New York New York Hotel & Casino

See Amenities
blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Always my best stay

by written on December 20, 2014

Yes, New York, New York is always the Best hotel I stay in when in Las Vegas. Check in was easy. Many staff working so it was fast. Room was great and very clean. There was free wifi for up to 3 devices. The room had a refrigerator and safe. The business office allows to print boarding passes with no charge.

Room was clean and spacious. There is not more to ask for. The hotel has some great shops and restaurants. And of course the roller coaster that is mini taxi cabs.

Definitely my preferred hotel. Can be a little expensive.

WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 19, 2012

Where it asks would I recommend this hotel to a friend, I must say absolutely, positively not. My very first night at the hotel, my father and I went down to the casino and the strip for a few hours starting at about 4 PM. I had brought enough money for me to be able to safely play for our three day trip, and I hid it in a book in my suitcase and placed that book under another book. I told my father out loud only in our room what I was doing in case I forgot where I had put the money. We returned at 10PM tired from the flight and our time in the casinos. The next morning, I went to replenish my money for the day, and I noticed that the books were reversed from what I had last left them. The wrong book was on top, and the money was gone. We searched the room and found no trace of the missing money. It is my opinion that it was an inside job and that some sort of listening device was placed in the room. Security came up to check and verify the report we made, and despite saying that ""these things tend to have a happy ending," nothing was done to either compensate or show that anything was actually being done. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will personally never stay here again. My advice to travelers thinking about his hotel is to enter at your own risk. I only have an opinion of what happened, and based on my story, I will let you decide if you think I am right or wrong.
The hotel and casino itself was not bad. The economy room reminds me of a slightly nicer courtyard by marriott, and the casino is about average size with normal games and several five dollar tables during the daytime.
It would have been fine to have lost the money in the casino, but the fact that it was stolen out of my room made me spend most of my time elsewhere on the strip.

WBeall's Profile Photo

LOVE this hotel!

by written on September 11, 2012

This is by far one of our favorite hotels on the strip. Perfect location and our favorite bar is in this hotel, Nine Fine Irishman! We had a regular room that was huge and the view was a perfect view of the drop on the roller coaster with a hot tub in it. The next day we were talking to the front desk and they told us we could upgrade to a spa suite with a better view! lol The room we upgraded to also had a hot tub in the room and the view was the roller coaster and the entire strip! We LOVE this hotel and will defiantly stay here again! We also went and say Zumanity one evening and the show was great! NO KIDS ALLOWED, it is an adult show and please go with a open mind! You would either love it or hate it. If you do not want to be picked on then dont sit in the first 5 rows. Have fun!

Unique Quality: Roller coasters, night life, shows, Pubs, Gambling, pool, and LOTS more to do.

Directions: On the Strip

Agraichen's Profile Photo

NY built in Amusement Park

by written on December 4, 2011

All hotels in Las Vegas try to lure in the crowds with some sort of gimick. NYNY has the sidewalk facade of NY City complete with the Statue of Liberty. The inside offers the typical casino with a bit of NY Street scene layout for the cafe's, restaurants and shops.

NYNY hotel prices when I stayed were $30/night less than MGM just across the street. Considering Jimmy Buffet was playing the MGM I suspect NYNY was trying to lure people away from the hotel even if they were attending the concert.

Rooms are clean but slightly dated. Depending on the tower you're in there can be quite a walk through the casino to find your elevator.

Restaurants are generally pretty good but prices are a bit above what you might expect in a similar restaurant elsewhere (The coffee shop emphasized the "bucks' ... my standard order at home cost half of what I paid at NYNY).

Unique Quality: NYNY like most LV casino / hotels offers a casino with the usual gaming venues. The pool appears to have been a back lot afterthought but it's quite nice even if the sun doesn't see it until almost noon (in October). There is a "kids" arcade and a roller coaster but the price can be a bit steep.

Directions: South end of Las Vegas Blvd at the corner of Tropicana across from MGM.

Thieves

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 25, 2010

Unique Quality: It looks like New York, end of story.

Directions: Southern part of the strip

Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

A great Vegas New York welcome

by written on November 3, 2010

This is a very good hotel in just about every way. Not really central, rather, the Southern part of what we think of as the strip, but adjacent Monte Carlo and opposite MGM so right in the thick of it.

The Houdini Magic shop has shop asistants who make your change disappear (you'll get it back eventually!) a very good Italian restaurant (I have reviewed elsewhere, Il Fornaio) as I have reviewed ChinChin Chinese Cafe, where you will find breakfast with a twist or two.

Other restaurants and bars are highly rated, we did not get throught them all in a 2 nights stay.

Would say that the rooms themselves are smaller than average, if that is important to you, not a big deal to us. Also the pool is one of the smallest we know on the strip and is part shaded until after lunch, it can get crowded even outwith peak times.

But these are realtively small beer and this hotel is recommended. As always, and especially in Las Vegas, look out for deals, avoid holiday weekends and book in advance!

Unique Quality: Well known for giving upgrades!

On our e-mail to them at booking (the basic Skyline room) mentioned it was our aniversary and we would be obliged if we could have a high floor. We got a Strip view floor on teh 29th floor of the Chrysler Building - yes we also scored an upgrade to the Park Avenue rooms without asking.

also liked the little Greenwich mock up with the Times Square bar, coffe houses and snack bars, looked a bit like the lot in Universal Studios

Click for 4 more pictures

Directions: South of the centre of the strip, West side, opposite MGM, corner of Tropicana

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

NYNY

by written on January 16, 2010

Until recently, NYNY has been priced between the mid-range and the upper range casinos. Pricing has come down, and having now been able to stay here, I can see how it's value was correct. It's a beautiful property. I arrived late on a Monday, so there was no check in line at all. The desk was very friendly, despite the late hour. The rooms are spacious and clean. I did have one fear, that the coaster would keep me awake all night. Luckily, there was no issues. On the property, there is a nice range of dining, including a food court that looks like a neighborhood, and a number of places to shop. The gift/sundry store is tucked behind the check-in desk, near the pool entrance for late night needs.

Two minor quibbles - they seem to be de-theming the casino, and what was once a neat play on Central Park is now very non-descript. The second is that the roller coaster needed maintenance one afternoon, which locked down the parking garage for all intents and purposes. Watching from our room, it took one guy over two hours to get from the top level out to the strip!

In all though, this was a very nice stay, and with rates now in the $50-$75 range for weekdays, a huge bargain!

Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Good, But Nothing Special

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 30, 2009

Having stayed at a few different Vegas hotels, I think that unless you are booking a deluxe room or suite, the rooms are all pretty much the same. That is to say, a standard uninspired room. The special things go into the rest of the hotel - the casinos, the restaurants, etc. And I guess that is okay since you don't go to Vegas to stay in your room. That being said, the standard rooms in New York, New York are fine.

The hotel is large enough that it may take you 5 minutes to get from the front desk to your room. The casino was nice and the New York feel was pretty well done. Of course, one of the big attractions here was the roller coaster on top of the hotel.

The 9 or 10 restaurants include Gallagher's Steakhouse and Nine Fine Irishmen, which was a great place to go for drinks and to listen to music. The Coyote Ugly bar was small and nothing special. There are plenty of other more interesting bars in Las Vegas.

We also saw Zumanity by Cirque du Soleil, which was a little odd and definitely not one of my favorite Cirque du Soleil shows.

The location was okay but not center of the strip. That's okay as long as it's not too hot since you can walk the strip to check out the other hotels.

Overall, the hotel was fine. I'm not sure I would stay here again just because there are so many other hotels to check out. If you decide to book a room here, be sure to check out the promotional specials. Sometimes you can get a room for $60-$70.

Directions: Across from MGM Grand and Excalibur Hotel

New Look!

by written on December 18, 2008

I would recommend a stay at NYNY because it is not overwhelming in size, but has all the accommodations you expect in Las Vegas. The new casino looks great and is fun to "play" in. We had a room with a large tub/spa and it was fun. The Spa, once again, was the size where you felt important rather than one of a hundred people that your attendent saw that hour.

Unique Quality: Even if you don't stay at the property you have to check out the casino and 24 Pour. Try the Moose Drewal at 24 Pour.

Directions: It's on one of the best corners on the strip with MGM Grand, Excalibur attached.

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Lots to see

by written on June 23, 2008

This casino is fun. We seem to have some luck here with the slots. Nothing fancy, but we like it. I get a kick out of the food court. Reminds me of Times Square. Yet, I do know of some friends who stayed here and didn’t like having the room near the rollercoaster. Way to noisy, so you may want to ask where your room is before you confirm your reservations. They did like the décor and service at least.

New York Hotel has 2,023 rooms with a 84,000 square feet Casino
Loads of Restaurants
Entertainment may consist of Cirque du Soleil show Zumanity, Dueling Pianos at the Bar at Times Square and live entertainment in the lounges and Coyote Ugly bar.
Attractions are The Roller Coaster at New York-New York.
Lots of Shops
In-room internet access
All rooms have Web TV
Has Wheelchair accessible rooms
No RV parking
No Pets allowed:
Room service
Nine Story Parking garage
Amenities: Air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, remote-controlled cable TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board (on request), in-room safe, desk, electronic door locks, refrigerator (on request and there is an additional charge), web TV, on-command and pay-per-view movies, telephone, voice mail. Coney Island-style area with games and video arcade, concierge, currency exchange, laundry, luggage and maid service, room service, wake-up call, safety deposit box.
Check-in time: 3 p.m.
Check-out time: 11 a.m.

Great Hotel and Great Customer Service

by written on April 30, 2008

I just returned from Las Vegas and it is as busy as ever. Just want to correct the last post, You want to stay mid or South end of the strip. The North end is where the Stratosphere Hotel is located. I stayed at New York New York (South Strip) and I was very impressed. I am in Las Vegas at least 3 times a year and I have to say that the service was excellent at New York New York. Right now is a great time to visit as the higher end hotels have some great deals. If you stay during the week, you can get some VERY good deals. Oh, and by the way, at the Rio, the Sky Show is closed down for the next month or so for renovation and the Volcano at the Mirage is being reworked, so it is down for a few months.

If you are into shows, there is the Hot Tix booth across the street from New York New York. You can save up to 50% on shows in Las Vegas.

Hope this helps.

Unique Quality: New bedding in these well appointed rooms make them very inviting and comfortable. Clean and inviting hallways and friendly housekeeping staff.

Directions: South Strip across from the MGM.

amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Nice place but rollercoaster was closed!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 23, 2008

Our stay here was probably our most disappointing on our recent US trip but overall wasn't that bad. Lots of facilities (food and entertainment) but the fact someone had been in our room and when we contacted reception they knew nothing but said they would look into it and get back to us (which they didn't) led to a fairly restless final nights sleep.

Mind you lovely big rooms and bathrooms and pretty good view of the southern end of the strip. We were looking at the 'Statue of Liberty's' back. We ate next door, well across the walkway, at the Excalibur Round Table Buffet. We went over to the MGM several times to see the lions there and really it was in a good spot although the Deuce bus trip up the strip to Freemont St took about 2hours for the round trip. Everything takes forever in Vegas.

Unique Quality: I picked this place for the rollercoaster which unfortunately was shut for maintainence. This was a curse and a blessing. I would have liked a go but then again I think we would have tired of it going past at all hours of the day and night.

Directions: Southern End its neighbours include the MGM, Excalibur and Monte Carlo.

doug48's Profile Photo

better

by written on January 19, 2008

new york new york is a theme hotel with replica new york city landmarks. a very good casino resort hotel. moderately priced.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

Fitness Center fee

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 30, 2007

My husband and I and our friends really enjoyed our stay at New-York New-York. The food was great, nice room, friendly, helpful employees. There was one part of the stay I was completely unsatisified about, the fitness center. Nowhere did I read (on-line or in the hotel hand book supplied to us in our room) about a fitness center fee. An on-line description about the spa said "facilities $20.00", but it did not refer to that "facility" as the "fitness center". I have never been to a hotel where the fitness center was not part of the room fees. I don't know if this is the same with all "Las Vegas Strip" hotels, but for this reason, I won't stay at New-York New-York again.

Kim Gallo

The Roller Coaster Hotel

by written on September 4, 2007

New York New York hotel is centrally located on the Las Vegas Strip. It uses the New York city theme of its name in many ways. Its outside architecture creates an impression of the NYC skyline with the Empire State Building etc. Outside the front of the hotel is a replica of the Statue of Liberty, a roller coaster, and replicas of the Brooklyn Bridge and other well-known structures. Within the resort, gambling areas, bars, eating areas are named after and designed to look like New York neighbourhoods and landmarks.

We stayed there for our honeymoon in 2006. When we checked in, we were able to upgrade our suite to one with a better view. We loved our room, it was very spacious and clean, with a great view down the strip.

We ate at a few of the restaurants there and loved them. We never once had bad service. We even received a free meal and a shot of bourbon from the manager of the "America" restaurant, because he thought we had waited too long for our meal to come out.

The roller coaster is fantastically terrifying, enough so that it took me 1/2 hour to convince my wife to go on it, and she's glad she did…I think ;)

This was our first time in Las Vegas, hopefully not our last, so I can't compare to other hotels there yet. Although we had a great time at NY-NY and would go back there, we'd probably like to stay at a different hotel next time, as they are all so unique.

Nearby New York New York Hotel & Casino

New York New York Hotel & Casino

• New York New York Las Vegas
  • Ny Casino
  • New York Resort
  • New York - New York Hotel Las Vegas

Address: 3790 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

106 Photos of New York New York Hotel & Casino

• Casino
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews