Oakwood At Desert Shores

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Las Vegas

Horn Light Fixture at Hard Rock Hotel/CasinoHorn Light Fixture at Hard Rock Hotel/Casino

The new volcano showThe new volcano show

The farm scrambleThe farm scramble

Vermont in AutumnVermont in Autumn

Comedy and/or magic show recommendations?

by lukenysen

I'm taking my girlfriend to Las Vegas this weekend (it's her first time) and I'm looking for a good comedy show, magic show, or a good comedy and magic show (even better, right ?!)

Penn and Teller could be interesting, but so could some of the less branded shows like "Anthony Cools -- The Uncensored Hypnotist" or "Defending the Caveman". Really, it just feels like I'm spinning a wheel here.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?

by pangaeatours

Hello
Tickets in Vegas to good shows are expensive so if i had to pick one i would choose Penn and Teller. They are always good.
Brian

by Agraichen

Penn & Teller are always great and they do through in a bit of their own comedy. They also (at least the last times I've seen them) meet and greet the audience after the show allowing close up photos with "their fans."

Although I've not seen it, I've heard good things about Defending the Caveman.

On the flip side, of shows, the Cirque shows are great. I've seen most of them and have never been disappointed. Ka is probably my favorite.

by Agraichen

Although I've not seen it, I've heard good things about Defending the Caveman.

by travelgourmet

Sort of in between but "Terry Fator: Ventriloquism in Concert" is at the Mirage and he is not only one of the best ventriloquists in the world, he is hysterical as well. He is now appearing at the Mirage on the Strip. See website for all the comedy shows in Las Vegas: http://govegas.about.com/od/comedyshows/Comedy_Shows.htm

by xymmot

Can not go wrong with Penn and Teller. Cheers Tommy x

by Donna_in_India

Anthony Cools is hysterical! By the time the show was over my sides hurt from laughing so much. My vote would be for him.

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Playa's Club

by PsiliPharm

I highly recommend joining every Player's Club you can find, they offer so many extra benefits, and if you're going to gamble anyways, why not earn something even if you lose? I found it easy to get comps for free meals and some free merchandise as well. 5AM at the Craps table in the Hooters Hotel & Casino. Just me & a few other rollers taking the House for a stroll. Don't forget to place bets for the Dealers, they'll help you out as much as possible.

How To Save in Vegas

by krizt

One great thing about Las Vegas is that it can be REALLY inexpensive. You can get great deals on flights and rooms, food, shows, even gambling.

If you plan on flying, check w/ a travel agent and get a package deal- sometimes you can get like 4 days 3 nights flight and room for around $200 a person (sometimes cheaper!) If you are driving out- and just need a room- go to the hotel's website and you can usually get a better deal. Also- book the most inexpensive room and when you get there, if there are luxury rooms left you can upgrade for next to nothing.

There is a magazine called 'What's On in Las Vegas' I think they are free at the hotel usually. This will tell tou everything that's going on the month that you're there and there are tons of coupons in it. If you fly you usually get a coupon book on the plane- don't throw it away, there are some great deals in them and usually they will take you somewhere that you might not go ( Texas, Sunset, the Station hotels usually have good deals and Sunset station is great- although off the strip.) If you don't fly check with your hotel- they usually have them too. The coupons are for things like $3 off buffet or $2 at black jack table or two free drinks in a certain lounge. Any show that you want to see- there's a good chance that you could go for next to nothing- sometimes nothing! Sit down at a table in the hotel that the show is in- play for a while and almost 7 times out of 10 a pit boss will offer free show tickets to someone at the table. Or talk to your dealer- if you've dropped a lot of money at the table then he may be able to help you out.

The cards that track what you've spent gambling are also good to get- it takes about 3 minutes to get one and the more you gamble the more free stuff you can get- from souvineers to food to shows!

You must drive, or take a bus,...

by beakers

You must drive, or take a bus, all the way up and down the whole strip and perferably to North Las Vegas as well (the old casinos on Freemont street) You will have fun trying to tally up the tatoo parlors, wedding chapels and bail bond places! And the lights, it's overwelming. When I am away from Las Vegas I miss the feeling of hanging out with 1 million tourists. Tourists are generally a happy, though tired, bunch. The excitement is infectious. I really like hanging out by the outdoor stage at Harrahs. The people are dancing and the music is hot!

Warm up your button finger ...

by ErinInMD

I'm a slots person ... it's easy and I don't have to think too much. I had a good luck at the MGM Grand and the Monte Carlo.

It's a good idea to take some of the wet wipes after you cash in your coins ... your hands will be filthy.

Another plus to gambling is the free drinks. A casino waitstaff person will walk around and take orders. Be patient because sometimes it takes a little while for them to come back with your drink ... but you can't really complain since it's free. Winning $92! I won a total of 3 times. One time I put in a quarter and won $40. My friends were not amused since I won more than they did! =)

As I walked into the hotel...

by lauriejeanne

As I walked into the hotel room, I was shocked to feel the air conditioning turned up full blast. I couldn't understand the waste of energy on the part of the hotel... Then I saw the surprise and I almost fainted!!

Comments