3535 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• AdamCode's Profile Photo

A decent place to lay your head

I stayed here for three nights in March 2006 and had no complaints. I stayed with two other friends in a standard, two-double bed room. There was nothing special about the room, although it was a little tired. Depending on what you are used to, some might call it a dive, but hey, we're in college! The price was $140/night, but you can definitely find a better price than that if you plan ahead. We threw the trip together last minute. For us, this hotel was only a place to sleep, and we did not end up sleeping much!

The location is great, situated within close walking distance of all the great casinos on the Strip. This is the best thing about the Imperial Palace. The Imperial Palace Casino downstairs is not one of the newest or nicest, but you can find $5 min blackjack tables open on occasion, as well as dealers dressed according to themes such as Blues Brothers, Elvis, etc.

In the end, Vegas is what you make of it!

• AdamCode's Profile Photo

A decent place to lay your head

I stayed here for three nights in March 2006 and had no complaints. I stayed with two other friends in a standard, two-double bed room. There was nothing special about the room, although it was a little tired. The price was $140/night, but you can probably find a better price than that if you plan ahead. We threw the trip together last minute. For us, this hotel was only a place to sleep, and we did not end up sleeping much! The location is great, situated within close walking distance of all the great casinos on the Strip. The Imperial Palace Casino downstairs is not one of the newest or nicest, but you can find $5 min blackjack tables open on occasion, as well as dealers dressed according to themes such as Blues Brothers, Elvis, etc.

In the end, Vegas is what you make of it!

• midnight_mike's Profile Photo

This is no palace

The Imperial Palace looks great on the outside, but its rooms and services are fairly basic. Staying here, you will not think that it is a palace. It is a very popular spot for budget travelers as it is ideally located in the center of the Las Vegas strip and offers some of the lowest room rates. The hotel is across the street from Caesars Palace and next to Harrah’s.

If this hotel was located in another city, it would surely get more positive reviews. The room I stayed in was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Asian- Hawaiian Theme

The Imperial Palace isnt one of my favorite hotels but i have stayed here many times because the rates arent too bad. Also my friends love to stay here for some reason. I stayed here one time during the new years weekend and we were surprised to find availability and resonable prices. The good thing about this hotel is that its right on the strip in the middle of everything. It is right next to Harrahs. The rooms are simple but neat and clean. The only real bad thing that i can think of is the elevator problem. Just be ready to take the stairs more often than you might care for.

Unique Quality: The Dealertainers- some of the Dealers at the tables are dressed to impersonate thd blues brothers, madonna, marilyn monroe and Rod Stewart. I think there are a few others as well. Its kinda funny how they will break out into a routine.

Directions: From I-15 North Exit Flamingo Road (Exit #38) to the right Continue East down Flamingo Rd.Turn left on Las Vegas Blvd. South ,Imperial Palace will be on your right side

• Las Vegas Best Surprise

We have stayed at 5 different hotels on this trip.....we travel light and we were interested in trying different ones: Imperial Palace, Stratosphere, Bally's, Excalibur and looking for the best hotel deal on Friday we decided to try out Motel 6.

IMPERIAL PALACE got our No.1 vote against hotels listed above (including Bally's).
    On our arrival, reception was very nice and friendly and gave us very "welcome" feeling. We got room #630. Room was easy to find, hallways easy to navigate, ice dispenser and pop-machine in reasonable distance. View was nothing much, mostly into garage building across the courtyart and some of the hotels across the street. Room had small balcony which came handy for checking teemperature outside when we were trying to decide what to wear.

Reading reviews it seems that there is quite a difference between rooms and perhaps we were lucky. However, after trying above listed hotels, this was number one on this trip.

Room #630 had King size bed and was large. It had newish good quality decor ALL tastfully done in light beige and cream colours, all well coordinated and very clean. Pillows were new and good quality, so was blanket. Mattrace was also good and comfortable. Bed linnen crisp and fresh. Bathroom was excellent, newly remodeled and clean with plenty of towels, 3 bath sized soaps, shampoo, lotion, shower cap.

Unique Quality: Location of hotel is great. We arrived after midnight and were able to go out and feel safe. We had pleasant quiet walk in courtyard of Flamingo Hotel (nice landscaping with water, palms and water loving animals and birds).

Next morning, we enjoyed Imperial Hotel entertainers/dealers who were great fun. They singed and danced on little stage in middle of the game tables, impersonating well known stars and especially "Ricky Martin" was great mover and shaker.

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

In the Heart of the Strip

We chose the Imperial Palace because of its central location on the strip. You can walk across the street to Ceasar's Palace, and Paris, Bellagio, and the Venetian are just a short walk away. The rooms themselves will never win any awards, but who comes to Vegas to sleep? Not a great pool.

Unique Quality: There is a section of the casino where all the card dealers, etc are dressed as elvis, marilyn, etc. Looks neat to walk in a casino and see them there.

The luau is surprisingly good and well worth the money. The food is excellent and the entertainment is great. We were a little unsure but it was 3-4 hours of good times.

Directions: Across from Caesar's Palace and the Forum Shops

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The IP baby!

Imperial Palace was a very pleasant suprise, it was well worth the price, not only due to the fun I had in this smaller hotel, but because it is located in the center of the action just as much as Ceasars and Bellagio, I mean, they are only a short walk away. The casino here is one of my favorite, as you walk down into it, as opposed to walking up into it as you do in most of the others, you get this very authenitic old-style Vegas feel. The music and show biz "Legends" (Madonna, Elvis, Micheal Jackson) dealing cards gives this place a unique feel, as does their performances. The IP does lack shopping, but Embers is a nice dining spot on the 4th floor. This place might not appeal to the aristocrats of travel, but for the average American like myslef, I enjoyed my stay here and spent the money elsewhere that I saved by not staying at the Wynn another day!

Unique Quality: This blue-lit hotel has a unique jazz-like feeling walking into the casino.. the legend performances are quite pleasant if you are in the mood, i mean, where else can Jimi Hendrix deal your flush while Elvis shakes his hips behind you?

Directions: Center of the strip

• Jase1177's Profile Photo

IP - Great Location - Basic Quality

The Imperial Palace (IP) is a small older (i.e. pre-1990s) hotel & casino with a great location on the Strip. In comparison to the mega-casinos that make the Strip famous, it is definitely lower quality. However, on its own, it is an adequate place for an active time in Las Vegas. It is situation about in the center of the Strip across from Caesar's Palace. The location coupled with the price is a major attraction.

The rooms are moderately furnished with furniture popular on the set of "Miami Vice" and can look a little drab. My room was not dirty or falling apart nor unsafe. Although some rooms are said to have views, mine had a view of the wall and window of the room next to mine. Cleaning service was done nicely without any concerns. Think about it...you don't go to Vegas to spend the time in your room.

The casino itself is small and cramped in someplaces. The most fun thing about the casino is the "Dealertainer" section in the middle (you cannot miss it at night). This is the section where they have celebrity impersonators/look-alikes (some really don't looke like their counterparts) dealing the Blackjack tables. They will take turns singing and performing (lypsyncing). Although it is a bit kitchy, it adds a bit of zanny fun.

I really didn't eat at the restaurants, so I will not comment on them. I did like that you could earn comp $$ to put towards your room, gifts, or food in the hotel.

This place continually gets criticized for its level of quality and some of may be warranted. However, much of that criticism is based on comparison to other glitzy places. I think that it is a good place to stay if you are going for a quick weekend, especially if you want to save $$ and spend little time sleeping. If you are looking for something nicer without crushing your gambling budget, the New York, New York & Treasure Island are definitely good.

• queensgirl's Profile Photo

It's affordable but not luxurious!!

This is the place to stay for convience and affordability, that is it. The location on the strip was perfect but the hotel is old and alittle run down. I even got into with the cleaning person who cleaned our room. I personally will not be back (only if I am desparate).

Unique Quality: None

• Cincinnati1313's Profile Photo

Great staff and crowd

Imperial palace is a favorite among locals because it's more of a personable casino and pertains more to a middle class crowd. There are even dealers that dress up like rock stars and sing after they have dealt you a hand of Blackjack. The Karaoke bar in the front rules. The whole place is great.

Unique Quality: Dealers that perform and deal BlackJack at the same time.

Directions: Central Strip

• amyday's Profile Photo

Who cares! It's just a bed!

Let me preface by saying I think if you are in your room long enough to care then you don't need to be in Vegas in the first place. Go out there and party!

Still, the room was clean -maid service was great. They need more elevators. Every trip up or down was packed butts2nuts. We went off season and got a great deal so the price was pretty good. It's a little further down the strip than I would've liked but I'd still stay there again.

Unique Quality: The 21 dealers dressed as entertainers like Madonna, Cher, Tina Turner and of course ELVIS were an extra treat. After dealing they go behind the tables and perform. Fun and most importly FREE!

BONUS: It was attached to the Monorail which made it easy to get from one end of the strip to the other. Perfect for those too-wasted-to-walk moments.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Nice price and location...

Check-in lines can be brutal here, you'll feel like you may never get to your room. The staff is pleasant enough. Because the IP is packed in between a couple of casinos, there's a good chance you'll have a lousy view - we got to look at the parking garage. The rooms are not that special - pretty small, no clocks, and the showers are built for people under 5 feet tall. It can be a maze to find your room once you get off the elevator. However, the location is great, and the casino is as well - lots of machines and many table games with fairly low minimums. If you're looking for a room that will be for sleeping only, this is a good choice.

Edited as of 3/2006 - Harrah's has taken over and ruined a great casino. The table limits are generally $10 (there are a few $5 limits, but not too many) and most were crowded since they had about 1/3 of the tables shut down. Those of us who used to hang out here a lot will likely have to look elsewhere for reasonably priced gaming.

Unique Quality: Can't miss the auto exhibit upstairs! Get a free coupon that you should be able to find just about anywhere.

Directions: Mid-strip

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Cheap Alternative on the Strip

Known affectionately by the Vegas regulars as IP, the Imperial Palace is a cheap alternative to the mega resort hotel / casinos on the Las Vegas Strip. It’s one of the older properties still left in this area and I probably in need of a bit of updating. Regardless, this hotel always fills up quickly on the busiest weekends in Las Vegas because it’s so affordable. If money is your concern and you’re only looking for a place to rest your head for the tow or three hours your planning to sleep during your stay you might want to check out IP. I must admit that I haven’t yet stayed here, although I have considered it, so it’s only circumstances that have kept me away, therefore I can’t comment on the quality of the rooms. I have, although, spent time in this casino. The table limits here are some of the lowest on the Strip so if you’re a novice gambler you might want to spend an evening here. It’s easy to make friends with the Pit Bosses and dealers, they’re more than helpful here. The casino, like the rest of the hotel, is dated but the low stakes keep people coming back.

Unique Quality: Low table limits and cheap rates keep this Vegas institution in business.

Directions: Next to Harrah's and across from Caesers Palace on the Strip.

• bhemak's Profile Photo

The Blue Casino

I have stayed in the Imperial Palace several times. It has never disapointed. Every Vegas regular has there favorite place in town, and this is mine. The rooms are nothing special other than being about the cheapest on the central strip, but still quality.

Unique Quality: The odd part of the Imperial Palace is that it shouldn't be there. It is a small player next to Paris, Bally's, Ceasar's, and other big boys. Any good casino marketer know to use red, green, and purple lights to get people to open there wallets. The Imperial Palace is lit blue inside and out. It gives people an odd netherworld quality.

Additionally the cocktail waitress's uniforms are the best in my opinion. They don't show the most skin, they are just the most flatering.

Directions: Central Strip baby. It's the blue one the east side of the street.

• joits's Profile Photo

Great location

The best thing this hotel has going for it is its awesome location. Located opposite Caesar's Palace and Treasure Island... once you check in, you can leave ur car in the garage for the whole weekend. All the major hotels on the strip are walking distance. The rooms are decent enough. I spend most of the time gambling, clubbing or drinking so the hotel is just somewhere to leave our bags. If we do finally get tired, the hotel is quite comfortable enough.

More about Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino

Auto Collection, imperial Palace, Las VegasAuto Collection, imperial Palace, Las Vegas

imperial palace

by ROBBO7

hi to one and all

has anyone stayed in the imperial palace would like to know what it is like this is our first time to vegas. thanks

robert

by RachelH

It is an older hotel. Many don't like it because of this fact, but others who like the "old Vegas" don't mind the lack of super-clean, new materials. I find it a bit dark, and the pool is very basic. HOWEVER, the location is fantastic!

by ltt

above poster said it all. when confirming your reservation or when checking in, ask them for the most recently renovated room (if there is one). don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

I stayed there in 2003 on my first every trip to Vegas and this is what i writ in my report on my pages.>>>

IMPERIAL PALACE HOTEL by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

Accommodation Name:
Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino

I Stayed At The Imperial Palace Hotel For 3 Days In 2003 And It Was Exactly As I Expected.

A Cheap Slightly Run Down Hotel With A Great Center Strip Location Right In The Heart Of The Strip.

My Room Was Basic Of Average Size With A Decent Sized Bed.

The Bathroom Was Showing Signs Of Wear And Tear But Good Enough For My Needs.

The Hotel Lifts Were Quite Slow And Always Busy But The Casino Was Easy To Navigate And The Staff I Encountered Were Generally Helpful And Polite.

The Buffet Is One Of The Cheaper Ones At About 9 Dollars With Tax And Compares Ok With Others I Have Had And For Just $5 You Can Have Steak And Eggs Between 12am And 4am At The "Teahouse" Which I Did Seeing As I Got In Well After Midnight.

The Hotel Does Have A Very Good Show Called "Legends In Concert" Which I Thoroughly Enjoyed And Would Recommend To Everyone.

If You Are Looking For A Cheap Hotel Basically For Somewhere To Sleep And With A Great Location Then This Is Just Fine.

If You Want Something Classier Then Look Elsewhere.

Comments