3535 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• bri4444's Profile Photo

The Quad formally Imperial Palace

November 22 to 26 stay. Arrived in an unusual rain storm that had been in area for a day and lasted another day. This caused plane to be an hour and a bit late so when arrived didn't want to deal with the long line at check in. Before even arriving at the casino due to drainage issues I was the last person to be dropped off the shuttle as it was a raging river running through the parking lot entrance and the driver wasn't sure where he was going to be able to even drop me off. Not wanting this start to ruin my vacation I just dropped my bag at bell desk and preceded to go out and have fun for few hours before going to front desk to check in when there wasn't any line. I was very impressed with the casino upgrades, by no means the dump it used to be. Not large, but that is also a plus in my opinion. The poker room wasn't very busy and I didn't play there as big tournament short walk down at the Venetian that I chose to play at. The weather the first 2 days tended to have other visitors stay closer to their hotels as walking down the strip was impeded with all the moving walk ways and escalators shut down due to being slippery. My first breakfast at the Hash House a Go Go accessible by escalators at the back of casino and what seemed to be crazy busy with people standing against every wall in the lobby was not busy to normal weekend standards and this is where heard that the rain kept people close to hotels according to HHaGG bar staff. The huge portions of eclectic farm food is one of my favorite places to eat and the prices are reasonable. They have free wifi so that was also another plus.

I booked a Luv Tub room and have normally been very happy with my room. The bed was awesome in both rooms as changed after first night due to local friends smoking preference which regretted as she could of just smoked on the patio. Both rooms were the same, the non smoking room was on the 16th floor and the smoking was on the 2nd floor. The room was number floor plus 39 in both cases and from 16th floor had a view of Harrahs pool. I don't care where room points for most part as just use if to sleep and shower, however the 239 room is infiltrated with sounds and smells of the the of the Sewage lift stations which made it not a room I would recommend. One plus is that you can easily take stairs to lobby up and down which sometimes is an issue on weekends. The hallways and rooms are very dated, hopefully they are remodeled soon. My room you accessed the shower only from the bedroom which I didn't like. All the other rooms that had before 39 you either could access the shower from bathroom hall area or had a separate shower outside of the tub in the bedroom area. As said the beds were both great, king size with a large selection of pillows.

I would not stay at this hotel unless stayed in the Luv Tub rooms which they are now starting to call Mini Suites at least for room that I had, in the past have been upgraded to suites and PH and this was the worst room had out of the lot that wasn't a Delux or lower, and the main thing was that the bed was comfortable. I didn't have to pay the resort fee, however they gave me the piece of paper saying what was included in fee so that was a little bit confusing, I didn't get the free internet that it said that paying the resort fee would include. Gone is the old entrance and exit on to the strip that you took your and pedestrian safety every time tried to sneak onto the strip, you now have to enter from back side roads easiest accessible from Koval. Construction on a mall and a big Ferris wheel behind and adjacent once completed will make this a really good choice for an economical stay and if it follows in steps of Casinos like Tropicana and upgrade their rooms and public areas this might be a resort that is hard to get a room at due to it's prime location and economical rates.

Unique Quality: Location

Directions: Las Vegas Strip between Harrahs and Flamingos Margaritaville Casino

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

Imperial 'Dump'

This was the first hotel I stayed in, the first time I went to Vegas. The saying goes 'If I knew then what I know now' - I would pay the extra money for a better hotel. The wait for checking in and out were both very long. The rooms were old and smelled of smoke. The beds most uncomfortable, it was like sleeping on a rock.

Personally I wouldn't even recommend this hotel to someone who only needed to lay their head for a few hours.

• bri4444's Profile Photo

Love Tub Rooms

I have always found that the Love Tub rooms are a lot less seedy then the deluxe rooms and have been often upgraded even though not a big rewards card superstar in the casino chains minds due to my gambling being limited to poker. The Casino is in the midst of much needed renovations that is long over due. Hopefully they didn't change their name a little to soon. After my first trip in which we booked a cheap room and luckily were upgraded enough that weren't in rooms that were attached to the parkade. The strip view room was into the side of the casino wall as wasn't high enough to even see the roof. It was much better then the Capri rooms that had booked which had windows that faced the parkade and did not look very secure. Nobody else would book at Imperial Palace after that experience even though it is in an ideal location. I on the other hand decided that would try Luv Tub rooms and every time have been more then satisfied with the room. My last visit even ended up getting Penthouse upgrade that didn't expect at all.

I am looking forward to seeing how the changes are coming, I am sure this is reason getting such a good rate for a upgraded room over a weekend. Driving by in early Oct noticed that gone are the harrowing "is there a car coming?" while trying to turn on to Las Vegas Blvd with half walls blinding view of traffic all the while dodging pedestrians. My trip is late in November 2014 and hope to be able to report that some of the many changes this property needed are in the mail at least. Getting rid of the front entrance for safety sake is one of the best things they could do, hopefully the second thing will be an improvement in the elevator service. The name is now the Quad

• aiclc's Profile Photo

the good ole IP

the casino is really fun, and the room was comfortable. i liked being able to actually go out onto the balcony. But the escalators are always broken! When youve been drinking all day and night, the stairs are not your friends haha

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

New Gateway to entertainment

Update~Imperial Palace Hotel is now called The Quad and it is going through a remodel with a new exterior fa├žade, porte cochere, front desk, bell desk, hotel lobby, casino floor, retail promenade, dining levels and more.

Attractions: The Auto Collections features antique, classic and special-interest vehicles. There are more than 250 on display and for sale.
    Casino: Yes, 75,000 square feet. Casino games include blackjack, craps, keno, Let It Ride, pai gow poker and roulette. A poker room consists of six tables with tournaments daily. There are more than 800 slot and video poker machines. The Quad also has celebrity look-a-like dealers in its "Dealertainers" themed gaming pit.
    Convention Rooms: Yes. There are 21 meeting rooms, totaling more than 40,000 square feet.
    Entertainment: Divas Las Vegas starring Frank Marino features dazzling celebrity impersonators. Jeff Civillico does comedy, juggling and other stunts in the afternoons. Recycled Percussion contains high-energy drumming.
    Number of Rooms: 2,543.
    Restaurants: The Quad has the following dining options: Emperor's Buffet, Hash House A Go Go, Embers, Burger Palace, Quesadilla, Ginseng 3, Betty's Diner and Cyber Cafe.
    Room Service: Yes.
    Shops: The Auto Collections Gift Shop, Higuchi, Signature Shop, Emporium, Fun Gifts, Gifts Plus and Whiskey Run.
    Wedding Services: Yes, the Silver Sky Chapel offers a number of wedding ceremony packages.
    Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.

• Worst hotel health hazzard see pictures

The first night I stayed in this hotel I took a shower and the water backed up in the tub, and it felt like something stung my foot. I thought nothing of it. 5 days later I could not walk. I called and had management to look at my feet, and filled out an incident report the next day I arrived at home and went to the hospital. The doctor told me to stay off my feet and gave me cream for a chemical burn. I have been to the hospital 3 times & I have seen five doctors and am now see a skin specialists. This happened on march 7 2009 and it is may 9. I have spent over $300.00 on perscriptions and still am having difficulty walking some days. I am praying that my feet will heal soon, but at present they have not healed yet. Thank god I'm not a diabetic or I could be in big trouble. I am 58 and not normally a complainer. The hotel adjuster told me the hotel is not responsible for the damage to my feet. I would strongly recommend that people do not stay at this hotel. I have stayed there years ago under previous management and enjoyed my stay, but I am not impressed with present management. please look at pictures of my feet. This could happen to you.

Unique Quality: please see pictures

• DO NOT stay here

This is probably the worst hotel on the strip. Yes, the location is good, but that is the ONLY good thing about this hotel. It is dirty, and the opposite of classy. We booked it because it was cheaper than other strip hotels but on the hind sight we should have done more research before booking. The customer service is horrible. The front desk supervisor/ manager is outright rude. If you need to cancel your reservation, they will not refund right away, i.e. you will have to keep calling and asking for your refund. At least that was my experience. And for that, I would never stay there again. I would rather pay a little bit more and get a better service. AND we paid extra for the internet access, which was OK but for the fact that it did not work when we wanted to use it!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: There is nothing outstanding about this hotel.

Directions: Right on the strip.

• shaunaD's Profile Photo

Las Vegas's comphy Hotel

My stay at the Imperial Palace In Las Vegas was short we only stayed 1 day & 2 nights (as i was on a bus Trip) I found the place very comfortable and clean though its an old building it was well kept.
    the staff were very helpful I would recomend it to anyone and i am going to book another stay there next sept/oct 2011.

Unique Quality: The Imperial Palace is a very central hotel it is in the middle of the strip and it is fairly cheap but its not tacky.
    It has a wonderful atmosphere.

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

Comfortable Budget Hotel

We got a great rate on a double room ($33 USD/night) so decided to give it a try. I have read some unfavourable reviews of the IP, but I honestly couldn't find anything wrong with the place.

This is a basic "Holiday Inn" type of hotel room. Our room was clean, the beds were fairly new and very comfortable, the room service was pricey, but very fast and friendly. My one minor complaint might be that our room overlooked the pool, and it got a little noisy during the day when the pool was open. But we weren't there for long during the day so it certainly wasn't an issue for us.

Speaking of the pool, it's pretty basic, by Vegas standards. It is a plain rectangular pool with a hot tub, surrounded by lots of lounge chairs and little to no shade in the afternoon. But patrons of the IP are free to use the pools at the adjacent Flamingo and Harrah's Hotels, so why worry?

Our room also had a mini fridge, iron & board, cable tv, and a small table with 2 chairs.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Unique Quality: The Auto Collection is located at the Imperial Palace, and we were given coupons for free admission. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and never made it there!

Directions: On the Strip, between The Flamingo and Harrah's, directly across from Caesar's Palace.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

The Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino

This hotel has just sprouted, a few years ago. Definitely, a great addition to the Las Vegas Strip!

Each time we go to Las Vegas, we ended up going to big hotels like Mandalay Bay, Luxor, MGM, Caesar's Palace and the other popular ones at the middle of the Strip like Circus Circus, Excalibur, Alladin, Mirage, etc. but we have never been to the Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino.

The motiff of the hotel is Japanese and it looks like the Toji Temple in Kyoto, Japan (Please check my Kyoto pages and click on my Toji Temple pages. Just click on this link.). The hotel looks like it is built in a huge Shoji and it is very unique in a way. The hotel stands between huge buildings which looks awkward but beautiful to look at especially at night when the building illuminates at night!

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Underwhelming at Best...

**UPDATE 12/2012 - The Imperial Palace is no longer there - it is being renovated and will be renamed The Quad. It was not yet open during my recent stay in Las Vegas, so I will have to check it out the next time I am there.

I can't complain too much, since 3 of my 4 nights here were comped from points on my Total Rewards card. When I checked in, the only non-smoking rooms were on the "Strip side". I could hear the boom-boom-boom of the club downstairs all night. The rooms were very dated, and had peeling wallpaper and cracked tile in the bathroom.

Again, I was in Vegas for a family emergency, and my rooms were comped; however, if I had payed $80 per night for my vacation, I would have been totally upset.

Unique Quality: The hotel is in an EXCELLENT location on the Strip - next door to Harrah's, across the street from the Mirage and Caesar's Palace - and price-wise, one of the best deals. If you aren't planning to stay in your room, but just need a place to crash and store your stuff while you play, then this is a good place.

Directions: On the Strip (Las Vegas Blvd.) adjacent to Harrah's Casino

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Location and budget!

Room rates quoted in this tip below are rack rates during my stay in October 2008.

Looking to stay on The Strip but within a budget? Then start your search at the Imperial Palace!

This hotel is located centre Strip, opposite Caesars Palace and Mirage and next door to Flamingo - right in the midst of all the action.

Total Rewards members may well find that week nights are comp'ed at this hotel. This was my third visit to Vegas and I took out my Total Rewards membership at the start of my first visit. (Total Rewards is the Harrahs loyalty scheme for gamblers and any gambling undertaken at Harrahs, Imperial Palace, Rio, Bally's, Paris, Flamingo, Caesars Palace and O'Shea's Casino will be included in your rating - conditional on presenting card at table or inserting card into slot on slot machine.) I stayed for 4 nights and was comp'ed for the three weekday nights by booking the room through the Harrahs website (www.harrahs.com) with my Total Rewards membership.

I stayed in a Deluxe Roman Luv Tub room (mini suite) with a King bed [2 Queens available as standard] which also had a sitting area, dressing table, TV, WC with wash hand basin and Roman Luv Tub bath directly accessed from the room in a raised curtained area. There was also a small balcony but without any chairs.

The hotel has many usual Vegas facilities - a selection of restaurants catering to most tastes, pool, spa, tour and show desk.

I go to Vegas to scratch my gambling itch so I'm looking for a clean and comfortable bed with a clean bathroom and I'm not particularly bothered about a view - this ticks all the boxes and MORE besides!

Unique Quality: The Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino does not have direct access through its main entrance directly onto The Strip. The hotel leaves this honour to its Rockhouse bar and nightclub. The Strip's access is via a short walkway or driveway from the front doors.

Directions: I always use one of the shuttle services from and to McCarran International Airport when visiting Las Vegas.
    The Imperial Palace is located centre Strip between Flamingo and Harrahs.

• doug48's Profile Photo

budget

the imperial palace is one of the least attractive hotel casinos on the vegas strip, however it has an excellent location. if you are looking for a hotel in the heart of the vegas strip and want to save money you may want to consider the imperial palace.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

• MolfieDownUnder's Profile Photo

Best value for money (good location)

I didn't stay at the Imperial Palace (I stayed at the Luxor). The Imperial Palace is not a fancy Vegas hotel, but it's location and price is a definite must for the budget traveller.

I chose to stay at the Luxor which worked out to be double the price of Imperial Palace, and it was all the wayyyyyyyyyy down the strip! Stupid location!

If you are one of those people who doesn't mind where they stay (as long as it's clean & safe) then I would recommend the Imperial Palace. My cousin has stayed there and said it was good value for money.

Unique Quality: It's the asian looking one opposite Caesers Palace!

Directions: Smack bang in the middle of the strip. Next to all the best hotels like Caesers, Bellagio, Paris etc

• Cammel11's Profile Photo

Cheap hotel on the strip

Imperial palace is a great cheap place right on the strip. Its located right across the street from Ceasar's palace and a short walk to Margarita Ville! Its nice for what you pay for, besides youll never be in you room anyway =)

More about Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino

Auto Collection, imperial Palace, Las VegasAuto Collection, imperial Palace, Las Vegas

imperial palace

by ROBBO7

hi to one and all

has anyone stayed in the imperial palace would like to know what it is like this is our first time to vegas. thanks

robert

by RachelH

It is an older hotel. Many don't like it because of this fact, but others who like the "old Vegas" don't mind the lack of super-clean, new materials. I find it a bit dark, and the pool is very basic. HOWEVER, the location is fantastic!

by ltt

above poster said it all. when confirming your reservation or when checking in, ask them for the most recently renovated room (if there is one). don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

I stayed there in 2003 on my first every trip to Vegas and this is what i writ in my report on my pages.>>>

IMPERIAL PALACE HOTEL by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

Accommodation Name:
Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino

I Stayed At The Imperial Palace Hotel For 3 Days In 2003 And It Was Exactly As I Expected.

A Cheap Slightly Run Down Hotel With A Great Center Strip Location Right In The Heart Of The Strip.

My Room Was Basic Of Average Size With A Decent Sized Bed.

The Bathroom Was Showing Signs Of Wear And Tear But Good Enough For My Needs.

The Hotel Lifts Were Quite Slow And Always Busy But The Casino Was Easy To Navigate And The Staff I Encountered Were Generally Helpful And Polite.

The Buffet Is One Of The Cheaper Ones At About 9 Dollars With Tax And Compares Ok With Others I Have Had And For Just $5 You Can Have Steak And Eggs Between 12am And 4am At The "Teahouse" Which I Did Seeing As I Got In Well After Midnight.

The Hotel Does Have A Very Good Show Called "Legends In Concert" Which I Thoroughly Enjoyed And Would Recommend To Everyone.

If You Are Looking For A Cheap Hotel Basically For Somewhere To Sleep And With A Great Location Then This Is Just Fine.

If You Want Something Classier Then Look Elsewhere.

Comments