Stratosphere Hotel and Casino

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Richard152's Profile Photo

An OK hotel

Obviously this got lost in the translation a bit but I was expecting a suite to be a room with at least a settee. this had a jacuzi bath only as an additional feature. Nevertheless, the rooms were comfortable and clean.

Unique Quality: 8th floor pool was OK but music a bit loud.

• RawdgerDodger's Profile Photo

The Cheapest of the Best!

It ended up costing me a total of $52 a night. A regular room cost $42 a night. My room included a great view of the west of Vegas as I was on the 20th floor. Overall, I would have to say that my stay was well worth it. I played Blackjack for half an hour before checking into the hotel and won $65 bucks playing single card blackjack at the Stratosphere Casino! I lied out at the pool and when the heat got to me, I took a dip and then pumped some iron at the outdoor Gym next to the pool. In the evening, I rode to the top of the Stratosphere and got to check out the entire strip of hotels that were glowing a multitude of neon colors.

Unique Quality: If you want to get a good look at the entire Las Vegas strip and the surrounding area, take the elevator up to the top of the Stratosphere and get that perfect view.

Directions: At the North side of the strip on Las Vegas Boulevard.

• stratosphere hotel and casino

The hotel room was very clean and adequate in size and design. Not too much noise from the hall ways. Tip do not upgrade to a junior suite for and extra 5$, it is a farce of a room. The hotel has a diner near the back of the casino floor, that has great food and extremely low prices. I did not find this diner until are last day. The club down in the casino right as you come out of the elevators I found to be very intresting place to listen to good music and people watch. I did this often since my husband was busy gambling, and I am not a very big gambler. I also suggest taking in the combo show of american superstars and bite (if they are still playing. American superstars wise a highly amusing and toe tapping good time, While bite is a very erotic performance of vampire lust, done with excellent dance moves, music, and some very suprising acrobatics. (best for couples) The only down fall to this casino is that it is at the end of the streep, and thank goodness I like to walk, because we did alot of it to get to the main part of the strip. overall, I still say great hotel at good rates. And dont forget the tower and it's rides, Excellent times if you are not hung over

Unique Quality: Obviously the best view of vegas on the top of the stratosphere, which if you are a guest you recieve a discounted price, that goes for the shows as well. Oh and they have a late check out feature for $25, your new check out time is 6:00pm. (Which I highly suggest if you have a late flight and may be nursing a hangover)

Directions: as above

• Stratosphere - Be on top of the world!

Stratosphere is one of the cheapest hotels on the strip, and very good value for your money. I have stayed there at both my visits to Vegas, and would not hesitate to stay there again. I really recommend that you have a car at your disposal whilst there, as it is quite far from the centre of the strip, and you will be dehydrated after walking for 5 minutes in the Vegas-sun. Nevertheless, the rail-system in Vegas runs from the Sahara which is located next door to the Stratosphere, and the trains leave often. Did I mention that you can drive some of the worlds coolest cars at Sahara??! Visit: http://www.thedrivevegas.com/ for more information. The price is LOW, and you drive at a marked track with an instructor.

The poker room at Stratosphere is great, with several pleasant tournaments running both day and night (ranging from $50-$100 freeze out). The rooms are spacious and clean, they've got several buffet options, a shopping mall and even a Mac Donald's restaurant inside the hotel! (Did I hear "Only in America?)...

Unique Quality: Uh.. I guess the 1,149 foot tower outside can be considered to be one of the Stratosphere's "unique qualities". If you stay at the hotel, you get a free pass to the tower at daytime (at least we did). I really recommend this, even though you have to suffer through a long line. We had breakfast at the top one day, and the service and food was great!

• Try it you will like it

I first book my room on the web. For some reason my reversions did not make it to the hotel. I found this out the next day when I called to confirm it. The person on the phone was very helpful and booked our room. Our flight cam in very late and I was afraid we would lose our room. We did not get to the hotel until 2:00 am Las Vegas time. We where told the hotel was over booked. Okay here it is 2:00 am really for me 5:00 am I had been up for almost 24 hours. Well, with in a minute we where in the grand suite for the cost of a regular room with the Internet special.
    Try it you will like it.

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Staying at the Strat

My sister and I went in July 2001. They had just remodeled and our room was magnificent. The staff went out of their way to be helpful, with the exception of housekeeping. Unfortunately, they only made the bed or brought new towels when we called down. And they looked at us like they were expecting a tip each time.

Unique Quality: The pool area was very nice. It's very far out of the way, and for that reason I don't think I'd stay there again. I have been back to go up the tower and ride the rides. I've heard the restaurant is fabulous and I'd like to go there one day.

• Bursland's Profile Photo

It ain't half high Mum

We stayed at the Stratosphere Tower Hotel for 2 nights on day 14/15 of our Route 66 road trip .This was a side trip but was too close to miss.Our first room was a good size with a great view ,but unfortunately was a non smoking room.However guest services changed the room straight away with no fuss.The second room was equally as good with a slighly diferent view of the Strip.The location is a bit far from the centre of things and it is a long walk approx 2 miles to casinos such as Caesars Palace .In the heat walking is probably not a good option ,but there are plenty of cabs and buses .

Unique Quality: As the hotel is high rise the views are stunning ,we didn't venture up the tower but I imagine the views from there are even better.One other outstanding thing was the buffet ,it was quite busy which meant a small wait,but the value and choice was excellent.

Directions: Top end of Las Vegas Blvd. South

• mambojoe's Profile Photo

End Of The Strip - Great Stay

The Stratosphere is located at the end of the Strip on your way towards the old downtown section. Any further up the strip and you'll be in the creepy party of town, but walking down the Strip towards all the other major casinos is safe and a breeze. A 3-block walk gets you to the monorail.
    Very nice room with all that you would expect from a moderately priced Vegas hotel. Decent shopping but nothing like the big-league shopping going on at Paris, the Venetian, or Bally's. The view from the Stratosphere Tower can't be beat. Clean all around. Nice casino with good gaming even in the bars.

Unique Quality: Exercise facilities with a nice variety of equipment. Video poker and slots at the bar.

• trina1's Profile Photo

Best view of the strip

Hotel was fine , the rooms were nice . loads of shops and the rides at the top of the tower were some of the best i have been on .
    The only draw back was it was so close to a dodgy part of town we were told never to go out the back door . Also you spend a lot of money on cabs with this hotel as it is about 25 min walk to the edge of circus circus and the beginning of the strip.

Unique Quality: The vews from the top of the tower were great , go up just before dusk and see the strip in daylight then watch as it gets darker and all the lights start to come on.

Directions: Just passed the biggest general store in the world.

• Tower with attractions for crazy people

As we reserved regular room it was quite a surprise for us to walk into small sitting room with tv, love seat, arm chair, end table and coffee table. TV cabinet had build in fridge. Beyond the wall was small bedroom accommodating two nightables, king size bed and ANOTHER TV. Window had o.k. view, however, in the background you could see mountains and we enjoyed looking at them from time to time as sun was coming down and they were changing colour.

Bathroom was small, but clean, sink/counter and mirror were incorporated into sitting room right beside the bathroom door, which was not bad idea. We found the room on 21st floor #32138 clean and comfortable and I quess that based on number 3 in front of the room number someone would be able to say in which Stratosphere location we were accommodated.

On check in we received coupons for free entry to the Tower (between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.), there was decent FREE afternoon show in Hotel and we also got 2-4-1 coupon for their show American Superstars.

We would recommend Stratosphere as one of the hotels you stay in on your trip to LV on day when you plan to use 24 hour double decker bus(stop on your left when you exit hotel). Great deal $5/24 hours - takes you everywhere. After staying there for a day, enjoying the show and the view, move on to one of the hotels in centre of the Strip. If you travel light, you can use your 24 hrs bus ticket to relocate.

Unique Quality: Location is at the end of the strip, there are some older smaller hotels around, not much. We were not interested in pool or room service - cannot comment.

Directions: Towards end of the Strip

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Fun, Food, Park, Slots all at Stratosphere

We very much enjoyed the stay at the Stratosphere, it sticks out like a thumb and you can always find it which is a good quality in a town you are not familiar with. The rooms were average, nothing fancy, but clean and well taken care of. But the hotel itself is designed to keep you there, it has nearly everything, you can find good or inexpensive restaurants and coffee bars, ice cream (as you can see by the Hagen Daz man with Tal), they have a revolving restaurant on the 100th floor (or near enough) which you should try, but make reservations for dinner. The slots and gambling casino is on the ground floor and you can lose ALL YOUR MONEY there if you are not careful. There is also the observation floor, just above the restaurant which gives you the best view in Las Vegas, WAY ABOVE anything else. And last, but not least they have an amusement park ON THE ROOF....

Unique Quality: The room rates actually vary at a heavy rate between the middle of the week and the weekend. For two nights during the week we paid only $US 40 per night for the three of us. For a single night on the weekend we paid $US 84....

Directions: At the end of the strip.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The Famous Nevada Needle

I had to take a cab to get to this one, located to the extreme North end of Vegas with really nothing around it to do other than go to the top. I was told by others who had been before me that it was free, but appearantly now they charge you, and then the roller coaster costs extra. I kept my money, gambled a bit, had a drink at the Fat Tuesdays inside and went on my way. I'm sure the roller coaster would be an adrenaline rush, but I spent my money elsewhere.

Unique Quality: There is, as I've heard, a very nice restaurant at the top of this needle.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Panoramic views of the Las Vegas area.

At 1,149 feet, the Stratosphere Tower is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States and the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. The Stratosphere Hotel and Casino opened in 1996 with 1500 rooms.

Unique Quality: Thrill seekers can enjoy excitement over 100 stories above the ground on the Big Shot thrill ride and the High Roller roller coaster, which is the world highest roller coaster as it takes riders around the outside of the pod. With 32 degree angles the High Roller literally takes riders over the edge.

Directions: At the end of The Strip.

• JEH15343's Profile Photo

Sitting Nice and High

The most comfortable beds EVER!!!! That was my favorite party of this hotel! Well that and the view! The view is miraculous!!!! The rides at the top are fun, except for the lame roller coaster. If you like roller coasters, you won't like that one!!! The biggest downside to staying at the Stratosphere, is the fact that it's all the way at the north end of the strip, while all of the fun things are at the south end of the strip. Highly recommended if you're traveling on a budget.

Unique Quality: Other than being really high, it has rides on top of it! The Insanity is well worth the money if you are thrill ride seeker.

Directions: North end of the strip.

• ROCKARIA's Profile Photo

STRATOSPHERE TOWER HOTEL..NORTH OF STRIP

The Stratosphere Tower is situated at the far north end of the strip....Once inside there is a very large casino,Shopping Arcade bar,restaurant,Night club....you name it...there is everything like all other Hotels on the strip.
    The room was quite,large with modern furniture and very clean.
    This hotel is structurally as a tower and is the highest point looking over LAS VEGAS.
    At 1,149 feet the Stratosphere Tower is the tallest free standing observation tower in the United States and the tallest building west of the Mississippi River.
    From the observation decks.lounge,restaurants,meetings,banquet and private dining rooms,guests enjoy panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip and the surrounding valley.
    One can also go straight to the top floor and especially at night see the whole of LAS VEGAS ...while the top of the tower is slowly rotating!!
    Also for the more adventurous type and with a good hearth condition ...paying customers can be strapped in a carriage on the top part of the tower which will be levered out of the tower as to create a space floating feeling for the riders......crazy only to see it...let alone try it!!

Unique Quality: Well i walked all along the whole of the strip once and from the Stratosphere Tower Hotel to the end of the strip took me nearly 4 hours....

Directions: At the North end of the strip

More about Stratosphere Hotel and Casino

Stratosphere Hotel - Las VegasStratosphere Hotel - Las Vegas

Courtesy Stratosphere HotelCourtesy Stratosphere Hotel

X-Scream at Stratosphere HotelX-Scream at Stratosphere Hotel

Stratosphere Hotel from a helicopterStratosphere Hotel from a helicopter

Stratosphere Hotel email

Hi
Need to contact hotel; preferably by email. They only publicise phone numb as far as I can see and I really need my booking confirmed by email. Anyone have an email address for them?

Thanks

by YVRDave

Try info@ or reservations@ stratospherehotel.com

Will do Dave. Thanks.

Dave
Reservations may be OK! - just awaiting response. Info bounced. So just mayby ...
Thanks again. I should've thought of just trying a few.

by YVRDave

If it doesn't, let me know. I'll call the 800 # and ask them for it.
By the way, it is not a highly recommended place.

by sabrepoint

Thanks for your offer Dave, but I'll ring them as I still have no email response. We've paid first night, so hope it's OK!
Cheers