Ogden House Motel

651 Ogden Ave., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

More about Las Vegas

Pirate leaving ship to go to SirensPirate leaving ship to go to Sirens

Finally, a good run...Finally, a good run...

Cactus gardenCactus garden

Almost magicalAlmost magical

Pawn shops

by Paisleypaul

Does anyone have any experience of pawn shops in Las Vegas?

They are something of a hobby of mine, but not sure where to find them, I maybe spotted some on the road just West of the North-central part of the Strip last time or may have been totally disorientated!

Also, I like little curios, not interested in jewellery, is the cliche of pawning the wedding rings true? As I say hope to find somewhere not awash with bling!

Thanks for any input folks

Re: Pawn shops

by chrisbilal

There is a very famous one in Vegas which is the basis of a US reality show called "Pawn Stars".

I've never been there, but it seems like they have a bit of everything from what I've seen on TV.

Re: Pawn shops

by KirstenL4W

Silver & Gold Pawn Shop is on Las Vegas Blvd, a little ways north of the Stratosphere. I've never been in, but every time I drive by any more there is a long line to get in. They do have lots of interesting stuff from what I see on TV, and I would think that they have a better selection of goods than the chain store pawn shops do, which, btw, are everywhere.

There's also SuperPawn and EZ Pawn. You can look up their locations online.

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Safe Strip

by Martinewezel

No difference between day and night here. Same dense traffic, crowdy streets, shops are always open...
Where else on earth would you allow your 16 and 18 years old kids to walk in the street on their own after midnight?
Las vegas Strip is perfectly safe!

Lots of distractions....

by raevnzno

There are so many things here competing for your attention you may not know where to start. Keep your wits about you, decide what your priorities are and know your limits. If you come for the gambling, really know your limits. And at least try to get out of the casinos occassionally to enjoy our other stuff. When I'm traveling, the one thing I miss most about LV is the fact that this is the real 24 hour town. I like being able to to out to eat at 10-11p without any problems. Most of the cities I visit really seem to be very limited on choices for dinner at 11p. After living here for a while, it almost seems like all the other cities close up tight after 9pm

Visit CAESAR'S PALACE.

by Simonneeddy

Visit CAESAR'S PALACE. There are all the restaurants and gambling halls you would want to visit here.
We had a LIMOSINE ride from the airport Just walking around the gaming rooms. I did so at 5 AM. as I could not sleep the first night I was so excited. Eating in the many great restaurants at Caesar's. 'BUFFET ' 'ALL YOU CAN EAT' very good food and not expensive. Playing the slots. and the numbers games. Getting all that attention from a hostess who kept offering free drinks. Swimming in the great pool to relax after a day of visiting.

Pick the seasons to visit!

by Sharrie

Pick the seasons to visit: Las Vegas is like a sauna in the Summer, so try to avoid this period. To me, the best time is Winter (preferably the months from Nov. to March). Just the perfect weather to walk around and visit the many national parks and desert areas. Feeling like Alice in Wonderland, I have practically visit every hotel on the Vegas Strip and been back there every Winter to sample the buffets in all the new resorts and stay in each different one each time I visit. Vegas is an addiction!

Love the GRAND CANYON too & have been there 5 times since my first visit!

Honky Tonk Cowgirls

by mht_in_la

A few times a night, Binion Horseshoe presents a free "Honky Tonk Cowgirls" show to bring the crowds into their casino. These cute girls singing and dancing among farm tools doesn't convince me they are real cowgirls. I'm not sure they can milk the cow. Well, we all have to start somewhere.

Binion Horseshoe is one of the oldest casinos in Vegas. They are the home of the original "World Series of Poker". Now Poker is more popular than ever. You see poker games broadcast on TV as sports or travel program all the time.

Comments