The Venetian

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Beautiful

My husband and I didn't stay here we were walking through it, although its really huge and you can get easily lost. Beautiful ceilings hand painted, but really rude tourists who do not know to keep walking instead of standing on the stairs which is the only way to get to the other side. BEWARE!!!!! the people in the suits, they will grab you get pissed at you and try to talk you into going to a "free" thing to get free tickets and rooms and such. Water there is expensive.

Unique Quality: The beautiful hand painted ceilings look like its heaven.

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Opulent, luxurious hotel

This was by far the most opulent Hotel we have stayed in for a long time and we have stayed in some pretty nice resort hotels throughout Asia. The decor with its magnificent entry foyer , food hall, numerous restaurants and the shopping complex makes it a very attractive place to stay. The rooms themselves are mini suites with a lounge area large bed area and marble bathroom with a little niche make up area. All very plush. However, there is no coffee making facilities, fridge or wine glasses. However, they did oblige when we asked. I guess they don't want you to stay in the room too long.;) There were a number of pools but I swam in the pool that was heated (23 degrees). It was perfect. What was funny was there were a large number of people sun baking. I was the only one swimming (doing laps);)
    We booked the hotel through the Holiday Inn site which was offering specials for the Venetian.

• IvyNJH's Profile Photo

Worst Hotel in Las Vegas

This hotel is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. THe staff was rude, unhelpful and snotty. We were lied to about our almost $2000.00 room (3 nights this includes NOTHING but the ROOM) and when we wanted the room we were promised they offered us a GREAT DEAL!!!! BEST ONE THEY'D EVER SEEN!!! Upgrade to a penthouse suite for only $500.00 EXTRA PER NIGHT! LMAO... really????? I have never dealt with any staff so horriblein my life. The casino smelled awful and the atmosphere was horrible. We had a great time in Vegas as long as we were no where near this pitiful excuse for a resort.

Unique Quality: NONE

• VALET HIT AND RUN

NEVER VALET YOUR CAR HERE! My BMW X5 came back with a huge gash and a cracked rim. The damage was so bad that it is still at the body shop in vegas and its been a week already. The hotel is not claiming any responsibility. I asked for security footage and it was denied. Not only was it denied, they claim that they dont even have security cameras in the valet area. BS!!! So I asked them, fine but how about escorting me down to the valet area so I can gather some information on what might have happened and that request was denied. I guess its their hotel policy to take your car and not have any responsibility over the safety and security of the car. No cameras down there at all?!? If anyone else has had similar experience with Valet, please msg me. I'm looking for any advice on what to do in this situation.

• Beware of room "bait and switch"

We had booked two rooms at the Venetian for a three-day stay. When we checked in, the clerk said he would try to get us connecting rooms, then said that was not possible, but he could offer us two rooms close together with a view of the strip. We said that sounded fine. We were very surprised, upon checking out, that we had been charged an "upgrade fee" of $50 per night per room. When I protested to a manager that we had neither been offered nor accepted an upgrade, and that we certainly had not been told that the rooms we were given were going to cost $50 more than the ones we had booked (had we been told, we would have declined them), she produced the sheets we had signed at check-in (during the signing of which the clerk had kept asking us questions about where were we from, how was our flight, etc., which made it impossible to concentrate on reading the sheet), which listed, amidst a full page of fine print and in hard-to-find format, the higher room charges, and said the view of the strip constituted the "upgrade." I continued to protest and she finally agreed to remove the extra charges for one night, as well as the mandatory extra resort fee of $20 per room per night for all three nights, thus leaving us an extra $80 out of pocket instead of $300. Her reaction, however, made clear that this "bait and switch" is fairly standard practice at the Venetian, so we will not be staying there again.

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

All-around good

We wanted to get away for just a few (five actually) days. Allegiant Air flies to Las Vegas from Stockton. We bought a package that included a four-night stay at The Venetian.

Service was exemplary. We had no more than five-minute waits to check in and out. We ordered room service once; our meal was promised in one hour and arrived in 30 minutes.

Our room was huge -- the size of a "suite" at the Hotel Edouard VII in Paris -- and the price fair.

The hotel has several restaurants. We had dinner and brunch in Bouchon of chef Thomas Keller (he of the French Laundry in Napa, consistently rated the best restaurant in the country). Both meals were spectacular.

Oh, and I won $822 playing the slots (the only kind of gambling I do).

Unique Quality: It was a good location from which to watch the New Year's fireworks. While not so spectacular as Rio de Janeiro's, the seven-minute Vegas fireworks at The Venetian surrounded us on all sides.

• Its a request not a reservation

Just back from a great week in Vegas except.......

Made reservations at the Venetian only to find out upon check in that a reservastion for a non smoking king size bed was just a request and not an actual reservation.

After a day of traveling and ready to lay down and rest that was the last thing I expected or wanted to hear.

I was offered the following options

a room with a king size bed on the strip side for an additional $45 a day. (there 4 nights)

a room at the Palazoo with a king size bed

or a room at the Venetian with two queen size beds. (

The only explanation from the Venetian was that it wasn't an actual reservation but a request.

What has happened to the days when you actually got what you asked for?

• Where NOT to stay when you're in Vegas

As a business owner, having non-stop coverage and top-rated customer service is my number one priority. This is was the first in ten years that my company was going to be closed for one week, since Christmas fell on a Saturday. So when my family and I decided to sneak away for a few days we wanted only a five-star hotel to stay at.

My husband, two teenage daughters, and I stayed at your hotel from December 22 - 24, 2010. It wasn't going to be a long stay, but we were looking for quality. I have to say, the hotel fell short in many ways. Below are some points that I found to be substandard of a five-star hotel:

Upon entering the guest elevators, I noticed the crystal chandeliers had missing or broken crystals in them. It was quite trashy looking.

Upon entering my room, I was disappointed to find it dirty. There were LOTS of scuff marks on the foot of the door and baseboards...especially in the "bedroom" area. (This was room 12-312.)

The desk had a splintered area of wood on it that my husband sliced his ankle on, causing bleeding and discomfort.

There was so much wear on the lounge at the foot at the bed that the gold edging had worn off one leg.

My reservations were clear that there were going to be four people in the room...for which I paid $70 for. Yet, there were insufficient linens. I had to call down and request extra pillows and blankets to accommodate for all four of us. On that note, there was only one set of shampoo/conditioner/body wash and soap. There were only two water glasses...yet four people. This is NOT ample for four people...even for one day.

The safe did not work...even with the simple instructions provided. When I called down, I was told that someone would be up to "reset" it. We waited, and waited, and waited, then finally called down and told the operator that we were going to have to schedule it for later, as we needed to get something to eat and return to the room and wait.

We make reservations for the Blue Man Group on 12/23/10 @ 4:00 PM. I sat in the second row from the stage, in the farthest left seat. (If you were in the audience looking up at the stage.) The performance was enjoyable. However, my seat was wet. Not damp, WET. Even wetness wouldn't be too horrible if it didn't stink. It smelled as though I was sitting on a seat that someone had vomited on, or one that had been moist so long that it had started to mold. I ended up using my poncho, doubling it up, to try to put a barrier between myself and the sick smelling wetness.

Worse of all, the second night of our stay, the movie channels would not come on. The commercial that kept taunting us..."Stay in and watch a premium movie" kept playing, but we couldn't to the rental service meny. Again we had to call for service. However, this time, the technician was there for hours, had to try THREE cable boxes and go down and reprogram them as the person on the other line of the phone didn't know how to. The technician left our room at 9:16 PM, too late for us to stay up for a movie. Our night was spent watching the technician try to do his job.

I mentioned my dissatisfaction to the clerk upon check out, and received apologies for the inconveniences. The employee deducted the "resort fees" and movie rental expense from the previous night. I appreciated his attempt to satisfy the situation, but do feel this fell short.

Unique Quality: The square, where there is a living statue, two top-rated restaurants, and the gondolas.

• silly659's Profile Photo

The best hotel for location and group of people

So I've stayed at the venetian three times now, and each time I love it. The pools are great - you can use the pool at both the Venetian and the Palazzo. The only things that's annoying is the constant phantom music and the perfume smell, other than that it's a pleasure. It's not as crowded as the other hotels (MGM, NYNY) and the people at the casino are a range of ages unlike Wynn/Encore (where it is more older) or MGM/NYNY (where it is younger). All 3 times that I have stayed at the Venetian it has been with a group of friends (4-6). All the rooms are suits. I personally like Palazzo the best, then Venetian and then the Venezia tower (stayed in all 3). The suites are huge and if you're splitting it with a group of people it's where worth it. There service is great, the staff is friendly and effecient. THere are multitude of restaurants to choose from - but mostly all are mid range to hight range cost wise. I know when I go to gamble I do it mostly at the hotel I'm staying at, these are not cheap tables, though they will have 10 dollar tables once in a while (off time). CHECK IT OUT =) IT's great!

Unique Quality: - If you enjoy clubbing - it has TAO, Tryst and Blush (all which are nice-but club scenes change each year, so youll have to see what's in at that time if interested

- Food- 1) Grand Lux Cafe (good food-it's an upscale Cheesecake factory with
    an endless menu and they have a to-go)
    2) Bouchon - Soooooooooooooooooo impeccable, their breads are good,
    but very expensive
    3) Pan-noodle Asia - They were soo sweet, they made us a vegetarian
    cuisine (multiple dishes even though it was not in the menu - and TASTY
    DISHES)
    4) Tanqueria Canoita - mexican food, it was good, nothing spectacular

-Grand canyon Ranch SPA--- WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE. So my mom and I had the whole day to ourself so from 9am to 3pm which just enjoyed the spa facility for $40. The spa is HUGE, great from mother and daughter even if you dont' get a massage. But if you do, I heard they are great. They have a jacuzzi, a sauna, steam room, these rain showers to cool off in, this ice box, their common launge is great, huge, you can just go in there and smell the beautiful scents. They also have an area for you to read which is suppppppppppper relaxing, they have some fresh fruit and teas. Absolutely worth it if you wanna get away from all the hustle bustle.

-Looooots of shoppping, they have alllllllllllllllllllll the big designer stores - so bring lots of money and attitude to shop

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo

Piazza San Marco, Gondolas & Hedonism in Nevada

The Venetian is huge. And that was even before they added the Palazzo hotel next door. Visually, the Venetian is pretty impressive - it is a smaller version of everything that Venice, Italy has to offer: San Marco Plaza, the Campanile, the Rialto Bridge, the Doge's Palace, and even a system of canals, complete with gondolas and singing gondoliers. The casino is huge and the hotel has an impressive array of shops, restaurants and night clubs.

To properly break down a review of the Venetian, it needs to be broken down into categories: 1. The Hotel & rooms, 2. The Casino, 3. the Canal Shops, and 4. Clubs, Bars and Pool.

1. The Hotel & Rooms at the Venetian are a big plus: all rooms are suites and are enormous. It is no problem to fit 4 people in a room. The rooms and bathrooms are well appointed and very classy. With such a huge amount of rooms, check in lines can be long (as can cab lines when you're trying to leave the hotel and casino). That being said, it normally moves rather quickly for the length.

2. The Casino is enormous and has all the games you need. I like the casino with one huge exception (and this applies to most open spaces at The Venetian): they pump perfume in the air everywhere, so when you walk around or gamble, there is a sweet perfume smell in the air that gives me a headache. I have several friends who refuse to go to The Venetian because of the perfume smell. I can generally stand the smell for a while, however, it is by far the biggest negative to the casino and the Venetian, IMO.

3. The Canal Shops are an impressive network of shops and restaurants that meander around the system of canals located at the Venetian. It's a very enjoyable place to stroll, people watch, shop (I'm not a shopper, but I can see how people enjoy it here), or grab a bite to eat.

4. The clubs, bars and pool are where the Venetian really shines. Tao is consistently one of Vegas' hotspot nightclubs, its newer "Tao Beach" section of the Venetian pool is a site to behold, and there are variety of other bars that are good for a drink. A great undercover sports bar is located at The Venetian. It's called Lagasse's Stadium (it's actually located at the Palazzo, which is connected to the Venetian) and it is one of the cooler sports bar's I've ever been too. If you want to take in a game while in Vegas, you'd be hard pressed to beat Lagasse's.

Unique Quality: Postiives: Huge rooms, Tao Beach, Lagasse's Stadium Sports Bar
    Negatives: Perfume pumped into the air

• Venetian's air is a health hazard!!!!!!!!!!

Great hotel except... you have to deal with the unnessary odor they put through all of the ducts! The horrible smell in your clothes (must have some sort of oil base) is impossible to get rid of unless you have them thoroughly washed and/or dry cleaned!! THEY HAVE A PROBABLE HEALTH HAZARD WAITING FOR A MAJOR CLASS ACTIONLAW SUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN UNTIL THEY RID THEMSELVES OF THIS MORONIC AIR SPRAY!! aLL DOWNSIDE, NO UPSIDE FOR THIS INSANE DECISION!!!!!!!!! gET RID OF THIS SMELL AND HEALTH HAZARD, AND THEY MAY GET BACK THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS THAT WILL NOT RETURN UNTIL THEY FIRE THE MORONS WHO DID THIS AND RESTORE THEIR AIR TO A STANDARD THE WHOLE WORLD USES... CLEAN AND ODORLESS!!!!!!!!!

• jenbolls123's Profile Photo

Mini-Venice

Presenting a Vegas spin on the upscale culture of Venice, the Venetian is located on the Strip and features a Grand Canal complete with gondola rides, a 120,000 square-foot casino, elegant accommodations, and is approximately four miles from McCarran International Airport.

The Venetian's signature feature is its quarter-mile Grand Canal, a waterway by piazzas and shops on which guests may partake in gondola rides. Performers entertain guests along the Grand Canal's cobblestone walkways. The Grand Canal Shoppes include 80 international boutiques and name-brand outlets. The hotel's casino offers table games, a semi-private high-limit salon, slot and video poker machines, and a luxury race and sports lounge. Live entertainment includes Broadway shows such as the Blue Man Group, the Phantom of the Opera, and Wayne Brady. The Venetian is also home to Madame Tussaud's wax museum, housing replicas of celebrities. Canyon Ranch SpaClub is a 69,000 square-foot, two-level wellness and fitness facility offering massage therapies, beauty treatments, a beauty salon, acupuncture, a fitness center, whirlpools, saunas, a 40-foot indoor rock-climbing wall, fitness classes, and a cafe. The five-acre pool deck atop the fourth level of the Venetian tower has three pools, one whirlpool, ten cabanas for rent, cocktail service, and a central bar.

Directions: Located on the site of the historic Las Vegas Sands and connected to the Sands Expo and Convention Center.

• richyoon's Profile Photo

Sometimes Worth the Value

I have two kids and finding a room large enough to accomodate my entire family without being too cramped has been my primary concern. With that in mind, I would recommend the Venetian/Palazzo. They have a lot of specials going on during June/July ($159/night during the week and $249/weekends-check their websites - Venetian and Palazzo are connected, but have two separate sites). I know its not cheap but the Venetian/Palazzo is a very nice property (one of the best in Vegas), lots of shops, a good location to everywhere, and a good pool. With kids, having a pool is key! The rooms at the Venetian/Palazzo are all-suites so there is 700 sq feet, and you can chose a room that has two queen beds and a pull-out full size sofa bed. An alternative less expensive option (which I consider a total hidden gem) is the Tuscany Suites. Check out its webpage http://www.tuscanylv.com/index.php?PID=HOME . Slightly off the main strip, but close to everything.

• garymarsh6's Profile Photo

Luxurious hotel on the strip

We stayed for a week from the 1st of April. My second stay in The Venetian. Check in was swift and efficient & when they heard we were there to celebrate our daughters21st birthday the guy upgraded our suite to a larger suite. The rooms are massive with a large sleeping area and a step down into the lounge. Each area has a large flat screen TV and also a smaller one in the bathroom. Facilities in the room are good an amoure which stored the fridge (Bear in mind if you touch anything inside the fridge its pressure sensitive and you will be charged for it even if you never used it). Also it has a safe. The sitting area consists of an L shaped sofa coffee table writing table fax and printer and a small dining table. The bathroom is massive with a large bath, nice shower, his and hers sinks plus a wardrobe and separate toilet. The beds are very comfortable. The only minus I would say about the rooms is that the lights are a bit dim. It is extremely comfortable however. The facilities in the hotel are great with the Guggenheim art gallery, Madam Tussauds, the canal shops and St.Marks square where street entertainers erm entertain. Currently they have Phantom of the opera and the blue man group playing in the Venetian.Restaurants abound and there is a a massive food court. Prices range from cheap in the food court to reasonable in the Grande luxe cafe to quite expensive in the other restaurants. The casino is massive and everyone in the hotel treats the guests with respect and curteousy. My only criticism this time is that they have allowed time share touts into the hotel offering free shows but you will be subjected to hard sell presentations. Whilst they are a pain in the neck they will not will not bother you as long as you avoid eye contact. I wouldnt hesitate in recommending people stay here its a fantastic place.

Unique Quality: Sheer opulance and the very ornate appearance of public areas. There is a large pool deck at the rear of the hotel and a smaller pool area for the exclusive use of the Venezia tower guests. IT really is like a home from home and very welcoming indeed. The hotel is ideally situated on the strip, smack bang in the middle of all the action. It is easy to get to the other hotels on the strip.

Directions: In the middle of all the action making it an ideal base to explore Las Vegas

• doug48's Profile Photo

best

the venetian is one of las vegas' better luxury resort hotels. it offers all the amenities of a first class resort hotel. if you are a business traveler it is the best location for the sands convention center. the hotel has a venice theme with replica land marks of venice italy.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

More about The Venetian

The Venetian Hotel, Las VegasThe Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas

Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas StripVenetian Hotel, Las Vegas Strip

The Venetian, Las VegasThe Venetian, Las Vegas

Venetian - Las VegasVenetian - Las Vegas

What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by brjax

Thats the question.
Thanks for any information on it, we have a two night stay there.

Re: Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by paradisedreamer

Excellent choice !! We stayed at the Luxor which was alos great but if I went back iw oudl want to be a t the Venetian. We had luch at an excellent restaurant there. In a typical Venetian Piazza along a canal.

Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by risamay

Lucky, lucky you!! The Venetian is hands down my favorite hotel on the strip. Of the newer hotels on the strip, I've stayed at the Paris and the Bellagio and while both were fantastic, my "regular" room at the Venetian made them seem like fancy, overpriced closets.

Have fun!!!

Cheers,
Marisa (and Dino)

Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by ultra_violet

Luxuriously decorated rooms, Vivaldi in the elevators, and a faux canal make this hotel a delightful Las Vegas dream. The pool is AMAZING!! My favorite thing about Vegas - lounging by the enormous pool, sipping frozen drinks.

Comments