THEhotel at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas

1980

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• df53's Profile Photo

Staying at the Mandalay

Stayed here for 2 night. Was a bit of a trek to the room, but most of these places are pretty big now. Service was excellent and when we asked at the front desk they were more than happy to upgrade us to a better room as there was one available.

Unique Quality: Has a great pool.
    very close to the airport
    upgraded room gave us an excellent view of the city

• jennykp's Profile Photo

One of the best hotels in Vegas

I highly recommend staying at Mandalay Bay. This was my first stay there and I was very impressed with the service and the room. The hotel is beautiful and there is quite a few pools there, including a sand beach and wave pool in the summer. The restaurants are very top notch and the two clubs House of Blues and Rum Jungle are very fun for the night life. A very fun place to stay.... Look for deals on the room rates. We got a great package with Southwest airlines w/ 2nights here and the price was very affordable. Southwest sucks but the hotel was worth it.

Unique Quality: The sand beach and wave pool are definitely neat.. probably a lot neater in the summer ( since we went in Dec.. they were not open). Service was very good. I left my coat in the room closet and they were wonderful about shipping it back to me a week later.

• flyntfaery's Profile Photo

My absolute favorite

The Mandalay Bay is my absolute favorite Hotel/ Casino in Las Vegas. They have a great gambling environment, luxurious rooms, and great music venues.

Unique Quality: House of Blues, the Mandalay Events Center, The Beach... What a great place to play and enjoy live music. The pool..( AKA the Beach) is consistantly winning awards for the best in Vegas.

Directions: Most southern end of the Strip

• johnwilky53's Profile Photo

las vegas mega hotels

we had a great room at the mand bay floor to ceiling picture window was fabulous ,best pools in vegas (about 6)overall no complaints (apart from charging for internet access ).

Unique Quality: This place has the best pools in vegas ,inc a wave pool, lazy river,adults only pool,only complaint not deep enough,and could do with a cold plunge,but otherwise tremendous.

Directions: bottom of strip,closest large hotel to airport

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

A Bit of New York in the Heart of Vegas

This is an awesome hotel. It's definitely the best hotel that I've had the pleasure of staying in in Vegas. This, of course, doesn't include the suites that I've stayed in with other (read: rich) relatives.

So far, THE Hotel isn't as well known as other hotels despite being at Mandalay Bay. The bellhop said that they're currently running at around 50% occupancy. And that's in the summer. Try going during the week as the rates are over 50% less than on the weekends.

If you're into being hip, this is your place.

Unique Quality: The best qualities of this hotel are the amenities inside the suite. There are three plasma TVs including one in the bathroom. I watched ESPN while taking a shower. That's great!

The decor is very hip, swank. You'll feel like a high roller sittin' on the plush couch watching the big-screen plasma TV.

Also, the body lotion smells great!

Directions: It's at the Mandalay Bay across from the Luxor pyramid.

• Emmjai's Profile Photo

A Jungle experience with added sharks!

A relatively up market Vegas hotel, and the southern most of all the major resort hotels on the strip.

However, being at the southern end of the strip means quite a journey to get to other places in the town.

Unique Quality: Great pool area, real sand, lazy river, and wave pool. Possibly the best in Town.

Directions: Southerm -most resort hotel on strip, right next to the Pyramid!

• Erin74's Profile Photo

An Oasis on the Strip: Mandalay Bay

Mandalay Bay is an elegant resort located at the far south end of the Strip. It is considered one of the better hotels in Las Vegas and its pool is always mentioned as being the best in town. While it's location can sometimes make you feel a little far away from the rest of the Strip, there are really no other downsides to staying at Mandalay Bay.

The rooms at Mandalay Bay are large and decorated in an upscale, tropical motif. The bathrooms are enormous and feature separate bathtubs and showers.

The resort has a number of shops and restaurants in addition to the large gaming space. Border Grill features excellent Mexican food and House of Blues serves their famous Gospel Brunch every Sunday.

You can see concerts at House of Blues or at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

Room service is reasonably priced (less expensive than the restaurants, I thought!) and arrives quickly.

Unique Quality: One of the most unique and memorable parts of Mandalay Bay is the great pool area. There are actually 4 or 5 different pool areas, all linked together. The largest is the Beach-- a huge pool/wave pool that is surrounded by real sand. There is also a lazy river, where you can float along on a mat (cost: $15). There are two smaller pool areas (that tend to have more shade for hot days) and a private, adults-only pool called Moorea. Moorea is very hip and trendy.. it's filled with young, beautiful people and costs $10 for ladies and $30 for men (and bikini tops are optional here).

The pools open at 8:30am and you'll need to stake out a place around that time. Moorea's lounge chairs get snapped up instantly, and the Beach is nearly as popular.

• Best Pool in my opinion in Vegas

Stayed for three nights in April 2004. Keeps providing quality stays for us.

Unique Quality: Pool is terrific. You don't actually have to leave the hotel to have a great time in Vegas (even though I would recommend against this).

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Expensive....upscale

I don't know what the appeal is, it is a nice hotel, casino is great, and friends have stayed there and raved about it, but I don't see it.
    Gambling is great, and I've been very lucky here, but, just not my style.
    Great shops, different types of restaurants, fantastic wave pool, but everything is expensive.

Unique Quality: Wave pool, lazy drifting caseways with inner tubes, and beautiful setting.

• Stasigrace's Profile Photo

A little world of its own

Mandalay is great for the traveler who wants to stay put over his/her trip. Everything you may need is in the hotel (great restaurants, gambling, pool) and you'll have a beautiful big room to enjoy.

The tubs are great--come with bath salts--and the rooms are the biggest I've had in Vegas (I haven't stayed many places, though). We didn't have a view (they charge $25 extra for a strip view) but that's okay because we just wanted to be close to the pool, which we were, and away from the airport noise, which we were.

Unique Quality: The staff was very nice. They offered us a better view room for our second night but we didn't feel like moving. Our neighbors were loud (we preferred the boisterous kids of night 1 to the drunken women of night 2) and the plumbing was loud. I think the walls were paper thin. You could hear people talking at normal levels in other rooms or in the hall.

BUT, all that said, it's still a great room, and a great place to lounge around by the pool. You MUST arrive right at opening at the pool to get a good seat. We did and we got nice shady lounges each day. There's nothing better than sipping a mai tai and pretending you're on a tropical island.

And skip the wave pool--lame waves only came every 30 seconds--for the lazy river, which ended up being more fun that we thought. We didn't rent tubes ($20), but instead floated along on our backs (got more exercise that way!).

I probably won't stay here again--too many other places I want to check out--but it was definitely fun for a change. I don't recommend staying here if you want to go to the central Strip area, especially right now with no trams working. It's a hot walk, though not too far.

• Gambling and People Watching

Mandalay Bay is probably one of the best places to gamble and watch people. The minimums are higher, but the crowd is usually there on the weekends and the resort brings in tons of "pretty people". The craps tables are usually loud and fun and if gambling is not your thing, then the many restaurants will keep you happy.....

Unique Quality: Incredible pool with sandy lagoon and wave machine. You can actually surf or boogey board here.....amazing.....

Directions: South end of the strip on the corner of Russell and Las Vegas Blvd....right next (south) to the huge pyramid (LUXOR)........

• Off Peak Romantic Break

We got an off season mid week break fro approx $85 a night. Our room was a honeymoon suite with huge bed and bathtub for two. So far it is the best of the hotels I have stayed at, and the food is really good there too.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Mandalay Bay

I love this place. Mom rates it as her absolute favorite and since staying there refuses to stay anywhere else on the strip. The rooms are huge, the bathrooms great (separate shower from bath), and the roomservice menue ideal.

Unique Quality: A huge water park for a swimming pool, many great places to eat, a good nightclub, a concert hall that produces fanstastic shows, good service, and nice bathtubs make up for the distance that lay between it and the other hotels. Can't say enough good things about this place. A monorail connects it to Excalibur and Luxor. By the way, the water park is 11 acres and has its own beach.

Directions: At the south end of the strip.

• Elegant, stylish hotel

I highly recommend the Mandalay Bay Resort. It is absolutely beautiful inside and out, has several pools including a wave pool. It is decorated tastefully, and the rooms are huge. Service is okay, could be better, but it is worth staying there.

Unique Quality: Pools are magnificent, and they apray you with mists of Evian water as you walk around te pool areas. Wonderful!

• RickL's Profile Photo

Last visit we stayed at the...

Last visit we stayed at the Mandolay Bay Resort which is currently undergoing expansion. It was very expensive but had everything anyone could want in a resort and the rooms were very large and lavish. Besides the wave pool (my favorite)there were also 2 other pools, hot tubs and inner tube ride and shark reef exhibit. Inside were 17 theme restaurants, shopping, 6 lounges, spa and gymnasium.

Unique Quality: The wave pool had more good-looking lifeguards than Baywatch!

Directions: It's at the very end of the new part of the Strip, very close to the airport.

More about THEhotel at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas

Mandalay Bay Hotel & CasinoMandalay Bay Hotel & Casino

Mandalay Bay HotelMandalay Bay Hotel

Mandalay Bay HotelMandalay Bay Hotel

Mandalay Bay Hotel & CasinoMandalay Bay Hotel & Casino

Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by lemonpie

Cannot decide which one to select. I will be getting a suite and need to pick one. Has anyone ever stayed at both and favor one over the other. I am looking for elegant and classy. HELP! :)

RE: Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by YVRDave

Mandalays suites are Executive suites. No door to bedroom. The Hotel is fine, I have a client that thinks there is an off odor in the place though. You may want to check the Four Seasons, the top 5 floors of Mandalay Bay

RE: Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

Having recently stayed at THEHotel i can say for sure it is exactly what your looking for.

RE: RE: Mandalay Bay or The Hotel?

by lemonpie

Thank you! I am actually having a few friends in for a very small champagne reception in the suite prior to going out to dinner. I think this was a good choice. :)

Comments