4381 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89104, United States

Costs 47% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Palms Place Hotel Spa

Absolutely Loved Palms Place

by TripAdvisor Member Busskee

I recently attended a conference for work out in Las Vegas and was booked by our agents to stay at the Palms Place. At first I was hesitant and tried to change since it was approximately 5 or more miles away from our conf. destination. SO GLAD THAT DIDN"T HAPPEN.. all other hotels were overbooked and couldn't accomodate. Walking in to my room I was totally breathless.. beautiful.. everything was exceptional, from the service at the front desk, to security, bellboys and even room service. It's (litterally) squeaky clean and everyone was extremely polite and friendly.
All three of their towers are connected and if you're not up for walking through the sky tube to the other towers (Fantasy and Playboy for the Casinoes) it's ok, they'll have someone drive you over there on these little Golf cars.. (fun)
There's so much to do there it was simply fabulous.. Restaurants bars and clubs... not to mention the breakfast buffet with the friendliest chef who entertains us with jokes as he cooks our omlettes..
If I didn't have to return to work so soon I'm sure just for the chance to stay a litlle longer in that hotel I would have extended my stay. I think if i'm ever headed that way again for business or pleasure.. it'll have to be the Palms Place...

Fell in love with Palms Place

by TripAdvisor Member Stevielle

I was planning a much needed vacation in March, and was looking on Trip Advisor for inspiration. I had not been to Vegas in 10+ years, and wanted to see a Cirque Du Soleil show, so, Vegas it was.

I was looking for good prices on Incrediblememoriestravelco.com, and found a good listing for The Palms. Booking what I thought was a room at the main hotel (I did not know that Palms Place had even existed), I was happy with the description and pictures.

Upon our arrival to the Palms, we wne to check in, and were told that we were actually staying in a brand new Palms tower located next door. The man at the front desk was very nice and offered to have a hotel limo take us to the tower, but we declined because we wanted to walk.

Upon getting to the tower, we were a bit confused because there wasn't any foot traffic. Upon getting to the front desk, the receptionist informed us that we were getting upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom suite. The woman explained to us that the hotel was BRAND new, they had yet to even have a grand opening.

After leaving the front desk, we were escorted to the elevator. We (my boyfriend and myself) loved to feel of the hotel: very sleek, modern, and sexy.

Our room was at the end of a long hallway. When we entered and turned on the lights, we were floored: It was amazing! Immediately to our left was a small powder room, and directly in front of us (down a long stretch of hallway) was an amazing view of Las Vegas. We walked straight ahead, and saw a full kitchen to the left. It had a full fridge and freezer, dishwasher, flat top stove, full service for four, a dining room table, everything!

To the right of that, was an amazing living room with flat screen TV and double sided fireplace, as well as a small balcony. Going through the living room and to the right was the bedroom, which included an amazing bed, flat screen tv, large balcony, and a bathtub! Next to the bedroom (other side of the wall from the bed) was the bathroom which included double sinks, 3 head shower (amazing!), seperate, secluded toilet and a flat screen tv.

The bubble light hanging in front of the sink was cracked, so we called to the front desk to let them know. The cracked light was not an issue, and did not affect our stay.

We then decided to explore the suite more, and discovered a nice vanity cove (most likely used for make-up application), huge closets with iron and ironing board, coffee maker, and washer and dryer!

Upon our return from the Cirque show, we wanted to use the bathtub located in the bedroom. We turned it on, and learned that the hot water was not working. By this time it was at least 2 am, but we really wanted to use it (how could you blame us), so we called the front desk. They told us that they would send someone to help us.

In about 10 minutes, a handy man came to our room. He was VERY nice, and quickly "solved" our problem. Apparently, our impatience got the best of us, because the hot water was actually working. The hotel was so brand new that the hot water just took a while to travel to our 12th story room. He told us that their were probably only 40 people total staying in the hotel.

Upon leaving, the staff was very helpfull with whatever we needed: suggestions where to eat, where to go for fun, directions, etc.

Overall, I would say the stay was fantastic, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone ans everyone! It will be money well spent!

ALWAYS check VRBO first!

by reevesderek about Lake Las Vegas Resort

When you searching for lodging in a particular area (anywhere in the world) ALWAYS check VRBO.com first!

VRBO is Vacation Rental By Owner. Many people that own condos enlist them on VRBO for rent - often times at EXTREMELY reasonable prices. As many people know, these days many new hotels build in a number of condos - this means that if you want to stay at a particular hotel you may find it on VRBO!

I've been using VRBO for several years now and have got fantastic rates at amazing places! For instance, in Las Vegas I stayed at the new Palms tower in Vegas. The Palms Place tower is all condos and you get your own private pool (as well as access to the main pool), I've also stayed at the Lake Las Vegas Resort. Other places I've booked through VRBO can be found on my other destination pages. A few reasons why VRBO is great: You save money. Instead of paying nightly for a room with a bed or two inside, you often are pleasantly surprised by bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and sometimes laundry rooms - all for prices lower than hotel rates! Now, you may think that the hotels are in a better location...that's not the case. I've stayed at places that are in MUCH better locations than any hotel! In Chicago I stayed in The Loop, fifty stories up in the heart of downtown. In Boston I stayed in Little Italy, next door to amazing restaurants and bars. Great places for great prices!

Palms condos ...well thought out

by TripAdvisor Member Faust777

Palms Place created a great medium. Just enough Vegas without being "too much Vegas".

A friend purchased a condo. I went out for the opening party. I expected super tacky and was very surprised the project turned out so well. A ton of time, consideration, and planning went into this development. Good job Palms.

Anything you might want is always within reach. At the same time you can back off and have everything arms distance away. Really like the versatility w/the layout.

Yes, the condo was nice, (modern/ clean lines). The balcony = grrreat view. Main highlight was the glass top dance floor on the pool. Overall I thought it was both classy and fun.

Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member babiexoxo

at 1st we booked an early check in but there was some miscommunication so we werent able to check in early but because of all that we ended up gettign a free upgrade to a one bedroom suite with corner wrap around balcony....views of the strip and the palms. we got into the clubs free by calling concierge and gettign line by passes and gustlists.....it was an awesome time, and it was a bachelorette party to say the least. the room was undescibable. the crowd is fun. and the 24/7 cafe is good and not pricey at all. the mexican restraunt is average prices and good as well....i would def go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vegas and the palms place ROCKS!!

Better than *any* room i've stayed at in vegas!

by TripAdvisor Member PatrickG11

Okay. So, we're (me and a couple of friends) are planning a vegas trip due to the NBA Summer League. Our ages range from early 20's to early 30's.. naturally, we wanted to stay at somewhere trendy and "happenin'"

After minutes of looking (what do you expect? We're guys!) we come across the Palms Place. Having never hearing of such a place before.. but knowing it was part of the Palms, we took a chance and booked a couple studios.

The room was SWEET! Ultra trendy. Everything was done in dark, contemporary colors. There's TWO (count 'em!) TWO HUGE 42 inch HDTV's. A fridge, a dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker (with coffee!) utensils, plates, a stovetop! Everything you could possibly need in a room. The bed was comfortable!

The bathroom was awesome. Nice waterfall showerhead. Nice lcd television next to the sink. Telephone next to the toilet (though, i've never understood the reasoning for that. I would imagine it'd be one hell of a deuce you'd be droppin' for a phone to come in handy!)

Of course the restaurants, clubs, and pool were top notch.

The hotel itself wasn't too busy. Like, ever. We literally walked up the check-in and within 5 minutes we were in our room. It was definitely something I wasn't used to!

The elevators were a nice touch. In order to select the floor of which your room is on, you have to put in your hotel key first and then select - otherwise it wont stop on the floor. Niiicee!

Nice touch with the 'do not disturb' function. There's a button you press inside your room which allows you to press whether you want housekeeping .. or whether you do not want to be disturbed. There's a light on the outside of your room which reflects which choice you made. Great feature. Very handy.

Newspapers were put on your door handle every morning.. say what?!

Booking this room was a good thing and bad thing.

The good being - the room was fantastic. Everything about it was trendy and just awesome.

The bad - well, now any hotel room I stay in that's *not* the Palms Place, is going to pale in comparison. I've stayed at hotels including Treasure Island, Flamingo, MGM Grand, Paris, and the Mirage .. and I can honestly say that not ONE of them has ANYTHING on the PALMS PLACE.

Get in now before the rates soar. Uber-swank hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member suegator

What a deal!! I booked this hotel for $99 thru TripRes.com for the first night which was a really great deal. What was even better was the Palms Place deal online which gets you a pool cabana for an additional $49 plus a dining credit. This hotel is new and you need to grab this deal before everyone else finds out what a sweet hotel it is. Sure, it's not on the strip, but it's not so damn crowded and mainstream either. The parking is a breeze and there is never a wait if you call down for your car. It's a boutique hotel which means a few less amenities but the service is more personal, less waits and no crowds. I read other reviews about the pool but it's bogus. The pool is perfect for swimming and lounging. The chairs are new, there are sofas and a fireplace area (even in July). The pool service is attentive. No, it's not Tao Beach but you can also don't have to see old fat guys ogling trashy girls and pay $450 for a day on a daybed. The water is deep and cold, not 3 feet deep with a tanning oil slick on top as with the European style clubs. There aren't many kids either.
The rooms are large, quiet and ultra modern. The kitchen appliances are top notch. The cutlery and stemware are cutting edge as well. Pick up some food and booze before you arrive.
The bathtub is huge with jets. Big enough for 2 people to lay down in. The shower design is unique with two nice shower heads. The lighting is modern and effective. The Ipod system is a nice thing to have. The bed is on a platform which is great for sitting on. The linens are high tread count and super soft. The comfortable sofa has tons of pillows for lounging. One big plus is that you have an outside balcony which is nice to get away from hotel a/c or to dry your suit quickly. Great views too.
Eat at Simon, the guy knows food and executes it well. Little Buddha has great sushi. The Playboy Club is overrated, but worth checking out., make sure to see the bathroom stall doors. The gaming tables at the Casino have low minimums and attentive cocktail servers.
I've worked for 5 diamond properties and this one is exceptional. These rates won't last long once everyone figures out the level of luxury just off the strip. I stayed at The Venetian at the tale end of this trip and wished I would've spent my entire trip at The Palms Place Hotel.

Good. And Bad.

by TripAdvisor Member blossom

When I found a great rate in June on the Palms Place website for a one bedroom suite, I was wowed by the online pics of the room, the big 1200 sq. foot room size, and really excited to book such a cool looking room for $179 a night for a quick getaway.

When we drove up Sunday afternoon to check in, no 1 bedroom units were yet ready. No problem, we went off to check out the Simon Restaurant and have lunch at the very cool restaurant. The service and food at the restaurant were good, and it was fun to overlook the pool area, which is very attractive, but small. The cabanas, use of which were included for one day in our room rate (otherwise about $250 a day) were not super impressive to me, pretty basic looking, though they did have a tv inside. After our lunch, we went back to the front desk, and our room was still not ready, and it wasn't ready until after 6pm, more than 3 hours after we arrived, which was kind of a disappointment for us, as we were just there for 2 nights. However, the front desk did comp us free drinks at the bar, and were very apologetic.

When we got to our room, it was a mountain view on the 52nd floor, and it all looked very cool and sleek, but nothing seemed to work! The faucet handle in the bathroom pulled off from the wall as soon as I turned it on, and the same thing happened to the kitchen faucet. Except for the phone by the toilet, none of the room phones worked. And the lights in the bedroom didn't work either, nor did the tv...we ended up having an electrical engineer come to our room to fix the lights and outlets and tv. And the bathtub jets turned on very loudly by themselves at about 1am, just as I was falling asleep, scaring me out of my wits!

The next morning the sleek room just seemed to be too much trouble, so we requested to be moved. The front desk kindly moved us to a strip view room, which turned out to be absolutely perfect. The fireplace and mood lights were lit beautifully, all the drapes were open just perfectly, and we had a nice strip view. Everything in this room worked beautifully. We felt like our vacation had finally begun.

So, all in all, this is a beautiful flashy hotel, though I think it's better for people who like very trendy decor, and the 20/30 year old demographic. The staff is very young and are not all as polished as they could be, but most of them make up for it with a good and friendly attitude. The spa is very nice, and my husband had a great facial and massage treatment. Not sure I'd return, right now the Signature at the MGM Grand is still my favorite, but I'm sure a lot of people will really enjoy this place.

the palms: terrific

by TripAdvisor Member KentuckyCardFan

the palms hotel and casino: terrific. My girlfriend and i stayed at the palms from july 15 thru the 18th. We were met at the airport by our driver from ods, who then took us to the palms in comfort and style. We arrived at the hotel about an hour before check in. The bell boy held our luggage while we enjoyed a couple of drinks at the lounge. at about 3pm the hotel called my cell phone to let us know our room was ready, the bell boy then took us and our luggage up to our great room. It had a great view of the strip and the pool, we were in a junior suite in the old tower on the 22nd floor the king size bed was great! We spent our days by the pool and our nights on the town. It was wonderful. A cab ride to the strip from the palms is about 8 dollars. But a 24hour bus pass is only 5 dollars and runs the entire strip,slow but you'll get there and save alot of steps. Had a great time at the palms and would definately refer the hotel to friends.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by TripAdvisor Member USTraveller123

The Good -

1. The layout of the room and furnishings were great. Great views.

2. Service was excellent. I was impressed in particular by the front desk -- they were more helpful than most concierges. When I asked for a place to print out boarding passes, they did it for me. When I needed directions they gave them to me and printed out a map. One of our party left his key in the room. We call the front desk and 3 minutes later the bellman is there with a replacement. The extremely attractive attendant in the fitness center was so helpful that I think it was almost worth the $30 fee (per visit).

3. The place was good value for the money, especially the $150 we paid on weeknights.

The Bad -

1. The hotel is a ways from the strip -- maybe a 20 or 30 minute walk.

2. The pool sucks. You can use the pool at the Palms Casino, which is much nicer. However, don't expect to see tons of topless babes, which brings me to the next point:

3. With the Playboy connection, etc., you might expect this would be a great place to meet women and party. Well, so does every other guy who decided to stay here. If you're male and this is on your agenda, Wynn would be a better choice, based on what I saw at both places.

4. This is not a good choice for the over 40 crowd.

The Ugly --

1. The Playboy Club. Definitely overrated, and nothing like what I'd expected.

Based on the quality of the rooms, service, and the price this is an excellent hotel.

Caesar's or Palms PLACE?

by nytravelgirl

It looks like I can get a good deal on staying at Caesar's or renting a private condo room at the Palms PLACE (not regular Palms hotel). It seems that Caesar's is more central, but we're willing to walk a little (if it's not too far!) if the Palms PLACE is nicer. This will be our first time to Vegas, and we only have a weekend. What do you all recommend??

by traveltime08

I'd go with Caesar's since it is your first time and your time is limited. There is a monorail that connects many of the casinos, so you can casino hop, but Caesar's itself has the Forum shopping complex which is a must see- just for the fantastic special effects and people watching. You'll also be close to many of the free things to see at night- the exploding volcano and the pirate ship invasion that occur outside- vsiting Caesar's is sort of a tradition. You'll also have access to many different restaurants in the Forum.

by acprincess

Caesar's is way more convenient.

If you stay there, be sure to go to Payard's bakery for breakfast (or an afternoon snack.)

by beaches31

Caesar's Palace is right in the middle of the strip, you dont spend much time in your room at vegas anyway go for best location.

by neverstoptravel

The exploding volcano at Mirage? No, it's under construction and will be re-opended till the end of the year.

Well, I will have the same suggestion that it's better to stay at Caesar's, for everything.

by kenstan

Caesars unless you are getting a great deal at the Palms. The Palms is about a 1/2 mile walk to the strip and you are getting a condo instead of a hotel room but unless you are going to spend a lot of time in your room Caesars is a much better location.

by Farang27

Palms is too far to walk but it is right across the street from the rio which has the best buffet in vegas. Caesars is amazing do caesars.

Comments