The Venetian

#7 of 326 hotels in Las Vegas
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 73 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 18755 reviews
Compare best prices from top travel partners InterContinental

Value Score

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels

Casino and Gambling Spa and Resort Museum Visits
See Amenities
doug48's Profile Photo

by written on January 19, 2008

the venetian is one of las vegas' better luxury resort hotels. it offers all the amenities of a first class resort hotel. if you are a business traveler it is the best location for the sands convention center. the hotel has a venice theme with replica land marks of venice italy.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

jenn5179's Profile Photo

Beautiful - inside and out

by written on January 18, 2008

I think that this entire property is just breaktaking....

All of the rooms are suites, so you have more than enough space and they are gorgeous inside. The staff was very helpful, and the hotel itself is just a little easier to navigate than some of the other properties on the strip.

There is a mall attached, which is where part of the gondola rides go through, and I like the location on the strip. Right in the middle of things. You can walk to a number of other casinos if you are going to check out other places.

If you get a good deal, or are going for a special occasion, I think this is a great spot. Pricey, but definitely one of the nicest places you can stay in Vegas

Unique Quality: Shopping Mall Adjacent

Maddam Tuseud's

Between hotel and shopping mall, lots of places to grab a bite to eat

Very Clean

Because it is upscale, you tend to not have to deal with the young rowdier crowd

Directions: On Strip, next to Harrah's

b-wu's Profile Photo

One of vegas best hotels

by written on December 25, 2007

The luxury king suite room is very spacious, a little over 600 square feet. The room has a big bath room, a big bed, and two big couches. I love the couches they are so comfortable. There's a big desk and a cat-5 cable for you to access the internet. The room service was great, we asked for extra towels and it was immediately delivered. The room is big enough to fit 4 people (two can sleep on the two couches and the others can sleep on the bed). So, if you split the hotel bill 4 ways, the total cost for each person wouldn't be too bad. The portion of the food there are small and very expensive so I wouldn't recommend eating there. The 'venetian luxury suite' rooms we got does not have a good view, you will see the roof of another building. To get a better view, i would recommend upgrading to the 'Venetian Bella' suite.

Unique Quality: This would be a great hotel to stay if you are planning on some special and romantic vacations with your significant others. There's a cd player for you to play your music. Also, there's a DVD player in the room, so make sure you bring your favorite DVDs to watch. You don't have to worry about sharing the tv. There are 3 tvs in the room (one in the living room, one in the bed room, and even one in the bathroom).

by written on November 1, 2007

Just returned from a short stay at the Venetian. I'm not one to be easily impressed but I did have to take a couple of breaths. From the opulent reception area, the amazingly friendly staff, the ease of access to facilities, etc, etc.
Yes, the mini-venice is all very impressive and if you love shopping, you'd be the perverbial kid-in-a candy-store!!!! But the room, the room, the room!!!! We inquired and were offered a suite overlooking the strip. HURRAH HURRAH!! The room was large, practically 2 of everything which was great with boyfriend. Even though we chose a smoking room, there was not a hint of it when we entered or when we left and returned at the end of the day. Which let's face it, I'm sure smokers and non-smokers alike will agree, is often not the case in many hotels that offer smoking options. My only negative is the restaurant options. Quite a few of the restaurants offer dinner only, so lunch time options are limited to the Grand Luxe cafe and Noodle Asia if you're not interested in Italian food. All in all, it was an excellent stay and I would highly recommend anyone going to las vegas to visit here!!!

P.S. DO NOT ORDER HOME SERVICE (too often). It can be very expensive as the tinny tiny small print at the bottom of the insuite menu indicates they add tax and gratuity and a delivery charge. Dinner for 2 was almost $200 and with a beer and a soda!!!

Unique Quality: The hotel and casino staff were the most accomodating and friendliest I have ever encountered. And they didn't hang around like leeches waiting for tips (from the UK, not accustomed to or a fan of tipping), which wasn't the case in a couple of the other hotels we 'visited'. The casino floor was well spaced and CLEAN. That sounds rediculous, but spent a couple of hours gambling at Bally's and ended up with a very bloody foot after treading on a large piece of glass on the casino floor and a very unpleasant black jack dealer!!!
Even though we didn't visit the pool area, it looked clean and inviting and well manned.

kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Venice in Vegas

by written on August 27, 2007

The Venice, Italy themed hotel features 4,000 beautiful and comfortable rooms, decorated in class and elegance...from the marble bathrooms to the two flat screen televisions and seperate sunken living room. Downstairs, over 120,000 sq.ft. of gaming includes over 122 differerent games.

Hotel Amenities:
Meeting Rooms
Dry Cleaning/Laundry
Interior Corridors

Dining Options

Unique Quality: ~The Grand Canal Shops : 500,000 sq. ft. of shopping with open-air waterways and gondola rides features over 70 shops and restaurants.

~Canyon Ranch Spa: 69,000 sq. ft. spa is a little overwhelming. Great packages; (I opted for the 5 hour massage/facial/manicure/pedicure/lunch...amazing!)

~Fitness Center: 21,000 sq. ft. with rock climbing wall.

~The Venetian features one of the hottest nightclubs at the moment (Tao) and the hottest Sunday pool club (Tao Beach)

msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Around the World without leaving the room

by written on July 2, 2007

I did not stay at the Venetian but would highly recommend it if you would like a romantic stay in Las Vegas. Or, if you love Italy! I toured the gigantic hotel. Great gift shop. They have gondola rides throughout the bottom floor. They have opera street performances, mimes, and live statues. It's just a really fun experience.

While gambling in this hotel the cocktail waitresses were friendly, helpful, and always ready when our drinks were getting low. The casino is really alive and I never had to wait for a drink!

Definitely worth the money if you can splurge.

Always look for travel deals/packages for cheaper rates.

Unique Quality: The painted ceilings and opera performances really made the hotel stand out. You just have to see it to know what I'm talking about!

They have anything available for you from golfing to eating del fresco to shows to wedding packages. Just find what best suites you!

Directions: Las Vegas Strip

onestepaway's Profile Photo

You Won't Be Sorry

by written on May 29, 2007

Lets just say this, we stayed at the Stratosphere, not The Venetian, but when we visited here they treat us like gold. I could not believe it. This is my kind of hotel and on our return we will be staying here.

Unique Quality: A perfect hotel!

maxm's Profile Photo

by written on April 25, 2007

We didn,t actually stay here as it is one of the most expensive hotels on the strip.However,as a casual visitor they make you most welcome and one is able to see the free shows during your time there.There are various musicals including the classics to pop and the whole complex is covered over,but illuminated by discreet lighting.....superb.And all the while,colourful Italian gondolas pass quietly by,their passengers being serenaded !!Eat,shop or just meander around----a grand hotel.

Unique Quality: Has it all !!

Directions: On the Strip

shargurl's Profile Photo

Luxury in Las Vegas

by written on March 31, 2007

We ended our 2-week trip to Las Vegas with a 2-night stay at the Venetian. It was glorious! The hotel is exquisite. The hotel literally takes you into another city. Although I've never been to Venice, this is as close as it gets!

Unique Quality: Gondola rides in the hotel!

Directions: Las Vegas Strip

GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Wonderful step down suite

by written on March 6, 2007

What a great room! I hear all the rooms are more or less the same. You have a step down area into a "living room". The bed was very comfortable for me. I like the bathrooms with the huge bathtub and glassed shower with plenty of room.
Our reservations were made through a third party travel site. This will not guarentee the room you have chosen. We were lucky and after 20 minutes of delay, we got the room we wanted. Your best bet is to book your stay through the hotel's website.

Directions: On Las Vegas Blvd. on the east side of the road, just south of the Wynn and north of the Mirage. Stay to the right to self park otherwise you will get stuck in the valet with all the taxicabs.

sammyboy312's Profile Photo

One of the best

by written on November 28, 2006

First of all I am not a gambler. So gambling was not why I was choosing this hotel. Before I booked a room, I read about the past reviews. Most of them were good and but some were kind of scary. But after my own research, I decided to take a chance and stay in this hotel. Well all of the positive things that are mentioned already are TRUE. The place was clean, top service, even better than the Wyyn. I would not bother you on repeating. I am spoiled now. And about being big, well it is a big hotel. If you can not find your way just ask some of the employees which are a big help. If you are going to Las Vegas and need to stay in an excellent place, I would recomend The Venetian. Any question ? email me at

Unique Quality: I stayed at the Venezia Towers. It was quiet, relaxing and great view of the pool. The bathroom wow! talk about relaxing shower time. Also, great room service as well as food. THE ONLY not so positive was that the general swimming pool is closed at 4 PM. But if you are in the towers they close at 10 pm. Other than this little detail, a wonderful place.

Directions: Get a bus from the airport or a taxi

malianrob's Profile Photo

Breath taking

by written on May 22, 2006

They say that theres nothing standard about the standard room at the Venetian. Thats the truth. I stayed here once. A friend of mine was in Vegas and invited me to go over. It was Superbowl Weekend and I knew Vegas was going to be happening! The room was incredible. It was bigger than my intire apartment at the time. The bathroom was almost bigger than my enitre apartment! It was beautiful, very classy, clean, breath taking! I loved the rooms at the Venetian better than the rroms at Ceasers Palace. There was also a sunken living room, and all the decorations were amazing.

Fun4you's Profile Photo

The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino

by written on May 12, 2006

One of the larger and most beautiful hotels on the strip neighboring The Wynn, The Mirage and Caesars Palace. The hotel is a true materpiece in side and out. The exterior looks in places like San Marco Square in Italy. Beautiful bridges grace gondola filled canals welcoming you to the hotel.

Be prepared to do some walking! The inside is vast with huge chandlers and marble/faux marble everywhere. The hotel contains a large casino, art gallery with high end rotating exhibits, pool, one of the best spas on the strip, multiple restaurants and a huge shopping area lined with gondolas. Gondola rides are available and give you a tour through out the hotel.

The rooms are luxurious and all are suites. Each room has two pseudopartitioned areas one with the bed and the other a sitting area with tv and desk for business. Excellent service. One of my favorite hotels on the strip. Highly recommended.

Unique Quality: 19 extraordinary restaurants ranging from casual to fine dining

Four bars and lounges, including Tao Nightclub, V Bar, and La Scena

Canyon Ranch SpaClub featuring a full-service salon, fitness center, rock-climbing wall, and a wide range of soothing treatment packages

The Grand Canal Shoppes, our indoor streetscape, boasting 80 international boutiques and brand-name outlets

Guggenheim Hermitage Museum, featuring original art by the likes of Rubens, Picasso, van Gogh, and Monet

Madame Tussaud’s with wax replicas of well-known celebrities

Live performances by the world-famous Blue Man Group

Directions: on the strip next to The Wynn and across from The Mirage

Dundooni's Profile Photo

New Tower is Gorgeous, but pack Comfy Shoes!

by written on May 9, 2006

I had the pleasure of staying in the new tower - The Venezia Tower - during my last stay in Vegas. The room was huge, complete with a comfortable sitting area, a desk and printer/fax machine, a large bathroom with a lovely tub, and very comfortable bathrobes. I would recommend this tower if you will be spending a lot of time in the room or if you plan on having 4 people in one room. There is plenty of room for many to be completely relaxed and comfortable. The tower is incoveniently far away, and there are two elevators to take just to get to your room. If convenience and being close to the rest of the activity in the hotel is important to you, I would not recommend staying in this tower. It is easy to get lost!

Unique Quality: The shower had a large shower head and a secondary set of smaller nozzles that hit the mid-section of the body. The linens were very comfortable and the towels were fluffy and large.

liqdstar's Profile Photo

by written on May 4, 2006

So we stayed at the Venitian-which was a big SPLURGE for us, but I loved it!
FIrst of all, stay at the Venizio tower, its the newer tower and in much better shape than the old building. PLus it has its own pool, which is smaller , but much less crowded.

I just loved this hotel. Room service is amazing and they place the yummiest chocolates in you room. the room is spacious and cozy, and the bathroom is HUGE!

ohh and the room service food is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. the best! but warning-it is really slow. One night we went out, ordered late night food when we got back, but passed out before it came. I was the only one who woke up to get the door, and ended up eating it anyway bc it was just so good.

The hotel is huge, so it takes foreever to get to the pool or shops, but thats the way all the hotels are.

The main pool is too crowded and felt kind of dirty. we used the venezia tower pools most of the time. those are less crowded and much cleaner. The pools arent anything fun, no waves or lazy river or anything. pretty basic, large, square pools, but fun nonetheless. I think there are 3 pools in the main area, and another 3 in the venezia tower area (and one is a hot spring type)

Highly recommended hotel.

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews