Signature at MGM Grand

Tags

Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Casino and Gambling
See Amenities
PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

It's a Trip! (To get there)

by written on April 19, 2014

I must say this was an impressive stay. The check in desk was staffed with very helpful, friendly people. The room itself was gorgeous. Starting with the bathroom – a full shower, separate toilet area (always good with companions), and whirlpool tub (not used by me.) They had a good sized safe, a bar area, a small cooking area, and a fridge. A nice spacious sitting area, a comfortable bed, and a big TV…what more can one ask for? Rooms were very clean, very quiet Never heard anybody else the whole time), and I had a nice view for once.

The one issue - getting there via the MGM is a hike. And I mean a hike. I walk at a brisk pace, and it took me at least five minutes to get from the gaming floor to Tower 3. Just be forewarned if you are planning on staying here and playing at the MGM - there's a lot of walking involved!

WBeall's Profile Photo

Perfect location!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 11, 2012

Great Hotel! In the perfect location. This was the first hotel I have stayed in on the strip out of 5 so far. I just love this location. It is near the highway and near most of the most popular attractions. I had a room that faced the roof and it was not a very nice view. The breakfast in a small restaurant downstairs is pricey but that is no different then any other place in LV. This is a nice hotel I do not have very many negative things to say about it.

Directions: On the Strip

Better of that the grand

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 29, 2012

I stayed there march 25, 27 , 2012 , first the clamed I did not have reservations. I pulled out my confirmation witch seamed to *** then off. because the desk had to go get my wife bag to get it. they broke things in my wife's luggage getting the bag. but I don't feel bad the two times I had to go to the desk. ( the first time was about broke stuff in my wife's bag) other people where going thought the same thing they over booked this week for spring break. The rest of the staffs services where very good. the pool closed at 6 pm. This is no 5 star hotel . The week before I stayed MGM Grand the room was much bigger , the bed was a lot better and the room was cleaner and the lady that the desk was so friendly and helpful bell services had the bags to the room in five minute. and room service had coffee to the room in ten minute so for better service for 1/2 cost or less the MGM Grand is a much better deal

Hermanater's Profile Photo

Very nice, Very quiet

by written on December 28, 2009

For a few dollars more, we stayed at the Signature instead of the MGM Grand. It was well worth it. There was two couples. We got side by side rooms. There was double doors that led to thw two rooms. These double doors could be closed and locked so that each room's main doors could be opened and we could come and go between the two rooms as we wished.
The rooms were spacious with a sitting area, king bed and HUGE washroom with jetted 2 person tub and large glass shower.

The marble floors and tasteful decor made the room that much more special.

It was a long walk to the casino ans strip, but having the quiet when we wanted to sleep was worth it.

Unique Quality: I liked how we could leave the main doors open and the hallway doors closed for extra privacy but still come and go as we wanted.

Jake277's Profile Photo

Junior Suite Review Of The Signature - MGM Grand

by written on July 8, 2009

ACCOMMODATION:
After an 11 hour flight on a rather cramped Virgin Atlantic flight i was tired. In the UK I have only ever stayed in Travelodges and those kinds of places so when we arrived at The Signature I was amazed. Gated Entrance and three huge 38 floor towers, we were situated Tower One. The taxi dropped us off and I went to go get my bags, silly me im in America and had about 10 people come to get my bags, this was my first pleasant surprise. As i walked in the huge glass doors i was greeted by am amazing Art Deco style hall(and a nice mexican lady cleaning the glass), i hate art deco but this was almost enough to totally revert me. There was cream/yellow grantie everywhere with eccentric lighting and furnishings. We approached the desk and we were told everything we had to know by Tony, he was an extremely nice man, i couldnt tell if he was too nice. We got old our rooms and i wasnt really listning till i heard PenthouseFloor 31.

Walking over to the lifts i was terrified. I have a total phobia of lifts. I stood in the lift grabbing onto the rails and closed my eyes and as i the lift went i near enough fell to the floor. before i could get even worse i was there. Embarrased much! As the doors opened we went out and the hallway was amazing (even had an ice room :D) We has double doors going into our suite and we had really posh key cards in a booklet haha. very well presented. Up to now everything was amazing and nothing could top the halls as they were amazing, i thought if the rooms can top that this place is goood.

I entered the suite. There was a marble tile floor at the door which was also in the bathroom that was to your immediate right in our suite. I took a look in and, wow. I have never stayed any where where that has a Television the bathroom, there was two sinks in cherry wood cabinet things with a black granite work surfaces covered in June Jacobs stuff. to the right of the sinks there was a huge shower - i have to say with a disapointingly small shower head and low pressure water - and to the right of that was the biggest bath i have seen in my life with jets in it too. At the left of the sink there was a seperate door which had the toilet in it, with a phone !? haha. ( i will post pictures hopefully.)

As i left he bathroom there is a surface inbetween the entrance and the actual room which had glass shelves and the container for ice which i had to go fill up to see the ice room haha. In the room on the right wall there was the huge bed which was mega comfortable and the divider wall where the sofa bed was behind. On the far top wall there was the doors leading onto the balcony with alright views of the strip. i didnt really venture there though, fear of hights. and the left wall was the desk and forward of that was the kitchenette. This had a food dispostal unit, fridge and microwave. the fridge only had water in it to my disapointment haha no chocolate :(, hate american chocolate anyway though. there was also a cooker hob and lots of storage space. By the wall cabines there was the huge flat screen television. Although i find Amaerican TV pretty crap bar Family guy and those shows. And forward of the kitchen back to the lobby was the huge closet with the big safe in it. the place was decorated with cream paint high ceilings and a nice carpet. The furnishings were all top class Obvisously haha. Expensive taste me.

I forgot to mention earlier that at the bottom floor by the lifts there is a small confectionary shop which was quirky and nice even though the woman didn't like us for some reason, or maybe she is like that with everyone.

FOOD:
theere was no restaurant in Tower one but in Tower two(whic is accesible by a corridor) had a deli. This place was lovely and every morning i went down for my chocolate pastry things. It was OVERpriced.

On my last stay we went to the MGM Grand for breakfast which i wished we had gone everyday it was lovely. The signature is connected to the MGM Grand with Moving walkways. ****REMEMBER****TAKE A KEY CARD WITH YOU(as i unfortunatly found out while having to wait for someone to come open the door.). If you are in a group and there are people still in your room and you forget your key, when you go into the MGM Grand to go get a MacDonalds or something. You will not get back in. To get into the Signature you need a Key Card everywhere. Some may see this as a pain but i loved it because loads of people got see me go into the posh building haha.

Anyway back to food. The grand buffet in the actual MGM was simply amazing. At the desserts bit there was frozen yoghurt machines that tased like ice cream :). The food was pretty damn good too.

CONCLUSION:
The Signature at MGM Grand is amazing, i went with family there was four of us and there was still loads of room in our suite. its family friendly i seen a few people with kids there, they all looked pretty rich though. The hotel is also great for anything, all guests. i have to admit everything was overpriced but i mean your in Vegas its not like your hotel is the only place to get food from. the service was great, im not sure if i like it too good though, i think we under tipped people but they never exploded, they passed the 'crappy tip' test haha. the only person i didn tike was confectionary woman, she was strange. The hotel deserves all 5(i think) stars it has. A+ haha.

Unique Quality: POOL:
To enter the pool you must have your key as it is private in a gated area. As you walk in there is a tent bit where you are handed a towel and couple bottles of water from an ice ice bucket. There is also a bar that also sells non alcoholic drinks which are lovely, the alocoholic ones are also very nice Especially the Pina Coladas. **In the MGM Grand there is a bar that is very coolurful yo cant miss its by the Shibuya restaurant, the Strawberry Daquiris there are ACE**

MOVING WALKWAYS:
As i mentioned there are moving walkways to connect The Gignature with the MGM. Just remember a Key Card or you pretty much fricked.

BALCONIES:
They are a fairly huge. Good if you dont mind the fact you could be 38 floors above ground.

Nearby Signature at MGM Grand

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews