Stratosphere Hotel and Casino

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Sienlu's Profile Photo

I like smaller Casinos

Many people asked me why I stayed at the Stratosphere when I have the choice of so many other amazing hotels on the Strip. Well, first I have great memories from when my parents came a few years ago, second I win better at smaller Casinos, lol (yes I do) and third I wanted to go to it's "Top of the World" Restaurant, without having to drive there (I like wine :).

The hotel rooms are really not that great, but hey, I don't go to Vegas to sleep. They are just regular rooms, very clean, the basics.

I enjoy their electronic roulette, it gives you the hot and cold numbers, and it's fast, no need to wait on a dealer to pay you. I guess it depends on how you look at it, some might prefer the human touch....I like that when I play cards.

It was perfect for our little get away with my best friend, I would definitely book a fancier room for a bigger group and different occasion,

Unique Quality: Amazing view of Las Vegas from the "Top of the World" restaurant, if you can stand elevators that go at incredible speeds and pop your ears.

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

Big Shot!

My stay at the Stratosphere was a good time! The beds were nice and comfy and rooms were immaculately clean. The room was a good size and it came equipped with iron/ironing board, toiletries and closet space to hang your clothing. It didn't come with a coffeemaker or a refrigerator. The former was okay because I don't drink coffee anyway. These things might be available, ask your housekeeper or reception if these items could be brought to you if you need them. My only gripe was the pool. It wasn't the biggest pool and neither was the hot tub. There was more deck-chair space then there was pool. I can only imagine how packed it would get in the summer months (I stayed here on a January). This hotel is the farthest out of all the hotels on the Strip, and from what I read, it's the only one that's located directly in the city of Las Vegas, which is unique. Pricing is changing, it depends on what kind of package deal you can get or if you call the day you arrive. Plus, I roomed with someone else, so I cannot give you an exact price quote, check your travel package deals on varying room rates.

Unique Quality: The rides are worth staying here alone for!! I only rode one, The Big Shot! It was a rush! You strap in, and get shot up all the way high above Las Vegas where you have a great view of the city! You get shaken a bit then head back down to Earth! I would definitely do it again!

Directions: The northernmost hotel on the Strip, you can't miss the giant tower, the tallest in Las Vegas

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Less crowded and serves it's purpose well.

I was very happy staying at the Stratosphere enough that I returned after a bad experience at the Luxor. Rooms are clean and well kept on a daly basis or not, depending if you have your privacy tag on the door. The casino is slow because it is down a way from the main strip. This is could be bad or good depending what you are looking for. For me, I had a rental car and I do not drink so I easily drive down the strip a few minutes and park where I like for more excitement. It was nice to return to a quieter hotel at the end of the night.

Unique Quality: Some down side to the facility. Starbucks is not open 24 hours. The weight and fitness room is in need of some seriously updated equipment, painting and organization. I felt like I was working out in my friends basement on equipment he bought at a garage sale.

Internet is not free. They do have wireless but it is $11.99 for 24 hours.

• You get what you pay for

We loved the view but the customer service was horrible, The maid actually just threw our stuff around the room when cleaning our room. To far away from the main part of the strip. Took almost a hour to get there by bus. the room where very clean.

Directions: Bad area

• dillon5000's Profile Photo

Enjoyed our stay 2010

I took my son to Las Vegas for his birthday. We were on a budget and booked the Stratosphere for three nights. Our room was clean, comfortable, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
    I have read reviews of long check ins, but we checked in late (10-11 pm on Saturday after calling them ahead of time), and it was about 15-20 minutes. Checkout on Tuesday was a breeze.
    The guys out front were good about getting cabs for us, and the day that we used the monorail, we picked up a coupon (2 for 1) at the concierge. The pool was great, service was good, and the buffet was adequate (I could only compare it to the Bellagio and needless to say- it was a large step down in quality, but also in price).
    I recommend it. We really, really enjoyed the view at the observation deck and the Big Shot ride atop the Stratosphere. The ride and the view cannot be put into words!

Unique Quality: The pool with the Stratosphere tower against the blue sky and the music playing was very nice. I also enjoyed the citrus mojitos and the surrounding mountains. I recommend the pool.
    See my comments about the Big Shot and the views from the Tower.

Directions: Northernmost part of the strip.

• Pretty Average Stay

My husband and I stayed at the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas in Aug of 2009. We actually did a road trip up to Las Vegas from Vancouver, BC. We actually ended up booking the Stratosphere online when we were in Idaho. We were just looking for somewhere not too expensive to stay at and that's on the strip.

When we arrived there, it was a nice hotel. Clean, friendly staff and nice rooms. For the price we paid it was worth what we were getting. BUT...what we didn't realize is how far up the strip we were. We weren't central at all.

As well, the pool was pretty lame compared to other hotels. Let's just say when we saw other hotels there, we wish we stayed somewhere else.

If we go back to Las Vegas, we would definitely stay somewhere more central, such as Imperial Palace, Monte Carlo, Paris etc.

Keep in mind, for $60 per night at the Stratosphere it wasn't a bad stay.

Unique Quality: If you go to the top of the Stratosphere you can see all of Las Vegas. It's pretty neat at night time with all the lights. Great place to take pictures. If you're staying at the hotel, it's free to go up there, if you're not you have to pay.

• what a place!

We just got back from Vegas and our stay at the Strat was 5-star! Our room was basic, but what else do you want when you're only in it for a few hours before heading out again? It was above all VERY neat, tidy and VERY clean! The housekeeping staff was top-notch and belonged there as every single staff member we came across was very polite, helpful and professional. The restaurants in the hotel could not have served a better meal...both the food and service were excellent and well above expectations. The Back Alley girls blackjack dealers were exceptional and very helpful to those who weren't regular players and very easy on the eyes to boot!! There is absolutely nothing negative to say about the Stratosphere and all it has to offer and would be my first pick for when I go back. I am highly recommending this hotel to everyone who wants their money's worth of a great vacation...more than a place to hang your hat for a few days/nights!!

Unique Quality: where do I start, and where do I finish? The whole experience was great with great food, great service a great view from the room very fast and friendly check in and out.

Directions: very south end of the strip

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Don't Book at the end of the Strip!

Stratosphere is too far away. It's located at the end of the strip (street). However, there are buses that goes back and forth the city! You might like to buy a weeks's bus pass if you want to explore the different hotels in the strip.

I have stayed in different hotels in Las Vegas everytime I go there. Believe me, we go there every year. Sometimes twice a year... But, I always chose hotels close where the action is. Never at the end of the strip.

There are many things to see at night and walking is the best way to go. After watching all those hotel attractions at night, your energy might be gone to go back to your hotel. All you needed to do is go back to your hotel and collapse and sleep!

Unique Quality: The Stratosphere is very nice I think. The games are exciting like the Drop. That's pretty scary. It's fun for people who are daring...

• Tableaux1's Profile Photo

Best Value on the Strip

The Stratosphere is easily the best value on the strip. The rooms are clean and modern. I had a room in the Premier Tower with a great view of the north end of the strip. The Casino is 80,000 square feet and the tower shops have all that you would expect from a hotel on the strip. The Stratosphere has several bars and restaurants located throughout the casino and the friendliest staff that I've encountered in all of Las Vegas. Of couse, The Stratosphere isn't as luxurious as Bellagio or Venetian, but your paying a fraction of the price!

Unique Quality: You have to take the elevator to the the top of the Stratosphere Tower at night. The view is spectacular!

Directions: Far north end of the strip.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Priced Right

Stayed here with some girlfriends and we had a room in the Towers. It was nicely decorated and was very satisfied with the cleanliness. The people here were very friendly and helpful.

At that time, the older neighborhood was right up against the hotel, so security was an issue with us. So just keep an eye on everything and everyone around you when you are in the parking area.

Has an 80,000-square-foot casino, 6 restaurants, salon, spa, two huge pools, spa, salon, high speed- internet access, indoor and outdoor fitness centers and some pretty neat Tower Shops.

• wavyhorses's Profile Photo

Good place

I recommend this as it is one of the few remaining reasonably priced hotels on the strip. At present the major drawback is it's location which is a bit seedy. However a short walk to the Monorail at The Sahara and you are in the thick of the action. Plus about a $10 taxi ride to Freemont Street. As this area is being developed the cost will rise, as there are several construction plans to do this. Enjoy this bargain while you can.

• doug48's Profile Photo

budget

the stratosphere is a budget hotel and casino located on the north end of the strip. the stratosphere is a good value but it's location is quite a distance from the heart of the strip. you can take the "duce" bus from the stratosphere to the center of the strip or to downtown.

Directions: north end of the strip, (las vegas blvd).

• tim07's Profile Photo

Stratosphere Hotel

Although not exactly on the strip, the hotel is still a great place to stay. The 301 bus which travels the length of Las Vegas Boulevard stops outside the hotel, this takes you to The Strip hotels or Fremont Street. The monorail that goes from Sahara to the MGM Grand is a short walk from the hotel.

The facilities here are what you would expect from a Vegas hotel, there's a spacious casino area, lots of bars & eating options. The main show here is American Superstars, an impersonator show.

Can't say anything negative about my stay here, check in & out was easy, the rooms clean & tidy, all the staff I came into contact with were courteous & professional.

Unique Quality: The main attraction of the hotel is the 1149 foot tower. At the top there is a revolving restauarant, shops, an indoor & outdoor observation deck. for thrill seekers there are 3 rides atop the tower, Insanity, X-Scream & Big Shot. If you don't fancy those the view from the tower of the city is awesome, try to visit at sunset.

Directions: Top end of The Strip.

• Crowe's Profile Photo

good value

A good value hotel.

Rooms are clean, staff are good.

Buffet restaurant is very good.

I would say that if you do all the sites in a short period I honestly think when you factor in the cost of transportation for a family. You would be cheaper staying somewhere much more central to the strip.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Tallest Tower in Western US!

The Stratosphere hotel and casino is one of the hottest places to go if you have a head for heights. The tower, at a massive 115 stories, gives you an unbeatable view of the Strip, permitting you to see with a bird's eye view. In many cases, you'll get to see the birds below, as well. If you are also interested in flying high, at the tip of the tower, you can be launched an additional 160 feet on a thrilling ride. While the tower doesn't have the hotel rooms, many of the rooms have fantastic views of the tower looking overhead.

The Stratosphere spacious rooms are designed to make certain that you are comfortable while emphasizing modern settings with two queen-size beds, a comfortable sitting area, and a lavish bathroom with plush towels and toiletries. The coffee-making facilities were well stocked, and there was a fridge crammed with alcohol . There are a variety of different room features at your disposal to help make certain that you can enjoy your stay and the best is that it has a weekday and weekend stay special that rooms are available for only $35 on weekdays and $85 on weekends! cheaper than staying at Motels! Plus the Buffet here are cheap! Courtyard buffet offer $18 lunch and $24 dinner buffets and Luck's Cafe Offers Midnight specials like a 12 ounce Rib eye steak for only S12 and Top of the World restaurant offers Colorado Rack of Lamb and Chateaubriand 3-course dinner for two.

The tower is one of the jewels of Las Vegas, towering above the hotels and casinos at a massive 151 stories. The needle, extending it a further 160 feet, shoots riders high up in the air for a thrill that won't be forgottenn plus it has insane rides at the top called Big Shot, Insanity and X-thrill!

Unique Quality: The Stratosphere is the northernmost of the major Strip casinos and the only one actually in the City of Las Vegas, as the rest of the strip south of Sahara Avenue is in the suburbs of Paradise and Winchester. Following its completion in 1996 it was initially less popular than first envisioned due to its location on the extreme north end of the strip, far away from the most popular hotel casinos. But its low room prices and unique offerings eventually ensured its success. While many tourists consider its location to be inconvenient, others feel the location is an advantage since it is equidistant between the more popular strip casinos and the downtown area (which includes the Fremont Street Experience) PLUS Public Buses ply the Las Vegas Boulevard route wherein you pay $2 for a one way ride up the the end of the strip at Mandalay Bay but better take the 24 Hour $5 Buss pass as it is more cheaper means of Transportation in/around the Various Casino's and Attractions in the Strip.

The casino at the Stratosphere spanning 86,000 square feet, has a variety of games that can please any level of gambler and the minimum bet on a card table game here is just $ 10 unlike the $ 25 of other areas. There are different table and slot games available, so you can have all of the fun you could want, regardless of which type is your favorite

Directions: Stratosphere Las Vegas

X-Scream at Stratosphere HotelX-Scream at Stratosphere Hotel

Stratosphere Hotel from a helicopterStratosphere Hotel from a helicopter

Stratosphere Hotel email

Hi
Need to contact hotel; preferably by email. They only publicise phone numb as far as I can see and I really need my booking confirmed by email. Anyone have an email address for them?

Thanks

by YVRDave

Try info@ or reservations@ stratospherehotel.com

Will do Dave. Thanks.

Dave
Reservations may be OK! - just awaiting response. Info bounced. So just mayby ...
Thanks again. I should've thought of just trying a few.

by YVRDave

If it doesn't, let me know. I'll call the 800 # and ask them for it.
By the way, it is not a highly recommended place.

by sabrepoint

Thanks for your offer Dave, but I'll ring them as I still have no email response. We've paid first night, so hope it's OK!
Cheers