Stardust Resort & Casino

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Family Travel Casino and Gambling
DJMist's Profile Photo

Stardust

by written on July 10, 2007

Rate was good ($79/night) for a place on the strip - nice rooms, nice casino, nice pool area.

Unique Quality: This is the casino Wayne Newton performs at but he wasn't playing while we were there.

doreenellen's Profile Photo

Stardust goes down

by written on March 13, 2007

2.30am this morning The Stardust was blown up. It is a really sad day, but exciting for everyone who saw the fireworks and it crumbled to the ground. To see our room falling down was a sad day for me. We had some fun there last year.

apuleuis's Profile Photo

Bye Bye

by written on February 13, 2007

We could see it being torn down from our hotel window. 48 years it was open. Thats Vegas for you. I'll hardly recognise the place next time I go because so much is always changing.

Directions: Not going to find it anymore.

TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

A little Las Vegas history soon to be demolished

by written on August 19, 2006

As I made a VERY last minute decision to fly to Las Vegas from Reno on a Saturday night, my choices were limited as to what was available on The Strip. There are very few hotels I have not stayed in, visited friends, or walked through but since I had never stayed at the Stardust and since is it scheduled for demolition later this year, I decided to try it before this Las Vegas landmark is gone forever. In a nutshell, I was not disappointed.

The last minute reservation system worked flawlessly, the room rate ($84.00 US) was reasonable for the circumstances, and the hotel, restaurants and room were clean, efficient and met my 12 hour needs just fine.

I would recommend this hotel now that I have stayed here. It is not the Bellagio or Mirage but a simple old-style Las Vegas hotel-casino with modern amenities and accomodations.

Unique Quality: I was not at the hotel long enough to really appreciate what they had to offer. I ate twice in their 24 hour cafe and both the service and food were excellent.

The room I had offered a great western view to the mountains and north to the downtown/Stratosphere areas. There is a drug store right across the street (Las Vegas Blvd). so that is convenient and the hotel backs up to Industrial Blvd. where all the gentlemen's clubs are (including the Sapphire right across the parking lot and the Sapphire is touted as the world's largest gentlemen's club).

Directions: South of the Stratosphere and Circus Circus, north of Fashion Show Mall and the Wynn.

imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Good-bye old friend

by written on July 19, 2006

The Stardust was the first place I ever stayed in Vegas. It's a bit away from the action, but I'd never been to Vegas before and I had no idea. Still, the employees were friendly. I do believe that the Stardust has the most garish casino carpet, and that's a pretty competitive race.

I have stayed in far more expensive hotels on the strip, and the Stardust's rooms can hold their own. It's the largest room I've ever had in Vegas.

Alas, the Stardust is scheduled for implosion in the Fall of 2006. I stopped by July 2006 to say good-bye. Every little thing makes me miss my sister, but since this was our first vacation we took together, I feel particularly sentimental about this place.

Unique Quality: I've heard the sports lounge is the best in Vegas.

L_stGrrlDi_s's Profile Photo

Cheap and Stinky

by written on January 10, 2006

I stayed at the Stardust for 5 nights with another friend. The place was certainly cheap, too far down on the main strip. I would have been more satisfied being in the middle of the strip. But you get what you pay for. The place did not smell good either.

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Good shows and Casino

by written on October 22, 2005

I enjoyed my one visit to Stardust, the Casino was very comfortable and the George Carlin show I took in there was very nice. A bit North of the center of the energy, but overall I wouldn't discourage staying here if you want to be out a bit from all the chaos.

UPDATE Stardust is no longer- Demolished in the name of Las Vegas progress, most lekely for some sort of high dollar condos, Vegas again takes steps to outprice the average person! Check the link below for a cool demolition video!

Directions: North end of the strip

Vegasdi623's Profile Photo

Good---for the price

by written on August 23, 2005

Very retro-feel. The service was okay-received room service every day, other family members staying in other rooms were not so lucky! The room had an annoying little glitch..the toilet would run, out of the blue for about 10 seconds. This happened ALL NIGHT LONG! The first night was annoying but by the second night, I was too tired to even do anything about it. Guess I could have moved--but decided to just deal with it!

The slots at Stardust are pretty nice--I didn't win a whole lot, but I did have a good streak going for a while.

Oh, on the price thing--the trip was a birthday present so I didn't have to pay for the room! But if I had to guess--I think it was probably about $50/night (?)

Unique Quality: Retro '50's feel. Old-school. Pretty nice view.

Directions: On the strip--you really can't miss it!!

Good value on the Strip

by written on March 29, 2005

My partner and I stayed at the Stardust for four nights. After a long wait at the check-in, we got to our room. The hotel shows its age a bit - we noticed minor things like a ripped blanket and deteriorating grout in the bathroom floor tile. But despite these minor flaws, it was clean, quiet and best of all, non-smoking.

The casino sprawls across the whole length of the hotel and has a wide variety of games to suit everyone. It wasn't as smoky or as noisy as I expected. They have some handy coin changer machines for a quick cashout.

There are several restaurants - we ate at the Tony Roma's, and the overpriced, 24-hr Island Paradise Cafe. We avoided the Coco Palms buffet because of some unkind reviews. We also skipped the upscale William B's steak house and the Sushi King Japanese restaurant.

Unique Quality: We did not choose this hotel for its amenities. This was our place to sleep at night while we went out and did other stuff during the day. For that purpose and with those expectations, the Stardust was a great choice.

I have read unfavourable reviews of the older East Tower and the Villas surrounding the pool. Ask for a room in the newer West Tower. If you can get a south-facing room overlooking the Strip it should be quite a view.

The clientele tends to be middle-aged to senior here. If your idea of fast--paced nightlife is a Wayne Newton concert, then this is the place for you. Otherwise go elsewhere.

Some people complain about the North Strip location, but we found it to be just fine. We enjoy walking, so that wasn't an issue for us. The Fashion Show Mall is just a five to ten minute walk south, past the New Frontier. From there you get into the newer resorts of the South Strip.

I've heard rumours that the Stardust's days may be numbered. The owners, Boyd Gaming, have reportedly been buying up property around the Stardust. This might signal their intention to implode the hotel and build a new megaresort on the property. So, I'd get it while the getting's good... hotel prices on the Strip are almost beyond the means of the average vacationer.

Directions: On the northern end of the Strip on the west side (southbound traffic). To the north is Circus Circus, Slots-A-Fun and Westward Ho. To the south is the New Frontier. Across the street is the Riveria.

joanj's Profile Photo

Nice Pool too!

by written on November 4, 2003

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular resort, and it has no theme, but to my mind is a good functioning resort and casino, with a lovely pool and surrounding area.

Just right for chilling out after a long walk up and down the Strip.

Unique Quality: Great pool, and with shallow parts too, very attentive Lifeguards who do not allow you to move/carry sunbeds, they do it for you, and bring it to where you wish to relax, and also carry the towels for you.

Good restaurants, a Tony Roma's, coffee shops, little shopping arcade, buffett style eatery,

Photo by joanj

Directions: Next to Circus Circus

7 Photos of Stardust Resort & Casino

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews