The Platinum Hotel And Spa

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about The Platinum Hotel And Spa

Platinum Hotel & Spa

by TripAdvisor Member km_bostontravel

Stayed at the Platinum while travelling for work in March 2007 as the many of the properties along the main strip were sold out but will definitely be a repeat customer. Attention to detail was phenomenal. Standard room was a luxuriously appointed suite. The best ammenities though were the gym (one of the better hotel gyms that I have been in with 5 or 6 treadmills, full weights) and the great dining room. I only had a chance to have breakfast - green eggs (scrambled with mascarpone and pesto) and ham one morning and Elvis pancakes (with bacon, peanut butter, bananas and maple syrup) the next. Just wish that I had more time to try the "flights" of Macaroni and Cheese!

Beautiful Hotel on NBA all star week

by TripAdvisor Member Silverrj

My wife and I stayed at the Platinum Hotel and Spa for 5 nights over Washington Birthday's weekend, which also was the NBA allstar game. We paid an average of $200 per night which was incredible because it was the holiday weekend and the NBA was in town. Other casino hotels like Paris were average $300 per night. We had booked through Expedia, and as a result received 25 percent discounts on all restaurants in hotel as well as Spa. We took advantage of that twice at breakfast, and my wife and daughter had hot stone massages, which they loved. We had booked the smaller mountain view suite, but were upgraded to the Strip view larger Suite, and it was beautiful. Better than any place I have ever stayed in Las Vegas, including TheHotel suites at Mandalay Bay, which were also nice. We also used the pool area which was great, considering that many of the Casino Hotel pools are closed in the winter. The staff were very helpful including the concierge, and we also enjoyed the fitness faciltity.

The walk to the strip was very short, and we felt safe day or night. We will definately stay at the Platinum again, though next time it will probably be much more expensive.

If you need a rental car for a day trip (we went to Valley of Fire), there is an Enterprise car rental place in the Westin across the street.

We enjoyed everything about this stay.

Civility just off the Strip

by TripAdvisor Member jandm6035

This hotel offers superb facilities. The rooms are extremely well fitted and modern. Fridge-freezer with icemaker, spa bath, full kitchen and comfortable lounge are just some of the features. Restaurant service is good but the bar is rather short of seating. We had a balcony with good views of the strip which is just five or six minutes walk away to Bally's Hotel. There is a monorail station there.

stress free

by TripAdvisor Member Bblgirl

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The rooms are comfortable. The kitchen is clean and perfect for cooking meals in your room. The spa was first rate . I had three procedures and all were performed perfectly. I had bar service in the lounge. The service was promrt and the drinks were great. Overall the staff here spoils you.

I loved the it!

by TripAdvisor Member Da_Wannabe_Traveller

We stayed three nights in one of the Princess Suites on the 12 Floor overlooking the Strip. The room was very well appointed and we could not have asked for better accommodations. I really enjoyed the large bathroom with the double sinks. The room even had a fireplace with a washer and dryer. The fireplace was very safe since it had no fire and was more of a light show then anything else.

Do not forget your swimsuit since part of the pool is indoors and is usable even in bad weather.

We noticed the street noise and sirens at night. Use a pair of ear plugs and it will no longer be a problem. We also noticed the homeless people close to the hotel. Unless you are walking it will not be a concern. We had a car and you had to use the valet service to have your car parked. I had no
safety concerns since someone from the valet staff was always at the front of the hotel to greet you.

Great Room

by TripAdvisor Member Wine2

The hotel was great. The rooms are very spacious and having the kitchen was good for late night snacks. Our bathroom fan clicked constantly but a small sacrifice for a nice room.The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly except for in the restaurant. The worst part is the food. The menus are limited and do not offer the same items that you are able to order from room service. Don't they come from the same kitchen??
The food portions were miniscule to say the least and lack taste as well as imagination in preparation. The spa treatments were well doneand very relaxing. We will book here again!

Positives and Negatives

by TripAdvisor Member lvresfriend

Positives: Awesome room. Full kitchen with all appliances. Good size. Quiet, clean. Off the strip. No smoking, no casino. Pleasant and helpful staff. Upgraded to 15th floor and strip view with simple request.

Negatives: Pool bar not open during our entire stay mid week, even though temperatures in the mid 90's. Patio door extremely hard to open and shut (wife could not do without my assistance). Valet parking only, no self park. No cutting board in room.

Overall: An awesome property at which I would definitely stay again. If they address the negatives, this property moves up an additional notch.

Excellent deal, excellent staff, excellent hotel just off the strip

by TripAdvisor Member jy3

we were thrilled with our stay at the platinum. We were given a free upgrade to the top floor and given an awesome room. the full kitchen was great as we made breakfast every morning. We were able to use the dishwasher and we also had a washer and dryer for clothes. The living room was huge with a very nice plasma tv with many channels and a great fireplace. We noticed that the couch is a pull out though we didnt need it. The bathroom is huge. two sinks with ample counter space, a stand up shower, a garden tub with the hot tub jets, and just a lot of room to move around made the bathroom great. you also get bathrobes for use during your stay. The bedroom had a very nice king sized bed that was really comfortable. there was a tv in there too. the closet had a safe that was free to use. there was plenty of space to hang clothes or put them in the dresser. the balcony was great and had a table a chairs with a great view. We were very pleased with our room.
the pool and chairs and hot tub are very nice. the gym looked good, though we didnt use it. we did not dine or use the spa. I suggest that if you are not planning on renting a car for a long time that you consider renting a car for the last day. We had a great time at red rocks after checking out of our hotel and then we drove ourselves to drop off the car and got a ride from the car place to the airport. This in the end costed us $15 if you take into account that we would have spent $15 on the cab ride after tip.
Another great tip is to utilize the walgreens and rite aid and gas station store that u pass when walking on the strip or to/from the hotel. you can get cheap drinks for the walk and eggs/bread/etc if u want to utilize the kitchen and dont want to run to a supermarket.
Overall we had a wonderful in vegas and would stay at the platinum again for sure. I doubt u can get such a great room so close to the strip for so cheap.

Not a hole in the wall

by TripAdvisor Member Khisanth

Upon checkout we I noticed a small hole in the wall that I hadn't noticed upon check in, in the bedroom low on the wall, I made sure none of my party had done it (they hadn't). So when I checked out I let the front desk person know I saw that just to make sure they didn't think we did it. The rest of my party was still in the room packing on their way out when the maintenance person showed up to repair the wall. This is just an example of the customer service/attention to detail that this property provided.
From the valet parking, front desk to concierge. All of the staff was top notch. I look forward to staying there again. Only 2 small complaints,both of which wouldn't stop me from staying there again. One is if you have a car you can only valet park, which is fine for most but as I was coming and going a few times it got a bit irritating. The other was the distance from the strip, but as anyone will tell you everything in Vegas is a longer walk that you think, so rally its not that bad at all.

excellent - could happily have moved in...

fantastic 15th floor room (solitaire suite). Spacious, stylishly furnished, with balcony - although this was noisy overlooking E. Flamingo. Great bathroom with spa bath, walk in shower. Good pressure (unlike Bellagio's). Noisy but effective air con. TV's in bedroom and lounge area, with choice of channels and lots of pay TV/movies/music. Bose music player so bring your own selection. Clientele seemed to be a nice mix friends/trendy business types, old, young.

Staff were friendly, efficient which is not always the case for a boutiquey hotel. The lobby is small to non existent so few places to hang out at the hotel but it does have a spa/pool and a pleasant if unatmospheric bar.

Great to have a full kitchen with fridge/dishwasher/microwave although oddly no pots and pans but you do get in room chef service I believe if you order ahead.

Off strip so a good 8-10 minute walk (to corner of Bellagio's/Caesar's) and handy for the airport, about 10 minutes.

The big surprise is how quiet it was - perhaps a result of the layout/size of rooms. I assumed I had no neighbours but in fact saw people coming and going so must have done. Overall a great find and definitely on my preferred list for future LV trips

Neon Signs Everywhere on Fremont StreetNeon Signs Everywhere on Fremont Street

Imperial Palace - recalling the Slingo fiascoImperial Palace - recalling the Slingo fiasco

The Wynn Hotel LobbyThe Wynn Hotel Lobby

my dream wedding to George Clooneymy dream wedding to George Clooney

The Platinum

by SolangeCanada

Bonjour,

A friend and I will be in Vegas this coming April. We booked a room at The Platinum Hotel and Spa .... and we really don't know if it is ok or not.

Is if far from the Strip, too far to walk. Is it safe to walk at night around that area?

This will be our first trip there and I would really appreciate if anybody could tell me any info about that hotel.

Thanks ... merci !

RE: The Platinum

by YVRDave

I drove by it last sunday but didn't stop. It is a long block off the strip. It is safe to walk that block at night.

Re: The Platinum

by KirstenL4W

It shouldn't be too far to walk, and the area is fairly safe. I don't have much info about the hotel itself except that it is new, so it should be clean and well maintained.

Comments