The Grandview At Las Vegas

9940 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89123, United States

Grandview at Las Vegas
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• RUN! This is about the timeshare trap

I know this is long, but it is worth reading so that you don’t waste your time or money.

Grandview gave me the worst experience of my life while I was on vacation. My husband, a couple friends, and I were staying at the Luxor and they conned us into going to a presentation for some show tickets and gaming money. I must say that the show and gaming money was NOT worth the aggravation.

First, the presenter tells you that this is a no pressure sales pitch which couldn’t be farther from the truth. He refused to tell us how much the units cost until he finished his sales pitch and showed us a unit. The units are nice but it is not worth it. He tried to tell us that if we don’t want the unit after we buy that we can just sell it and get all of our money back. I told him that he can’t guarantee that since he can’t control the market. He got upset and started to get snippy. He said that he knows I’m more intelligent than that and tried to show me some graph that he was drawing to show how the housing market never goes all the way down. (Yeah, right).

Once he finally told us the price, $19,990, we told him that we were not ready to make this decision on the spot. Their finance guy came over trying to get us to buy. He asked what our jobs were and my husband told him he was in the military. So the finance guy said that he could offer us a military rate that would drop it to $13,000. He told us our payments would only be $323 with their financing which is based off of 17%!! We still did not want to buy so he offered to reduce the price again and give us 5 weeks a year. The new price was $9,990. We told him no because we refused to pay that much interest, wanted to talk to our bank, and were not prepared to make this decision. The sales associate then informed us that if we didn’t buy that day we would miss out and would never get this rate again. (So much for no pressure, huh?) He then turned 180 degrees and became very rude once he realized that there was NO way we were going to buy that day. We were escorted out to this other guy to take a short survey. He then said that he could reduce the price to a little over $5,000. We still said no.

After all this, we were put in this room to wait for our names to be called so we could collect our tickets that were promised to us. We were told this whole thing would only take 2 hours. We were going on the 4th hour. We look around and there are a lot of people just standing around and all we want to do is leave. My husband got up to ask someone when we would be getting out of here. To my amazement, the guy started shouting at my husband saying that they are doing the best they can and to go sit down. It was VERY unprofessional. When we finally got out of there and loaded up onto the shuttle, we were not the only ones that felt frustrated and pressured. Everyone else on the shuttle had the same complaints. Also, to my surprise, apparently everyone got the “military discount.” There was no such thing as a military discount. It was more of a “oh, no! You didn’t buy on the first price discount.”
    Also, on a side note, they were not upfront about all the costs. They said that there is a yearly “maintenance fee” of $677. What they don’t tell you is that this price can go up over time. Also, you are not guaranteed a week when you want to transfer to a different resort. Plus, you have to pay to switch weeks and resorts. On top of that, you are still making your monthly payment for a property you can only visit once a year….this is a waste of money! They will throw a whole bunch of numbers at you and scribble all over this packet to try to confuse you. Stay alert and think about this…it is not worth it.

Directions: Clear on the south end of the strip (Las Vegas Blvd). It is about 5-6 miles away from EVERYTHING.

More about The Grandview At Las Vegas

Home away from home!

by Constance_W about The Grandview at Las Vegas

I would definitely recommend this hotel! If you plan to stay in Vegas for more than a week it is well worth the price! It's just like an apartment with everything you need included! There is a stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, jacuzzi, shower, and more! There is a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. There are even dishes for you to use! All rooms feature kitchenettes, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, sofa beds, irons and ironing boards, cable TVs, in-room movies, clock radios, safes, voicemail, and dataports. The outdoor heated pools are super! Everything is very clean and neat!

Grandview is Just Fine

by TripAdvisor Member CousinEllen

The Grandview is right next to the South Coast Hotel and Casino which is opening January 2006. This will make it an absolutely perfect location. We had no problems at this hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious (we were in one bedroom lockout unit)and clean. We needed more clean towels and called twice to housekeeping. They did not respond so we called the front desk and told them we'd be there in five minutes to pick up our towels. Within two minutes housekeeping knocked on our door to deliver the towels!
The pool area is very nice and there is a small, but adequate exercise room.
I would absolutely go back. I've stayed on the strip several times and was more than happy to not be in the traffic and noise.

Grandview 07/23 to 07/30 - Consider other's first

If you want ammenities, this is not the place to stay. The Grandview has nice rooms (although lacks the upscale interiors of many of the other Vegas timeshares) but a complete lack of ammenities within the resort. When we arrived, each question was answered with an "I'm sorry, we don't have that although they are thinking about putting that in." Questions such as where is the snack bar/deli?, where are the pool towels? No outdoor bar at the pool? high speed internet in the room? bellhops? There is a definite lack of customer service on behalf of the hotel personnel and their salespeople lack any kind of professionalism. We found the following lacking at Grandview....No internet service in our room unless you brought your own cables. When we called they indicated that you had high speed internet available in rooms. They don't...it's dial up. Do have a room off main lobby that has high speed computers that cut you off after 15 minutes but it was always taken up by kids playing games. No deli, no snack bar, no towels at the pool (you bring your own from your room) no cleaning service mid week. They claim they do but when she arrived late in the afternoon she made the bed (replaced sheets at our request as they say in their book in the room they only make the bed, not replace sheets) and replaced 4 of the regular towels. No shampoos, no beach towels even though we had turned them in. No trash was taken, no wipe down of the kitchen counters. No cleaning of the coffee maker (which by the way does not turn itself off - found that out the second morning when I went to make coffee again. What they consider mid week cleaning for all of those that frequent time shares was nothing compared to what other more upscale such as Hilton, Embassy, Marriott, Fairfield do as part of their mid week cleaning. What we did find from the Grandview is that they use the cheapest products to furnish their interiors. The shower in the master bedroom had a fiberglass bottom which never got clean and had mold growing around it, cheapest soaps and shampoos (least of my worries though). They don't provide any lotions, shower caps, etc. like other facilities do. I also found their timeshare salespeople made completely false statements to the people touring. I wanted to correct them several times but have enough social skills not to embarrass them in front of their clients. The equipment in the gym was broken the entire time we were there. No towels are provided in the gym either. When we reported the treadmill problems (2 out of 3 were broken) it was reported that they had called it in. Never did get fixed a week later when we left. There are no bellhops to assist you with luggage. In discussing the facility with several people, all had the same concensus. This place looks nice from the outside but has absolutely nothing to offer on the inside. Our advice would be to stay at a Hilton, Embassy, Fairfield or Marriott Time Share before ever considering this place. You'll get a much better product. We've done all the others and will not make this mistake again!

Nothing grand about the Grandviiew

by TripAdvisor Member davejensen

What a disapointment this hotel is. While the rooms are small but pretty, the staff and the services are just terrible. As an example, when we checked in, it was a 45-minute procedure. No line, as we checked in late. But the staff people are so slow, so uncaring about the guest, they just drag the whole thing on. You must go to a second line for the "parking pass" which is issued at the hotel's guest services desk, where they try to sell you show tickets or timeshare sales. After getting our room key and hauling luggage to the tenth floor, we found that another family (upset at our interruption) already had the room occupied! What an embarrasment, for us and for them. It took the hotel staff forever to fix this, while we are out in the hallway waiting. The promised "grand view" didn't appear at the Grandview. We saw a parking lot and a lot of dirt (this is as far out as you can get from the strip, although on the same road. All in all, we'd call this place another RCI disaster. RCI has this habit of high-rating places like this which are good at selling RCI memberships -- but the quality of the experience is VERY poor. My advice - avoid the Grandview if at all possible. We left word about our check-in experience with the front desk manager, the GM, but she didn't even bother to call us back. We left after two nights, leaving our other pre-paid five nights to go to waste. What a Grand Disappointment.

Everything We Expected Thanks to the Reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member plummera

We stayed at the hotel from 5 Aug thru 12 Aug 2005. It was a really nice time. I am glad that I was able to read the reviews here before we went. We almost didn’t make reservations there because of what some of you had to say, but we are glad we did. It was really helpful to know about asking to stay in the Primrose bldg, instead of the Sage bldg. We barley heard any of the construction on the 6th floor. We enjoyed using the gym area; you just need to get there early around 0630 to get on any of the machines. They had 3 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 elliptical trainers, and some various weight machines. The pool area was really nice, but every time that we wanted to go it was a little crowded, so get there early.

I recommend that you have a car. All the hotel/casinos have free parking so that was a plus. Also a lady was not too happy with the shuttle service, I believe she didn’t like the fact that they were never on time.

The rooms are really nice! Full kitchen to include dishwasher, stove, large fridge, Jacuzzi tub, and 5 piece master bath. It was great!
I knew that the Grandview was a timeshare condo and we never got harassed to sign up for or buy anything. Service was nice and pleasant. But keep this in mind… if you need more towels, dish soap, or coffee, you probably should call room service well in advance. Because they are not real speedy on towel and TP service. I had to call 3 times!

Now the Internet room… Waiting for hours to get on the computers was ridiculous! I was told that there was a time limit per session, but no one was keeping them, it was frustrating to see kids playing games like solitaire... 'for goodness sakes!".

We would definitely stay there again; actually we are already planning on it when the new casino next door opens 2006.

~The Plummer Family

Disappointed at this new Resort

We just spent a week at the Grandview, a trade, and we were not very impressed with this "new" resort. Check in was with a trainee of no personality to boot. For what we pay in timeshare prices and maintenance fees this was a big disappointment indeed. The sheets were very old and put on shabbily and inside out, so were they changed and clean, yuck! Shudder. The room counters and floors were filthy. Wear white socks for 10 mins. The DVD player didn't work. Mid week "maid service", well they took the extra box and tissues and left no toilet paper. Can you imagine having to call the front desk to ask for that and then find out we had no dish rags or towels. They took out the dirty towls and didn't replace the floor mats. The shower is so cheap. No where to place ones leg to shave. And the soap dish for which the soap slides on, (on an angle). Shower floor is sloped toward the back so it hurts the feet to "dig in". Thin walls. Dishwasher needs jet dry, so our dishes always appeared dirty. Whose brillant idea was it to have a foyer with 2 doors so every night your neighbor cooks their "smells" drift in to your room. What a stink. We're there for vacation. Not to have an "apartment" feel. The couch was not opened and cleaned so our guests were very uncomfortable to say the least. We were very embarrassed!
We will not recommend this resort to anyone!

Another RCI Gem!!

by TripAdvisor Member NYPAUL

The first thing I have to say is I wondered if I stayed at the same place as the people who wrote negative reviews about the Grandview. I just gor back from a 5 night stay. I own a time share from RCI and I was lucky enough that RCI has space here. This place was excellent!! Allow me to break it down in categories:

Check In: The check in was fast, no lines, and dont beleive the feedback about them hounding you. Nobody tryed to sell us anything. The first line they check you in, then they direct you to a line where you receive your welcome stuff and parking pass. I checked in on a Saturday at 3:30 p.m. (Early) and was in my room by 4:00 p.m.

Rooms: We had a 2 bedroom unit, this was like no other 2 bedroom timeshare, allow me to explain. There is 1 door that opens to a foyer then there are 2 doors in the foyer. Each room has it's own kitchen, dining room, master bedroom, living room, huge bathroom, and a jacuzzi!! Usually a 2 bedroom at other timeshares have 1 kitchen and 2 bedrooms in 1 room, this was a great suprise.

Amenities: The activities at the resort are not that good, then again I stayed there in December which is a slow season. I'm sure they have more stuff in the prime season. There is 2 beautiful pools with waterfalls, and hot tubs outside. The exercise room was ok. There was 3 treadmills and 2 bikes and 2 ellepitcal machines. There was also weights and other equipment. Here is a tip: if you are serious about your workout use the treadmill next to the scale that is the only treadmill calibrated to correct speeds.

Location: The resort is at the end of the strip, we had a rental car (Recommended), but the resort does have a free shuttle which brings you to the action. It is about 5 miles to the Mandalay Bay. If you have never been to Vegas, Mandalay Bay is at the top of the strip. Even though it wwas 5 miles it was a easy 5 miles as the road is 2-3 lanes and no heavy traffic. Here is a tip: As you may or may not know you could walk faster than the cars move on the strip ( lol, serious though). Park you car at one of the first hotels you come to, like MGM Grand, New york New York, etc. From there you can either walk, take trams, or the monorail, bus etc. That way you are not stuck in traffic and it is faster to get back to resort.

Finally, dont beleive the negative reviews you read, this place is spotless, totally clean you will love it!! If you have any questions please email me I would love to answer them.

The Good and Bad

by TripAdvisor Member malona23

We are owners here at the Resort and had our first stay at the Grandview. Everything was really clean, spacious and nice. They have a few activities for kids and family such as Craft time, ceramics, magic show, balloon artist, movie night and a hot dog sale of course for a small fee. they also have free movie rentals (small collection), a internet room that kids mostly occupied! and wouldn't let working adults use to catch up on their jobs or school! I couldn't believe that they let these kids sit there and play solitare and go to kid websites and just mess around, maybe they should have the computers for kids in the activities room.

It's nicely equipped with towels, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher (that -----), wahser and dryer (I liked alot), pots and pans (cheap ones), utensils, plates, cups for 4, nice big tv in the living room, a smaller one for the room, spa tub, big shower, his and hers sinks in bathroom, nice decorations and a cheap venting system. When we made food the smell would stay in the little entrance way that leads you to the two doors. It was gross!

All the sales people walking around is very annoying. They should do something about that. It didn't bother me at first but then we were trying to BBQ outside and every salesperson that passed by at to show off that we were BBQ-ing and we felt like guniea pigs and part of the show to sell a timeshare. Then my husband started to get really annoyed with them and would just give them no response cause they were interferring in our family time. And everytime we ran into a salesperson and people they would ask if we were owners and try to "sell" these people. We also went to a timeshare presentation for some free Shark Reef tickets and the man was really nice in the beginning and was full of compliments and before you know it when we were saying no that we didn't want anything he had a fit and started acting really dumb with us. The resort would be 100% better if those snakes of sales people would be off the premises.

I had a really positive experience with the workers till the day before we left I went up to a housekeeping lady and asked her for some trash bags and she gave me attitude. She rolled her eyes and made a grunting noise. She runied my whole day, then later my family member went to ask for towels and she did the same to him, I didn't want trouble so I didn't say anything back to her. Now that I think about it, I should have reported her!

I never heard construction work going on and maybe on our 3rd day there a construction worker fell off a scafle (spelling?) and died. That was really horrible. Also the exit of the resort going towards the strip is very dangerous, we almost got hit 3 times trying to exit and we seen about 2 accidents at that corner while there. The cars speed up when they see you trying to pass and that is very dangerous.

It's really far from the strip and they have a shuttle that will take you every 1/2 hour but we couldn't use it cause it wasn't kid friendly!! can you believe they said I would have to take my daughters carseat with me to the strip if I wanted her to ride, I don't understand why they couldn't hold it in the back of the shuttle? or have a time when they would do that, you know maybe in the day and in the evenings maybe save the shuttle for adults, you know anything would work.

Theres a Food 4 Less down the street and very close, a resturant across the street and lots of little shops and fast food joints on the way to the strip.

Grand-view

by pj2904

Hi,

Thinking about staying here as I fancy a suite off the strip and have found quite a good price! Has anyone stayed here recently? Are there any other similar properties I should consider. Thanks.

Re: Grand-view

by Odinnthor

Well the Grand View is a timeshare property, if that is what you are looking for. If the price is too good to be true, you likely have to suffer through a sales presentation. Here are some reviews from TripAdvisor.

Re: Grand-view

by sdcatraveler

The Rio is off the strip and has large rooms. I stayed on the strip at Ballys and found it quite convenient. Is there a reason you want to be off the strip?

There is a Hilton, I believe, off of Paradise Road too which is off the strip.

Comments