Monte Carlo Resort And Casino

Expedia.com Booking.com MonteCarlo.com

1959

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• GREAT STAY AT THE MONTE CARLO LAS VEGAS

We have been staying at the Golden Nugget for the past 8 years but because of the construction and no pool available we decided to try a hotel on the strip. We made a great choice in the Monte Carlo. The beds were extremely comfortable, very clean and the bathroom was much larger then the tiny one at the Golden Nugget. We were worried it might be to big and noisey in the Casino but it is a very well laid out casino and usually only three or four slot machines in a row. Lots of room there is no crowding and it smelled nice. Althoug smoking was allowed the casino was not smokie and they used some kind of carpet fresh each morning. Because of the amout of play we had they upgraded us to a suite and all 6 days were comped for free. We ate at Andre's the french restraunt and it was wonderful. It's a little pricey for the wine but the food was not too badly priced for what you got. The casino host treated us like we were special and it was just a great trip. During our stay we visited the Golden nugget and it was so depressing to see all the construction walls up and the casino still has not provided chairs with backs for the slots that are 1 cent and 5 cents. I have been complaing about those stools for years but I guess they think 5 cent slots do not rate anything but a stool to sit on. It's very hard on the back to sit and play for hours with out any back support. All the money they are spending on renovations and they can not buy some chairs with backs? They have the same tire slots and are very tight and it is very crowed. After being at the Monte Carlo we will not go back to the Nugget and have already b ooked and been comped our spring visit. I would definetly recommed this hotel/casino.

Unique Quality: 4 pools and one is a lazy river ride and one is a wave pool. Love them. There is a small food court beside the casino with MacDonalds and other inexpensive food if you get hungry while playing. They have other restraunts they meet every ones budget and taste. The brewery serves great food at a reasonable price the they give way too much food. If you orer the calamary besure you only order one plate for two people and even that is too much for 2 people.

The negative thing is the tram between the Monte Carlo and the Bellagio is no longer operating do to construction going on between the two buildings. It does not look like it will be operating any more.

Directions: On the strip beside New york New York and MGM and down a very long block from the Bellagio
    Ask for the highest floor possible for the best view and to avoid any noise from the construction sight next door.

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Sophisticated & Smart

A smart, sophisticated hotel...nothing unusual like rollercoasters, eiffel towers or pyramids to draw the crowds, but it does give a sense of distinction...very much like the real Monte Carlo casino. The hotel is elegant, stands in a good location on the Strip....next one along from Ny,Ny....and has some pretty good restaurants to offer!
    We┬┤ve never stayed in this hotel but have visited several times and its one Id like to stay in. With the rates being reasonable and lots of special rate offers, who knows I might book a Penthouse Suite!

Unique Quality: The famous Lance Burton is resident magician and some pretty big names appear throughout the year, so entertainment is good. Theres the spa and fitness centre for the keep fitters and 7 restaurants including the famous Andres ( see my restaurant tips)for the not so keep fitters! This hotel does some very good promotions so keep a check on their website.

• Not the best but good enough

Good place to stay in Vegas for a few nights, but nothing impressing. The Casino floor has a good size but nothing compared to the MGM Grand. The pool area is very nice, but nothing like the Mandeley Bay. The rooms are good and good deals are available but nothing like the Bellagio. So it's ok, good enough to stay in if you have a very good deal but there is no reason to stay there during the day or at night.

• truesunn's Profile Photo

Beautiful Surroundings, Sub-par Service

The hotel and it's rooms are beautifully appointed with marble floors and european decor. That being said, I was very disappointed in the service we received in the casino area. We sat at various slots for approximately 2 hours on a Friday night and did not receive one offer for a drink! At one point, we asked a waitress who replied "Oh, YOUR waitress will be right with you"... We ended up going across the street to buy our own drinks at the party store...

We were also disappointed to find out they no longer have their Keno room. My husband's favorite casino game is Keno! (We ended up having to walk to Excalibur to find one! The service there was much better as well) On Sunday night after our wedding, the service was no better. I won $130 on the $10 Black Jack tables, was not offered any drinks again, seems like the wedding dress and tiara would have drawn atleast a little attention to me!

We ate at the Cafe here. The food was pretty good (we got the fried appetizer platter and the seafood platter to share), although service was surprisingly slow at 2am on a Friday night (eventhough it was not crowded).

We also had the opportunity to dine at Blackstone's Steak House. EXCELLENT. It is a tad pricey, but the meal was well worth it. Excellent and expedient service here! Best steaks we've probably ever had!

Unique Quality: We got married in their very beautiful wedding chapel- we were VERY happy with our experience with the chapel. They even agreed to turn the air conditioning down in the chapel for our wedding (I have a health condition that causes me to be very cold)! They provided our flowers for us, the photographer was excellent, and the staff was warm and friendly. I'd definitely recommend them!

Directions: South strip, between NYNY and Bellagio

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Monte Carlo Resort

This resort to me was very nice and very well designed, with a nice, organized casino, not like Excaliber or Luxor which is so erratic in layout you get lost in them. I saw some very good room promotions here, so staying here would be very cheap,even on the weekends... so I played a few table here and left, and did not see all that much extravagance around me, but after you stay at the Wynn, and shop at Caesars and Bellagio, what would seem over the top?

Directions: slight south end of the strip

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

The Monte Carlo

Room was great, with a wonderful view of the mountains and the off-strip landscape. Pool was nice, with a main pool, wave pool and lazy river. A good part of the pool was shaded and we had to fight for spots in the sun, away from the main pool area. Water in the wave pool was freezing, but felt great after being in the hot desert sun. Lazy river was a great way to cool off, however there were WAY too many kids getting in the way. Restaurants were nice, with fair prices and the casino had a great and comfortable atmosphere.

Unique Quality: I would definitely stay again, however (and this goes for all resort pools), I only wish vacationing families would make better use of the kiddie pool, keeping the children a bit more out of the way of the partiers and sunbathers.

Directions: Next to New York New York, kiddie corner across street from MGM Grand.

• Cammel11's Profile Photo

Monte Carlo

Located right nest to New York New York hotel in the middle of the strip. We got a great deal for 2 rooms for 120.00 a night off of orbitz.com. The hotel is very nice and clean. The pool isn't very fantastic. If you don't plan on going to the pool, then this is a good place to stay. Otherwise you have to fight for a chair in the sun!!

• AshleeS's Profile Photo

Monte Carlo

Nice clean hotel, casino on the small side, pretty good location int he middle of the strip

Unique Quality: Mini food court, have an hourly slot tournament and a finals at the end of the day fun experience free and the possibility of winning monay

Directions: Vegas Strip

• Wonderful!

We had a great deal on the room. We wanted to stay on the strip in a classy place, and this was perfect. It was easy to get around. There is a food court, and several good restaurants to choose from. Good location, close to a lot of places on the strip. The room was neat and clean, and the hotel employees were very kind and helpful. A very good value and a great location!

Unique Quality: The food court was very nice. There is a McDonalds which was good for getting breakfast. It was easy to get to the restaurants in the casino area as well as the shops and restaurants in the hotel portion. The Asian restaurant had excellent food! The buffet was very good too. There is a micro-brewery here too.

Directions: On the Strip next to New York New York

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

High class feel, mid-class prices

The Monte Carlo has a lot going for it. Check-in was very fast and we were even able to get a room at 9:00 am the day of our check-in. The staff was very nice. Rooms are good sized and clean. Plenty of nice options for food on-site: a food court, brewpub, OK buffet, and nicer restaurants. Casino is large and has something for all including some lower table minimums and a decent assortment of machines. Good access to nearby casinos (NYNY, MGM).

Prices have come down in recent years making the Monte Carlo very affordable. It's theme is a little boring, but it's a nice place for what you're paying. Definitely a place to consider.

Unique Quality: The pool has several nice features: a lazy river, a wave pool, and other smaller pools. Spend some time here to cool off.

There was a monorail between the Monte Carlo and Bellagio. It was supposed to start running again at some point, and can help you cover a lot of ground when it it going. Hopefully, it's up again soon.

Directions: South end of the strip

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

The Monte Carlo is on the southern end of the Strip, near the Mandalay Bay. The hotel has its own brewery and you can get beers to go from the vendor outside. I'm not a beer drinker, so I didn't sample any.

The Monte Carlo is also the location for the Lance Burton magic show.

• dambrosi's Profile Photo

Monte Carlo

We got an excellent internet rate for the Monte Carlo, if you book during the week the rates are much lower then the weekend. The pool area was so nice, they have a wave pool, a circulating pool, and the drinks are smooth at the bar. I actually went to Vegas and did no gambling, so I can't rate the Monte carlo's gambling, but the location is nice, it's right on the strip and next to the Belagio, which is nice.

Unique Quality: The view from our room was great (not that we were in the room for very long), and the pool area was very nice and relaxing.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Great Slots....snippy room clerks

Rooms are upscale, but not overly so. The casino is rectangular, and bright, with wide aisles, and great slots. Play the Monte Carlo machine, the one with top hat and cane, dollars only. I win every day I go in. (I just have to remember to leave after winning).

I've always found the casino floor staff to be very attentive, personable, and business like.

Buffet is pretty good, but nothing memorable, however food was tasty, fresh, and plentiful. Worth the money.

Unique Quality: Lance Burton has a specially designed theatre in which he performs magic. Strongly suggest you see his show. They also have a tiny grocery store near the front entrance with fresh fruits, wine, liquor, and lots of snack foods.

The location on the strip is about midway between Ballys and MGM Grand, but on the other side of the street.

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

night at the monte

I had a great time at the Monte. The service was great and the hotel was beautiful. I found the breakfast and dinner buffet awesome for a decent price. The casino was pretty lucky for me, and even more lucky for my dad, though he may not agree since the money he won he had to split among the family (me and my sister) even though we are both grown and moved out. Good old mom always looking out for us.

The rooms were average size and the hotel offered a lot of different selections when it came to where to eat.

Like any hotel in Vegas on the main drag, prices very dramaticly depending on whats going on in town. So take the time to search for the best deals.

* Please feel free to rate this tip, or any of my other tips. I am always looking to make improvements. Thank u....

Unique Quality: I am a pool kind of guy and monte carlo has a great pool area. You can relax in the lazy river, or catch a wave or two in the wave pool. The life guards are nice and there are plenty of beautiful people to look at.

• Las Vegas' hidden gem

Hotel lobby, upon entering was very crowded on a Friday night. Hotel staff was pleasant. Our room was very comfortable, clean, had very nice decor, stylish, modern, and new soft mattresess!

Room service is available 24 hours, with very reasonable prices and quality food prepared within restaurants in hotel. Great assortment of plates to choose from! The three of us shared a salmon lox plate w/ bagels, cream cheese, tomatoes, slivered onions; and a 3 cup pot of hot chocolate, this set us back $15. We added an in-room-movie for $9.99 more.

We had a wonderful heater in our room, especially when it was 35 degrees outside. We were toasty warm within minutes.

I would definitely recommend the Monte Carlo to visitors in Vegas. It is well worth the money and right in the middle of all the action.

Unique Quality: Tennis courts can be used for a fee, same for spa and pool usage. 6 outdoor pools; shows by the magician, Lance Burton; many shops; wedding services, and flower shops; and full spa and beauty salon are some of the things offered to tourists. Best price, I beleive, compared to other 4 star hotels on the Las Vegas strip, from searching via internet. Easy checkout option available from television screen. View from hotel room is best with strip view and on higher floor level. (If not asked for upon arrival, a room with freeway view may be provided).

One minor dislike was the bright white strobe light shining at the wall/window outside at night. Making sure curtains close correctly before sleeping is a must.

Hotel room pricing varies month-to-month, so search the monte-carlo website for specials. We actually recieved $69 a night for 2 nights and $49 our last night. Compared to what I found online for the same days, it was an excellent deal.

Directions: Las Vegas Strip next to New York- New York, across from Gameworks. Turn on Monte Carlo Drive to find Self-Park parking garage then enter from there.

More about Monte Carlo Resort And Casino

In front of the Monte Carlo Resort & CasinoIn front of the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino

Room at Monte Carlo

by carou

Hello, I will like to know how is the room at the Monte Carlo Las vegas? Is it big? and the bathroom is it big to? In the bathroom is it 2 piece 1 for toilet and 1 for bath?

Re: Room at Monte Carlo

by dazz333

You should check the hotel website (montecarlo.com). It should have some pictures of the room. I am not sure if all the rooms are the same.

Comments