4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

The Palms Casino Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• The staff made me me CRY during my stay - awful!

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service! Do not stay here! It is not worth your money to be treated like crap. I saw one of their staff take my blazer at Moon, and they refused to reimburse me a measly $40 or even accept responsibility. Even worse, one of their staff made me feel like I was at fault and literally brought me to tears in the Palms casino. Do not waste your time or money in an establishment that does not care about paying customers and patrons of their establishment!

• Reservation at the Palms Place

March Madness is a great time to visit Las Vegas. An even bigger draw is when it’s your best friend’s bachelor party that you’re planning. After doing my homework and reading a few reviews, I booked a 1BR/1.5 Bath 1200 sq ft suite at The Palms Hotel. This venue is off the beaten path however, the benefits outweighed the hike. Besides, everyone can use a little cardio in his or her life.

I must admit, I received a stellar deal from one of The Plams wholesalers. The way wholesalers work is that in effort to meet occupancy goals, hotels such as the Palm Place will allocate a block of rooms to hundreds of sites to sell at reduced discounted rates. It is a win/win situation. Hotels such as the Palms maintain the prestige of price integrity while filling rooms that would have otherwise remained vacant, while wholesaler are allowed to monetize traffic coming to their sites for the best deals on the net. I thought I was doing my part by supporting the eco-system that is affiliate marketing. That is until SEVERAL hours after I booked my room, received a confirmation number and my ccard was charged, that I received this email:

“Hi Mr. Burley,
    I just left you a voicemail but unfortunately, Palms Place is completely sold out for your dates of stay. I am sorry but they sold out today and we can’t submit your reservation. Your deposit has be refunded…
    Leslie
    Leslie Walk
    Condo Hotel Marketplace, LLC”

You can imagine how I felt. How anyone would feel. I immediately called to receive clarification. Leslie expressed that they did not update their booking calendar as often as they normally do, and The Palms already rented the room hours earlier due to the busy March Madness weekend. She then proceeded to try to upsell me in price for a room that was smaller with fewer amenities. After getting nowhere with this wholesaler, I decided to call the source to see why they booked a room that was previously reserved.

After explaining my situation and being placed on hold for several mins, I was transferred to a manager. I explained myself again and offered to switch rooms nightly if needed, however I requested that the room size and amenities that I originally reserved honored. The front desk manager explained that how the Palms had rooms available for my first night, but where severely overbooked by over 31 rooms for the next night and that he could not honor my rate. I never mentioned my rate (~$1000 for 3 days) so I asked him if he had reviewed my reservation (normally faxed over by the wholesaler as explained). He replied no. If that was the case, how did the wholesaler know that the room was double booked and most importantly how did the front desk manager know that he could not accept my rate? Feeling backed into a corner at this point, I even went as far as offering to pay $100 to $200 more to have my reservation honored. Unfortunately, the only thing that he could offer me was a smaller standard room for more money.

This entire experience from booking through one of their partner sites to speaking with upper management was horrible. Clearly, the Plams Place is more concerned with penny pinching every dollar versus creating customers for life. If a component of the AAA star system consisted of properly scheduling/securing reservations and overall customer service, they would be a 3 ½ star hotel. Thanks for placing a damper on my trip Plams Place/Condo Hotel Marketplace. Buyer beware.

• WOW...that's all I have to say

So my friends took me here for my 21st birthday last year, and it was basically the best/coolest/any good word you can think of trip I have ever taken. Just driving up to hotel blew my mind; it looked so chic and modern! But the best part was actually getting up to our room. Our friends had booked one of the "Fantasy Suites" specifically one called the Crib Suite, which was hip-hop themed and the most amazing room I have ever seen. The inside of it looks absolutely amazing. But the amenities were the absolute coolest thing about it. This place had a fully stocked bar (FULLY STOCKED), a DJ booth, a sound shower, a HYDRAULIC BED, a pool table, etc. it knocked my socks off, for lack of a better term. Then we went to all the clubs (Rain, Moon, Ghostbar, Playboy Club) which were all amazing. I basically had the best time of my life and I owe it mostly just to that hotel. There are also pretty cheap rooms if you're not looking to go all out on a fantasy suite, and on the flip side of that they have rooftop villas for the ridiculously high rollers. There's basically something for everyone (as long as you're over 21 lol) and I highly recommend it!

Unique Quality: Awesome nightclubs, CRAZY Rooms, super modern, lots of celebrity sightings!

Directions: Right on W. Flamingo Road across from Gold Coast.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

The Palms

Las Vegas is usually crowded during the New Year and it gets really crazy down there. A lot of local tourists drive down to Las Vegas to wait for the New Year and so parking is also terrible around that time.

Making a reservation for a hotel and/or car is the smartest thing to do.

There are many clubs in Las Vegas. You can hop around if you wanted - ranging from the pricy and outrageous clubs to the more affordable ones...

For the better ones, you can check The Palms.

• Travel2write's Profile Photo

Nice place for the boys!

The palms was awesome. For the standard rate, they upgraded our room to a suite because is was available at no extra cost. Most likely trying to get us to come back again in the future. A Movie theater, Mcdonalds, Starbucks and good buffets all in the casino were great assets for kids if with you. It was like most casinos, adult oriented as with having the Playboy club in the hotel, however it seemed like most guest genuinely enjoyed there stays. I know I did!

Unique Quality: Only bad thing was it wasn't on the strip, however cabs are abundant.

• Find out what young is

Much better than huge impersonal strip monsters. Many of the patrons are as young a cute as the cocktail waitresses. Well priced most of the time.

Unique Quality: The Ghost bar deck is probably one of the best views in the city

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Celebrity Hang-Out

Despite its off-Strip location, this hotel never ceases to draw the celebrities and crowds hoping to catch a glimpse of them. As ultra-hip as The Palms claims to be, it still caters to the masses. The service was friendly and much better than the service at the Hard Rock. When we checked in we were upgraded to a suite, without request. Although the décor was lacking, the suite was large and we had an excellent view of the Strip. The bathroom included a large bathtub (read big enough for 2) and robes (an amenity lacking at other hotels). I would return to the Palms, despite its off-Strip address, simply based on the quality of service provided alone. Their new tower features "Fantasy Suites" for those wanting an unique experience.

Unique Quality: The pools are small, but do the trick. There are plenty of cabanas for rent surrounding the pool. The trendy pool bar separates the two main pools and is underneath the VIP pool. Waitresses patrol the area, but can be difficult to flag down on the weekends or during their weekly “Ditch Fridays” party. Several great restaurants are on property as well as the famous Ghost Bar and nightclub Rain. Admission to both and line passes are included with your stay.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The Palms

I was prepared to spend a day at the Palms... all of the hype turned out to be just that - hype. The service here was not nice at all, very short, non-conversational. I was asked 2 times if I had a room there when I was trying to get around... not a "may I help you" or any of that, just a shrewd over-classed look... and I was dressed very nicely and gambling at that! Then I go to the acclaimed Ghostbar, which was a like a trendy collection of who's who for people who want to know who's really is who...I didn't have a good time here at all. This place was made famous by their Playboy affiliation, and that MTV Real World suite, but give me Caesars or the Wynn anyday over this trendy nightmare.

Unique Quality: The view from the Ghostbar, I do admit, was very nice.

Directions: Off of the strip across from the friendlier Gold Coast casino

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Palms Casino Resort

The Palms is a trendy place located just off the strip. Its more of a younger nightclub type of scene than the Strip hotels, which have the impressive shows and entertainment. But the rooms are large, comfortable, and, most importantly, cheap. Well, in the off season at least. I paid $59 per night for a room with a Strip view. That's hard to beat.

The Palms has a few good restaurants: The high end Alize, the not as high end but still very good N9ne Steakhouse(that's not a typo; that's how its spelled on the sign) and a few more casual selections. The hotel is home to the trendy Ghostbar and the nightclub Rain. Its not a place to spend much time unless you're into the nightclub scene or you're about 21 years old, but its a good place to stay when there are deals to be had.

Unique Quality: Some rooms have a great view of the Strip, although that's hardly unique.

Directions: Less than a mile from the Strip and across the street from the Rio.

• home of the ghost bar and rain

rooms are ample in space and more than nice accomodations.

stayed here for a friend's bachelorette party. poolside -- awesome.

Unique Quality: home of the ghostbar and rain ... both places a must visit while in vegas!

Directions: off the strip but has a shuttle going to and from the strip throughout the day; otherwise, gotta cab it

• Great nightlife

The Palms has to be one of the hottest places in Vegas to party at right now. Don't miss out when in town----hit the Ghost Bar or Skin and try to see a concert in Rain....a very cool place and the celebrities love to come here........

Directions: West of the strip on Flamingo----can't miss it.....

• The Palm.

Unique Quality: The Palm casino comes across as being the most natural of the bunch - natural colours, good light, high open ceilings (that aren't painted with blue sky and clouds) and not a Pyramid or Eiffel Tower in sight. The 'Skin Pool Lounge' is not to be missed.

More about The Palms Casino Resort

Palms CasinoPalms Casino

Courtesy Palms CasinoCourtesy Palms Casino

Any reviews on the Tropicana or the Palms Casino Resort?

by loej33

Does anyone have any reviews on the Tropicana on the strip or the Palms Casino Resort? How far off the strip is the Palms? Thanks

by YVRDave

700m or so

by GracesTrips

The Tropicana is a old hotel but a friend of mine stayed there last year. She says they have a new tower that is very nice. If you book a room there, make sure to ask to stay in the new tower. I was checking rates to book rooms for next year and the Tropicana (for being on the strip) seem to be the most favorable. But...the Monte Carlos is a nicer hotel and you can get good rates there, too. The rates published on the hotel sight will seem high - check hotels.com or call them directly to see what they can do for you.

by paulinuk2u

try bills gambiling casino [or den forgotten ]and get a room overlooking the fountains,check it out on tripadvisor,or splash out and stay at the bellagio or the wyn,look on my external site for all the usefull sites its on the american section. i just did 17 nights there downtown at the el cortez poo smelly hotel room ok tho

by Etoile2B

Personally, if I had to pick between the two I would stay at the Palms. But it all depends on what you want. The Palms is nicer and trendier and hipper but the Tropicana is on the Strip and central. If you want a "scene" the Palms is the place to be. The pool is nice to. If you want to visit other casinos on the Strip I would recommend grabbing a cab. It's not a long ride but the walk, especially in the heat, can be brutal.

by USanFrancisco

The Palms has the best nightlife and friendliest dealers. It would be a good walk to the strip, I'd rent a car if I stayed at the Palms.

What is your budget?

by paulinuk2u

RENT A CAR?in vegas when they have a brilliant bus system for $2.50 for 24 hours which takes you everywhere must be bonkers

by kenstan

The last time I stayed at the Tropicana was about 25 years ago and it was very nice back then after they remodeled it.Now its the oldest on the cornor of trop and the strip across from MGM New York Excaliber etc. I've had dinner at all the rest. in The Palms and there all great and the hotel is new but living here never stayed there.The Palms is across from the Gold Coast and Rio and across the freeway from the strip maybe 1/2 mile. Depending on the rates at the Tropicana if its say 40.00 I would stay there because you are on the strip. Circus Circus is 40.00 a night for 3 days or more plus you get a 50.00 gas card.

Comments