into the room or we would have stayed somewhere else.

Unique Quality: Close free self parking.

Directions: Strip

• Toxic air freshener stinks

Stayed at the Monte Carlo Hotel for 3 days. Room was average quality. The smoke in the casino was bad but the stink from the air freshener system was disgusting. They must have it cranked up too high because it made my eyes burn and made by wife sick. Ruined our trip. I have now heard that most of the hotels on the strip have those toxic air freshener systems, and I have read similar complaints on other travel sites. The city should put a stop to those nasty air fresheners if they want more tourists.

Unique Quality: None.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Elegance~

Like I said, been coming here for years and I my experience does not just come from me, but my friends who stay at places along the strip. They were pretty much happy with this place. Very nice is want something highend. Oh, that shows here are fun!

Number of Rooms: 2,992 rooms and 256 suites.
    Casino: Yes, 90,000 square feet. Casino games include Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, and Baccarat, 2,200 slot and video poker machines, including Megabucks and Super Megabucks. The casino has a poker room.
    Race & Sports Book: Yes, more details.
    Restaurants: The Monte Carlo has the following dining options: Andre's, Buffet, BRAND Steakhouse, d.vino, Diablo's Cantina, Dragon Noodle Co., Café, Monte Carlo Food Court and The Pub.
    Entertainment: Entertainment includes Jabbawockeez and visiting headliners in the custom-designed 1,200-seat theatre.
    Nightlife: No nightclub, but both Brand and Diablo's restaurants have lounges. Diablo's features live music on select dates and Brand has a DJ in their lounge on the weekends.
    Attractions: No.
    Pool: Yes, there is one heated pool, the Easy River ride (lazy river), wave pool and a Jacuzzi.
    Health Club or Fitness Equipment: Yes, a 3,000-square-foot exercise room, an official Reebok facility.
    Spa: Yes, the 13,037-square-foot Spa at the Monte Carlo with nine treatment rooms offering multiple types of massages and services. The spa also has a 2,784-square-foot gym and a full-service salon.
    Shops: Yes, The Street of Dreams shopping and dining area. The Monte Carlo also has the Luxury for Less, Monte Carlo Boutique, Nouveau News and Club Casino Royal, which are all located throughout the property.
    Wedding Services: Yes, the Wedding Chapel at Monte Carlo offers a number of wedding ceremony packages.
    In-Room Internet Access: Each room has high speed internet access.
    Hotel Amenities: Laundry, luggage and maid service, currency exchange, wake-up calls, safety deposit box.
    Parking Garage: Yes, there is a parking garage.
    Standard Room Amenities: Air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, remote-controlled cable TV, hair dryer, desk, electronic door locks, iron and ironing board, pay-per-view movies, telephone, voice mail.
    Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.

• Hermanater's Profile Photo

Alright but there are better.

We got an amazing deal because I booked the room about 8 months in advance. I originally booked the Diamond suite which can only be done by phone. Later on we decided to down grade due to other costs (My daughter's wedding at Ceasers). We ended up paying $45 a night for Mon - Wed and $40 for Thur & Fri and $117 for Sat. This was during the Sept. long weekend. Can't complain about that.

The rooms however may not have been worth much more then that. The carpets were stained and dirty. Needed a good vacuumming. The bathrrom was dated. The tub drained very slowly and the faucet leaked.

At the end of the day, we spent very little time in the room and didn't pay much.

The music from the pool area was too loud. You had troubles talking in the pool area. On the 24th floor the noise from the pool was still loud.

The buffet, though I thought expensive, was very good.

We did have a problem with some staff. The bell desk lady was very rude about my lost bagage. I filled out the forms and the night lady took my original form from the airline. The next morning the lady at the counter refused to help me because I didn't have the original form. I explained that they should have it since the night lady kept it. I was told that is not the procedure and then as far as she was concerned, I did not exist. She refused to talk to me.

The ATM machine by the elevators charged $9 for a withdraw. Our friend's 17 yr old daughter staying with us lost $200 in the machine. She went to the cashier's booth and because she was under 21 they refused to help her. I explained to management that if you are not going to help someone under the age of 21 then your ATM's should warn anyone under 21 that if the machine does not dispence the money, they are out of luck and won't be helped.

Over all, I can not see myself staying here again.

Unique Quality: The pool area was nice.
    Buffet was good.

Not much more except for the location on the strip which was great.

Directions: Beside NY NY hotel.

• lisha74's Profile Photo

Great & Affordable Location on the Strip

The Monte Carlo is a great hotel for groups of friends spending the weekend in Vegas. Also one of the more afforable options, which makes it popular for us twenty-somethings :)

It is located right on the strip and within easy walking distance of the main daytime sights. For going out at night, you can easily jump in a cab from the hotel lobby.

• Great hotel, great pool

A great hotel at the Strip in Las Vegas. I might not be the most spectacular hotel in Vegas, but the pools are great. Had some problems with the TVs remote control, but it was fixed almost immediately after contacting the reception.

Unique Quality: The hotel pools are probably among the best pools i Las Vegas

Directions: The Strip, Las Vegas

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Stay at the Monte Carlo

We didn't stay in this hotel but we just visited it. It is one of the most luxurious hotels in Las Vegas. The hotel has it's own distinctive look like other hotels. Their motif is of course, the Monte Carlo-European style hotel. The front of the hotel are steps in marbles with a huge circular fountain. The hotel is painted in all egg-shell white including the steps going to the main entrance of the hotel.

Unique Quality: The luxurious service and the European ambience of the hotel. Lance Burton, the master magician performs in this hotel. Also, the hotel has a luxurious spa, salon, fitness club, swimming pool and cabanas.

The hotel also has the best tea emporium in Las Vegas. The Dragon Noodle Emporium is also located in this hotel.

Directions: Located at the center of the Las Vegas Strip

• Couples,Singles,Seniors,Great Vegas Local

Yes I would definetly recommond the Monte Carlo. We stayed March 7 thru March 10th of 2008. We took my dad for his 1st time Vegas visit (birthday) Our rooms were CLEAN, we had a great view,too! Beds were very comfortable. The buffet was great! The machines were generous.Several players hitting nice size jackpots. Off lobby had a great area with Mcdonalds,Starbucks,Subway and other convenient eateries. Music was upbeat and "Diablos Cantina" located in Hotel was jumping. Right on the strip next door to New York. I would stay again!

Unique Quality: Handicap rooms available. Free Wheelchair accomodations. Friendly Staff.

• doug48's Profile Photo

good

the monte carlo resort has an excellent location on the strip near all of the more upscale casino hotels. a nice resort hotel at a lower rate that it's more expensive neighbors.
    this high rise hotel experienced an electrical fire on 1/25/08. since then the damage has been repaired and the hotel has been upgraded.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

• Monte Carlo & the Noise

Just spent 5 nights at the Monte in Vegas, rooms were spacious & comfortable, meals quite good & reasonable, we found the main pub best for prices etc........One major problem right now is the noise from construction next door ( towards downtown ) construction goes 24 hours a day from 6 a.m. Mon to 6 p.m. Sat.....hard to get away from the noise when in room. The weather was quite hot & the pools were mostly closed . . .if you did go to the pool the rock music was so loud you couldn't communicate with each other.......Drinks at pool quite expensive ( we crossed the street to variety store for beer & soda ) also a Wallgreens a cross the street...quite good for comps for table games.....dealers real friendly & helpful for rookies...Would def stay there again but not till a it more work done next door.....

Unique Quality: 2nd floor had an internet connection to print boarding passes for flights out..

Directions: Near Strip Hotels . . .easy walking distance to a dozen spots..

• Fuzk84's Profile Photo

Good Location

The decor and accomodation at this place is pretty decent, relative to the other upscale hotels along the strip.
    However, the best thing i like about the hotel is its location. There is a small mall just opposite the hotel. If you are on a budget this place is great for you. It houses "Tix for Tonite", where they sell tickets for the shows that are going to be shown on that night itself for helf their original price. So for anyone looking for a bargain that is a great place to go. It also houses a food court which sells food cheaper than most places along the strip.

• Fuzk84's Profile Photo

Good Location

• scpinmd's Profile Photo

Good deal, but loud plumbing noises!!

My nephew and I stayed at the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino in May/June 2005. We asked to be moved to another room on the second day because of the very loud plumbing noises from the room next to us. (We did not hear it on the first day because we were up early for the Grand Canyon trip.) I remember reading about this "plumbing noise" on various websites, so beware. The hotel moved us to a room with a nice view of the Bellagio fountains, so it was a free "upgrade".

Directions: On the Strip, not quite in the middle.

• acebruin's Profile Photo

Diamond in the rough

Monte Carlo is a great casino on the strip. Look for their specials! I got a deal of $49 a night, "Spa, Food and Play" December special promotion. It came with a $25 food credit, $25 off spa and $25 play for new club member. You can't beat that deal in Las Vegas anywhere. I stayed there on weekdays in mid December.

The room is more than average. It's excellent for the price, considering I only paid $49 a night. You get all the things you get from those higher end of hotels like Bellagio, Venetian, or Wynn. It doesn't feature a separate shower and bath tub of course. But the bathroom is a nice size. Not too big, not small neither.

The casino features a great gaming area. For you gamblers, slots and just about every game are available to play. Nowadays every casino has a poker room. The poker room in Monte Carlo is not big. But hey, they have a poker room period. The casino floor staff are nice to chat with, very professional.

They have a nice selection of restaurants. I didn't get a chance to try any of them. Fast food joints like Mc Donalds are available in Monte Carlo.

The pool was closed for remodeling when I was there.

The location on the strip is between New York New York and Ceasar's Palace. It's right accross from Gameworks, for those who have kids. Nice location on the strip.

Unique Quality: Big shower head. Very nice to take a shower with. Very good deal, cheap!

Directions: On the strip! Between NYNY and Ceasar's Palace.

• klj&a's Profile Photo

Monte Carlo

Definitely a higher end hotel. As expected, the service, rooms and restaurants are top notch. If you are looking for great service and experience, I'd definitely recommend the Monte Carlo, but if you just need a place to sleep for a couple hours a night, there are cheaper alternatives.

More about Monte Carlo Resort And Casino

In front of the Monte Carlo Resort & CasinoIn front of the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

Room at Monte Carlo

by carou

Hello, I will like to know how is the room at the Monte Carlo Las vegas? Is it big? and the bathroom is it big to? In the bathroom is it 2 piece 1 for toilet and 1 for bath?

Re: Room at Monte Carlo

by dazz333

You should check the hotel website (montecarlo.com). It should have some pictures of the room. I am not sure if all the rooms are the same.

Comments