Palace Station Hotel and Casino

Casino and Gambling Road Trip Arts and Culture
See Amenities
hdv63's Profile Photo

The worst experience during our USA tour 2013

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 7, 2013

Nice building, good pub, but the hotel room and breakfast were a disaster .
Room with a view on a fence
Lousy bathroom
The price was including breakfast, but if you wanted to visit the breakfast room, you had to go through a passport control (!). Never seen before. There was a row of waiting people that was familiar with passport control on an airport!! So we bought ourselves coffee and a croissant for breakfast somewhere else

Unique Quality: Noisy trucks coming and going in the night

Directions: Advice; never tke a courtyard room and forget the breakfast !!

painterdave's Profile Photo

Just Off The Strip, But Nice

by written on July 17, 2013

The tower rooms are very nice and well kept. We had one on the 17 floor. It was spacious with a view, a large shower, beds with support, and a flat screen tv.
Ask for a room with a view towards Wynn.
You will save some money by staying here, and there is a shuttle two times a night to take you near Treasure Island Casino on the strip.
Try to make your reservation online, which sometimes has a better offer.

Unique Quality: We did not use the small pool. You have to walk through the entire casino.... to get to the free breakfast which was very very large. This was a bonus!
I saw no one winning at the dice tables... which should tell you something.
The Irish pub restaurant had great sandwiches.
Our room was very quiet.
Check in was not too long, however, you cannot usually check in too early.

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Very Comfortable and Affordable

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 23, 2008

We stayed here on night and was really please with the room. We had gotten a room at the time that had faced the Strip. The view from our window that night was awesome. We had gotten take out and moved the table by the window, propped our feet on the window seal and enjoyed the view. It was a very nice room and very comfortable. The staff was really nice too. It is not too far off the strip, but not exactly walking distance, but only a short drive. Traffic is heavy on the Sarah Avenue, so be careful. Lots of places to eat though on this street and a grocery store is just down the road going north. As all the basic amenities too!

Yet, while I was phoning home to check on the kiddies on the pay phone, the gentleman next to me was on the other phone. When he had gotten off, his shopping bag was gone. I mean it was gone that quick. So keep a hold of your possessions everywhere you go. Security was on it right away.

Directions: If going east on the strip Las Vegas Blvd, hang a left onto Sahara Ave.

Kimmie69's Profile Photo

"P" Station in Vegas

by written on July 5, 2007

I wouldn't recommend the courtyard rooms. The shower is very dark and the shower head hangs very low. The rooms are also very small. I would pay the extra for a tower room. You don't really need to worry about a rental car because the hotel offers a free schuttle to the Fashion Mall and the Tropicanian every hour and they have a schuttle to and from the airport that is also free.

Unique Quality: Love the glass elevator and the fact that there was a subway in the hotel.

Excellent value

by written on July 4, 2007

I have stayed here several times, always in the older courtyard section. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. There are two small pools here, which are never crowded. The staff has always been friendly, and are eager to assist you in any way. They have late night specials at the Cafe, and and an excellent buffet. The Cabo bar/restaurant has excellent margaritas. When you check in at the hotel, they give you a coupon for a free drink as well. The negatives are few here. There isn't an elevator in the courtyard section, so you may have to carry your luggage up. Also, if you want a view like a strip hotel, you won't get it here. But if you want a pleasant hotel without the strip attractions, I highly recommend the Palace.

Unique Quality: It's near the downtown area, but away from the rough neighborhoods. Easy access to the strip, also.

Directions: approximately one block off north end of strip

Close to strip and downtown, away from traffic

by written on March 5, 2007

I've always had good experiences when staying at Palace Station, whether in the courtyard rooms or tower. I prefer the courtyard rooms for the close proximity to the pools, parking, and casino. Request a room not facing I15, as there is always traffic noise from there. But all other rooms are quiet. With the room savings, rent a car to get around. You'll have more freedom and a day's rental is about the cost of one taxi ride.

Unique Quality: More of a locals' place, no walking a mile to get from the room to the casino, good restaurants, great buffet.

Directions: Westside of I15, opposite Saraha Hotel on Saraha.

justintobias's Profile Photo

Palace Station Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 27, 2006

I stayed here but it wasnt the most spectacular place. It was good for how much they charged which wasnt alot. Not located on the strip makes it inconvenient for travel if you do not have a car. Not really much to say about this place.

Directions: Not on the strip

lovemycacti's Profile Photo

Just Make Sure You Read This

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2006

If you are considering a stay at Palace Station, please promise me that if you do - you will NOT - I repeat DO NOT make a telephone call from your hotel room! My boyfriend and I stayed at the Palace Station in April 2006 and got a pretty good web deal for $49.99 US$ a night. We stayed for two nights - but read on...

Like most travelers, we called home to let our family know that we got there safely. We called his parents for 1 minute. We called my parents for 6 minutes. Two days later when we checked out we got a telephone bill for $59.87 US!!!!!!!! Two itty bitty phone calls cost more than our hotel room!!! No where is this ignorant pricing posted in the hotel nor the room. In all fairness, it's not just Palace Station - all hotels in Las Vegas have outrageous phone charges - even local calls and 1-800 numbers have a "connection fee" and a base price of $1.00 per minute! PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN TRAVELING TO LAS VEGAS. Either bring your cell phone (watch those prices too) or bite the .50c charge to use a pay phone or get a prepaid calling card.

As far as our room, it had a good view, the hotel staff were friendly, no bed bugs, large comfy room and the free shuttle to and from the strip was nice. The shuttle drivers were quiet and didn't make small talk with anybody so we didn't tip them - which we normally do.

Keep in mind however that if you catch the red eye in or out of Vegas and you're staying at the Palace Station their free shuttle to the hotel stops at about 11:00pm or 11:30pm. After this time, a lot of other pay-as-you-go shuttles won't go to Palace Station they'll only go to The Strip. So, you have to take a taxi to the Palace Station and it cost us $24 US dollars. Ouch. Wish I had've spent the extra money to just stay on the strip.

AkiSan's Profile Photo

Palace Station - Off the Strip and Fun!

by written on August 27, 2004

We've stayed at Palace Station many, many times. Formerly the Bingo Palace, it resembled a Motel 6 with a casino. Over the years Palace Station has grown: they've built a hotel tower, a multi-level parking garage, and they've enlarged the casino greatly. The photo shows the Tower.

The hotel is composed of the "tower" and the original Motel 6-like "Courtyard". Both have interior hallway areas and all rooms have electric locks, A/C, TV, etc.

To use the pool, ask for the Courtyard because the one of the two pools will probably be right outside our room. This also translates to noise from the pool area, but I don't mind. The rooms are older, but clean. We always ask for two beds which are full-sized, not queens. The rooms are small but sometimes go for as low as $19 a night!

The Tower is pretty new/renovated, less than 15 yeard old? All the rooms have newer everything: furniture, interiors, etc. Sometimes the rooms have coffeemakers. I heard from staff that it is due to either cleanliness issues (gotta clean all the carafes) or safety (hope the safety turn-off works). Tower rooms go anywhere from $29 to $159+ a night depending on the season. If there's a less than $20 difference between the Tower and Courtyard I'll take the Tower if I don't plan to use the pool just for the extra space in the Tower rooms.

We have gotten some nightmarish customer service in the past (Elliot at the front desk - cute minion of Satan? Tell me!) - checking in one night to a Tower room we were sent to a room that already had a guest in it, a room that didn't exist and a room that was so smoky (we're non-smokers) my eyes swelled up and I started wheezing when we opened the door. This was one night! We ended up eventually getting a room in the Courtyard and paying the Tower rate - about a $50/night discrepancy which was later refunded.

Other minor problems have been faulty door locks/keys that don't work, crazy long lines at the coffee shop and buffet, grumpy staff, but nothing really as bad as our problem with the room that one time.

Unique Quality: I like the hotel a lot, but I think they get a little stupid with their pricing: at times Courtyard rooms go for $99-they're worth $39 max. My philosophy in Vegas is that if you have to pay $100 for a room, try priceline.com - at least you have a chance to get a hotel that's worth it. I go to Vegas to gamble - even though I love this hotel, if they charge too much, I'll take myself and my money elsewhere. Why let them overcharge you on the room when they are going to get your money in the casino?

The thing about the Tower I don't like is that to get to the pools in the courtyard you have to walk across a small casino annex from the Tower on the main floor to the walkway to the Courtyard. It is not the casino proper you walk through, just an annex.

The casino is great, all the games, poker room, sports book, craps pit - but I go for the Bingo - yes Bingo - try it, you'll like it.

The restaurants are the best - a Mexican Restaurant & Cantina, a Seafood/Steak Broiler with a Seafood Bar, a great coffee shop (they serve green and jasmine teas if you ask), a buffet that will just kill you and an Irish Pub. There may be a snack bar or two that I missed. Food prices are good - they advertise this as a "locals" casino, so there are always food specials.

For entertainment there's a lounge that doubles as a nightclub on weekends. The Irish pub also has entertainment.

Sometimes they run an airport shuttle - check the website or call, it can save you some money. They also usually run a shuttle to the Tropicana Hotel and the Fashion Show Mall - again check.

Palace is part of the Station Casinos chain that has several hotels in Las Vegas. All of the other "Station" (Boulder Station, etc.) hotels are pretty new and they all have the same "feel" - active, lively, fun. There are a few properties that aren't "Stations" - Wild Wild West is like a motel for example. Some of the other Station properties have movie theaters and child-care also.

There's a Krispy Creme and a Starbucks at Palace - that's what I left out!

Directions: I think they are 2 miles west of the Strip on Sahara 1 block west of the I-15, could be less than 2 miles. You can't miss it.

MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

Good Cheap Rooms

by written on February 14, 2004

Stayed Monday to Friday and had one of their cheaper rooms.

It was very confortable and cheap - something like $24 a night. The prices go up for Friday/Sat/Sun nights.

This hotel is not on the Strip and you would not want to walk to get to the Strip - too hot! You can however take the complementary shuttle back and forth to the Strip - it's run all day! Very convenient!

Unique Quality: Cheap casino - if that's your interest (by that I mean you can play the roulette and card games with a lower entry fee).

Two swimming pools.

AC.

Reasonable food in the resturant.

Nearby Palace Station Hotel and Casino

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews