2989 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Free t-shirts!Free t-shirts!

Advertising Elvis at the AriaAdvertising Elvis at the Aria

Laundromat

by MapleMoose

Does anybody know of a laundromat within walking distance of the Fremont St hotels? Staying 2 weeks and don't want to throw money away to the hotels for cleaning. There are too many other places to throw it away!

Re: Laundromat

by yvr

I am sure that where ever you are staying the folks at the front desk will be able to direct you to to closest self serve laundry.

Re: Laundromat

by rdywenur

or just look up address and fremont on google. I think there is one on sahara

Fastest way to fine ANY business in the U.S.

by PR-7

1) Go to www.SuperPages.com

2) Click on "Advanced Search"

3) Select the distance to search in the pull-down menu

4) Put an x in the "Search by Distance" Box

5) Type out the kind of business you are looking for, in "Keyword"
In this case, "Laundry"

6) Type out the starting point (address, city, or ZIP code) for the search
In this case, "200 Fremont Street, 89101"

7) Click on the [Search] Button

Busy Bee Laundromat is at 1201 Stewart Avenue, Suite 8

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Poker APP For IPHONE & Android

by twinkles76

On my recent trip to Las Vegas which I played a fair bit of poker I found a poker app for my phone(Iphone) and I think its available on Android too.. Its called Vegas Poker Now and I used it every day and would highly recomend it if your traveling to Vegas to play poker(especially if you play tournaments and like getting around different poker rooms). It list all the poker rooms and times of the each tournament and you can search tournaments by time,buy in, and type of game.. I will always have this on my phone for when I travel to Vegas..

My hometown

by TrueGemini

Being a native born and raised here in Vegas, I can tell you a lot about this city from my life, but having a family that has resided here since the 1930's means that I can tell you even more than most know.

If you are traveling to Las Vegas, fell free to contact me. I will tell you everything there is to know, help you find deals on shows, rooms, and attractions, as well as tell you some things you didn't know.

See the fountains at Bellagio....

by cbabbitt

See the fountains at Bellagio. I read somewhere that this display should be featured on the US postage stamp. Try to catch the fountains at night and stick around the area for an hour to see a few of the many varieties. The opera versions are especially nice. The fountains are still good during the day, but evening is the way to go. We viewed them from the driveway of the casino, the walkway from Bally's and the sidewalk out front. Can't say which is best though. This was my fourth trip to Vegas and the first time I ventured outside of the casino world. My girlfriend and I rented a convertible (away from the airport to save and additional 10% sales tax) and drove through Boulder City to Hoover Dam and then up along Lake Mead to the Valley of Fire. The next morning we took the half hour drive out of the city to Red Rock. For proximity and scenery, Red Rock simply can not be beat. It was cool and early in the morning so nobody was around. I wonder what it's like when it gets crowded.

Las Vegas Tip

by Psychokiwi

I remember expecting to stay in one of the casino hotels that they have. Instead, we ended up staying at some Motel 6 just outside the city. If you look in my tavelogues, I'll include information and a picture of some of the major hotels/casinos. I'm doing this to help visitors chose the place they want to visit.

Casino rules/tips

by erudisel

I won't get into specific advice for particular games because there are too many to count. But a few pieces of advice to keep you from getting into trouble. Trust me, I found out the hard way on these. I do the research for you.

- Don't use your cell phone at a table. Don't even try it, especially at the MGM with a pit boss named Leonard on the floor.

- Don't call pit bosses by their first name. They don't like it.

- Don't touch your winnings until everyone has been paid out. This rule is slightly different for different games, but, in general, it's not a good idea. The casino looks for cheaters moving money around while the dealer is paying everyone out. You don't want to be put in the group.

- No photos on the casino floor. This seems like common sense, but many people try taking photos at the tables. Don't do it. Or Lenny might come after you.

- Gamble late. The most fun you will have gambling is at 3 a.m. with a table full of people you don't know. This is one of the best times you can have gambling. These will be your best friends for a few hours. It can even take the sting out of losing.

- Don't curse at the tables at Tropicana. I didn't understand it either, but I'm serious. If you must curse, make sure you curse in a language that the dealer doesn't understand (German seems to work well for many).

- Play at tables somewhat near a restroom if you will be drinking. It saves you time after you've had that 19th gin and tonic. You don't want a 10 minute walk through the casino maze everytime you have to go.

- USE a player's card. This is how most casinos give comps now. Use it every time, even if you're only playing four or five hands. There are usually signs that will point you in the right direction if you need to get a player's card. Get one the second you set foot into the casino.
_______

That's it for now. I'll add more at a later date.

Comments