Silverton Hotel Casino

Silverton Hotel and Casino
Expedia.com Booking.com VEGAS.com

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

The Silverton

Arrivals on Friday nights can lead to high prices on the strip, and since I would be staying at Harrah's the rest of the trip, we stayed here the first night to shake it up. I arrived after 10:00, so there was no line to speak of at the front desk - check-in was a snap. Since the hotel is only 4 stories tall, getting an elevator is pretty quick.

We were directed to what turned out to be a very spacious room - two beds, desk, and TV cabinet still left plenty of room to walk around. There's not a view to really have way out here. The room is clean, as is much of the property. Room was quiet - clientele was your middle aged, reserved crowd, which is kind of nice. Nearby, there is gas and a few fast food options (the onsite dining for a later night leaves a little to be desired.)

Getting in and out of the property is easy. The location isn't the greatest - if you aren't planning on staying put, you really need a car to go see anything else.

The price generally is pretty good though - $70 for a Friday is not something to sneeze at. A good value for a nice little property.

Unique Quality: A massive Outdoor World is attached to the casino, as is a giant aquarium, keeping with a woodsy log-cabin motif.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Fun Right Next Door~

Silverton Casino offers luxurious upscale rooms that are not only intimate, but also full of character. Our blend of Las Vegas gaming and intimate lodge interiors creates a distinctive guest experience comparable to none. Choose from resort rooms, luxury kings or spacious suites in Las Vegas with separate sleeping and living areas. All accommodations at our Las Vegas, NV casino hotel are equipped with wireless Internet access, decadent pillow-top mattresses, triple sheet comfort and premium Bath & Body Works products.

Number of Rooms: 300.
    Casino: Yes, 90,000 square feet. Casino games include more than 2,200 slots and video poker machines, 30 table games including single deck Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, 3-card Poker, a High Limit lounge and a poker room. There is also a small Keno lounge with traditional and video Keno.
    Race & Sports Book: Yes, a walk-up sports book window.
    Restaurants: The Silverton has the following dining options: Johnny Rockets, Luciano's, Mi Casa Grill Cantina, Seasons Buffet, Starbucks, Sundance Grill, Twin Creeks, Villa Italian Kitchen and Mermaid Restaurant & Lounge.
    Entertainment: The Pavilion and Outdoor Events Center play host to guest speakers and visiting headliners.
    Nightlife: Yes, Shady Grove Lounge and Flare Bar.
    Attractions: A 117,000-gallon saltwater aquarium features more than 5,000 exotic fish, sharks and stingrays. There is also a mermaid show and there is seating around the aquarium where you can watch the fish.
    Pool: Yes, there is one trapezoidal-shaped pool and a hexagon-shaped Jacuzzi.
    Health Club or Fitness Equipment: Yes.
    Shops: Yes, a hotel gift shop and a 165,000-square-foot Bass Pro Shops.
    In-Room Internet Access: Yes, high-speed internet access is available for a fee.
    Hotel Amenities: Maid service and wake-up calls.
    Parking Garage: Yes, a 5-story parking garage with valet and VIP parking..
    Standard Room Amenities: Pillow-top beds, air conditioning, CD/radio alarm clock, remote-controlled cable TV, in-room movies, desk, electronic door locks, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, refrigerator (upon request), telephone.
    Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.

• Best place off the strip

Silverton is the best hotel to stay at that is off the strip. It is close enough to the strip, but just far enough away from the over bearing amount of tourist. You will still get the same experience, but with less of a commotion. The rooms are nicer, cleaner, and the staff is friendlier than any other hotel I have stayed at off the strip.

Unique Quality: There are many flare bars in Las Vegas, but the bartenders at Silverton make you feel like they want to be putting on a show for you instead of just trying to make a good tip. Make sure to check this out.

• clean but away from the strip

having stayed recently at the silverton i was greatly dissapointed! i have been staying here for the last 8 years or so because it was clean resonable and the betting odds were better than the strip! if you did want to to visit the strip a free shuttle bus was provided and ran on a regular basis and the restaurants were excellent value BUT now the rates are not much cheaper than the strip,the food is ok but same price as the strip hotels! The shuttle bus has now been removed so you can either get a cab (30 mins wait $20) or a bus that costs $6 b ut takes forever to get to the strip! so if you like a glass of wine on the strip or a few beers its going to cost an extra $40 a day! ...........so pay extra $20 and stay at the montecarlo!

Unique Quality: clean

Directions: directly off the interstate 15 just before you hit the strip (from la)

More about Silverton Hotel Casino

Silverton Casino Lodge’s Aquarium Free

by Yaqui

As we wondered through Outdoor World, we wanted to checkout the Silverton Casino and we came across the beautiful huge aqarium. The whole family enjoys these a lot. The colorful decorated tanks with the beautiful assortment of salt water fish. The aquarium is 117,000-gallons reef aquarium with 4,000 tropical fish, and three species each of stingrays and sharks. They have interactive feeding shows daily at 1:30pm, 4:30pm and 7:30pm.

3333 Blue Diamond Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89139

A Nice calm Casino

by picklesuit

Head to Silverton's Casino, on Diamond Ave off the 15. It's really a local's casino. The decor is currently that of an old mining camp, but rumors suggest it may become that of a Swedish Alps theme in the next few years. The dealers are extremely friendly and the casino is just large enough to have plenty to do, but not to too big to get lost in. The food available is definitely decent for the price.

Return visit was ever better than the first!

by TripAdvisor Member tlcbailey

Our second trip to the Silverton Hotel & Casino was even better than the first. We arrived and they gave us an early check-in (11:00am) without question. Our room was on the bottom floor and was impeccable, the bathroom amenities were Bio and Bath & Body products, the bed was incredibly comfortable, the room was quiet (never heard anyone on either side), and the housekeeping staff kept it clean and comfortable. We ate at the new Seasons Buffet (loved the gelatto & chocolate fountain), at Twin Peaks (highly recommend the New York steak), and the Sundance Grill (always good for anytime of day). Great service at all of the restaurants, from the front desk staff, bell and valet. Everyone really seems to enjoy working at the Silverton, and that says alot! Enjoyed visiting Bass Pro Shops again. Boat department were very helpful and not pushy salespeople, which we really appreciated. Again, all of the staff there were very friendly and helpful. Overall, we had a great stay and will continue to return to the Silverton in the future. :D

Rooms & service

First let me say that I made reservations two months in advance. I had asked for a king room, non-smoking. Upon arriving we were given a 2 bed, smoking room. This room REAKED OF SMOKED!! I went to the service desk to complain and was told that there were no other rooms. I asked to speak to management and was told that he would be here in about 5 minutes. After about 20 minutes, he finally showed up. He would not acknowledge me even standing there and then proceeded to the back room with the clerk. The clerk came out and offered us a different room that they had overlooked and we thanked them. When we went to the new room, we found another 2 bed smoking room that also REAKED OF SMOKE!! Complaining once more, we were told that this was all we had, take it or leave it. I would not recommend this lodge. The management has a bad attitude and does not care for the comfort of its customers. The Bass Pro Shop was very accomodating and the service could not have been better!

Very Nice, Very Relaxing Experience!

OK, I was a Vegas virgin, but I was going to Vegas for a literary conference, not for a week of gambling, drinking, and debauchery. My friend wanted to stay off strip so we chose the Silverton. All in all we had a very pkeasant experience! The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were quite comfortable (I actually slept through the first night which is something I rarely do) since the beds were pillowtop and high quality. The restaurants and the buffet served good food and the wait staff was, again, quite helpful. Yes, there is a drive to the strip but we rented a car from US rental for an excellent price and they upgraded us to a convertible. There was a concert by the Commodores while we were there and they stayed around the hotel after their performance. There were previous comments on this board about the clientale and they all looked to be your basic middle class mix, and yes there were some kids but not a tremendous amount. The gambling clientale included locals. There was no evidence of 21 year old drunkeness that I saw everywhere on the strip that weekend. My one complaint - watered down martinis that I paid full price for but that was adjusted. All in all a very pleasant experience for the excellent rate that we obtained!

Great Hotel, Great Price, Great Experience

My husband and I have come out to Vegas a few times now and stayed at Circus Circus. We were happy with that hotel, but since it is crawling with children and parents everywhere, we decided to find somewhere quieter this time around, off the strip. My husband was very leery about trying a new hotel, as his motto is "Why change if it's clean?" We stayed during the week of the 22nd and had a very pleasant experience. When checking in we asked for a quiet, nonsmoking room that had a mountain view. That is exactly what we were given (all of the rooms have a mountain view, if that's what you are looking for in a hotel). Our room was completely new, with pillowtop mattress (just like home!!!), leather couch, huge desk with two chairs, two long wall mirrors, a minibar that we could stuff a couple items in for later, and a free safe (locked with a credit card). The maid staff was very good in caring for our room and for the first time in my life I felt generous enough to tip my maid. We ate at the new buffet and the grill downstairs, and both places we were treated very well. We swam in the pool when we were out there and I think the most people at the pool at any given time was ten.

All in all, this hotel is very good for people who want to get away from the hustle on the strip. A rental car is a must for this hotel, since it is three miles away from the strip (which is a five minute drive up I-15 to Mandalay Bay). We didn't take the shuttle, as we had a car. All hotels on the strip have free valet parking so pick one and park. We used valet at night at the Silverton and during the day on the strip, averaging out to $3.00 a day for the service (I usually give 2 dollars for valet off the strip and 1 dollar for valet on the strip-the guys on the strip told me most nights they can take home $300 a night in tips, double on the weekend).

As for the Silverton, if you demand a non-smoking room, you need to get there in the early afternoon. They don't have 3,000 rooms, they have 300. Two hundred rooms are set aside for non-smoking. I feel that they could change some of the rooms to non-smoking, but that is probably why some complaints about the smell of the rooms exist now (they probably at one time were completely smoking). Our room didn't smell at all, but we always bring a citrus spray anyway because of lack of bathroom fans.

From one Vegas fan to another, don't waste your time at Circus, it doesn't even compare to the Silverton.

a few flaws

by TripAdvisor Member riotgirl

we just returned from a 6 day stay at the silverton. upon arrival, the front desk clerks act like you are doing THEM a favor for staying at the hotel.

the room itself was clean, but faced a brick wall, (partial view of the pool). because there were 3 of us staying in the room, i asked for more towels.... nothing appeared until the next day when i had to find a maid to give me some extra. my biggest complaint was the housekeeping service! not only do they come knocking at your door at 8 am, but, they don't seem to keep up on your needs. i was always asking for more shampoo, or towels. twice our room was not made up because we chose to leave the room at noon. it took me calling housekeeping at 10 pm for more toilet paper. room service was quick and hot.

we made a killing in the casino during the week, but the slots tightend up on saturday. valets were good, but the same guy doubled as the bellman, so it took more time to have our bags taken down to the car. all in all, i liked the small atmosphere of this hotel, it made me feel safe. one more thing, i thought children were not allowed in the casino. i saw so many kids sitting at the slots while their mothers played them!!! i'd stay here again only if our nights are "on the house".

Stay at the Silverton

We have visited the Silverton many times, but never stayed as guests. So this was our first experience as guests of the hotel. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed my husband and I have ever slept on. We have always loved the casino for its casual atmosphere and the great staff. The employees always seem friendly, accommodating and even remember our names in the casino. The restaurants are superb.....Twin Creeks has a wonderful ambiance, excellent food and service and is very reasonably priced! We ate there 2 nights in a row and had the same thing it was so good!!! We look forward to the new Mexican restaurant coming!

All in all we had a great experience staying at the Silverton and the only thing I think they can improve upon is the pool area. They should have t.v.'s under the gazebo's and a bar either in the pool area or in the pool.

Look out Vegas Here I come

by jennwerner

Hi!!! Just posting to say Ray and I will be in Vegas Feb 21 - 24 2008 if any one wants a meet up. Or if any one has any must sees let me know. Where is the best buffet in town??
Thanks,
Jenn

by lostsooner55

A good link for Las Vegas : http://www.a2zlasvegas.com. They have a page that deals with buffets. Gary

by lostsooner55

You can also go to: http://www.ieatvegas.com. Yes, it actually is a valid website.lol. Gary

by jennwerner

Cool thanks for the info. Cant wait to ride the coasters I hope they are open in February...

Jenn

by tre01us

I hear that Rio has a great buffet. I've been to the MGM Grand buffet and that's good. I believe the Mirage has an excellent buffet now too. For a less expensive, but good buffet....try Silverton Casino buffet.

Comments