Planet Hollywood Towers

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Planet Hollywood Towers

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member Carla086

Everything about our stay was above expectations! I was a little nervous to stay in the "towers" because they are so new and I could not find many reviews associated. We were able to check in early (around 11am), the 1 bedroom suite has floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom and the living area. There is a large jacuzzi tub in the bedroom! There is a drop down projector (movie theatre style) tv. My boyfriend enjoyed watching the basketball games on the big screen. A full kitchen with stove and refrigerator (great to store the vodka!). It was quiet - probably due to the fact that most people don't even realize it's open. Very convenient to be able to walk over to the Planet Hollywood Casino, enjoyed the shops on the Miracle Mile. We will be back this summer! Can't wait to use the pool!

A wonderful VEGAS experience!!

by TripAdvisor Member sarahlynae

My husband and I stayed here with another couple while attending the WCC basketball tournament during the first weekend in March. We booked a two bedroom suite and for the price it was well worth it!! Our friends checked into the hotel before we arrived and did encounter a few issues one being that the trash had not been taken out and it left quite an odor in the room the other issue was that a cupboard door had fallen off when opened. A quick call to the front desk and the issues were resolved without any problems. As stated by other guests the hotel is located in the Miracle Mile Shops which, if you are unaware is located in the center of the strip across the street from the Bellagio and City Center. It is a quick walk through the mall and you are in the center of everything!! There are also quite a few cheap-moderately priced dining options housed inside the Miracle Mile Mall.

Spacious doesn't even begin to describe the room! It was huge!! There was a full kitchen with bar as well as a dining room table with seating for eight. The furniture was new and modern, which also included a large red leather sectional perfect for relaxing! The windows were floor to ceiling and with the touch of a button the shades were drawn and you are able to watch the projection screen TV (there is a flat screen in the living area to use while the shades are open). Our room was on the 10th floor which gave us an excellent view of the new City Center area however, our view of the Bellagio was obstructed by the Planet Hollywood Hotel.

The master bedroom was extremely large and included a king size bed, walk in closet and large sitting area with a great view of the City Center. There was a separate bathroom with a jetted tub, shower and double sinks. The second bedroom was not nearly as large as the master yet, as spacious as standard hotel room. Near the second bedroom there is a second bathroom with a walk-in shower and separate toilet area. Each bathroom had plenty of towels as well as shampoo, conditioner and bar soap.

We couldn't have been happier with our accommodations and would highly recommend to anyone! The two bedroom suite is a great way to have the amenities such as living room and kitchen which allow you to decompress from all of the excitement that Vegas has to offer. Everyone in the group was in agreement that we would definitely stay here again! While it is a timeshare there was hardly any pressure to attend a seminar and the only time the topic was brought up was at check in.

A few caveat's... It felt as if they were in a rush to open the hotel which you can tell in some of the details and craftsmanship. A quick example... several dressers and cabinets were missing knobs but, had the holes drilled for them (Not really a big deal but, it was evident throughout the room). Our room was not serviced at all the first day! We finally had to hit the button located near the front door which I suspect sends a notification to the front desk to send the maid service. It wasn't long and someone was at our door to clean our room. We made sure to hit the button the second day and didn't have a problem. Lastly, the hotel was not very sound proof. We could hear the noises of rooms from either above or below us (we couldn't tell).

Exceeded Expectations but BEWARE of $50.00 resort charge!!!

by TripAdvisor Member qtpie4eva2

I stayed at the Planet Hollywood Towers by Westgate from 3/14/2010-3/20/2010. I was a little skeptical at first because there were almost no reviews. I am SOOOO glad we stayed at this hotel because it was QUIET like a hotel should be whether it is in Vegas or not; HOWEVER, let me beware you of the fifty dollar resort charge which includes nothing of use but the water bottles.

Pros:
- It was actually on Harmon Street but was connected to the strip by the Miracle Mile Mile. It was a very short walk to get to the strip (probably 1 or 2 minutes) and you felt safe (especially at night) because we didn't have to walk along Harmon to get there.
- The first pro was a pro because since it wasn't RIGHT on the strip, it was not loud on the street at all. If we had stayed at the Planet Hollywood hotel we would have heard people screaming all night (yes, people actually screaming). We only heard traffic a few times and it was mainly when a few ambulances would go by with their sirens on. Other than that it was quiet.
- I was worried about our neighbors being loud but they put us in the end of a hallway so we didn't ever hear people in the hallway and I don't know if we had anybody around us. One time a few guys were obviously checking in and were screaming in the hallway when we were walking by saying they were going to be loud so I was glad they were not in the room next to us.
- Kept VERY CLEAN!!!
- It was brand new and very modern.
- I like the king bed.
-There were 9 pillows on the bed plus two in the closet!
- They gave us plenty of towels.
- The air conditioner work GREAT!
- The tub was jetted.
- We never had to wait for an elevator and there were only three times that we had to ride with other people out of the WHOLE TRIP!!!!
- The toilet room had a door on it so you could go to the bathroom while someone else was showering or doing something at the sink.
- There was a mirror in the shower which is great for the men to shave their face and the ladies to shave their armpits. I found it most useful for removing my makeup in the shower.
- There was a makeup mirror attached to the wall at the sink.

Cons:
- They charged us a $50.00 resort charge!!!!!! (YES I SAID FIFTY DOLLARS). I was shocked since some websites said it was $5. IT DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE INTERNET. It included the fitness room (which I don't use on vacation when I came to explore the area, not work out), the newspaper which we never wanted to read, and two water bottles. One day they tried to give us one bottle. We went and told the front desk and someone sent two to our room. I was like there is no way they are cheating us out of any more money!!
-They replaced the towels everyday which I was obviously shocked about since Nevada is on a water restriction. Every other hotel I have been to on the east coast has a "green" promotion going on where if you hang your towels up then they don't wash them and if you put them on the floor they do. This saves water and the amount of detergent going into our water system. I did not like that my towels were replaced every time I showered because they weren't even dirty.
- We had 5 things planned where companies had to pick us up and drop us off and only one agreed to pick us up/drop us off at our hotel. The other ones told us to walk to planet hollywood "because they wouldn't go to that hotel" whatever that means. Even the airport shuttle people made us walk with our luggage from the planet hollywood valet to the planet hollywood towers and back through the parking garage.

Opened January 2010, should close immediately!!

by TripAdvisor Member pamandjustin

Where do we start.... Let's start with our arrival. We had stayed in Newport Coast for 7 nights and were spending our last 2 nights in Las Vegas. We were really excited to end our trip in Vegas (we had never been)... but ended up being VERY disappointed. It began with our arrival to the hotel. After driving 4 hours and needing to get the rental car back before having to pay an extra fee for being late we decided we'd see if we could get our room early or get our bags checked so we wouldn't have to worry about them. As we pulled up it was difficult to get into the hotel. There was no entrance to the hotel when driving down the road that the hotel entrance is located on. We had to drive down the road turn left onto another street, turn around and then come back to get into the entrance. We then pulled up to what we thought was the reception area and it was the valet area (they didn't have a reception area). My boyfriend parked the car and then was told he needed to move the car even though we just wanted to see if there was a room available and would be leaving shortly. While he spoke to the valet people I went to see if there was a room and of course there wasn't which was okay because it was 12 and check in wasn't until 4 so that was understandable then the front desk told me we could get our luggage checked in ..perfect! So I went down and told my boyfriend this so we unloaded the luggage and as I waited with the luggage and for someone to help me my boyfriend went to park the car. As I stood there with all of our luggage numerous cars came in and were helped and I stood there waiting for some help ... no one even noticed me!! I couldn't ask them to help me because I didn't want to leave our luggage alone. As I waited my boyfriend drove around trying to find parking in the parking garage and came back with the car... there was no parking! Finally we were helped and as the luggage was being checked my boyfriend went to the front desk to let them know what was going on... they said there was a room available now... funny how that can just happen within 20minutes! After the luggage was checked we went to drop the car off and by this time I was late with the car so I had to pay a charge..not happy about that. When we went back to the hotel we went to our room it seemed quite nice at first glance but later we found many things that made it not so nice. Before I explain the room I'll let you know how long it took for our luggage to come to our room.... 2 hours!!! We had called down for it to come up and were told it would be brought up so we went for a walk to experience Las Vegas and when we got back our luggage still wasn't there! We called down and it took FOREVER before anyone would answer the phone and when someone finally did they didn't know where our luggage was or why it was taking so long for it to come to our room. My boyfriend had said he would just go get it himself but they wouldn't allow him to so finally after many phone calls and going down to the front desk we finally got our luggage!

THE ROOM
As we walked in the door it seemed like a nice room, nothing spectacular but a nice room. We soon found out it wasn't as nice as it looked. It was cold when we walked in so we turned the AC off but after leaving the room for many hours and came back it was still cold this was because there was a vent by the window that allowed the air from outside to come into the room and not only did the cool air come into the room it made the street noise very apparent, especially when we were right beside a parking garage. The furniture was very dusty, the desk, the coffee table, the window ledge, you name it, it was dusty! The drain in the bathroom wouldn't drain properly (I'm not a big fan of seeing my toothpaste spit), the shower curtain was 2 feet too long for the tub, and the water pressure from the shower head was horrible. You had to hold the diverter knob up for some time to get the shower head to come on. I have short hair and it took me a long time to rinse the shampoo out of my hair, I would hate to be someone with long hair in the shower!

Customer Service
To put it in simple form...........THERE WAS NONE!!! No one ever seemed to pick up the phone and when they did they either couldn't answer the question right away, they hung up or transferred you to various lines. Front desk staff was incompetent and uncaring. The two front desk managers that my boyfriend dealt with were not well trained and the one didn't even know the hours to the pool when asked! (I'd say that's a pretty simple question). We were given a $75 dollar meal credit to use at one of the restaurants but everytime we went to use it there was still a room charge and the first time we used it the manager had not left a note in our room information so the front desk had no clue what we were talking about. The morning we checked out we wanted to check our credit balance for the restaurant and were told we had $30 left to spend, we then went for breakfast, spent $27 and came back to check out and there was still a balance owing of $27. When we went to check out the lady was nice to us but then we told her our room number and her attitude and body language changed quickly! We aren't people who complain about where we stay. We both have worked in the hotel/restaurant field for many years and know what it's all about. This place was just horrible! We will never go back to this hotel again it ruined our first experience of Vegas and made our relaxing trip end in a very stressful trip!!!!!!!

One last tid bit of information.............TIMESHARE
We like timeshares and have been on many tours and know what it's all about. We would like to own someday but we're waiting for the right time. We will never own at this place! As soon as you walk in the door you are hounded by the staff. They are in your face at all times. You walk into the lobby they are there bothering you about it, you walk into the miracle mile and you are hounded by the timeshare people, you walk out of the casino you are hounded once again. I think we were asked about 20 times in the 2 nights we stayed. We did inquire about it because we figured why not get some free spending money for the casino but we soon found out that it seemed like a big SCAM. As I said before we have been on quite a few presentations with other timeshare companies and have NEVER been asked for a deposit, our driver's license or our credit cards!!! The planet hollywood towers timeshare people asked for all of those things. We were actually told to cover our number on our credit card when the tour guide would ask us for our credit card. We were told this was just to see it was us and to prevent identity theft which doesn't sound right at all. There is no need to see your credit card unless you are purchasing!! It seemed like a major scam and we backed out of the tour right away!!!!

DON'T BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!! A huge disappointment and made our experience to Vegas unforgettable for all the wrong reasons!!!! :(

Excellent Addition to Vegas!

by TripAdvisor Member BriStef

Ok so the PH Towers is a great addition to the central strip. It may not be literally on the strip like the PH or Bellagio but it seriously is a 4-5 minute walk either through one side of the Miracle Mile Mall or down the sidewalk. Harmon and Las Vegas Blvd. has been so redone because of the City Center it killed a lot of the distance to the strip itself.
Originally I was unsure of whether to get the Studio or 1Bdrm King Suite. My main concern was the Jacuzzi spa tub in the bedroom; this can only be found in the 1Bdrm Suite and up. it is not located in the Studio, you only get a jetted tub/shower combo; plus there is only a kitchenette not a full kitchen in the Studio. upon arrival I asked if I could get a higher floor room and they were happy to do that. I wouldn't pay extra for a higher floor, just asked at arrival.
One thing is for sure if you MUST HAVE the loud casino and crowds on the way to the elevators then you might be disappointed. Don’t get my wrong my wife and I love enjoying Vegas but one positive thing for us was when finally headed back to the room it was calm and quiet. The PH casino and mall are only steps away anyway.
There are no actual restaurants in the PH, they just claim all the mall and PH restaurants as available but nothing is IN the hotel itself. Valet parking is a must as the parking structure is pretty far plus you'd have to walk through the mall with all your luggage to get to the PH Towers and the PH for that matter. Valet is free as usual and very quick given the smaller amount of people in and out, as opposed to the 20 min wait at places like Caesars, Venetian, or Bellagio.
Check out the pictures I posted for detail on the 1Bdrm. That’s pretty much it, no real Cons to this place. The price is excellent for now, the staff were awesome, no timeshare pressure at anytime for us, and everything is BRAND NEW...

A Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member NorCalSooner

We had a wonderful time at the Towers. The room was spotless with a beautiful view of the Strip since the entire wall is glass. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The lobby opens out into the Miracle Mile shops so there are plenty of restaurants, shops, and, of course, the Planet Hollywood Hotel Casino. We couldn't have asked for more.

checked into a dirty room, after 3 request and 7 hrs later, room still untouched.

by TripAdvisor Member honestreview2

We checked In early.....MISTAKE! The Room Had Not Been Cleaned And After calling the front desk, speaking with The concierge twice, 7 hours later, it was in the same condition. We then requested another room ( it was not offered) preferrably on the same floor and ended up one level down......but thankfully in a clean room ( it was late by now). the suites are nice with tvs in all the rooms,enough seating for lounging, a comfy bed, and a full kitchen. There was also a washer/dryer unit in the bathroom (didn't use it). I was not a fan of the black toilette. It doesn't seem that cleaning the jacuzzi or the hallways ( A bit of an odor in the hallway) are a priority. Whatever you do, don't do a time share presentation........Carlos is rude and pushy. The mall connected to the towers is convenient, somewhat simple and most stores are reasonably priced.

Fantastic Stay

by TripAdvisor Member rupking

I was in Vegas for back to back conventions and ended up staying at 3 different hotels while in town. I stay here my last 4 nights and the towers far and away exceeded my every expectation I had. From the moment I entered the room, everything was perfect and the bells and whistles didn't stop. Whether it be the HD projection TV, the massive hot tub, the extremely comfortable bed, or the granite counter tops, this room exceeded my expectations. It has a cool 6 chair dining room table, a sweet leather sectional sofa, and a killer chair in teh bedroom overlooking the strip. The bed was so soft I slept through the night which is uncommon for me. The lobby is modern, check in was easy and they bumped me up a few floors. Did I have to walk to the casino... yes, but the walk was no different then other walks between newer rooms and casinos at other strip properties. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was extremely roomy. The staff was great, the concierge was extremely helpful, and the front desk was very pleasant. I did not get to use the pool. The crowd is a little younger at PH, but I didn't mind. I ate several times at Earl of Sandwich, nice and reasonable, at the PF Changs, the Buffet, and the cafe. Avoid the cafe, but all others were excellent. The pleasure pit is fun in the evenings, and they have a fantastic center bar in the casino at night. It was easy access to mid-strip. I self parked a rental car and parked on the same level as the lobby. It will take a lot for me not to stay here again, this is my favorite room on the strip for now. Lastly, I never got pushed to do a time share presentation.. EVER not even at check in. Also, one of the guys at the same convention, checked out of his room and checked into the PH towers he was so impressed, and he was booked at a 4 star. 2 others from my company were at palms place and thought they were all cool until they saw my room. Their jaws hit the floor, it was classic. Can't say enough....

We did not like this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Likeness

Upon check-in, they put us in a dirty room. It took awhile to get in touch with the people that could do something, so my husband went down and got us moved to another floor. The hallway outside the new room was filthy and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. There was a dirty room service cart outside that stayed there for two days. They have no place to put your luggage to unpack it except on the bed. There is plenty of room for luggage racks in the room. They just don't have any. The AC doesn't cool the room off very well and the wind kept blowing our outside vent open causing a loud whistling noise. My husband finally put the iron over the flap to keep it shut.

We discovered that to get to the casino, you have to walk through the mall and it takes about ten minutes to get there. Once there, half of their machines were down because Harrah's has bought Planet Hollywood Resort and they were converting their machines over to Harrah's rewards. So for our entire stay, we had no machines that were up that I wanted to play on.

The girl that checked us in was not friendly at all. When we complained about the machines and asked if we could move to another hotel, she lied to us and told us that this hotel had no connection to the Planet Hollywood at all and that there was nothing she could do. There is a sign in the lobby with the towers and it plainly says......Planet Hollywoods newest member. Also, you can charge your meals at Planet Hollywood on the room too. They were also getting their system shut down because of the changeover with Harrah's.....I stood there and looked at her and said PH Towers......Planet Hollywood Towers and she shook her head no and said they had nothing to do with Planet Hollywood. I realize they are owned by Westgate, but the two PH's are still connected.

The maid that cleaned our room was very nice and the guy that checked us out was very nice.

On our second night, the people in the room next to us were having a ummmm party?? It went on until 5am and the walls to our rooms are so thin, we could hear everything. We wound up checking out after two night and getting a room at the "M". (iMagine) It was wonderful!!

The Strip has changed since we were there before too. It is very crowded and dirty. There are a bunch of guys outside flipping these little business size cards at you and making funny clicking noises. The cards have pictures of scantily clad girls on them and there are tons of them laying on the ground everywhere. There are trash cans filled to overflowing and the trash is just laying on the sidewalks. Also, do not use Showtime Tours for transportation to and from the airport. See my review about them. They will not take you directly to PH Towers, but take you to PH Resort. Then you have to drag your bags through the mall to PH Towers.

I think the PH Towers is probably a hotel best suited for young people. The Strip is best suited for young people. It has become massive and overwhelming. We really enjoyed our stay at the M in Henderson. When we come back to Vegas, we will stay there.

Overall Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rolyat73

We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was very, very nice. The following are some of the pros: Comfortable bed, nice pillows, great view (we were on the 35th floor), and fast elevators. Cons: no room service, had to get our own towels. You have to understand that this is a time share facility so they do not provide the normal room service as other hotels do. You have to request for it or just hail down the maid when you see them in your hallway. You also have to empty your own trash, just place the trash outside your door and someone will eventually pick it up. Very modern room, great kitchen, and yes the water in the shower is slow but it is quite sufficient enough to bath yourself. I like how it is linked to the mall. We do however plan on coming back next year for one of there vacation packages except will get a two bedroom suite since we will have additional guests. Looking forward to it and the staff was great. We arrived o/a 1030 and they let us check into our room and when i called to have our luggage relocated to our room it arrived within 10 minutes.

Famed Glitter Gulch Sign On Fremont Street in VegaFamed Glitter Gulch Sign On Fremont Street in Vega

MGM - home of $25 buffetsMGM - home of $25 buffets

The Wynn Hotel LobbyThe Wynn Hotel Lobby

another b'day-what a way to goanother b'day-what a way to go

transportation from Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Las Vegas Hilton

by indypatty

My husband & I will be needing transportation from the HGVC/Las Vegas Hilton to the Palazzo on The Strip. The monorail does not stop at or near the Palazzo. It's a lengthy walk from Harrah's...what in-expensive mode of transportation do you suggest we use ?

Thanks

by xymmot

A bus,or walking, but there are hassles just carrying the luggage around. Easy one is bite the bullet and get a cab, be there in 10 minutes barring no traffic. You ca always as if the hotel has a courtesy van?? Good Luck Cheers Tommy x

by indypatty

Thanks Tommy! Thankfully, we won't be carrying luggage, just going to a show at Palazzo. :-)

by Agraichen

LV has great bus sercice but walking that short distance may be the best. Cab is always an option but depending on traffic could be expensive.

by swissfondue

Its only a ten to 15 minute walk. The most lengthy part is getting from the monorail station through Harrah's and out onto the strip. From there its only a couple of blocks north to the Palazzo. If mobility is an issue its only a short taxi ride. Not sure of the cost.

by pepsi2

Wynn do a free bus from the monorail to wynn or the ace bus goes to wynn now

Comments