145 East Harmon Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Booking.com amextravel.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

It's a Trip! (To get there)

I must say this was an impressive stay. The check in desk was staffed with very helpful, friendly people. The room itself was gorgeous. Starting with the bathroom – a full shower, separate toilet area (always good with companions), and whirlpool tub (not used by me.) They had a good sized safe, a bar area, a small cooking area, and a fridge. A nice spacious sitting area, a comfortable bed, and a big TV…what more can one ask for? Rooms were very clean, very quiet Never heard anybody else the whole time), and I had a nice view for once.

The one issue - getting there via the MGM is a hike. And I mean a hike. I walk at a brisk pace, and it took me at least five minutes to get from the gaming floor to Tower 3. Just be forewarned if you are planning on staying here and playing at the MGM - there's a lot of walking involved!

• WBeall's Profile Photo

Perfect location!

Great Hotel! In the perfect location. This was the first hotel I have stayed in on the strip out of 5 so far. I just love this location. It is near the highway and near most of the most popular attractions. I had a room that faced the roof and it was not a very nice view. The breakfast in a small restaurant downstairs is pricey but that is no different then any other place in LV. This is a nice hotel I do not have very many negative things to say about it.

Directions: On the Strip

• Better of that the grand

I stayed there march 25, 27 , 2012 , first the clamed I did not have reservations. I pulled out my confirmation witch seamed to *** then off. because the desk had to go get my wife bag to get it. they broke things in my wife's luggage getting the bag. but I don't feel bad the two times I had to go to the desk. ( the first time was about broke stuff in my wife's bag) other people where going thought the same thing they over booked this week for spring break. The rest of the staffs services where very good. the pool closed at 6 pm. This is no 5 star hotel . The week before I stayed MGM Grand the room was much bigger , the bed was a lot better and the room was cleaner and the lady that the desk was so friendly and helpful bell services had the bags to the room in five minute. and room service had coffee to the room in ten minute so for better service for 1/2 cost or less the MGM Grand is a much better deal

• Hermanater's Profile Photo

Very nice, Very quiet

For a few dollars more, we stayed at the Signature instead of the MGM Grand. It was well worth it. There was two couples. We got side by side rooms. There was double doors that led to thw two rooms. These double doors could be closed and locked so that each room's main doors could be opened and we could come and go between the two rooms as we wished.
    The rooms were spacious with a sitting area, king bed and HUGE washroom with jetted 2 person tub and large glass shower.

The marble floors and tasteful decor made the room that much more special.

It was a long walk to the casino ans strip, but having the quiet when we wanted to sleep was worth it.

Unique Quality: I liked how we could leave the main doors open and the hallway doors closed for extra privacy but still come and go as we wanted.

• Jake277's Profile Photo

Junior Suite Review Of The Signature - MGM Grand

ACCOMMODATION:
    After an 11 hour flight on a rather cramped Virgin Atlantic flight i was tired. In the UK I have only ever stayed in Travelodges and those kinds of places so when we arrived at The Signature I was amazed. Gated Entrance and three huge 38 floor towers, we were situated Tower One. The taxi dropped us off and I went to go get my bags, silly me im in America and had about 10 people come to get my bags, this was my first pleasant surprise. As i walked in the huge glass doors i was greeted by am amazing Art Deco style hall(and a nice mexican lady cleaning the glass), i hate art deco but this was almost enough to totally revert me. There was cream/yellow grantie everywhere with eccentric lighting and furnishings. We approached the desk and we were told everything we had to know by Tony, he was an extremely nice man, i couldnt tell if he was too nice. We got old our rooms and i wasnt really listning till i heard PenthouseFloor 31.

Walking over to the lifts i was terrified. I have a total phobia of lifts. I stood in the lift grabbing onto the rails and closed my eyes and as i the lift went i near enough fell to the floor. before i could get even worse i was there. Embarrased much! As the doors opened we went out and the hallway was amazing (even had an ice room :D) We has double doors going into our suite and we had really posh key cards in a booklet haha. very well presented. Up to now everything was amazing and nothing could top the halls as they were amazing, i thought if the rooms can top that this place is goood.

I entered the suite. There was a marble tile floor at the door which was also in the bathroom that was to your immediate right in our suite. I took a look in and, wow. I have never stayed any where where that has a Television the bathroom, there was two sinks in cherry wood cabinet things with a black granite work surfaces covered in June Jacobs stuff. to the right of the sinks there was a huge shower - i have to say with a disapointingly small shower head and low pressure water - and to the right of that was the biggest bath i have seen in my life with jets in it too. At the left of the sink there was a seperate door which had the toilet in it, with a phone !? haha. ( i will post pictures hopefully.)

As i left he bathroom there is a surface inbetween the entrance and the actual room which had glass shelves and the container for ice which i had to go fill up to see the ice room haha. In the room on the right wall there was the huge bed which was mega comfortable and the divider wall where the sofa bed was behind. On the far top wall there was the doors leading onto the balcony with alright views of the strip. i didnt really venture there though, fear of hights. and the left wall was the desk and forward of that was the kitchenette. This had a food dispostal unit, fridge and microwave. the fridge only had water in it to my disapointment haha no chocolate :(, hate american chocolate anyway though. there was also a cooker hob and lots of storage space. By the wall cabines there was the huge flat screen television. Although i find Amaerican TV pretty crap bar Family guy and those shows. And forward of the kitchen back to the lobby was the huge closet with the big safe in it. the place was decorated with cream paint high ceilings and a nice carpet. The furnishings were all top class Obvisously haha. Expensive taste me.

I forgot to mention earlier that at the bottom floor by the lifts there is a small confectionary shop which was quirky and nice even though the woman didn't like us for some reason, or maybe she is like that with everyone.

FOOD:
    theere was no restaurant in Tower one but in Tower two(whic is accesible by a corridor) had a deli. This place was lovely and every morning i went down for my chocolate pastry things. It was OVERpriced.

On my last stay we went to the MGM Grand for breakfast which i wished we had gone everyday it was lovely. The signature is connected to the MGM Grand with Moving walkways. ****REMEMBER****TAKE A KEY CARD WITH YOU(as i unfortunatly found out while having to wait for someone to come open the door.). If you are in a group and there are people still in your room and you forget your key, when you go into the MGM Grand to go get a MacDonalds or something. You will not get back in. To get into the Signature you need a Key Card everywhere. Some may see this as a pain but i loved it because loads of people got see me go into the posh building haha.

Anyway back to food. The grand buffet in the actual MGM was simply amazing. At the desserts bit there was frozen yoghurt machines that tased like ice cream :). The food was pretty damn good too.

CONCLUSION:
    The Signature at MGM Grand is amazing, i went with family there was four of us and there was still loads of room in our suite. its family friendly i seen a few people with kids there, they all looked pretty rich though. The hotel is also great for anything, all guests. i have to admit everything was overpriced but i mean your in Vegas its not like your hotel is the only place to get food from. the service was great, im not sure if i like it too good though, i think we under tipped people but they never exploded, they passed the 'crappy tip' test haha. the only person i didn tike was confectionary woman, she was strange. The hotel deserves all 5(i think) stars it has. A+ haha.

Unique Quality: POOL:
    To enter the pool you must have your key as it is private in a gated area. As you walk in there is a tent bit where you are handed a towel and couple bottles of water from an ice ice bucket. There is also a bar that also sells non alcoholic drinks which are lovely, the alocoholic ones are also very nice Especially the Pina Coladas. **In the MGM Grand there is a bar that is very coolurful yo cant miss its by the Shibuya restaurant, the Strawberry Daquiris there are ACE**

MOVING WALKWAYS:
    As i mentioned there are moving walkways to connect The Gignature with the MGM. Just remember a Key Card or you pretty much fricked.

BALCONIES:
    They are a fairly huge. Good if you dont mind the fact you could be 38 floors above ground.

More about Signature at MGM Grand

Best Hotel in Vegas

by mtbikerdiva about The Wynn

I think The Wynn is the best hotel in Vegas. I've stayed at The Rio, Bellagio, Ceasars, and The MGM Grand and The Wynn is easily the nicest hotel. Great service and beautiful hotel with full amenities. Not cheap but worth the money. Excellent Spa as well. Great spa and pools. Fantastic restaurants and impecable service.

You have a variety of hotels...

by beckie2

You have a variety of hotels to choose from in Vegas. My favorites:
Bellagio, Mirage, Venetian, and MGM Grand
go to www.vegas.com and get the best prices online Facilities at all these hotels are wonderful. Your room varies depending on your budget, but all rooms at these hotels, are above standard.

The pool, which most of these hotels, have more than one. The Bellagio have 6 pools.

Selection of restuarants, and upscale shopping is also available.

In Vegas you hardly ever sleep...

by ElTejano

In Vegas you hardly ever sleep but if I have to recommend something here are my favorites:
The Mirage,
Luxor,
Rio Suites and MGM Grand. The Mirage has the best overall aesthetic atmosphere with its volcano erupting outside, the white tigers on the way in, the huge aqarium at check in, and the atrium. Luxor has the most unique design in the shape of a Pyramid, Rio suites I like because of th epalm trees and sandy beach area at the poolside.

The Strip

by JFro082 about MGM Grand

I've stayed a few different hotels in Vegas, and my favorite is definitely the MGM Grand. The beds are so comfortable and I think it's just a nice place to go back to after a looooong day in the desert. In all honesty though, this hotel gets my vote because of the pool. When it comes to Vegas, I like to base my hote choice on the pool. I like to spend my day laying at the pool drinking, and the MGM has a lazy river that winds around the property with a beautiful view of the hotel. I like just being able to stumble out of bed and not having to travel down the strip for a place to lay out for a while.
Excluding the pool, though, my general recomendation for a hotel in Vegas is definitely something on the strip. I have stayed off the strip and it is such a pain getting around. One time my friends rented an SUV and drove us everywhere, but honestly we were there to party, so someone always had to stay sober to drive. I recently stayed at Rio which was fine, except that it is away from everything (as is the Palms). We took a taxi everywhere and it got quite expensive. There are good deals to be found for hotels on the strip, and even if they are a little bit more than ones that are off the strip, it's worth it in both travel time and cab fare.
Even the MGM is a little out of the way. It is on one end of the strip, so if you need to be at the other, a taxi is sometimes unavoidable. I recently stayed at Paris, which has a central location on the strip, and I don't recall ever getting in a car our entire weekend. I have stayed in both the cheapest and the more expensive rooms at the MGM and they have been very clean and very comfortable. Like I said, i love sitting by the lazy river during the day. You can rent innertubes to float around in, but we would usually would get down to the pool about noon and people were already leaving so they just gave us tubes. They also have a nice VIP pool. In the summer it starts out slow, but by the end of the day it is usually packed with drunk people throwing eachother around in the water and loud club music. If this isn't your scene then you aren't missing out anything by just staying at the regualr pool. For all of the VIP pools that I know about in Vegas, chairs usually cost about $50-$100 per person with drink mins. I know the cabanas at MGM's VIP pool, Wet Republic, go for a couple grand in the middle of the summer.

Great Price hotels

by waterboylv123 about Hotels and more

Most often you can get a room for little to nothing, when you sign up on Hotel web sites. Find a hotel that you think you may like, and sign up with that particular hotel. I'm not sure what you want to spend, but you can find a hotel for under 50.00 a night, believe it or not, a lot of nice hotels other rooms for little.
try picking a few hotels, and sign up, or just check out their prices, I think you'll be surprised. For your research: http://vegas.cc Have fun!!! MGM Grand has a awesome pool!

Which hotel is the best in Vegas ?

by Argawana about Vegas Strip Hotel

There is no exact answer on the question above. Everybody has different criteria. Are you a budget traveler? Business traveler? High roller? Traveling with kids? In general, it is recommended for you to book the room well in advance, specially if you want to stay during week-end or holiday season. For any holiday destination, such as Vegas, it is common to have very attractive rate during week day and very expensive for week-end. In any case, I prefer to book the hotel on-line through many travel websites such as Expedia.com, Orbitz, Travelocity etc. You can also compare the pricing using Yahoo Fare Chase.
During our 5 days in Vegas, we stayed in 3 different hotels, i.e Treasure Island, MGM Grand and Circus-Circus. All of them conveniently located in Vegas Strip. We had an unbelievable cheap rate at Circus-Circus during week day ($34) but then pay almost $200 for week-end day for the same room!
If you have unlimited budget, I definitely recommend Bellagio or The Venetian. Treasure Island - Conveniently located among many tourist attractions. Madame Tussaud wax museum just within walking distance across the hotel. They have free attraction "Pirate of the Treasure Island" every evening, just in front of the hotel. Hotel guest got privilige entrance. Cirque de Soleil "Mystere" also playing in this hotel. Best attraction in Vegas!

Circus-Circus - Probably the cheapest hotel in the Strip, yet still offering the Vegas glamour. If you have kids, the hotel has Adventure Dome and around the clock circus with clown. The Steak House is the best in Vegas.

MGM Grand - This is an enormous hotel with lots of facilities. If you stay in MGM, you probably don't need to go anywhere else in Vegas. The hotel is always packed with tourists from all over the globe. Thousand of slot machines, acres of casino and plenty of restaurants to choose from. Cirque de Soleil play "Ka" in MGM.

MGM Grand

by UKLight

The MGM Grand was the largest hotel on The Strip until the Venetian was built several years ago. The MGM is located on the corner of Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd and a couple of minutes from the airport. A courtesy monorail runs daily from the MGM to Ballys.
EFX is the on going production starring Rick Springfield. I saw the show when they had Tommy Tune. I didn't think much his performance which tainted my view of the show, however, it's not called EFX for nothing spectacular effects. I would like to go back and see it again, now that it has a different star.
The Lion Habitat, one of my faves love the price, it's free. You walk through a small glass hallway so to speak, there are lions to the right, to the left even above you. It's the closest you can get without actually touching them. Through the end of the hallway is a room where they feed and play with the cubs.Awwww.
Grand Adventures Theme Park. A fun place for the whole family. It is seasonal so the park is closed during the winter months but in the summer you can hear folks screaming their lungs out, they don't call it the Sky Screamer for nothing.
It's not a whole lot of info but I hope it helps.

"MGM"

"Lion Habitat 1"

Inside the glass at the Lion Habitat.

"Lion Habitat 2"

You can kind of see that the walkway is somewhat narrow it gets really crowded, try and go during the week to avoid lines.

"Studio 54"

MGM Grand, Las VegasMGM Grand, Las Vegas

Whose watching whom? MGM Grand Las VegasWhose watching whom? MGM Grand Las Vegas

Lion Habitat, MGM Grand, Las VegasLion Habitat, MGM Grand, Las Vegas

MGM GrandMGM Grand

MGM Signature?

by nytravelgirl

Ok, now I just found something new....renting from a condo owner. I see that there are really cheap rates, around $150 to stay in a nice jr. suite with strip view in the MGM Signature. What is the difference between MGM Grand and Signature? And is the Signature in a central location?? Thank you!

by pepsi2

Yes they are very nice you can book a one or two bed and even book direct with the owners and save 40% look for a penthouse book via http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/nevada/las-vegas#13253

by pepsi2

you can walk to MGM main building then you are ok for monorail as far as hilton or cross the strip walk to excalibur and on monorail to mandalay.......... easy

by neverstoptravel

It's right beside the MGM Grand,a huge complex with 3 buildings.

by kenstan

They are next door on the same property as The MGM. The MGM is so big it is about a 10 minute walk.There are a lot of houses you can rent from small houses to 5000s/f manisons that sleep 25 people and at a per person rate very good prices.150.00 for The Signature is very good its usually 3 to 400 a night.In fact I rent my own condo out because the resort area grew out to it and its about 2 miles west of MGM and I get about 1/2 of what The Signature gets because its off the strip but bigger.I lot of people rent there houses because they can make a lot of money of it.

Comments