105 East Harmon Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States
Booking.com Carriage House LV Expedia.com

More about The Carriage House

A week in Vegas

My wife and I stayed for a week in Vegas 4/24-5/1, 2004. We had a timeshare exchange at the Carriage House. It was a great place to spend a week as it really was our 'home away from home'. It was a one bedroom unit which could sleep up to six people, though I think that would have been 2 too many unless they were your children. We had a full kitchen in which we prepared many of our meals. It was clean and located about 1 1/2 blocks off the southern end of the strip ( across the street from the entrance to Aladdin's Desert Passage shopping area). It had a nice pool and generally was quite a pleasant place to stay. It was very quiet and we always looked forward to ending our busy days (or nights) there as a refuge from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas in general and the strip in particular. Though we thorougly enjoyed seeing all of the lights and shows of the hotels along the strip, we liked being able to get away from it at the Carriage House when we grew weary.Las Vegas is noted for the gambling, casinos and neon and all of this is very exciting. However, not to be missed is the Valley of Fire State Park which is an hour northeast of the city. It has spectacular, otherworldly rock formations. Quite a contrast to the city lights and glitz. Another location even closer to the strip but worlds away would be the Red Rock conservation area located about 20 miles west of Las Vegas. It also provides some terrific natural beauty. Las Vegas also had some interesting museums which are worth a trip if you have time. We visited the Natural History museum which has exhibits featuring dinosaurs, african creatures, Nevada wildlife and world wildlife. Located next to this museum is the Mormon Pioneer Park. This location is being restored to what is was the mid 19th century when the Mormons first settled here. Slowly but surely this site is being restored with reconstruction of the old mormon fort. A couple of walls now stand with more on the way. Another museum we visited was the Nevada State Museum & Historical Society in Lorenzi Park. This museum had displays about the regional history of this area along with some earth and bilogical science exhibits. At the time we visited there was an exhibit of some of the old and now retired Vegas neon signs from earlier era's. This was my first trip which I stayed in Vegas for any length of time. I was amazed by all of the mega resorts and the different themes for each one. My own take on this experience is that Las Vegas is like a Disneyland for adults with each of the resort/casinos being there own 'land'. We had a terrific time.

A great place to stay

We stayed at the Carriage House at the end of June. The place was wonderful. Although my wife missed having a casino in the lobby the proximity of the Aladdin and MGM kept her happy. I think the place should be rated higher than the 3 stars it gets in most sites. The cleanliness, amenities, thickness of the towels in the room and at the pool seemed to place the hotel higher in my ratings. The desk and housekeeping staff were friendly and took care of every need quickly. Joey's Bistro Restaurant on the top floor was excellent, with great food at reasonable prices. We had a master suite with a separate bedroom with a king sized bed and full kitchen. The pool was never overcrowded as it was at every other Vegas resort we've been to. We will definitely go to the Carriage house again.

Great time at The Carriage House

Stayed at The Carriage House from June 10-15, 2004. Had a wonderful time without the kids for the couple days!! Staff was great and facility was well maintained from housekeeping to maintaining the towels at the pool. A minor note...the pool was bit to small for the the people using it... especially since there were several families with multiple children. There was no where to go inside of the pool to avoid the diving and splashing from the kids..(This not deserving to take away the perfect rating of The Carriage House) Would not hesitate to return!!

Better than expected!

My husband and I stayed at the Carriage house hotel in a 1 bedroom suite for a week (Aug 28th). We arrived late (flight was late, missed connecting flight, had to take two other connecting flights instead - I hate flying), but staff were very helpful. Our luggage visited Chicago before finally deciding to join us at our hotel at 3am - front desk called to let us know it arrived as requested ("are you sure?").
Suite was cleaned daily but they don't do dishes - but it's not like I cooked on holiday! I think a bowl of cereal was as adventurous as we got. Full kitchen was helpful - kept all our beer and water cold.
Location of the hotel was good. View was bad - construction of the MGM residences going on behind (our view), construction of the Marriott timeshire in front. But the hotel was more or less accross from the Desert Passage at the Aladdin - easy access to big margaritas at La Salsa. Also next to the MGM from the back - but it's a long walk when it's over 100 degrees in the shade and you have a big blister on your foot. Room was right in level with the Monorail - it actually worked the first few days we were there, but we didn't hear it. Got to ride it once - too bad we bought a family ticket that we never got to use the remainder (2/3) of the trips!
Hotel had decent cable TV and had free HBO.
They also provide shuttle serve to/from airport and to the grocery stores free of charge (but has to be pre-booked).
There is a restaurant upstairs that is supposed to be good, but we never tried as we were never in the mood for Italian food while we were there.
Would definately consider staying there again.

Absolutely Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member rabnala

My wife and I stayed at the Carriage House for a week from 16 – 23 October. We had both been to Vegas before and didn’t really want to stay in another casino hotel with the usual five mile walk to and from our room, so we booked the Carriage House after reading the reviews on this site. We were not disappointed. The location, accommodation and the staff are all superb. For about the same cost as a standard room in some of the bigger Strip hotels, we got a huge corner suite comprising an ample kitchenette (microwave, hob, big fridge/freezer, dishwasher etc), large bedroom with king size bed, walk in closet with plenty of hanging and drawer space, in room safe, iron & ironing board and hairdryer. The bathroom was a bit on the small side compared to other Vegas hotel bathrooms but as there was a separate vanity unit and washbasin in the bedroom, there was never any fights to get near a mirror!

Just before we arrived, the hotel informed me that the courtesy airport pick-up was no longer available. However, they added that we should simply get a cab and they would reimburse the cost which was a very nice touch. They also arranged courtesy drop off at the airport and also provided courtesy transport to and from a local grocery store (complete with discount cards) so we could stock up on the essentials for a week in Vegas (OJ, beer and Cheetos)!

There is a hot tub and a pool which is a bit small but as we never used it, it didn’t make any difference to us. We had a couple of drinks in Joey’s bar on the top floor (Carriage House guests get a discount) which has nice views of the strip. The hotel is a (safe) five minute walk from the strip and just across the street from the side entrance to the Aladdin Desert Passage. While the front desk will call a cab for you, if you are in a hurry my tip would be to get one at the taxi/valet area at the Aladdin.

If I am ever back in Vegas, I would have no hesitation in staying again at the Carriage House.

Wonderful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member gzellner

My husband I recently stayed at The Carriage House the first week in November. What makes this hotel so special is not the rooms, but the staff. Our room was clean and spacious. Although it was close to the strip, it was about a 15 minute walk and not in an active area. However, we did have a car, so it didn't matter that much. There was also construction going on which we were aware of. It didn't affect our visit at all.

What I want to say is the staff at The Carriage House were excellent. Heather of guest services and Julie the conciege were the best! We received first class service from everyone that works here. In my opinion, this is more important than a five star hotel. I even witnessed a rude guest, however, the staff continued to be courteous and patient with them. We were given good information about how to avoid driving on the strip, great places to eat in San Diego and the cleaning staff even checked with us to see if our room was okay after we removed the "do not disturb" sign.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's just a little too deserted for my taste, but this will change because they are building other timeshare hotels nearby. I like to walk across the street to buy a bagel if I want. I didn't have this option, but that's just me and it shouldn't be the deciding factor whether to stay here or not. There is also a restaurant on the top floor that opens in the afternoon, so you can have lunch or dinner. They also had a van take people to the store for grocery and other activities were also available during the week.

The Carriage House is among the top places to stay in Las Vegas and it doesn't have a casino which I loved! I commend the staff for doing such a wonderful job in making my stay comfortable. These are thoughtful people and whoever was in charge of hiring this staff should be proud of the choices they made. We would positively stay here again. Our hats off to everyone at the Carriage House!!

It was OK...depending on what quality you are looking for.

by TripAdvisor Member italianchick163

The Carriage house is OK. I have been to vegas six times in the last ten years, and I give it about a 3 star rating on a 3-5 star.

I prefer to stay at Mandalay Bay or the Venetian because I like all the extra's those two resorts give you. Plus, I especially did not really like the location of the Carriage House.

Location and Service

by TripAdvisor Member barb1127

We traded our timeshare for a week at The Carriage House November 13 - 20 2004. The location made is very convienient to The Strip without the crowded and often noisey atmosphere on The Strip. The staff was excellent and very helpful in any capacity that you might need. Unlike some hotels that are Timeshares, this hotel never bothered us about "Timeshare" deals, etc. The one bedroom suite was clean and well furnished. The color scheme in the main area left something to be desired, but we were not inside that much. The only bad aspect was the sofa bed which our friends found unusally uncomfortable. The construction that is ongoing near the hotel did not present any noise problems for us. Work does go on at night and again early in the AM, however, we never encountered any problems. We would recommend The Carriage House for its location, service and accomodations.

Spacious Comfortable Rooms & Great Location

My husband and I spent 5 days at The Carriage House in July of 2004. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was polite and helpful and the location was perfect. When we return to Las Vegas this year (2005) we'll be returning to The Carriage House once again. The Carriage House is where it's at when your looking for quiet comfort to relax those sore and tired feet that beats the path of the Vegas strip. A big thank you to all of the hard working staff that go above and beyond in accomadating their guests.

Always a great place

The Carriage House is extremely convenient to MGM, Aladdin, Bellagio, Monte Carlo and a bunch others. New Marriott being built next door. Extremely clean and well maintained. Quiet escape from the noise of the strip hotels, yet close enough to engage at any time. Joey's restaurant upstairs is truly outstanding!

Never Ending CasinosNever Ending Casinos

Home base - Monte CarloHome base - Monte Carlo

Canal Shoppes at the VenetianCanal Shoppes at the Venetian

relaxing with Hef on round bedrelaxing with Hef on round bed

Are there any good time share presentations.

by willthethrill

I am looking to do a presentation which offers like 200 or 300 dollars in casino credits for any gaming. Also a show or two and buffet.

by travelgourmet

Due to the economy, many offers are now restricted to less than it was, say five years ago. There is one I know of that offers free 3 day/2nite stay and show tickets for one top show for a couple. But, I cannot vouch for them as honest and above board. Just be careful, no matter what you do, as I have heard some real scams. Not saying that the company offering this deal is proper or otherwise. Just letting you know of an offer I saw. I personally wouold not go to a presentation. Good Luck. See their offer: https://www.consolidatedresorts.com/special_offers.aspx

by swissfondue

I dont think there is such a thing as a "good" time share presentation but each to their own.

There was a sidewalk ticket office outside or near Treasure Island when I was there in April. Spruikers were offering free tickets to shows if one participated in a two hour seminar. Aside from that I wasnt approached nor did I see any time share advertising so it may be on the decline.

by riorich55

I can only speak positively about any time share that the Marriott Corporation puts on. We have attended several others and they were all very high pressure. Attended a Marriott one in Orlando back in 2002 and ended up buying a timeshare mainly because it was a good excuse to start traveling more. One of the big features of the Marriott timeshare that we bought was the ability to convert to Marriott points each year which we have used to stay at great places in London and Paris. We've stayed at our timeshare once and really liked it.

Again, they are low pressure. About 90 minutes of your time and usually give something worthwhile for your time.

by Odinnthor

I am sorry, but there is no such thing as a good time-share presentation, - even the low pressure ones. That being said, I find it inherently dishonest to attend those, just to get a freebee. To each his own though.

Comments