The Venetian

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
Booking.com Expedia.com BookIt.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• A Little Stuffy

We did not have to wait long to check-in and the staff was very nice. She explained all the charges and a little about the hotel. A small mixup in reservations was cleared up immediately - she had us down for two doubles or something and we requested a king. Our upgrade was about a two inch view of The Strip. They have a magnetic something on the min-fridge that notifies them if it has been opened and you will be charged...again, I have no idea how much, but didn't want to find out either. The room itself was nice and open, with a little sitting area...just like the pictures show on their website. We went down to the shoppes at The Venetian and had a chili/cheese dog and cheese fries at Nathan's Famous. Afterwards we went exploring some of the shoppes. I found them to be stuffy, but friendly. There were many beautiful things at very expensive prices. However, at one end of the shoppe area, is a little round platform for their "living statue." Really neat and had my picture with this person. I could have watched this for hours, but this is Vegas and there is so much to do and see I had to tear myself away. We had fitful nights' sleep. The sheets were overstarched and since the rooms "miror" each other, the late arriving honeymooners next door made a great test for the sound and stablility of the wall separating our two rooms. The next morning was check-out and that went just as quickly and friendly as the check-in.
    My overall impression of The Venetian - it's a bit stuffy for me. The shoppe clerks knew that I was not there to purchase, so they made it slightly uncomfortable to browse also. The sheets were starched stiff and the walls are a bit thin for my taste. Gorgeous hotel rooms and casino, very friendly staff....just my opinion.

Unique Quality: The rooms were just as pictured on their website. Very beautiful and elegant. The staff was friendly and accomodating.
    The sheets are uncomfortable and over starched. The walls are bit thin.
    The "living statue" was a fabulous touch! Can't wait to see them again!

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Ahhh... to relax at the Venetian

I did not stay in this resort, but did visit with new friends who did... I found this one of my favorite places to dine and shop as well. The service here was immaculate, as was the shopping and dining, and even the little gondola rides weren't all as cheesy as you would think, as most of the couples I saw riding through were newlyweds. The art here is fabulous, the Italian decor on the ceilings was fabulous, and I thought this place had awesome nightlife compared with some other hotels. I'd rank this place as one of the top 5, if not top 3, hotels in Vegas.

Unique Quality: I loved the artwork on the ceilings, I am also a big fan of Italian cuisine, so that fit me well. The shopping was up to par with Caesars as was the nightlife, I particularly enjoyed Tao and V clubs. Stay here and you definately will have alot of fun at your fingertips.

Directions: Center of the strip

• CrazyShoes's Profile Photo

The hotel with a water problem

What a hotel. What an entrance! Don't trip. One of the nicest hotels in Vegas. It has everything. Shops, restaurants, sexy people. They even let us in..

Unique Quality: Try out a gondola ride through the canal. The gondolier will sing for you. Funny ours didn't know the words to "Funky cold medina"

Directions: Middle of the strip

• marora99's Profile Photo

Venetian

Venetian is gorgeous but pricey hotel. The rooms are beautiful. The casino is breathtaking. The good thing about this hotel is that if you have a group of ppl going you can rent the bella suite. It has two queens and a sofabed so six ppl can fit comfortably maybe more depending on how you want to make the sleeping arrangement.

Unique Quality: high class hotel

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Inspired by of Italys most romantic city!

The Strip is very competitive and one only has to look down the street at night to see this. Each property has to not only keep up with the others, but to also attract and keep their visitors. All of this takes nerve, imagination and creativity. The Venetian was, according to us, one of the best casinos to achieve this.

Unique Quality: Inspired by the splender of Italys most romantic city, the Venetian offers a lot under one roof. Its front outside, which recreates most of the top landmarks in Venice (the 315-foot high Camponile Tower, St. Marks Square and Rialto Bridge) is a must see. The attention to detail is impressive, even the security guards wear Venetian police uniforms.

Directions: Right at The Strip.

• Avoid the check-in line...arrive 10 minutes early

While I highly recommend this hotel like most other reviewers, if you are staying in Vegas on the weekend and if you're spending time at the casinos, shows and other attractions, your money might be spent better elsewhere. However, if you are going to spend a lot of time in your room or if you're going to entertain friends in your room, then the Venetian makes sense.

We were in town for a wedding and had friends over for cocktails each evening and it was nice to have the room available for this. We also used the extensive pool areas each day...the many Europeans enjoying the favorable exchange rate turned one side of the sunning area into a "topless" zone. Hey, it's Vegas! Ho-hum!

Best tip: arrive at about 2:50pm for check-in. The hundreds of travelers waiting for the 3:00pm check-in time have not yet vacated their slot-machines to join the check-in line. You will get the best room available and by the time you've breezed through the check-in process, there will be 100 people in line!

Unique Quality: For those who like to primp, this hotel offers one of the largest bathrooms available anywhere in this country.

• TravelSimone's Profile Photo

Venice With Cleaner Water???

The Venetian bills itself as an all suites hotel. I guess you can say that this is the case. The rooms do have more in them than a traditional hotel room, but they are not really traditional suites. The "sitting room" is technically in the same room, it is just down a few steps. There is no true privacy/walls between the bed and living areas. However, it is still nicer than a lot of the other theme hotels.

Unique Quality: The casino is quite nice, but most of the tables have high limits... don't think you are going to find $2 tables. The pool area is also very nice.

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

Ciao Venetian

Out of every casino that i have stayed in throughout Las Vegas, the Venetian has to be my favorite.

Every room in house is a Suite, and for the amount you pay for a room, they better be. The bathrooms are wall to wall mirors, which can be good, or bad. 130sq ft. of bathroom alone, with marble floors.

The suite itself is 650sq ft. A sunken living room with a work desk, sleeper couch, dinning table, and TV makes you feel at home.

But it is not only the rooms that a fab at the Venetian. The resort itself, was made for a king. No expense was spared when it was built by owner Sheldon Adelson, and opened in 1999.

You can not starve at the Venetian when there are 18 restaurants to choose from. Shopping is also an option here, in the Grand Canal Shoppes, with over 500,000sq ft
    or retail heaven. Here you will feel like your actually walking through the streets of Venice. The canal holds over 1 million gallons of water, and offers romantic gondola rides with singing gondoliers. All this is on the second floor! The casino floor offers over 120,000sq ft of gaming space.

Finally make sure you take notice of all the paintings from renaissance and fresco time periods, that line the hotel walls and ceilings. They are all hand painted duplicates of famous venetian paintings, some taking over 1 year to paint.

For more on this first class hotel, visit the following link to there officail website. Venetian.

* Please feel free to rate this tip, or any of my other tips. I am always looking to improve them. Thank you...

• vegascafe's Profile Photo

The room was awesome!

Wow! What a hotel.

We stayed at the Venetian from 10/20/04 - 10/29/04 and not one thing went wrong.

From the moment you arrive, you are surrounded in total elegance (even the valet parking area outside has a hand painted ceiling).

The lobby is amazing with marble everywhere and a very efficient check-in desk. I must say that I was concerned about the service after reading previous reviews, however not once did we have a problem.

Our room (and when Isay "our" I mean my wife and I) was fantastic. All of the rooms are suites and they are big. The furniture, in fact the whole room was lovely quality. Just like the pictures on the Venetian website.

It does take a while to walk from your room (we stayed in the original part of the hotel not the Tower) approx 5minutes but even the elevators are class!

The staff were very friendly and helpful, nobody expected to be tipped which was nice. Of course we did tip, but there was no pressure.

The cocktail waitresses were beautiful and friendly and La Scena bar was one of the best we saw. We one a couple of jackpots on the slot machines...........yi hah!!!!

The whole place is breathtaking and that is before you see the 2nd floor shops and canal. It actually took my breath away, there were opera acts in St Marks square that i would have paid to see.

If you're from England then the hotel is not that expensive. I stay at the Hilton in Dartford and some of the food was cheaper at the Venetian!!!!

• KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

A wonderfull hotel

I think the nicest hotel in Las Vegas. When inside you are transferred to Venice and you can even take a "gondola" for a round.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Italy in Las Vegas

Located toward the middle of the Strip, The Venetian is one of the newer additions to the burgeoning resort hotel scene in Las Vegas. Loosely styled after the Italian city of Venice, this hotel even features the canals that made it’s namesake so famous. People can take a romantic ride in a gondola – rides are available everyday from a launch site in the Venetian shops for a fee. This all-suite hotel offers luxurious suites for every patron. It is a little more on the expensive side compared to some of the hotels you find on the Strip, but worth every extra penny. And, like every hotel in Las Vegas, there are deals to be found if you’re looking at the right time. This elegant hotel features some of Las Vegas’ finest shops and restaurants. Simply put, it’s a beautiful hotel that inspires romance while being in the middle of all the action.

Unique Quality: All the guest rooms in the Venetian are suites so you get more space than normal in Las Vegas. The Venetian is also home to The Grand Canal Shoppes and the Guggenheim Hermitage Museum.

• ROCKARIA's Profile Photo

THE VENETIAN HOTEL

This Hotel is the perfect setting for a romantic theme and comes complete with the gondolas to take couples for a ride in its man made canals and also venetians songs sung by the Barcaiolo.....
    Fantastic replica of Piazza San Marco and one have to notice the peacefull surroundings although situated in the middle of The Strip.

Unique Quality: Take a ride on the venetian gondolas and ask the barcaiolo while he is paddling through the canals to sing you your favourite italian song and impress your partner..............( Naturally no hiphop or Rap accepted!! )

Directions: The Hotel is situated in the middle of The Strip.

• uvaspy's Profile Photo

High class lodging

My friend and I have stayed here for the last two years. The staff here is very friendly and we enjoy the more classy atmosphere. One thing we enjoyed is that there was little to no children. The hotel had a more adult feeling to it.

Unique Quality: The staff was very polite and we feel very welcome here. We loved the lounges inside the hotel. Cute bouncer men!
    They are very concerned about customer service. One day the housekeeper broke our hair straightener and the manager replaced our item with a very high quality and expensive hair iron from the salon inside the hotel. We were very happy that they made sure we had a good stay.

Directions: Most northern part of the strip

• Las Vegas best hotel

We stayed at the Venetian this past 4th of July. We love it. The rooms were beautiful and extremely large. We love it. The hotel also has many great resturants.

Unique Quality: We had a view of the pool and it was gorgeous. The lobby was amazing. I felt that I was in Italy.

Directions: middle of the strip, across from the Mirage

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Luxurious and beautiful

We received a "deal" on email: $139/night, based on double occupancy, mid-week. for a suite. Yeah? Okay... My company forced everyone to take vacation between Christmas and New Year 2004, so we decided to take the offer.

We were not disappointed. While yes, the place is absolutely fake, as is everything on The Strip, the Venetian was, by far, the nicest hotel in to which we walked. We didn't walk in to the Bellagio, which looked like it could be the nicest, however.

The one thing I didn't like about our stay was the smell. They use some kind of cleaner or air "freshener" that I found really offensive.

Unique Quality: Our suite had a step-down sitting area, two televisions, a huge marble bathroom with glassed in shower and a large tub (not jacuzzi, however). The bed was canopied, in suite fax/printer/scanner and internet connection for our handy-dandy laptop. Paperwork indicated that the internet connection would cost $9.95 per day, however I had the laptop plugged in and never got charged. Good luck!

Directions: Across the street from The Mirage and Treasure Island

More about The Venetian

The Venetian Hotel, Las VegasThe Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas

Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas StripVenetian Hotel, Las Vegas Strip

The Venetian, Las VegasThe Venetian, Las Vegas

Venetian - Las VegasVenetian - Las Vegas

What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by brjax

Thats the question.
Thanks for any information on it, we have a two night stay there.

Re: Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by paradisedreamer

Excellent choice !! We stayed at the Luxor which was alos great but if I went back iw oudl want to be a t the Venetian. We had luch at an excellent restaurant there. In a typical Venetian Piazza along a canal.

Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by risamay

Lucky, lucky you!! The Venetian is hands down my favorite hotel on the strip. Of the newer hotels on the strip, I've stayed at the Paris and the Bellagio and while both were fantastic, my "regular" room at the Venetian made them seem like fancy, overpriced closets.

Have fun!!!

Cheers,
Marisa (and Dino)

Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by ultra_violet

Luxuriously decorated rooms, Vivaldi in the elevators, and a faux canal make this hotel a delightful Las Vegas dream. The pool is AMAZING!! My favorite thing about Vegas - lounging by the enormous pool, sipping frozen drinks.

Comments