Streamline Towers

425 Freemont St 150 N Las Vega, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

More about Las Vegas

Celebrating Year of the Rabbit at Bellagio GardensCelebrating Year of the Rabbit at Bellagio Gardens

Dee's 22-inch carry-on luggage and purseDee's 22-inch carry-on luggage and purse

French Market BuffetFrench Market Buffet

Circular EscalatorsCircular Escalators

When is the best time to Travel to Las Vegas

by jodky

Hi we are an Australian family with an 8 and 11 year old. We have been given conflicting advice. We wanted to go when the american kids are in school - quietest time possible. We are travelling to La, Las Vegas, Orlando, New York and maybe Canada.

I have been told August, October and May are best times!!??? Confused

by PinkFloydActuary

I'm not sure the "quietest" (there's a relative term!) times in Vegas necessarily coincide with the school calendar. July and August would probably be as close to off season in Vegas as you get because of the brutal heat, but of course, that is when schools are out. The last two years, I've been there in late Sept. / early Oct. and it has been quiet, but that may be more a function of the economy. From what I've read, the absolute emptiest week is between Christmas and New Years.

Since this is part of a multi-city trip, your best bet is to pass through Vegas in the middle of the week (i.e. Monday - Thursday) - the weekends are much busier at any point in the year. Do it in August, and you'll probably see Vegas about as quiet as it gets. One last piece of advice is to search to see if there are any massive conventions in town, but again, I think these are sparse in the summer months.

by Aloe9678

Exactly - every other place you're visiting might be affected by school schedules, but Vegas is a different kind of place. Visiting during the week is probably the best thing you can do, regardless of which month you decide on.

by jodky

Thanks everyone for your answers - it has been a great help definately going in October. The trip is for my husbands 40th so I can't rule out Vegas (it's his dream) but we are taking nanna with us to babysit at night. My thoughts were to fly into LA train or bus to disneyland then fly to Vegas train or bus to Grand Canyon back to LA to fly to Orlando then fly to NY then fly back to LA staying 4 days to a week and a half at each. Does this sound like a decent plan? Open to suggestions....we plan to stay from 4 weeks to 6 weeks...our kids will be 8 and 11 years.

by twinkles76

Hello Fellow Aussie.. He will love Vegas and yes its a must if your going to the USA.. I will be there at the end of the month for my 6h time for a month with a few weekend trips planned to NFL etc..

As for returning back to LA after vegas is that just to fly to Orlando or to stay a little while.. If i was doing it I would do the whole LA first than fly to Vegas then fly from Vegas to Orlando to save backtracking.. Just sounds like your going to LA 3 times. If your doing a loop across and back I would throw in San Fransico on way home or start in SF and go back through LA on way home..

Just some sites that will help you with discounts etc

It also has Orlando,New York as well..

Any other help private message me..

Thanks Mat

by Blonde4ever

So happy you didn't choose August!
It is like stepping into your oven then! LOL

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Casinos Now Gone

by Tom_Fields

They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. But nothing really stays in Vegas forever. Even some of the most famed, most celebrated casinos have bitten the dust. If you're lucky, you may get to see one of them being imploded. In any case, if you visit and return ten years later, you'll see some new places and probably notice some missing ones. Here are a few casinos that are no longer in Las Vegas. I stayed at the Westward Ho in 2004, because it was affordable and well situated right on the Strip. Too bad it's gone. I hope that the Strip will always have places to stay on a modest budget, but that appears increasingly unlikely.

For more information, go to:

what happens in vegas...stays in vegas

by kazander

Las vegas is fake. Pretend. A weird amusement park for adults. I suppose this gives people a freedom to do whatever they want, be whatever they want ect.. I mean they rent Lamborghini's on the strip, you could be a rock star for a day! Something to be aware of, take adventage of.....or not. my fondest memory of vegas..was really just being there with my boyfriend...sappy I know, but true

THE STRIP.LAS VEGAS FAMOUS...

by andreahoenig

THE STRIP.LAS VEGAS FAMOUS STREET OF LIGHTS MUSIC AND
ATTRACTIONS LIKE A FIRE VOLCANO,PIRATES FIGHTING OVER TREASURE ON THEIR SAIL SHIPS OR SIMPLY THE MOST EXCITING ROLLERCOASTER AT THE NEW YORK NEW YORK.ALONG THE STRIP YOU FIND COFFEE SHOP RESTAURANTS AND GIFT SHOPS.THE CASINOS HAVE BRIGHT LIGHTS SHINING IN ALL DIFFERENNT COLORS ALONG THE STREET.

Free Entertainment

by madamx

There is so much free entertainment around Las Vegas, that you really don't have to spend a cent on a show if you don't want to.

Desert Passage, which is in the Aladdin, has hourly entertainment starting at about 1:30 pm, and includes all sorts of very good acts that are of the Cirque du Soliel genre. At the other end of the mall is this duelling piano act that is quite entertaining. There is also a thunderstorm in the centre area, but I didn't happen to catch it.

Also, the Forum Shops at Caeser's Palace has free entertainment as well.

Just looking at the hotels and people watching also makes the time go by very quickly.

Vegas Hotels

by goingsolo

The Vegas Strip hotels are unique and amazing in their interiors. Some of them at least. This photo was taken in the Mirage lobby where there's a rainforest theme. Outside its 110 deg and a desert and in here its cool, air conditioned and very very green.

I tried to summarize my impressions of the hotels that I visited in the hotels section of this page. Most activity on the Strip centers around the hotels with their lobbies, restaurants, shows and casinos. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them all, but there's always next time.

Comments