2411 W Sahara, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89102, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• hdv63's Profile Photo

The worst experience during our USA tour 2013

Nice building, good pub, but the hotel room and breakfast were a disaster .
    Room with a view on a fence
    Lousy bathroom
    The price was including breakfast, but if you wanted to visit the breakfast room, you had to go through a passport control (!). Never seen before. There was a row of waiting people that was familiar with passport control on an airport!! So we bought ourselves coffee and a croissant for breakfast somewhere else

Unique Quality: Noisy trucks coming and going in the night

Directions: Advice; never tke a courtyard room and forget the breakfast !!

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Just Off The Strip, But Nice

The tower rooms are very nice and well kept. We had one on the 17 floor. It was spacious with a view, a large shower, beds with support, and a flat screen tv.
    Ask for a room with a view towards Wynn.
    You will save some money by staying here, and there is a shuttle two times a night to take you near Treasure Island Casino on the strip.
    Try to make your reservation online, which sometimes has a better offer.

Unique Quality: We did not use the small pool. You have to walk through the entire casino.... to get to the free breakfast which was very very large. This was a bonus!
    I saw no one winning at the dice tables... which should tell you something.
    The Irish pub restaurant had great sandwiches.
    Our room was very quiet.
    Check in was not too long, however, you cannot usually check in too early.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Very Comfortable and Affordable

We stayed here on night and was really please with the room. We had gotten a room at the time that had faced the Strip. The view from our window that night was awesome. We had gotten take out and moved the table by the window, propped our feet on the window seal and enjoyed the view. It was a very nice room and very comfortable. The staff was really nice too. It is not too far off the strip, but not exactly walking distance, but only a short drive. Traffic is heavy on the Sarah Avenue, so be careful. Lots of places to eat though on this street and a grocery store is just down the road going north. As all the basic amenities too!

Yet, while I was phoning home to check on the kiddies on the pay phone, the gentleman next to me was on the other phone. When he had gotten off, his shopping bag was gone. I mean it was gone that quick. So keep a hold of your possessions everywhere you go. Security was on it right away.

Directions: If going east on the strip Las Vegas Blvd, hang a left onto Sahara Ave.

• Kimmie69's Profile Photo

"P" Station in Vegas

I wouldn't recommend the courtyard rooms. The shower is very dark and the shower head hangs very low. The rooms are also very small. I would pay the extra for a tower room. You don't really need to worry about a rental car because the hotel offers a free schuttle to the Fashion Mall and the Tropicanian every hour and they have a schuttle to and from the airport that is also free.

Unique Quality: Love the glass elevator and the fact that there was a subway in the hotel.

• Excellent value

I have stayed here several times, always in the older courtyard section. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. There are two small pools here, which are never crowded. The staff has always been friendly, and are eager to assist you in any way. They have late night specials at the Cafe, and and an excellent buffet. The Cabo bar/restaurant has excellent margaritas. When you check in at the hotel, they give you a coupon for a free drink as well. The negatives are few here. There isn't an elevator in the courtyard section, so you may have to carry your luggage up. Also, if you want a view like a strip hotel, you won't get it here. But if you want a pleasant hotel without the strip attractions, I highly recommend the Palace.

Unique Quality: It's near the downtown area, but away from the rough neighborhoods. Easy access to the strip, also.

Directions: approximately one block off north end of strip

• Close to strip and downtown, away from traffic

I've always had good experiences when staying at Palace Station, whether in the courtyard rooms or tower. I prefer the courtyard rooms for the close proximity to the pools, parking, and casino. Request a room not facing I15, as there is always traffic noise from there. But all other rooms are quiet. With the room savings, rent a car to get around. You'll have more freedom and a day's rental is about the cost of one taxi ride.

Unique Quality: More of a locals' place, no walking a mile to get from the room to the casino, good restaurants, great buffet.

Directions: Westside of I15, opposite Saraha Hotel on Saraha.

• justintobias's Profile Photo

Palace Station Hotel

I stayed here but it wasnt the most spectacular place. It was good for how much they charged which wasnt alot. Not located on the strip makes it inconvenient for travel if you do not have a car. Not really much to say about this place.

Directions: Not on the strip

• lovemycacti's Profile Photo

Just Make Sure You Read This

If you are considering a stay at Palace Station, please promise me that if you do - you will NOT - I repeat DO NOT make a telephone call from your hotel room! My boyfriend and I stayed at the Palace Station in April 2006 and got a pretty good web deal for $49.99 US$ a night. We stayed for two nights - but read on...

Like most travelers, we called home to let our family know that we got there safely. We called his parents for 1 minute. We called my parents for 6 minutes. Two days later when we checked out we got a telephone bill for $59.87 US!!!!!!!! Two itty bitty phone calls cost more than our hotel room!!! No where is this ignorant pricing posted in the hotel nor the room. In all fairness, it's not just Palace Station - all hotels in Las Vegas have outrageous phone charges - even local calls and 1-800 numbers have a "connection fee" and a base price of $1.00 per minute! PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN TRAVELING TO LAS VEGAS. Either bring your cell phone (watch those prices too) or bite the .50c charge to use a pay phone or get a prepaid calling card.

As far as our room, it had a good view, the hotel staff were friendly, no bed bugs, large comfy room and the free shuttle to and from the strip was nice. The shuttle drivers were quiet and didn't make small talk with anybody so we didn't tip them - which we normally do.

Keep in mind however that if you catch the red eye in or out of Vegas and you're staying at the Palace Station their free shuttle to the hotel stops at about 11:00pm or 11:30pm. After this time, a lot of other pay-as-you-go shuttles won't go to Palace Station they'll only go to The Strip. So, you have to take a taxi to the Palace Station and it cost us $24 US dollars. Ouch. Wish I had've spent the extra money to just stay on the strip.

• AkiSan's Profile Photo

Palace Station - Off the Strip and Fun!

We've stayed at Palace Station many, many times. Formerly the Bingo Palace, it resembled a Motel 6 with a casino. Over the years Palace Station has grown: they've built a hotel tower, a multi-level parking garage, and they've enlarged the casino greatly. The photo shows the Tower.

The hotel is composed of the "tower" and the original Motel 6-like "Courtyard". Both have interior hallway areas and all rooms have electric locks, A/C, TV, etc.

To use the pool, ask for the Courtyard because the one of the two pools will probably be right outside our room. This also translates to noise from the pool area, but I don't mind. The rooms are older, but clean. We always ask for two beds which are full-sized, not queens. The rooms are small but sometimes go for as low as $19 a night!

The Tower is pretty new/renovated, less than 15 yeard old? All the rooms have newer everything: furniture, interiors, etc. Sometimes the rooms have coffeemakers. I heard from staff that it is due to either cleanliness issues (gotta clean all the carafes) or safety (hope the safety turn-off works). Tower rooms go anywhere from $29 to $159+ a night depending on the season. If there's a less than $20 difference between the Tower and Courtyard I'll take the Tower if I don't plan to use the pool just for the extra space in the Tower rooms.

We have gotten some nightmarish customer service in the past (Elliot at the front desk - cute minion of Satan? Tell me!) - checking in one night to a Tower room we were sent to a room that already had a guest in it, a room that didn't exist and a room that was so smoky (we're non-smokers) my eyes swelled up and I started wheezing when we opened the door. This was one night! We ended up eventually getting a room in the Courtyard and paying the Tower rate - about a $50/night discrepancy which was later refunded.

Other minor problems have been faulty door locks/keys that don't work, crazy long lines at the coffee shop and buffet, grumpy staff, but nothing really as bad as our problem with the room that one time.

Unique Quality: I like the hotel a lot, but I think they get a little stupid with their pricing: at times Courtyard rooms go for $99-they're worth $39 max. My philosophy in Vegas is that if you have to pay $100 for a room, try priceline.com - at least you have a chance to get a hotel that's worth it. I go to Vegas to gamble - even though I love this hotel, if they charge too much, I'll take myself and my money elsewhere. Why let them overcharge you on the room when they are going to get your money in the casino?

The thing about the Tower I don't like is that to get to the pools in the courtyard you have to walk across a small casino annex from the Tower on the main floor to the walkway to the Courtyard. It is not the casino proper you walk through, just an annex.

The casino is great, all the games, poker room, sports book, craps pit - but I go for the Bingo - yes Bingo - try it, you'll like it.

The restaurants are the best - a Mexican Restaurant & Cantina, a Seafood/Steak Broiler with a Seafood Bar, a great coffee shop (they serve green and jasmine teas if you ask), a buffet that will just kill you and an Irish Pub. There may be a snack bar or two that I missed. Food prices are good - they advertise this as a "locals" casino, so there are always food specials.

For entertainment there's a lounge that doubles as a nightclub on weekends. The Irish pub also has entertainment.

Sometimes they run an airport shuttle - check the website or call, it can save you some money. They also usually run a shuttle to the Tropicana Hotel and the Fashion Show Mall - again check.

Palace is part of the Station Casinos chain that has several hotels in Las Vegas. All of the other "Station" (Boulder Station, etc.) hotels are pretty new and they all have the same "feel" - active, lively, fun. There are a few properties that aren't "Stations" - Wild Wild West is like a motel for example. Some of the other Station properties have movie theaters and child-care also.

There's a Krispy Creme and a Starbucks at Palace - that's what I left out!

Directions: I think they are 2 miles west of the Strip on Sahara 1 block west of the I-15, could be less than 2 miles. You can't miss it.

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

Good Cheap Rooms

Stayed Monday to Friday and had one of their cheaper rooms.

It was very confortable and cheap - something like $24 a night. The prices go up for Friday/Sat/Sun nights.

This hotel is not on the Strip and you would not want to walk to get to the Strip - too hot! You can however take the complementary shuttle back and forth to the Strip - it's run all day! Very convenient!

Unique Quality: Cheap casino - if that's your interest (by that I mean you can play the roulette and card games with a lower entry fee).

Two swimming pools.

AC.

Reasonable food in the resturant.

More about Palace Station Hotel and Casino

Palace Station - Good deal on rooms!

by TripAdvisor Member pippercat

We found dirt cheap rooms at Palace Station... right on their website - www.************* .We stayed the first two nights for $10.00 each, and the last two nights for $39.99 each. The last two nights would've been only $29.99 each, but we decided to go for a king-size bed for more comfort.The hotel is off the strip a few blocks, and isn't really within "safe" walking distance to much of anything, but it's pretty quiet there even though it is right next to the highway (15).The room we had, called a "Courtyard Room", was a tad on the small side, but who's really in their room all that much in Vegas anyway? It was clean, comfortable, very quiet, and very easy to get in and out of. We've stayed at other hotels in Vegas that make you weave in and around stuff so much that you're tired by the time you finally reach the elevators. Palace Station wasn't like that at all!They do offer "Tower Rooms" also. They are more expensive, but are probably bigger.They have some nice restaurants also. They even advertise a cheap "middle of the night" (11pm-6am) breakfast. Because of time zone differences, we were never awake for it though. We did eat breakfast in the restaurant that supposedly offers that cheap meal and it was good food!Overall, we were very happy with our experience there.

No disappointment here

Prior to going on my trip to Las Vegas I had read reviews of Palace Station and I was a little leary of what I would find upon my arrival.

The airport shuttle was on time and took us straight to the hotel...upon check in I ask for and was given an upgrade to the tower.
I found nothing wrong with the rooms, maid service was fine, and all the hotel personnel I came in contact with treated us great. Is it a 5 star...no but I found it clean and the rooms were fine. No complaints on the food or the casino.

Overall, yes, I would stay there again. Good job Palace Station.

Terrible's

by geostan

I hear that it offers free shuttle to and from the airport. Is this true and is the hotel a good value? I prefer to be near but not right on the strip.
Is there a better alternative?

by JonoMan

I've been to Vegas numerous times, but have never heard of this resort. Is there a reason why you prefer not to be directly on the strip? If it's due to saving money, check out the las Vegas Hilton. They are having a "summer sizzle" special, where on select dates through August 31, room rates are only $65.00!

by YVRDave

Not sure where you heard about the shuttle. It is not printed anywhere.
The Hilton is a great deal

by Sevsa

Terrible's is not far from the strip but I would put it a bit below average. A better choice off the strip would be Palace Station although I am not sure about them offering an airport shuttle. They do offer a shuttle to the strip although it isn't that far, but the strip being so long it depends on where you want to go on it. I have stayed at the Hilton also which has the monorail to the strip as a bonus but I found the hotel to be way too big and impersonal.

by kestral

I have heard bad things about staying at Terribles - but have heard there are some good coffee shop bargain meals.

I agree about Palace Station. They do have a shuttle to two locations on the strip, and several years ago they also had a shuttle to and from the airport. you would have to check that out to see if its still available.

but you can NOT walk to the strip from Palace Station. You'd have to cross several very busy on/off ramps to a highway, and it is quite a hike. And once you get to the strip walking, you are at the north end - still quite a ways from most strip attractions.

If you are willing to stay in an area too far to walk, you might as well go to the Orleans. Fantastic property, great rooms, lots of restaurants, good pool, good spa - and the place is huge. Oh, and really good room rates. They do have shuttles to their sister property, the Gold Coast. From there you can either get a shuttle to the strip or cross the street and get a shuttle from - oh, I forget- the Palms or Rio? to the strip.

And taxis to the strip from Orleans (or Palace station for that matter) will be inexpensive.

Again - why do you want to be off the strip? If the reason is not price, check out the Tuscany. That is within walking distance of the strip.

Comments