THEhotel at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

2061

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• NOT SAFE - don't stay here

My colleague and I were sharing a room at THE Hotel while attending a conference. During the day, our room was entered (THE Hotel knows what keys were used to enter our room) and many items and cash were stolen. The thiefs went through everything and THE Hotel did not reimburse us for our loses! Stay somewhere else!!

• Every spot for sale at the Mandalay properties

I have wanted to stay at THE Hotel for a long time. We've previously stayed at Mandalay and the Four Seasons (all 3 properties are linked) and I thought that the rooms at THE Hotel seemed sophisticated and spacious and I also thought that having that separate oasis would allow for better service and less crowds. And the good news is that the rooms are really quite nice for Vegas. That's all the good news I have. Room service delivery took almost an hour at 8 a.m. in the morning and we waited an hour for extra towels. But the real slam to customers is the pool. This year they have 'sold out' so much of the pool that - unless you arrive at 9 a.m. when it opens on a Saturday morning, you cannot get a seat. They have private 'beaches' sectioned off, a 'topless' area for which they charge admission, they sell admission to the pool area for people not staying there, there are dozens of cabanas for sale and now - NEW - because apparently that wasn't quite enough revenue, they have roped off sections where the lowly normal guests used to get beach chairs - they threw red pads on the chairs - and now charge $100 per chair. That's on top of $15 drinks and $25 inner tubes that you purchase to float on the lazy river. It's such poor customer service - such insulting greediness - that I won't return to this property and will not recommend it.

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo

A great choice

I've stayed at The Hotel several times and I've never been disappointed. The rooms are fantastic - huge and well appointed - each has a separate sitting room with a plasma TV, large bedroom's with Plasma TV's and great bathrooms with, you guessed it, plasma TV's (actually, these may be LCD's, but nonetheless, TV's in the bathroom).

The Hotel is part of Mandalay Bay Resort, yet it is removed and a little more stylish/refined. It's nice to be able to retreat to The Hotel, but access the casino, restaurants, pool, etc. of Mandalay Bay.

Definitely one of my favorite places to stay in Vegas.

Unique Quality: More upscale that the regular Mandalay Bay Hotel. Big, stylish rooms. Bar/club on roof.

• indigogranny's Profile Photo

Las Vegas

The Mandalay Bay is well situated close to the airport. It is a beautiful hotel and the casino is not smokey and great value for money. It is my favorite of all the Vegas casinos. A tram is provided that will take you for free to the Luxor, The New York, New York, and then a stroll across a overhead walkway leads you to the MGM Grand and Excalibur. From the MGM it is possible to board the monorail that takes travellers as far down the Strip as the Hilton, with many stops enroute to various casinos, including The Paris. The comparatively new monorail is a great boon for those with walking difficulties. One time, before the monorail, when we were staying at the Bellagio, my husband and I were loaned one of their wheelchairs as my husband was unable to walk far at the time due to serious back problems. I had much fun wheeling him up and down the strip. Now we are able to hop on the monorail, sit back and relax taking in the sights of the different casinos from a new perspective. Of course, Las Vegas is the home of my favorite band, The Killers, so with that in mind, it's a place I will always want to return to.

Directions: End of the Strip, near airport

• tommyg_stlouis's Profile Photo

Great Resort... not the best location

I loved my stay at Mandalay Bay !! I was offered a 2 night complementary stay, and it truly was free. (other than the gambling)... The room was excellent. Contemporary, stylish furnishings, an IPOD docking station, plasma tv, another plasma tv in the bathroom, separate shower and tub, marble flooring in entryway and bath, and an in-room safe (these are becoming scarce in Vegas). The staff was courteous, and housekeeping was great (and they actually observe the don't disturb sign). Check in was a breeze, check out was even easier. The casino has a great variety of games, both table and machine (no live keno, but I probably saved a few bucks because of that). I found the slots to be VERY tight, but that's just my opinion. Dealers were friendly and professional. The location of this property at the South end of the Strip offers a limited view of the rest of the Strip, but a great view of the Airport. Not so bad, it's actually interesting to watch the planes take off and land in between gambling sessions. The buffet selection was suprisingly limited, but all of the food offered was of excellent quality and the hot food was actually HOT !! Yes I would recommend Mandalay Bay to a friend, with the knowledge that you are staying at the Southernmost resort in Vegas. Rent a car !!

Unique Quality: Mandalay Bay offers some of the most LIBERAL Blackjack rules I've ever seen. The house stands on ALL 17's (advantage player) and surrender. If you're coming to Vegas to play Blackjack, I strongly recommend Mandalay Bay.

Directions: You can't miss it. It's the first casino on the left, driving North on the Strip.

• Sissyz's Profile Photo

suprize

oh and boy was it a surprize...everything a person could want in one hotel! Its got a FEW swimming pools, resturaunts, shows, shops and even more shops! This place is loaded, you could go to Vegas and just spend a few days inside perfectly occupied! And an even greater suprize was the fact that by the time we got to the hotel, 1:15am they had gotten rid of our room even though it was gaurented till 2:00am. This may sound bad, but it gets better...much better. We ended up getting a Penthouse Suite located on the 61/62 out of 63 floors and yes a free upgrade. Talk about amazing! This place had 2 floors, 10 TV, 61/2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms each with their own sitting room, a kitchen, dinning room, living room, etc... the list goes on and on. Now this is one of the real "once in a lifetime" situations. There is no way I would ever pay the amount that this place costed a night...but for $200 a night...its manageable!

Unique Quality: Every single thing about it!

• feag's Profile Photo

Birds in reception

I stayed at the Mandalay Bay and it is a lovely hotel with a great swimming pool and beach area my reason for adding this tip now is from another virtual tourists members piece on their tip on what they think is important about the birds in the cages in the lobby at mandalay.

copied & pasted what he said as wish to spread the word!

(One side note: I noticed that their birds in the main lobby seem to be taken care of pretty badly and are quite neglected. It was heart-breaking seeing their condition, both mental and physical. Putting pressure on them via emails online at their site now or contacting the manager or someone similar while there would probably help the quality of life of all these parrots, so if have a minute, I'm sure the parrots would appreciate it as they really do deserve better lives and Mandalay sure has the money and ability to provide them with this.)

Unique Quality: great pool & wave machine & lazy river

• Muzzaa's Profile Photo

A Beach in the Desert

A great looking hotel and some very high end services. It is a great place if it is your first stay. We have been 3 times now and the shine is definitely wearing thin. They have not done much in the way of renovation since our fisrt visit here, so looked stale to us. For someone who is visiting for the first time, it should still impress.

Unique Quality: Check out the wave pool and House of Blues. Mama Mia is playing here as well. Connected to the Luxor and Excalibar by a tram service, which is free to use. There is also a covered walkway that is full of shops that connects the 3 hotels. There is a shark tank in the far reaches of the property. It has a walkway through the tank similar to the one at the ocean center in Maui. If you dont want to pay the fee to get into the talk, it plays on the hotel television.

Directions: About 5 mins from the airport, right beside the Luxor.

• THE Best Hotel Ever!

THE hotel at Mandalay Bay is massive! My husband and I stayed there for our wedding/honeymoon and it was wonderful. We would definitely stay there again, although next time we are going to try somewhere else just for the experience.

This hotel is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms are 700 sq. ft. with two bathrooms, a bedroom, and a separate living area.

We arrived at 11 a.m. and asked right away if our room was ready even though check-in was hours away. It took a little while but eventually they let us check-in. It was so nice, after a 5 hour flight, to go right up to the room. The guests before us had taken anything that was not bolted down and none of it was replaced. We had to request everything from a robe, slippers, pen, stationery, etc. All of these things are standard and we should not have had to request them. One other thing that kept our experience from being perfect is a problem we had with a room credit. We prepaid our room bill due to the nature of our stay. It turns out that we overpaid and were not told until the time we checked-in. We were told we could just use to credit for room service, etc. Well, when we tried to use the credit for room service they would not allow us to, in fact, we couldn't find anything that we COULD use it for. It took some argument but we were able to get the overpayment credited back to our credit card.

THE Lounge at THE hotel is a great place to hang out. The waitresses are very friendly and the furnishings are very comfortable. We also visited MIX. The view from the elevator, the club, and even the bathroom stalls was amazing. Very pricey though. Also, the Burger Bar has quite possibly the best "upscale" burgers you'll ever taste.

Unique Quality: The views from our room were spectacular. We had floor to ceiling windows in the living room and bedroom. From the living room you could see the strip and from the bedroom you could see the mountains, the Luxor, and Mandalay Bay. There is a huge plasma tv in the living room and bedroom. There is also an LCD tv in the bathroom so that you can take a bath in the huge, deep tub, and watch tv at the same time. Very relaxing. The room had 1 and 1/2 baths. The full bath had a large shower, a huge tub, two sinks, plenty of counter space and the toilet had it's own "room."

Directions: Very end of the strip....the end closest to the airport

• HELEN's Profile Photo

One of THE Best

This might just be my new favorite hotel on the strip. THE Hotel is a new tower of the well known Mandalay Bay. Every room is a suite with a large living room and a bedroom. Not that anyone really sleeps in Vegas, but the beds are super comfortable. The bathrooms are very spacious and even have LCD screens in them.
    Just like the name, THE Hotel, everything inside is called THE Bar, THE Cafe, THE Coffee Shop.
    Depending on the time of your stay, the rooms can actually be pretty inexpensive. One of the time that I stayed there, the rooms were $400 a night, and another time they were $250. Even on an expensive weekend, it's not that much more than most of the other popular hotels on the strip, but is so well worth the price difference.

Unique Quality: Because THE Hotel is a sister of Mandalay Bay, they share the same pool. They have a couple of options. The most popular and largest is the Beach. The lounge chairs are set up on the sand, and the pool produces waves every 5 or 10 minutes. There's also a lazy river where you can float on a raft with a cocktail in hand. And the last, but certainly not least is the 21 and over, 'European style' pool, Moorea. It's a little on a smaller side, but is very chic and trendy. My friends and I love it.
    There's so much to do here, you may not even need to leave this place the entire time of your stay.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

A Beach in the Desert??

I didn't stay at Mandalay Bay but I would have if I had had children with me or if I liked the beach. At the time they had a wave pool and a lazy river (although their new website doesn't show that). I love that sort of thing so I wanted to stay there but the people I went with did not so....

I toured the hotel. Well, not all of it, but some of it. It's the last hotel on the strip so my feet were tired. I saw some fish aquariums and the casino but that was about it. I know they have a lot more to offer than that. They have shows, the new man-made beach, casinos, restaurants and more.

Again, prices vary so just look at rates and deals that the newspaper has or online.

Unique Quality: I would definitely recommend this hotel if you didn't want to wander all over the strip and if you wanted to spend your time lazing around water.

If you bring children I would definitely stay here!

Directions: End of the Strip

• baileyniko's Profile Photo

Mandalay Bay is a Classy Resort

Fortunately for me, my hotel accommodation didn't cost me anything, because this was a business trip. But, I believe that the Mandalay Bay is one of the classier hotels on the strip. It is located at the south end of the strip (about 3/4 mile from the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign). The lobby was gorgeous with a large aquarium, lush foliage, and lots of light streaming through many windows and skylights.

My room was comfortable, with a large bathtub that I immediately used for a bubble bath upon my arrival from the airport. The rooms also have Internet access for a daily fee, which I used every day with my laptop. I had a little technical difficulty, but the IT center sent a technician to my room within minutes of my phone call requesting for help connecting.

Considering this is not among the newer hotels like the Venetian or Paris, it is still a lovely resort and quite comfortable.

Unique Quality: The pools are amazing, possibly the best on the strip. They have a lazy river (tubes available for rental), a wave pool, and a regular pool. We relaxed by the wave pool, in chaise lounges on the man-made beach. A cheerful waitress served us tasty frozen drinks all afternoon!

• crazygal59's Profile Photo

Tropical Delight.

We found our hotel accomodation to be great. The service was very good, and the resort was clean and very pretty. We had no complaints at all while we were here.

Unique Quality: There are lots of pools to choose from, but the one that creates the most interest is the wave pool. Sandy beach and all.

Directions: This is the last hotel on the south end of the strip about 3 miles from the airport. However you can go right to the north end of the strip now with the monorail.

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Tranquility in a sea of madness!

This all suite hotel is lovely; it has stylish decor, good staff and great facilities.

The room was amazing - lots of room an extra toilet (very handy!) a wet bar, lounge, huge bathroom and our room (35803) had a fantastic view of the strip.

Unique Quality: -Bathouse Spa (if you spend $50 or over in the spa the spa fee of $30 is waived) I loved it in there. Peaceful and very relaxing. I also had the best manicure ever (ask for Lori - she is excellant).

- Pool table (weren't expecting that hey!)

- Cool bar.

- Cafe (the gronola for breakfast is enough for two people!)

- Cool bar/club on the 64th floor (Mix)

- Gift shop

- Nice smellies in the bathroom

You also have access to all the facilities at The Mandalay Bay including the 11 acre water park - which includes a beach.

• Fun4you's Profile Photo

Mandalay Bay

Very swanky hotel with lots of activities to accomodate all interests and types. The Hotel at Mandalay Bay is all suites with a HDTV in everyroom. Nightlife tends to cater to a younger crowd, however many options for all.

Extensive very nice casino. Multiple bars and night clubs including the everpopular but often overrated Rum Jungle. House of Blues is at the Mandalay bay and is filled with great live music and big name shows. The hotel pool is more of a beach set on 11 acres with wave pool, lazy river and private cabanas avaliable. For the shopholics there is a mall connecting you to the next hotel.

There is a monorail connecting Mandalay Bay to Luxor and Excalibur. For those who love fish there are fishtanks around and shark reef! Very nice spa and multiple varried restaurants available including the infamous Aureole with the wine faires hovering above in the air retrieving bottles of wine.

Directions: The strip next to Excalibur, Luxor and MGM grand

More about THEhotel at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas

Mandalay Bay Hotel & CasinoMandalay Bay Hotel & Casino

Mandalay Bay HotelMandalay Bay Hotel

Mandalay Bay HotelMandalay Bay Hotel

Mandalay Bay Hotel & CasinoMandalay Bay Hotel & Casino

Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by lemonpie

Cannot decide which one to select. I will be getting a suite and need to pick one. Has anyone ever stayed at both and favor one over the other. I am looking for elegant and classy. HELP! :)

RE: Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by YVRDave

Mandalays suites are Executive suites. No door to bedroom. The Hotel is fine, I have a client that thinks there is an off odor in the place though. You may want to check the Four Seasons, the top 5 floors of Mandalay Bay

RE: Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

Having recently stayed at THEHotel i can say for sure it is exactly what your looking for.

RE: RE: Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by lemonpie

Thank you! I am actually having a few friends in for a very small champagne reception in the suite prior to going out to dinner. I think this was a good choice. :)

Comments