Riviera Hotel And Casino

Riviera Hotel & Casino
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Will never stay here again

The Riviera is a nice place BUT the service was NO GOOD!My team and I were with the APA Tournament and had reserved two rooms with 2 double beds over a month before we came. Check in was crazy,they put four of us in a one king size bedroom because they were completely OVER booked.They promised us a roll away bed,we waited on it to be sent to our room and it never came.I called the front desk and I was told that they are all out of their roll away beds and had NO extra blankets and pillows! I have worked in plenty of hotels in my life time and I have never been or worked at one that didn't have any roll away beds and extra blankets or pillows.So for two night my boyfriend and I had to sleep on the floor and our other team mates had to do the same thing in their room.We talked to a lot of other APA members and they had the same problem but some of them had to be sent to another hotel!Everyone that was working behind the front desk,INCLUDING the Manager lied to us and everyone else on the APA.They even tried to blame it on the APA,employees at the Riviera were the ones who reserved our rooms NOT the APA! So the RIVIERA was responsible for this whole mess.

Unique Quality: Manager had a very smart mouth with me and my team mates.And other APA members!

• Riviera Hotel And Casino

Will never go back even for free..., this hotel was reserved for 2 nights through Casablanca Express and of course they go for the cheapest hotels..., even if you are looking for place to just sleep, this is not the one - our room was not serviced when we came back at 11:50pm, I called to room servicing and lady told me that we had the "DD" sign on the door but actually we did not..., than she asked me if we still need the room service she can send somebody in 10-15 min to clean the room and of course I declined... it was too late.
    Pool manager is not a good guy, we came to the pool with couple of beers and manager did not let us in just because he had only one plastic cap left... one of us went back to the room to get an extra plastic cap... I asked for towels and manager ask me to show the room key which I gave to my partner who went to get the extra cap.... so I was waiting until my partner comes back...
    It is an old hotel, smoky... will not suggest to stay there if you care about normal service otherwise your mood will be driven down for various big or little issues..
    We checked in on May 8, 2011......

• suz1957's Profile Photo

Nice Price, but Just 'O.K'

We stayed at 'The Riv' for the 2008 Christmas Holidays. We got a good price on an air/hotel package deal. The trip began on a bad note, but another review of Continental Airlines is yet to come...

Check in was a little slow, but the desk staff were understanding and helpful, even after we'd missed our first night due to being stuck in Cleveland because of an ice storm. We didn't have to pay for the missed night and they tacked on an extra night at the same rate.

The hotel is clean, but the decor needs some serious updating. I didn't mind it and, if you're not fond of the 'uber glitz' on the rest of the strip, then it's fine. Our room was large enough and comfortable. The vew from our hotel room was nothing to write home about (no Strip, back of the Hilton and street), so we kept the drapes closed.

Eating at The Riv? I would say go somewhere else. The buffet was substandard and the night we ate at the steak restaurant (Kristofer's), the air conditioning wasn't working...meaning, it was C-O-L-D throughout dinner. This was a chilly Vegas week to begin with (in the 40s F). We got some apologies, but no discounts or freebies for the inconvenience. The picture I currently use for my avatar was taken in this restaurant. Kady's Cafe served good food at reasonable prices.

Insofar as gambling goes, both my husband and I got very lucky at the slots and the tables--no complaints there!

The comedy club was so-so, but this may just be due to who was performing that night (three comedians whose names I don't remember now).

Another negative is The Rivs distance from other points on the Strip. It's a long walk from there to just about anywhere, even to catch the tram at The Hilton.

The spa was wonderful, with average prices for a great massage and sauna package.

Yes, we may have gone at a bad time, but The Riv is probably not going to appeal to those who go for glitz and glam. It's Old Style Vegas, and offers a good price.

• Dangerous Scary Unsafe Beware!

I was followed harassed and catcalled by employees of the "hotel" working in the shopping booths. I filed a report with "security" but they are not to be trusted either. This place is dirty and NOT SAFE for women. I would not recommend this place to anybody it's absolutely abhorring

Unique Quality: I have nothing good to say about this place I am still awaiting a refund this place is a disaster

Directions: Peppermill next door

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Old-fashioned but not too old; Good Strip deal

An old favorite of Las Vegas is the Riviera which has been around during the heyday of the town. Expect comfort at an affordable price here, nothing too fancy. If you want fancy, go to the Wynn, Four Seasons or Bellagio.

*** This hotel was reserved through LasVegas.com just before New Year's Eve (2008) for less than $50/night

About my visit here (Dec 2008): the check-in experience was awful. There was about a 30 min wait to get checked in. There are self-check in kiosks but at this time they were not used for their intentional purpose to expedite the process. No one could just walk up to one. There were so many guests that reception staff (very few members) had to control the situation.

Another issue was the slow elevator which created an often long wait to get one (I'm talking 5 min!) before entering the rooms. Yikes!

I can still overlook the negatives and give an overall satisfactory response to the Riviera. A very pleasant feature of the Riviera was, simply, the bed. It was extremely comfortable with comfy linens and extra puffy pillows. It made such a beautiful night's sleep. In general the room was satisfying, featuring great modern updates such as a flat screen television and newly tiled bathroom. The interior of the hotel, including hundreds of rooms, has been renovated nicely.

Top attarctions of Riviera:

-Crazy Girls: a somehat classy nudie show! If you miss the show, you still won't miss the bronze mold of the girls' backsides on the front entrance of the hotel!

-La Cage Theater: shows highly talented female impersonators, namely Frank Marino doing Joan Rivers

-Riviera Comedy Club: regarded as one of the best in Vegas

Family Friendly tips:

-World Fare Buffet
    -various temporary shows, such as the Fab Four Mania (tribute to the Beatles) which has played in 2008 and goes through 2009

Unique Quality: I had a view of Circus Circus and the new Viva McDonalds (whipee!) The view of other rooms are surely quite nice overlooking more of the strip hotels

• misscfbf's Profile Photo

Not for the family

We stayed here because we were attending a conference held at the hotel. Our room was 'refurbished'. Their definition of refurbished is new bedding and a flatscreen tv. The closet doors were off track, stains on the carpet, a spot for a fridge, but no fridge, no counter space in the bathroom. We did have connecting rooms which was great.

The service was inconsistent. We didn't get our room serviced one day - despite requests to clean earlier in the day. Staff isn't used to children and they were rude to many of the children there. (About 300 from the conference). Make sure you don't pause or stop near a machine or bar when your kids are with you.

The pool is very small and closed around 6pm each night. The buffet was closed due to low reservations.

We won't stay there again. There are many other choices in Vegas.

Unique Quality: Less casino to walk through to get outside. Some towers even have access to outside without going through the casino.

Directions: North Strip across from Circus Circus.

• doug48's Profile Photo

budget

the historic rivera hotel and casino is one of the oldest hotels on the strip. an interesting place to stay to get the feel of las vegas in the 1950's and 1960's. inexpensive.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

It is a classic but needs renovations

I stayed at the Riviera for the 1st time in many, many years and some things never change--including many aspects of the Riviera and that is not a particularly good thing.

Service at the registration desk was slow (overworked, understaffed) but bell service was excellent and the stores were fine in terms of service.

Amenities in my basic room were minimal and there was no view of any importance.

I would not recommend the Riviera unless you are seeking a very close proximity to the Las Vegas Convention Center or you are seeking very reasonable accomodation rates without the luxury of the newer resorts.

Unique Quality: The Riviera was adequate in almost all areas. Some areas better than others.

The shops and general store were fine as was the food court.

The casino was fine as was the parking (an entire adjacent parking structure).

I am still wondering why the pool was closed at 6-7 PM each night though. Plus, it was located between buildings and did not receive much sun.

Directions: At the north end of the strip near the Convention Center.

• simshi's Profile Photo

Good old days

I was at this hotel because I was suppose to attend an exhibition at the LV Convention Center. The good thing is that it is walking distance from the Convention Center, bad thing was it was 115 degrees when I was there and a 5 minute walk felt like forever. The hotel is a bit old, way past its prime in the good old days. The dealers are old and grumpy (except for the craps table), cocktail waitresses there are better off in old frocks because they look....unggh... in their dresses. If you want a cheap stay on the strip, it is not too bad.

Unique Quality: Old, angry dealers (except for craps)

• Money stolen out of our room!

I will never stay at this hotel again. The toilet ran and made strange noises. A maintenance man came by and fixed it withing an hour of my request. This was okay. The bathtub was partially clogged and when you took a shower it would almost fill to the top before the water would start to run out. But this I could live with, so it was okay.

But stealing from our room while we were walking the strip, THAT WAS NOT OKAY! Upon returning home yesterday (7/29) my Mom noticed that almost $200 dollars was missing from her suitcase. In fact, the entire pouch she had it in was gone. The only way someone could have found it was to go through her entire suitcase to get to it.

Oh yeah, did I also mention that she is disabled, unable to work, and that this was her first time in Vegas. I took her there because I thought it would be fun.

We lodged a complaint so we'll so what that does, but I'm guessing nothing. I only wished she had noticed it was gone while we were still there.

So if you stay at the Riviera, and I advise you not to, do not leave anything of value in your room. They employ thieves!

• Riviera Casino in Las Vegas Rip off

My wife and I had a terrible experience at the Riviera.
    To view my full complaint please copy and post the following into your web browser.
    www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2006/NOV/complaint10480.cfm
    Due to the complaint being too long to post on this page.
    Needless to say after this experience we will never stay or visit the Riviera casino again. We would strongly advise others to stay somewhere/ Anywhere else due to the way the Riviera treats thier guests

Unique Quality: The comedy club

Directions: The strip

• pamstravels's Profile Photo

Dated but Very Clean

We stayed at the Riviera for 4 nights. It was convenient to the Las Vegas Convention Center - just walk out the back through the parking lot. The beds were comfortable and bathrooms clean. I read some bad reviews of this hotel so I was a little apprehensive about having to stay here. My fears were unfounded. I also didn't win any money at the casino but my brother-in-law did!

Unique Quality: At the free spin in the casion my husband won tickets to Riviera's big variety show - Splash. My husband wasn't expecting a very entertaining show until the lights went out and these beautiful topless women walked onto the runways directly in front of our table. From then on it was GREAT.

One night we went to The Comedy Club located in the hotel. Not too funny. It was a waste of our money.

The Riviera's sexy show is called Crazy Girls with topless dancers. We did not go to this show but in front of the hotel are bronze statues of the girls behinds. Each cheek is shiny because of the constant man-handling. Great photo-op.

After walking great distance up and down Las Vegas Blvd my feet were very sore so I decided to splurge on a pedicure at hotel beauty salon. The salon is old, dingy and in desperate need of a renevation. $60 for a spa pedicure was way overpriced for the surroundings. (My feet felt wonderful though!)

The pool is heated and even though we were there in November, people were swimming. I soaked my aching feet in the pool and lounged on the chairs in the sun for a while.

Directions: North Las Vegas Strip

• nwestwood's Profile Photo

that 70's feel

stayed in july 2000, hotel is now very dated but still retains that 70's feel, thats why they still make a lot of films set in vegas in the 70's there. (casino) the hotel is set towards one end of the strip but the bus stops right outside to take you up and down the strip. pool area is a disapointment, there is no shade and very few sun beds and gets very busy. would not stay here again much better hotels in the center of the strip.

• El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Oldie but goody

This hotel is one of the older ones. I love it. $5.00 Blackjack, great staff. Some of the other hotels are like 10 times nicer but I prefer this one because its got a little bit more of a personal touch. The food court and buffet where pretty good also.

• karen75's Profile Photo

Riviera

My second trip to Las Vegas was in July of 2003.

We bought a bus tour package from San Francisco to visit Yosemite, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, & Grand Canyon.

The hotel we stayed at was the Riviera. It's a decent place, however, the location isn't the greatest. It's at one end of the strip which can make or break you if you don't like to walk far distances.

Comments