New York New York Hotel & Casino

See Amenities
DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

New York, NY

by written on June 5, 2007

This is an OK hotel. Its nothing too special. The casino is ok also, not too big. I cant really say too much about this place. Ive stayed here a few times. Its overall an average place. The rooms are clean and nice, avg in size, weird colors though. The restaurants are OK, the piano bar is pretty cool. I ate at Il Fornaio for dinner here, the only thing i really liked is the tiramisu, now that was good.

Directions: Sahara and the strip...

Hermanater's Profile Photo

One of the Many Vegas Hotels

by written on March 20, 2007

Lets start off by saying that Vegas is overpriced.... You pay way too much and use the room very little.. A few hundred dollars a day for a place to spend 8 hours to sleep.....

The staff was very friendly. The place was very clean. The casino was very smokey. We were happy with the hotel. The breakfast resturant had good food (even if overpriced like the rest of Vegas). Would I stay here again ?? I don't see why not. It has a great location on the strip and we had no problems.

Sorry I don't say much about the hotel. I found that every hotel we looked around, eventually started to look like the next. All were fancy with lots of Glitz. Each was its own little fantasy theme park.

Unique Quality: Every hotel here seems to have some unique feature, i.e. fountains, pirate show, gondola, etc. Ney York, New York had the mini streets inside and the roller coaster outside.

Directions: Across from the MGM Grand

Great Coaster... But that's about it

by written on January 25, 2007

The New York, New York casino isn't as nice as most of the others on the strip. When we first walked into the casino, we were bombarded by vendors selling the strangest items, from water massage to flavored air. We walked through the casino area, which reminded me of an arcade, and found an area with tacky New York souveniers.

We couldn't find anyway into the hotel except through the casino (right through the tables), which felt awkward. Later, we went on the roller coaster, which was the best part of the casino. To get there, we passed through an arcade. The kids looked like they were having a lot of fun in the arcade, so maybe this is more of a family casino & hotel.

Directions: The New York New York casino is on the strip. It's near the end of the strip with the Luxor, Excalibur and MGM casinos

jm34bee's Profile Photo

Nice place to stay.. Good Ambiance

by written on January 15, 2007

There is a fun Atmosphere for a younger crowd. There is a live band in the evenings that plays 80s cover songs. I liked staying at the hotel itself but I think I prefer staying at the other end of the strip.

matteucs's Profile Photo

Talk to them!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2007

Fun hotel, interesting decor, very well run.

I woudl definitely recommend it.

Unique Quality: Remember to talk to the men and women checking you in, the friendlier you are to them, the friendlier they are to you. I spoke with the guy checking myself and my brother in for about 10 min, even though I didnt have to, and found out he use to work at the same base that I am now at...this resulted in a nice discount. 200 dollar room for 84 dollars!!

Directions: The strip

ema522's Profile Photo

A disappointment

by written on January 8, 2007

I went to Vegas with a few friends a couple months ago & was excited because one of them got a very good deal on NYNY, but in hindsight I must say I was disappointed. The building complex is poorly designed: all the rooms are in towers instead of a central structure and for whatever reason, there is only one bank of elevators! We had a room on the other side of the tower and had to walk for miles to get the elevator (and naturally to get back to the room). The room itself was not all that nice and it was very small, especially considering that we were given an upgrade. I'd hate to see what their basic rooms look like. The lobby & casino is overcrowded and confusing, and because of the open design, the noise gets to be deafening even by Vegas standards. It was a trial just to get out one night & face the right way on the Strip. It's fun to visit & maybe have a meal there, but not a good place to stay at all.

Unique Quality: There's no shortage of good places to eat, including a 24-hour American theme restaurant. The lobby/casino design is interesting as it's a scaled-down version of NYC streets, but again, the novelty wears off quickly if you're actually staying there.

aimeewoods's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 28, 2006

We were very impressed with the room. It was a Park Avenue Deluxe room, which was very large and newly remodeled. If you have a fear of heights, it might not be for you! There is no ledge or window sill so you are looking directly down on the strip. I suggest making your reservations through the hotel website directly: www.nynyhotelcasino.com They generally have the best rates and special promotions. Checking into the hotel was my only disappointment. It took nearly an hour waiting in line!

Unique Quality: Large rooms, very nice

KaisaL's Profile Photo

Nice location on the strip

by written on November 26, 2006

New York New York is an ok Hotel. The staff is friendly, good room service and maid service. However, because it is a theme hotel with the famous roller coaster, this hotel seemed to draw families and young people. This hotel (incomparrison with Mandalay Bay, MGM, Bellagio and such) gives you a feeling of being condensed. The atmosphere in the casino is dark and crowded. There are not any good "shops" at New York New York. Restaurants are good. The most important accomodation for us is the pool. We were told and it was also stated online that the pool was open. A call to the hotel also confirmed the pool would be open during our stay. HOWEVER, at check-in we found out the pool was closed for the season and always has been closed for the winter. We were so misinformed and frustrated. We love to spend our mornings relaxing at the pool, then up for a nap, and out on the town mid afternoon till...................
Price wise, we had a great deal thru Allegiant Air so our price per person was very inexpensive compared with normal pricing.

Unique Quality: The hotel is clean, the view are not so great, depending on your location in the hotel. Its in a great location on the strip, close to the Deuce (bus), stores, and other hotels.

Directions: Right on the strip

HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Start Spreadin' the News!

by written on August 23, 2006

The rooms here were great, and the hotel and casino itself holds such a fun atmosphere. I booked early enough to where I got a great rate, and it's right in the center of the south strip. There are plenty of great restaurants inside, and also the Manhattan Express, a roller coaster that takes you entirely around the premises, starting inside the hotel.

Unique Quality: One thing I particularly liked was that the age group was close to mine, and there were an abundant amount of singles as well. The pool is a good size and you can order food from one of the restaurants on the deck. There are a lot of great restaurants to choose from and the inside is set up to look like the streets of NYC.

cfritz75's Profile Photo

Complete Madness

by written on August 6, 2006

Upon arrival our rooms were not clean and were told that it would be a 3 hour wait. However, I was offered an upgrade....but had to pay $80bucks for it. I was thoroughly disappointed when I arrived at my room, which was smaller than the less expensive room. Also we were told we were getting a "strip" view...actually it was a view of the side of the MGM across the street. I attempted twice to get a coffee w/ soy milk at the el fornaio cafe and was told both times (in the morning) that they had run out...instead of just telling me they didn't carry it? So on to the starbucks that you have to walk across the casino and then up an escalator to get to. They didn't accept starbucks cards. Needless to say first impressions weren't good here. Next stop the pool. Another strike when we arrived at the pool which doen't open until 11. We waited in our rooms until it opened. It was small but alright I guess. The sun doesn't even touch you until 12:30 (it was September) which is probably why it doesn't open until 11. The wait staff was slow and it would take upwards of an hour to get a drink or a burger.

Nightlife and restaurants inside - the Piano Bar was crackin! It was enjoyable when walking around to hear everyone singing along. 9 Fine Irishmen- couldn't get a table (or someone to talk to us even) to save our lives...we tried almost every night to go there since my mom's boyfriend is part Irish. The mexican restaurant across from the piano bar - good food, stiff drinks, unfriendly service. Coyote Ugly - go early to get stamped and avoid paying cover...I didn't go by my brother had a blast (go figure)

Directions: Across from MGM

Emmie123's Profile Photo

Not bad, shame about the pool!

by written on July 16, 2006

I loved staying in New York, New York! it was great fun, with the rollercoaster running round it and was easy to spot the statue of Liberty after a few too many cocktails in another hotel!!!
I'd say it's only downfall was the pool because the sun would disappear behind a skyscraper around 2pm, spoiling an extra few hours sun bathing, though it's not that much of a problem coz my friend and i frequently went shopping in caesers palace in the morning, then crashed by their pool for the rest of the day instead!!
To end on a happy note you have to check out the cyote Ugly bar and club, but get there early coz it packs out quickly, if you liked the film you'll love the bar!!!

All in all New York, New York is certainly a taste of the Big Apple in the middle of a desert!

Unique Quality: Well the rollercoaster is certainly unique!

It has some beautiful views if your in a strand facing room!! i would definately recommed paying the little extra for the scene you have from your window!

Directions: Opposite the MGM Grand - You can't miss it!!!

RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Is This Really Vegas??

by written on July 9, 2006

With its great Manhattan Skyline featuring 47 floor high replicas of the Empire State building,the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge and a real life Coney Island roller coaster that actually runs thru the hotel and out again, you could easily be lead to think you are in New York City.
The interior is even more mind boggling! Over 2000 rooms, New York streets with steam coming up thru the manhole covers, noisy Irish bars with duelling pianists, streetside cafes and fine restaurants with sides of ageing beef waiting to be ordered and a great NY atmosphere.

Unique Quality: Ive not stayed in the rooms here but have visited the hotel many times and it really does have that fun feel.

Directions: Opposite the MGM Hotel & Casino

travel_bug79's Profile Photo

Great Place to Stay

by written on December 15, 2005

We loved this hotel for a few reasons. Most importantly our room was very clean and well presented. The staff were for the most-part very friendly and helpful. There are some great bars including the ESPN bar and Coyote Ugly as well as some nice places to eat so you could quite easily stay in the hotel and never leave! Only things that annoyed me were that it wasnt exactly central on the Strip so you have to walk alot to visit other hotels, etc, but I think this is a given when you visit Vegas anyway; and the pool was not operating while we were there. Would have no problem in staying here again.

Nuna25's Profile Photo

A laid back easy time

by written on December 5, 2005

I enjoyed my stay at New York New York. I found the hotel being not too snobish, laid back.
Some of the hotels on the strip tend to overwhelm the visitor. But NY NY was definetly very comfortable and made the guest feel comfortable.
The hotel has a lot to offer its guests, from the roller coaster to the Zumanity theater. They have a piano bar which is a throw back to old college times.
The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the pool. In terms of Las Vegas this one is not up to par. It is on the small side.

LakeFever's Profile Photo

Cool Building, Clubs and Entertinament

by written on November 26, 2005

We stayed at the MGM Grand. Quite the large casino/hotel....actualy the biggest hotel in the world. Didnt do much gambling at the MGM...quite frankly, you have to play to many hands before you can get a drink....all of a sudden your down 100 bones. We looked for what we called "value casino"...off the beaten path or less well know...lower tables and drinks flowing as fast as the cash....that way it would be even steve so to speak. Can we really drink as much free beer to cover our losses???
We came up with something....the Boardwalk Casino.

Unique Quality: The roll coaster is pretty good....starts off better than it ends thats for sure...cost $12.50, second ride, $6.00...
There is some entertainment at night in the complex which doenst cost a thing to see....a couple live bands and a duelling piano bar....walk in an out of restaurants with you drink...no restrictions.
Also has Coyote Ugly bar/club. Some people we knew went, $20 to get in (like every club in Vegas), just like the movie they reported....is what it is.
Didnt stay here...the property is owned by MGM and joined above the street by indoor/outdoor overpass...again, carry beer /drinks if you like.

Directions: The south end of the strip. Can walk from one end to the other and back in 3 hrs.....Take the monorail from the stop within the hotel.

Nearby New York New York Hotel & Casino

New York New York Hotel & Casino

• New York New York Las Vegas
  • Ny Casino
  • New York Resort
  • New York - New York Hotel Las Vegas

Address: 3790 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

106 Photos of New York New York Hotel & Casino

• Casino
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews