Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall

Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Sam's

I had another Friday night layover, and I didn't want to pay Strip prices, so I landed on a return to Boulder Highway. As I checked in ahead of a large group, I learned I had been upgraded to a suite for my paltry $55. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I ran upstairs to check out my digs. The place was huge, with a wet bar, TV area, bedroom with jacuzzi, and separate toilet, sink, and shower areas. I also had a view of the waterfall show right beneath my room! My only interaction with the hotel staff was at check-in, and they were very friendly. Sam's is huge, but still a locals casino. At a huge one at that - I spent a lot of time walking around and checking out all the games and video machines. I didn't have a chance to scope out the pool, nor did I eat onsite, though there are many offerings to choose from. There's a small shopping area in the center of the hotel near the check-in desk and the waterfall show, and I spent a few $ on some logo items. All in all, this was yet another great place in Las Vegas that I would happily stay at again.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Off the Strip Entertainment

Although, this hotel is off from the strip. It has lots to offer as far as entertainment and relaxation. I think having a room that overlooks the Mystic Falls and all the beautiful trees would be relaxing. There are also the rooms that face the mountians, so that would make for a beautiful view.

Unique Quality: 646 Guest Rooms
    Valet and Parking Garage
    500 RV Parking Spaces
    Outdoor Pool and Hot Tub
    Check-in: 3:00PM Check-out: 12:00PM
    30,000 sq. ft. Meeting Facilities
    Century Theatres
    Valet Laundry Service (Fee)
    Bowling Center
    Bingo Parlor
    Weddings
    Must be 21 or Older to Check-in
    Complimentary Shuttle to The Strip and Downtown
    Photo identification and credit card are required at Check-in

Directions: Off of Boulder Highway.

• al_mary's Profile Photo

A Touch Of The West

Great Hotel ....

Excellent Buffet - Very Reasonable
    Waitstaff is friendly and helpful ....

Check out their large courtyard

Unique Quality: This is one of Las Vegas' most
    popular casinos, and offers unique
    attractions and amenities in a value
    price range.
    A water-and-laser show, called the
    "Sunset Stampede" dazzles crowds
    nightly. The hotel also offers a courtesy
    shuttle bus to the strip and downtown.

Directions: Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
    located seven miles east of the Strip at
    Boulder Highway and Flamingo Road.
    McCarran Airport is 9 miles away.

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

Sams Town

I'm really not sure what the prices are for thier rooms. It was a complimentary room to a friend of mine.

Unique Quality: This casino is about 5mi/10km from downtown Las Vegas, and even further from the strip. There are free shuttles that run every 1hr15minutes to the Fremont and California hotels. There are also other shuttles that go to the Stardust and Harrahs hotels (the strip). These shuttles run from approximately 9am to 11:30pm 7 days a week

Directions: southeast of downtown

• Vegasjunkie's Profile Photo

Sam' Town

last time I inquired it was about $75 on the weekends and $45 on weeknights. Also include in your expence budget, the price of a rental car. You'll need it, it'll cost you alot to take a taxi to the strip, they do have shuttle buses that go there, but you have to go by their schedules, which the last one that goes back to the hotel for the evening is around 10:30 (way to early). You can take the CAT bus that runs up and down Flamingo, but I wouldn't recommend it at 1:00 in the morning, with all your winnings tucked into your pockets.

Unique Quality: Great rooms!!! Some of the best I've stayed at. Every time I stayed there it was to cold to go swimming, but I did take a look at their pool, and it didn't look bad. There's a sand yolleyball court next to it, and the sports bar is just around the corner. Speaking of the sports bar; it's called 'The Final Score', and one of the best sports bars in town. As for the view, I always requested a room over-looking the atrium located inside the hotel, and have never been dissapointed with it. At night they have a laser light show in there, it's free to watch, but better if you are in your room over looking it.

Directions: 5111 Boulder Highway
    Las Vegas, NV. 89122
    At the intersection of Flamingo & Boulder Highway

More about Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall

Family of 5 review

by TripAdvisor Member seattle_review

We just got back from Vegas visiting my parents - My husband and I and our 3 kids 13, 11 and 6. We had a wonderful time - Check in was great - the room was clean and the staff were awsome. The pool was great and the restruants were perfect for us. There was always something for everyone. I did not do much gambling but my husband did really good. I will be back soon... I liked being off the strip - it was much more comfortable (we did have our own car that helped)

Blown Away By The Smoke!!!!!

We just returned from our 4 day trip to Las Vegas. We stayed 2 days at Sam's Town, and 2 days at the Boulder Station. Check in was a breeze, we requested non-smoking. We were EXTREMELY disappointed when we arrived to our room. Although it was a 'non-smoking' room, the cigarette smoke was unbearable. The entire room reeked of smoke so bad that we requested another room and it was worst than the previous! You could smell the smoke even in the sheets, towels, and pillows!!! This was our worst stay of any prior visits to Las Vegas. We ate at the steakhouse, it was okay but slow service. Also, we did not know until we arrived that the mexican restaurant closes on Monday and Tuesday. The casino is really designed to attract locals. Sam's Town has more video poker and keno games rather than table or slot machines. And oh my, after being in the casino for only three minutes, my eyes were bloodshot red from the smoke. We wished we were back at the Boulder Station, but our room was pre-paid via internet. If you get the chance, do stay at the Boulder Station. Smoke is only a factor in the casino. The mexican restaurant is the best with $1.50 margaritas!!! they also have several other restaurants including Starbucks, burger king, subway, tcby, and china express to name a few.The service was excellent also.

Good hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member Trinity68

My family stayed at Sam's Town April 11th. We found an excellent deal on the Sam's Town website for $24.99. We had never stayed that far from the strip before, but it was a pleasant experience. Check in was quick. We checked in around 11 PM and I had requested a non-smoking room. The front desk at first advised me that there were no non-smoking rooms available, but after giving a disapproving look, she suddenly found several non-smoking rooms. I don't know what that was all about. The room was clean and roomy. I was told that the hotel rooms with 2 double beds had been upgraded to 2 queen beds. I don't think that was the case. We were only there for one night, so it was all good. The hotel was surprisingly quiet. We tried to eat at their Cafe which had the $3.99 steak and eggs special but the line was very long. The decor was unique. When I stay the next time I will request a room facing the inside with a view of the atrium courtyard.

We always stay at Sam's Town

We love Sam's Town. Sam's Town RV Park is great too. We always meet my parents at Sam's Town and we get a room and they stay at the RV Park. We have stayed here twice and never disappointed. Quick check in and out. Very kid friendly. Get an inside room if you can. You can watch the Mystic River Laser light show from your room. My kids (5 & 2) favorite thing about Las Vegas, "the water show" at Sam's Town. Fresh Harvest Cafe has a great Prime Rib Dinner, a movie theatre and bowling right there. A great alternative to the crowded strip. Free shuttle service to the strip though if you can't stay away.

Perfect atmosphere in LV

Spent two nights at Sam's Town on July 28 -30. This is an outstanding place that transforms a casino setting into a restort atmosphere. Mystic Falls Park is an ideal area to relax and get away from the gaming. Coffee from the hut while sitting at one of the many benches or chairs, or a drink at in the bar next to the waterfall, immediately changes the feel of the casino environment to that of a resort. Dining at the Italian restaurant or the steakhouse within the atrium changes a casino hotel into a vacation retreat almost immediately. I enjoyed having this area available to me 24 hours a day.

The rooms are standard; very clean and functional at a low price ($29.99). I ate at the buffet twice for lunch. I couldn't believe the quality and selection for $5.99 (or $4.99 with a senior sticker on your slot card - 55 yrs and up). My favorites prior to this trip were the Orleans and Gold Coast, but I must admit the lunch buffet at Sam's was superior. Service was friendly and prompt.

The pool area is meduim size, with drinks available and some shaded areas.

I found the video pocker paytables to be at least equal to any other casino I visited. The blackjack does not pay 3-2 only 6-5, which is one disadvantage I found here. Keno has a higher payback than other casinos. Roulette has $1 minimum chips, while I found 50 cent minimums at the Orleans and Gold Coast.

But all said and done, Sam's Town has become very high on my list of places to stay in Las Vegas. While about 5 miles from the strip, this inconvenience is diminished by the great transportation system Sam's provides to many strip and downtown locations. And these vehicles are not the typical oversized van most shuttles have become. These are full size buses, similar to a Greyhound bus. Do not discount Sam's Town if your looking for lower prices, great service and a bang for your buck.

Comments