7200 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89119, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• davesut's Profile Photo

Great place to stay

Really enjoyed our stay here. Tahiti village is an aparthotel with some places owned and some for rent for the likes of me. Remember for an apartment hotel you won't get a daily maid service but hell, big deal. We opted for the Bora Bora 1 bed, 1 sofa bed suite. Kitchen amenities were fab and space was excellent. Good size bath and seperate shower along with washer and dryer.
    We feared the pool would be packed but that never happened, we could always get a lounger in shade and this was the height of summer. Really enjoyed the pool and the lazy river, must have spent two hours stuck on the river on one of those rubber rings.
    There are some reports of rude and strict time keeping of the check in staff on some other websites but I can tell you that our expereince with the staff was great, always polite, always friendly and willing to help.
    I'd recommend a car but you don't need one - there is a free shuttle bus to the strip every hour and a visit to the supermarket available as well. We saw some excursions to local nightclubs on offer too, but not for me this time.
    The sand entry to the pool- I don't know why they do that, it can only be to compete with the Mandalay Bay I guess and it gets your attention on the website but really it's a bit naff but the pool is big enough to not let it bother you.
    Definite recomendation from me and away from the strip? I enjoy that more.

So any downsides? The distance from reception to your room and back to the pool can be ages, this is not a small place so beware. Car parking close to your building could be impossible, use the multi storey if necessary. On site dining, look I don't mind a Denny's breakfast at all just the variety may be disappointing. Tahiti Joe's pizza was expensive but the mojitos were massive.

Unique Quality: On booking ask for a view of the strip in building 5. Apparantly building 5 is the best one, great night time view on the balcony

Directions: South of the airport on LV Boulevard but a heck of a way to walk it to the Mandalay Bay

• Clean!!!

Clean spacious rooms with plenty of amenities. Great pool and lazy river. Loved it so much that we returned months later and brought the kids as we past through on a trip from the grand canyon. No casino, but that is more relaxing.

Unique Quality: Wonderful pool and lazy river. Great restaurant on site and a Denny's for breakfast.

Directions: South of strip on Las Vegas Bvl

• Be careful

I would think twice about buying into this time share. They are very keen to get your money but communication with them is terrible.
    You cannot call them on their 1800 no. to confirm your booking as it is disconnected. No opologies given.!.
    When you eventually get through to their office you are directed to Florida or Hawaii. No mention of Vegas and told to ring back later by an answer phone. Very frustrating.
    There is no email address on their website either .
    We have stayed there once so far and we spent several days of our holiday just trying to sort things out. Holidays are meant to be relaxing .This wasn't.
    The resort is quite nice but the management is a problem

• Worst Timeshare

This place should be avoided at all costs. Top Ten reason for not staying here:
    1. Call ahead and ask for two rooms close together -- staff makes no attempt to accomodate this request. In fact they have no record of it at checkin.
    2. Checkin line is slow but even when you get past check-in you have to now wait in the Concierge line again.
    3. Park your car in the parking tower enter the building at the entrance and look for the elevator. The only elevator is in the center of the building, so you walk the 100 yards to the center, take the elevator up to the 9th floor and then walk the 50 yards back to your room. It will frustrate you everytime you enter or leave.
    4. Room is OK but the couch leans toward the center from excessive wear. Plants are all plastic.
    5. Doors to the balcony only open when you close them completely. Then with the slide door exposed, the other door is totally shuttered closed. Very frustrating.
    6. Cable TV system has not made it to the 9th floor yet. So if the front desk tells you about your TV service, don't believe them; there are 40 stations but not HBO, History, A&E por anything else worth watching. Don't call their cable provider as they will just call the front desk and send someone to inform you that you are staying in a room without this service.
    7. NO INTERNET SERVICE!!!! You can rent a cell modem for $10/day but you would think they would have had a plan in place when they started building this place. They should at least state that they do not provide a wireless internet service.
    8. Don't plan on a good time in the pool. I think they use a mixture of salt and chlorine on the pool. You will not be able to see you hand in front of your face in the water. The sand beach could be fun for the kids but there is not shade so take your SPF 60 for the kids if they want to play in the sand. It got so bad they had to close the pool for a day during our stay.
    9. The lazy river will totally freeze your nubbins. I have never seen one so cold as this. Also remember to bring your cash as the floating tubes are $3 per day; that makes it $3 per hour if you are only in the freezing water for an hour.
    10. Location is a long ways from anything. It will take you several minutes to go anywhere. You are on the other side of the airport runways, so when then planes take off they are directly overhead.

• cdw0218's Profile Photo

Tahiti Village - nice place to get away

Tahiti Village is a time share for the most part but also rents rooms like a hotel. All of the rooms are basically suites. The 1 bedroom easily accomodates 4 and the 2 bedroom 4 to 6 people. This is place you can stay for a week no problem. Has a full kitchen, very nice sized bathroom with seperate Jacuzzi tub from the shower. TV's in bedrooms and living rooms, plus a washer and dryer. All cooking utensils, dishes, etc provided, just bring you food and drinks.
    The resort has a pool plus seperate lazy river and pool bars. The resort is down the strip, so you are not in the hustle and bustle, but guess what not driving or cabs, they offer a free shuttle which runs fairly consistently. So drinking and driving no problem and won't cost you a fortune, take the free shuttle. Denny's on site for late night post partying cravings, plus Tahitti Joes during the day.
    We really enjoyed our stay. We shared it with my in-laws and they said the sofa sleeper felt like a bed. Don't get the wrong idea, I was paying so I got the bedroom. LOL

Unique Quality: Two pools, one is a lazy river. They are seperated from each other so like having two pool areas with each their own bar. Shuttles to the strip which is about 10 minutes away to the main part. Quiet area away from the hustle and bustle, but you can't walk to the hotels on the strip.

Directions: 5101 W Tropicana Ave
    Las Vegas, NV 89103-5081

More about Tahiti Village

The new Tahiti Village

by TripAdvisor Member mcotis

Resort Review: Tahiti Village
This is my review of the resort / timeshare Tahiti Village, located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
My stay (June 2006) was within weeks of opening, so much of Tahiti Village may have changed since composing this review.

My visit was from June 10th thru June 17th 2006. I stayed in the Bora Bora Suite. Consolidated Resorts description of the suite actually matched what was in the suite as well! This is the deluxe one bedroom half suites available. The other half is called the Moorea. If you stay in a two bedroom suite, it is called the Royal Tahitian; a suite with both suites combined. Entry between both is via the lockoff door. To other timeshare owners, I am sure this will be familiar, for this is standard operating procedure.

Transportation Details

Tahiti Village is located @ 7200 South Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV. Since the resort is a few miles down from the strip, Tahiti Village provides a shuttle service for guests. The service runs once an hour, stopping at three major hotels; The Tropicana, The Mirage, and The Riviera. Pay attention to where you are dropped off; pick up will be at the same location.

The shuttle buses are easily noticed with "Tahiti Village" written on them. N.B. There are two types of buses running. The first are the normal shuttle buses; simple color, simple logo. The second are the tour buses; lots of color and graphics and logos. These tour buses are NOT the shuttle buses, but for tours around Vegas and prospective timeshare owners. If confused, the driver(s) will definitely let you know which bus is correct.

Shuttle schedules and delays were somewhat irregular. In the morning, drivers were very prompt at leaving the resort. Shuttles leave on the hour, not load on the hour. So get there a few minutes early. Later in the day, most drivers seemed a little slower; smoke breaks etc. Your milage may vary. Once on the strip, times vary due to traffic itself. Plan on arriving to the pickup destination at least 10 minutes early, but also plan on waiting as well. Beats missing the bus and waiting for another shuttle. Taxi service is alway another option, but could be costly.

A daily shuttle to a local grocery store (VONS / Safeway) is also available. It does leave @ 8AM, so any non morning people will have to get up early; but do it once, and get it over with. It is well worth it. You don't have to shop at a convenience store and able to get most of your week's worth of items all at once. A great way to take advantage of the suite's kitchen and appliances. It can be very nice to wake up, make some coffee and eggs, and just enjoy the morning. It's not the same as room service, but can be just as good.

For minor items, there are stores within walking distance: a few convenience stores, a McDonald's, and eventually an on site store near the resort lobby.

Taxi service to and from the airport is quick and easy. Tahiti Village is within a few miles from McCarran Airport. One way fare was under $20; finally cost including tip was $15. When your ready to leave, the lobby will gladly call a taxi service for you and it should arrive promptly.

Resort and Suite Amenities
Much of the resort amenities are listed on their website, so I will not list them all. I will the mention amenities details not listed, including my comments and opinions:

* Continental Breakfast: 8 - 10AM, located near the resort lobby.
* Laundry and Dishwashers are in the suites;
I was able to get additional dish detergent from housekeeping, but you may want to purchase some clothing detergent for the washing machine. Mainly to pick a brand your familiar with. Iron and ironing board also are available in the rooms.
* Restaurants near by include:
IHOP - 24/7
Outback Steakhouse
McDonald's - 24/7 Drive Thru; however the dining room is not 24/7.
* Several takeout and delivery options, ask the front desk for some menus.
Food types included:
Italian - 24/7 Delivery
Chinese
* Internet TV Terminals in the suites, with laptop network connection:
sign on (pay), plug in your laptop's ethernet (wired) connection, and go!
* On Demand Video, via the Internet TV Terminal (NXTV). Pricey, but convenient.

Construction?

I wasn't going to mention much about this, but figured might as well anyway. The resort is quite new, so new in fact that some of it is not finished. Now, this is not a major deterrent. I was and still am impressed with the quality of everything. The room, lobby, and common areas were nicely done, clean, and great looking. The "Tahiti" look and feel is tasteful and a nice change compared to your common hotel / resort.

Before you visit, call the resort and find out what is left to finish. During my stay the follow were still under construction:

* Pools: A shuttle to the Tropicana is available use of their pool.
* Outdoor grilling common area
* Lobby Convenience Store: use the grocery shuttle or the very short walk to the nearby stores.

Now, as for the pools, once finished, I can imagine it will look spectacular. It will not be your normal rectangular pool. Palms trees, recliners, and plenty of pool to go around. Notice the word pools. Multiple pools; a large pool (star pattern?), kiddie pool?, and hot tub area.

Conclusion
Tahiti Village is a great resort and very comfortable place to vacation at while in Las Vegas. Please keep in mind, I am not a professional reviewer; these are just my personal opinions. When I visit again, I will be sure to update this review, or simply create a brand new one!

I have more photos and information at my blog.
Contact me for me information!

Had a Great Time at Tahiti Village

by TripAdvisor Member PColtart

We booked through Interval International by exchanging our timeshare for a week here. I had some concerns from the other reviews but I need not have worried, this resort is great. We arrived around 3pm, got a great pool view room in building 2 on the 4th floor (room 2403). It took 2 minutes to drive to the resort from the airport car rental building - that in itself was a bonus as there is nothing worse than arriving in a strange city, collecting a rental car and then driving for miles to find a hotel. Covered/shaded parking was brilliant – very necessary in 110 degree heat!

The room was HUGE, well equipped and very clean. When I checked in I asked about the 'smell' that everyone refers to in other reviews. I was told that the 6th floor venting story is wrong. It is caused by the drain from the washer/dryer and steamshower drying out (it was 110 degrees outside)and the drain smells when there is no water in the pipe. The desk clerk was very understanding and told me if it happened, someone would be straight up to fix it. It did happen on the second day so based on what he said, I poured two jugs of water down the drain in the cupboard - problem solved! It was no big deal and not even worth complaining about. The only negatives relating to the room are the Washer/Dryer is an all-in-one and the dryer takes ages and roasts your clothes and the wall safe is tiny, its only 3 inches deep.

We did receive a few phone calls to collect our 'Welcome Pack' at our convenience (we knew this was to get us to a sales pitch) - we said thanks, we would pop down later and then didn't bother and after 3 days we had no more phone calls for the rest of the week.

We used the shuttle service to get up to the strip at night, it ran to time on every occasion that we used it. One tip is the last shuttle at night is very busy, It stops at the Tropicana, the Mirage and the Riviera. Get on at the Tropicana if you are getting the last shuttle home to ensure you get a seat. The drivers were great, very helpful. One comment I would have is that if you use the shuttle service, have the decency to say 'Thank You!' when you get off. We always said thank-you and also tipped the driver on the return journey. I couldn't believe how many rude people just got off without a word of thanks even when the driver shouted 'Have Fun' as they stepped off the bus! Manners cost nothing!

Our room was given a complementary clean and linen change on the 4th day of our stay. They even replaced the free dishwashing tablets and laundry soap when they serviced the room. The room did have Internet access using your own laptop at 10 dollars per 24 hours. There was also some other system using the TV and a wireless keyboard – we didn’t use that so I don’t know much about it.

The pool was lovely, there were always 3 or 4 lifeguards on duty. There were shallow areas for kids and one entrance to the pool was a sandy sloped beach. It was full of kids making sandcastles all week. The whirlpool was really nice in the evenings and open until 10pm.

The onsite Dennys and Tahiti Joes Restaurants were a bonus and we ate in both over the week. (try the Nachos, the Cheesecake and the Apple Martinis in Tahiti Joes) Also within walking distance is the Outback Steakhouse, IHOP, McDonalds, Quinzo’s subs and various other options. The Outlet mall is also within walking distance and has a foodcourt. Theres a lot getting built on the other side of the road too so by next year the whole area will probably have a lot more round about in the way of shops and restaurants.

Phase 2 of the resort is getting built at the moment but we did not find the construction a problem, I can imagine if your room overlooked this it may be an issue so contact them ahead of time and request a poolview room in building two or a room in building one – that way you will avoid it.

The resort is being aggressively marketed on the strip. Every couple of minutes someone approached us with a ‘Tahiti Village’ uniform on and asked us if we would be in Vegas for a few more days. We got wise to them and either said we were leaving that day or flashed our room key at them (as it said Tahiti Village on it) and they ran off to pick on another victim. If you spent any time around the reception area, it was full of bus loads of these poor victims that had been promised something for free, some of them looked really disgruntled and annoyed and some were complaining loudly. A lot of them were young couples and were possibly a bit naïve to think that they were getting something for free. If you work on the basis that you get nothing for free then you won’t be disappointed. I believe folk were offered free show tickets for 3-4 hours of their time. Sorry, but if I’m on holiday, my time is precious, I would rather save the 3-4 hours of my day and pay to see a show myself!

Overall, I really liked the Tahiti Village, I would not hesitate to return. I agree with other reviews that once the rest of the phases are built it will be stunning and I hope they keep up the standards once its all sold out. It will be even better when the timeshare sales folk have departed and the reception area is ‘Victim’ free.

Tahiti Village = Total ripoff!! Go for the free trip but do not buy!

by TripAdvisor Member rlwickham

My husband and I went to Vegas on our free 'getaway' stay through Tahiti Village.

I'll give it this much: it was free.

The New Frontier, however, was absolutely horrible. Nobody should ever stay there! The bathroom was disgusting; stains in the bathtub, hardly any light at all, no light in the shower...I guess that's what you get when something is free! But for a 'nice' timeshare place, they should have you stay in something much better than that....like the resort they are trying to get you to purchase...there's a thought!

As far as the presentation, etc at Tahiti Village, that went ok but we kept saying the amount was too much. They only went down to $30k for us (I think they started at $46k)...after reading other posts I know they could have gone much much lower! They also offered us 12 getaway weeks every year, in which you pay like $150/week to use if you want (in addition to the time share). We asked if we could just purchase the rooms separately and were told no. Wrong! By the way they kept saying these 12 weeks were like a one time only thing because of the opening of phase 2...I read about someone who purchased 2 years ago and got the same thing. What a great deal huh?

Anyway, we ended up buying the stupid thing and I felt sick to my stomach the whole next day, so we called and cancelled. THERE IS A FIVE DAY CANCELLATION POLICY IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL!! (It's on the last page of that packet with the Red writing all over it). Needless to say, they became incredibly rude after we said we wanted to cancel, and then we were offered the Moorea side for $10k. So much for not being able to purchase them individiually! Now we're waiting for our money back!

It was an ok resort, but I would not give it 5 stars, maybe 3. There is no spa, and not many other ammenities.

We thought we were getting a great deal, but we weren't, so we cancelled it in time. Also, they do not mention the annual fee when they talk about charges. There is about a $650 annual fee to Tahiti Villiage, plus a small fee for Consolidated Resorts. So even after your $30k/whatever is paid off, you will still be paying an annual fee (which will get higher) forever!

So not worth it!!!

Run Away

by TripAdvisor Member KTTrippin

Like many reviews I've read below, my wife and I signed up for the Tahiti Village package (3 hotel nights and a tour of the luxurious resort property). This was to be our first get-away since we had our daugher, 3 years ago. With much excitement we drove to Las Vegas, looking forward to a relazing vacation.

Firstly, the Tahiti Village (with the exception of the pleasant staff) was 2-stars at best. It is a washed down property with simple accommodations and certinly not worth it's "5-star" advertizement.

THE WORST PART OF THE TRIP: The theme, "So this is what it's like to be treated like a VIP?" couldn't be further from the truth. We too were put up in the "New" Frontier Hotel. The sign should have made us turn and drive away before we even put the car in park..."Cold Beer and Dirty Girls". Any hotel that blatantly advertizes this, though that's the Las Vegas theme, should not be your choice of destination. We have never seen a trashier, run-down hotel. If this is what it's like to be treated like a VIP...we want nothing to do with it. Hindsight...we should have stood up in the middle of our vacation presentation and requested payment for our time and the hotel we ended up actually staying at. Yes, we left our room occupied at the New Frontier (which was supposedly the only hotel available of the other 5 you get to choose from) and stayed at a clean hotel. We paid $375 for two nights to not stay at the New Frontier.

Run away from the Tahiti Village Las Vegas package. Not only is it overpriced ($26,000...please?), but no one will want to purchase your "vacation ownership" in 10 years, like they try to convince you.

Deeply Frustrated!!!!
(Southern California)

Beautiful Property

by TripAdvisor Member reg3sdaddy

First, let me start by saying that I was a guest of a friend who was staying at the Tahiti Village. I found the place to be absolutely beautiful and excellent. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The steamist shower system provided me with some of the best showers I have ever taken.. an added plus after a long day of cruising the strip.. The master bedroom offered a 42 inch plasma television.. The pool area was very nice and inviting. I did not take advantage of any of the resort fucntions and/or shuttle service as I had a car. However, it seemed fairly seemless. The service was appropriate when needed and I was able to dine at both on site restaurants - Denny's and Tahiti Joes.

I nkow there are issues with the sales packages and sales people running around the resort at all times. I did not encounter any of those issues at all .

Do the Tour but Choose Your Hotel Wisely

by TripAdvisor Member bradleykim

If you're considering taking a tour of the Tahiti Village Timeshare, please read on! We did not stay on the property.

We responded to the advertisement for 2 nights free accomodation in Las Vegas if we'd tour the Tahiti Village timeshare. When I called, they "upgraded" us to three nights and included $50 gas card, 2 tickets to the Riviera Comedy Club, a certificate to renew our wedding vows at a local chapel, and 2 buffet tickets at the Tropicana. They required a $129 deposit that they would refund when we took the tour.

I wanted to go during our anniversary, so had specific dates in mind. For these dates (including a Saturday and Sunday night) we were offered the New Frontier or the South Point casino. I had read reviews on TA about the deterioration of the New Frontier, so we chose the South Point (even though it's further down the strip). I would make this choice again in a heartbeat - the South Point was great!

The day after our arrival we were scheduled for the tour. About 15 couples were loaded on the shuttle bus at the South Point and 5 minutes later we were at the Tahiti Village.

Now we've been to a few timeshare presentations and expected it to be uncomfortable and high pressure. I was pleasantly surprised with their low pressure presentation. After a short movie and a group speaker, our "host" told us how great and different they were. My husband said, "How much" and we were immediately taken to see the condos. My husband again said "how much" and we were taken back and shown the numbers. We said, "that's too much" and had a supervisor come over immediately. He took it down quite a bit (quickly) and we said "that's too much" again. They said "thank you for your time" and we were out of there!!!

We were given all the gifts we were promised and our deposit was refunded. We were taken back to the shuttle - we were the first ones back. We waited for two other couples and then were taken back to the South Point. It took about 3 hours for everything. Not bad for 3 nights in Vegas.

So DO go on the tour, just don't accept the New Frontier as your hotel while you're there.

About the resort (for those of you who may actually stay there!):
The rooms looked very comfortable and the kitchens had nice appliances and granite countertops. The bathrooms looked nice as well, and there is a in-room safe. I was told that room service cleans the rooms every day - not just once a week like other resorts.

The best thing about the resort looked to be the pool. There were plenty of chairs and even shady spots available. The pool has a beach area with sand that I'm sure kids would love. It's open 24/7 with your room key.

It's about 1 mile away from the other hotels on the strip - an easy drive if you have a car. I was told they also have a shuttle that takes you to the strip.

A Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member gkaam

My best friend and I stayed at Tahiti Village May 23 - May 28 2007. We really enjoyed our stay. The property is beautiful, especially the pool area. I booked this trip through Interval International (a timeshare exchange company) as one of their getaways. The price was right for Memorial Day weekend that is for sure!!!! We did our best to avoid the timeshare tours, etc. They did leave a daily message on our phone, but we just deleted it and went about our day. No problems. The shuttle system to the strip was excellent. They were at the appropriate stops at the designated times. There is a grocery shuttle on Mondays and Thursdays which we used. We were able to eat breakfast and sometimes lunch in our unit, and then we splurged on dinner at the casinos. It was a great way to vacation.

The only negative was what someone else mentioned......The smell. There is definitely a problem with the venting system. We were on the second floor building 1 and in the mornings we couldn't stand the smell. It smelled like stale cigarette smoke only really strong. It seemed to be only in the mornings because when we got home at night, it was gone. It did make us get up and go in the mornings!!! We did mention it when checking out, and the front desk staff said that it is the 6th floor venting down. Hopefully that will get fixed. That being said, the rest of the property is nice and the staff was also very helpful. Not sure I would purchase a week here, but would trade a week or use the getaway again.

Did The Time Share, We Bought, Had A Great Time

by TripAdvisor Member outacali

So, we did the timeshare trip as well but I'm glad to say after reading these reviews that we didn't stay at the New Frontier rather we stayed at the South Point hotel and Casino. The South Point was great. We were on the 22nd floor looking out over the south strip . The room was spacious enough for my wife and daughter and I; the service staff was attentive and best of all the rooms were very quiet. In fact the rooms were so quiet I didn't even know there were guests in the adjoining rooms until I saw their room service trays outside their door.
There was three problems with South Point:
1. As with any hotel, when some careless ninny would let their door slam shut the noise was very present in our room. (It turned out the careless ninny was across the hall from us so no wonder the noise was loud. At least we never heard anyone clomping by our door like you do in other hotels).

2. The beds and sheets left something to be desired. Unless you like very firm beds you will be uncomfortable. My wife and I woke up sore in the mornings the beds were so firm. Also, the sheets they use are partly made of sandpaper. Seriously, whenever one of us would roll over we would be awaken by the noise. It was like a really fat person was wearing a pair of corduroy's and walking around the room. Swish,swish, swish, swish!

3. If you have a problem with cigarette smoke like I do you might not be happy. You have to walk all the way through the casino to get to the hotel elevators, there's no shortcut. I did get used to it by day four but my lungs were definately tight.

The buffet they had was very nice especially the super cheap breakfast-well worth the money.
There was a kids play area that we never explored because we were too busy walking the strip.
We rented a car from the airport, for $25 a day it was well worth it. When you go to another hotel like the Bellagio take advantage of valet parking, it's so worth it.

On to the time share presentation:
I felt it was very laid back and without pressure. We initially told them it was too much so they brought the price down. We told them it was still too much so they brought the price down again. It was then at a price we could handle so we bought. Yes, in hindsight, we could have bought cheaper but oh well. When the 2nd and 3rd phases of Tahiti Village are completed this place will be a showstopper. All of the land between the south strip where the South Point is northward to Tahiti Village and northward again toward the main strip has been purchased and will be completely built up in the next few years. Also, there is an indoor skiing dome that is going to be built near the Tahiti. Basically, buying into the Tahiti Village now is a smart investment as it gives you lots of leverage. The grounds of the Tahiti are very nice, the rooms looked wonderful, there was no smell that other reviewers mentioned. When I go back to Vegas I look forward to staying here, it just won't be for a few years until the place is built out.

I wanted to address some points that others brought up regarding the time share and the presentation.
One reviewer said something to the effect of not being able to make your money back in ten years if you wanted to sell it. My question is, why would you want to sell? In ten years you'll have it paid off so all of your vacations will be even cheaper. Buy a timeshare because you will use it, buy a timeshare because your family will use it, buy a timeshare because you can sell off your weeks and make money, but don't buy a time share just to sell it down the road. Our take was this: we probably only live once, the world is so big, there is so much to see and if we can do it cheaper and in style then owning a timeshare is what we want to do.

Addressing another reviewer who stated she felt the presentation was deceptive in regard to the "12 extra weeks" you get a year when you become a timeshare owner. Yes it is deceptive, to a certain degree. We were told the same thing about the 12 weeks, however this is not what you get. You actually get unlimited weeks...forever! If I wanted to travel to a different place each month I could, If I wanted to sell a week to a family member and make some money I could. The only thing you have to consider is the price to travel, it costs varying amounts to stay at a place depending on the the time of season and demand (a place like Las Vegas will never be cheap to stay in because there is demand 52 weeks a year, not so with Sedona Az). Right now I could go to Tenerife in the Canary Islands or go the Austrian Alps and stay a whole week for under $300. Is this a deal? You bet. Would this be available to me if I weren't an Interval timeshare holder? No, it wouldn't. Do you see where I'm going with this? 12 weeks of extra travel is too limiting compared to what you could do with your timeshare. Just be willing to travel in the offseason and you'll score.

As an added bonus to becoming a time share holder we recieved a book full of coupons that let us stay in many countries throughout the world. Yes there are some restrictions, like you have to book travel through Interval's travel company, but there are restrictions on everything now days. So if I wanted I could go to Costa Rica or Aruba for 5 days and I only have to pay the airfare through Interval.

All in all, we had a great time. Tahiti Village is nice place now and will be a showstopper in the future and we look forward to travelling and using our new timeshare.

Where to stay?

by bkepple1

We are planning a trip to Vegas in June 2010 but can't decide where to stay. I have access to the following places thru my employer: Marriott Grand Chateau; Cancun Resort; Planet Hollywood Towers; and Tahiti Village Resort. We have 3 kids ages 17, 18 and 20 so there MUST be a decent sized pool onsite. We don't mind driving as we will rent a car for travel to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. I have been reading different forums and am getting alot of conflicting info. Some people really hate the PH Towers and I'm afraid the pool at the Grand Chateau is way too small. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

by YVRDave

The only downside to the Tahiti Village is the flight path to the airport.
I don't mind being down strip at all, Since the kids aren't of age, you can visit the lights and crowds and stay in the less crowded area(well the road is busy). It is right at the freeway access for easily getting around. Killer pool.
You are 1 block from the Outlet mall and Fry's Electronics the other way(the kids may love Fry's).

by Odinnthor

Hi Brenda, - and welcome to VT!!

Speaking from the kids point of view, I would say Planet Hollywood is the place. Nice pools, with a chance of rock star showers, and celebrity gusts of wind.....d:o)

I know Vegas pretty well, and any questions, ask away, - or e-mail. Considering the ages, here is a FAQ page on what you can and cannot do in Vegas.

by Martinewezel

Another vote for Planet Hollywood. We stayed in a few other hotels in LV until we discovered PH. Now we already stayed 4 times in PH and we are still very satisfied. Besides, they have the best buffet restaurant on the strip.

by YVRDave

PH is great but, they get the deal at PH Towers which are the condo/timeshare towers.

Comments