Rio All Suite Hotel And Casino

Booking.com Orbitz.com VEGAS.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• One of the best

I would recommend this to anyone who would listed. Tons of things to do. We would go again if we were not so far away (South Carolina) as when we lived in San Diego we went there at least 2 time a month

Unique Quality: Even though we wer not royalty, we somehow always felt like. Keep up the good work!!

• NaughtyArty's Profile Photo

Rio Suites Review

Stayed two nights at the Rio in early January 2012. Got a room on the 14th floor of the Masquerade Tower. Big room, clean, not ultra modern by only slightly dated. The bathroom could use updating, as could the TV and sofa. Our sofa had a couple ugly stains and was definitely 5-7 years old. Still comfortable though. The TV was a 27" tube style, and the color kept cutting in & out on us. They need to update that to a nice new plasma flat screen.

Check in was quick, but we weren't there at a peak time. I did see a huge line in the afternoon the next day (Sunday). We did the remote checkout via the TV in the room, which was convenient.

Only ate one meal at the Rio, which was a late lunch the day we arrived. Got a Meatball sub and Pastrami on Rye from the Deli next to the Sports Book area. Excellent sandwiches, but pricey. It ran me $14 for the sandwich and a bottled water. Got coffee and a donut from the little breakfast/coffee shop located in the casino next to the Masquerade Tower elevators. $6 for those, but good.

Drink service was generally good overall, but somewhat sparse in the section of the casino that's mostly slots & video poker towards the Seafood Buffet end. There were plenty of bars you could walk up to yourself if you wanted though.

Unique Quality: Pool was closed for the season. We didn't see any shows here either, other than the free "Show in the Sky'.

We went up the the Voodoo Lounge on the 51st floor for drinks one night. No wait on a Sunday night, or cover charge. The view was great, and they had heaters running outside on the balcony so we didn't freeze. (It was 38 degrees at the time.)

Got into a Texas Hold'em tournament. The poker room was decent, but not fancy. The dealers were generally quiet, almost too much so. Several rookie players could have used more direction to keep the game flowing better.

Directions: Off Strip, next to I-15. The only casinos within walking distance on this side of the highway are the Gold Coast (next door) and the Palms (across the street & down).

• Sassafrasskass's Profile Photo

Suites galore!

Definitely a place to return too!

I recommend this hotel to anyone!

Beautiful, large, CLEAN suites!

Amazing views of the Vegas skyline & mountains!

Always booming & a sight to see!

Shuttles to Harrahs & Ballys were convenient & helpful - the drivers were courteous & funny.

The restaurants were fabulous, especially the buffet!

VooDoo Lounge = Magnificent - no words can describe the views - I'm getting excited thinking back!

The 'Show in the Sky' was quite the show - yes we got beads ;) yay Mardi Gras!

The floats & dancers were entertaining.

Check in / out were quick & easy & the front desk helped out as best as they could!

Unique Quality: Great views - the best!

Directions: Just off the strip!

• Rawicz's Profile Photo

Rio in Vegas

Rio hotel is not the best or the most expensive in Vegas, but is OK.

Unique Quality: I like the swimming pool with artificial beach.

• doug48's Profile Photo

good

the rio is a very nice all suite hotel located on flamingo blvd west of the interstate. the only draw back to this hotel is it's location. they offer a free shuttle to harrahs on the strip. if you want to deal with the transportation issue the rio is an excellent value.

Directions: flamingo road west of the interstate.

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

Fun for a group at the Rio

We did the Rio for a girls weekend.
    We spent the days at the pool, so being off the strip was a non-issue for most of the time.

We also caught the Chippendale's while we were there, and since they are in the Rio, it was certainly convenient.

The shuttle to Harrah's saved us from a few cab rides, which is always a good thing in Vegas

Unique Quality: Lively atmosphere

Decent pool area (not the best one out there though!)

All Suites - so we comfortable put 3/4 girls in a room, keeping the price low (think it kept the rooms at about $50 per night per person)

Great All Seafood buffet on site

Free Shuttle to/from Harrah's

Directions: Off Strip, across from the Palms hotel

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

The Rio

We were a bit spoiled as we were able to bypass all the lines curtesy of a former employee of my wife who is "a player" in LV. Comp limo, and VIP treatment at check-in really made the trip quite enjoyable. Add to that access to the private "VIP" lounges with comp drinks and food without the noise of the casino's main floor really was a treat.

Unique Quality: Las Vegas hotels tend to be noisy, boisterous, and sometimes ill-kept. Not so with the Rio. The "all suite" format is a great location even if it is off the strip a bit. Although the main floor of the casino has the typical "noise," it can not be heard in the hotel, unlike some sites.

The rooms are large and well appointed. If you work even when traveling for pleasure, this is one place not to be missed.

Directions: Exit I15 at Flamingo; you can't miss the site.

• midnight_mike's Profile Photo

Great hotel, bad location

The hotel room was amazing. There were ceiling-to-floor windows in the room, with a great view of the Las Vegas Strip. It is right across the street from the Palms. I wish it was closer to the Strip, however. There are shuttle buses between the Rio and Harrah's.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Rio!

I spent an entire day at Rio and thoroughly enjoyed this spot. The buffet was the best, hands down, in Vegas, and I mean even better than the Bellagio buffet. The free "Masquerade in the Sky" show was nice, though a bit overdone with all of the hanging floats and jesters, but, all in all enjoyable. The shops here were nice, and with the World Series of Poker going on a very busy spot. The girls here were fabulous, not the drink girls, but just the waitresses in general, guys, you have to check out the refereee-clad cuties working at IBar, not to m,ention the cuties at Bikinis. Voodoo Lounge was very nice as well. i would recommend this suite-only hotel to anyone, and as a bonus the strip is not too far away as there are free shuttles to Harrahs on the strip.

Unique Quality: This place is like Mardis Gras every hour... beads everywhere. But, seriously, the baby lobster tails in the buffet, mmm, with butter, mmmmmmmmmmm

Directions: Off of the strip on Flamingo Rd.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

The Suite is Nice

I stayed at the Rio with a friend in 2004 (or was it 2003?). They call it a suite, but it's really just a large room with a wall separating the sleeping and dressing area. The bathroom was nice, and the dressing area with sinks and mirrors outside the bathroom was perfect for primping!

This was the only time I've stayed off the strip, and it was only a minor inconvenience. They had a regular shuttle to Harrah's, which is a sister property, and it's right across the street from The Palms.

The Rio also has a nice Wine Bar.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

"Best hotel value in the world"

During a night tour through the city of Las Vegas we visited The Rio. It's situated just outside The Strip . At that moment we didn't know it was voted "Best hotel value in the world" and "Best overall hotel in Las Vegas".

Unique Quality: To be honest, our interest didn't go out to these prizes won by the hotel. What we liked was the fact that the all glass walls of the building afforded us beautiful views of The Strip. Especially at night it's great to see all the neon lights and the shows played at The Strip.

Directions: It's situated just outside The Strip.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino

The Rio is a lcolorful latin themed all suite hotel located just off the Strip on Flamingo Road. I didn't stay here as The Palms had a better rate, but I've heard and read that the suites are pretty spacious by Las Vegas standards.

At night, the Rion is a pretty ostentacious display of bright lights and Las Vegas neon. It has a collection of bars and clubs, as well as a pretty good buffet.

Directions: About a mile from the Strip and across the street from The Palms

• Luisanna's Profile Photo

Rio

One of my favorite hotels in Las Vegas. This hotel I could say is always jumping. The atmosphere is great.

Unique Quality: As you may all know all the rooms are suites, which make your stay really pleasant. The rooms are really big with private bath, the vanities are specially nice. One nice thing about checking out you can do it from your own room...your bill will be sent via e-mail. If your short on time this is the way to do it.

By the way I didn't win not one dime on my last stay!!

Directions: Off the strip

• Emmjai's Profile Photo

Carnival Time

An economical, off strip accommodation, with a great pool, good sized rooms, and a great buffet.

Unique Quality: Its main drawback is that is isn't on the strip, so getting to and from the Rio and other LV casinos is more challenging, (no bus/Trolley/Monorail route), thought there is a shuttle to and from Harrahs.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Its a party all day long

We have stayed here one time and it was really great. We were in the Masquerade Tower which is right off of the Masquarade
    Village. Best part of the casino for fun. Not the best for gameing:).This is an off strip property but not far at all. If we werent always comped elsewhere we would stay here again.

Unique Quality: The pool area is so nice!! I wish I had a picture to show you but I dont.Here is a website that features many vegas pools.
    www.vegas.com/resorts/pools/
    This is an all Suites hotel and very nice indeed. There are 16 restaurants here. 2 of them are Buffets. The Seafood buffet is open for dinner only but be sure and bring your appitite.Another really neat aspect of this hotel is the Masquerade in the Sky that happens daily at 3:30, 4:30,5:30,7,8,9,&10p.m. in the Masquerade Village Casino. The Scintas are a great show also and if they are still there worth it to see.

Directions: Head North on Las Vegas Blvd. Turn left on Flamingo Rd. It will be on your right.Follow the sugns to park.702-252-

More about Rio All Suite Hotel And Casino

Rio Hotel/CasinoRio Hotel/Casino

The Rio CasinoThe Rio Casino

"Show it the Sky" at the Rio Casino."Show it the Sky" at the Rio Casino.

Pic of Carnaval show in Rio casino hotelPic of Carnaval show in Rio casino hotel

Rio Suites-will it suit me ?

by ciare

I'm going to LV in November on my own, for about 10 days.

I am spending three nights at the Golden Nugget.

I have been to LV last year, so wish to stay in a an off strip hotel, with a good shuttle service to the strip.

As I'll be by myself, I will be spending quite a lot of time in my room, so prefer a suite, to just a room, with a fridge(if possible)

I've been looking at The Rio all suites, and it looks nice, but is it near to food places, shops etc, as I don't want to be eating in the hotel all the time, in the evening.

Also is it near to The Orleans?

by Anthro

there are free shuttles to/from the Rio to the strip. It's also within walking distance if you want to exercise off all the buffet-all-you-can-eat food.

Alexis Park

by margs

Has suites - small ones it would seem. I originally booked there but changed my plans later. The rooms are more like a small suite but do have a small kitchen. I have no idea what it is like but the thing that put me off was an admittedly old warning in a Frommer's guide frp, 2001 about danger in the area northeast of it. Perhaps a resident who posts in this forum could help.

by dazz333

I work here in Las Vegas as a VIP host for ValetNoir. RIo is one of many hotels we work with. If you are the type that gambles then I am able to get you many choices in other hotels if you are not pleased with the Rio. I also help people get show tickets, dining reservations, and access to nightclubs. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. have a good day.

by dazz333

I am trying to make sure people are taken care of as they should be. I am new to this website and was just looking through all of the messages. I understand that most people on this message board are not located here in Las Vegas. If they want assistance or have questions then I do not mind answering them. I am not trying to take advantage of anybody if that is what people are suggesting. You don't have to email me if you want. You can keep it public if you want by staying on the message boards.

Comments