The Venetian

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• worldglobetrotter's Profile Photo

That's amore!

Okay, so we didn't stay here either, but I did some research on this hotel. We did explore the hotel and I can't wait to go back!

You want the best room in Vegas? Look no further. Unfortunately, you'll have to pay for it...tres expensif!

What You Get Bottles of in the Bathroom: Oh, man, if you use it all you'll be attacked by bees thinking you're a big flower. Shampoo, conditioner, lotions, sewing kits and everything the best places have. Our advice is to bring a big toilet kit or purse to haul all this booty home.

Five acres of pool deck with five pools. While it's mostly plain old concrete, it's still plenty of swimming fun.

Unique Quality: Canal Shops
    This mall is as fancy as the Forum Shops at Caesars. There are dozens of high class shops for you to browse. It's all indoors and there's a canal where you may take a gondola ride for a small bundle. It's spectacular enough to be worth seeing once.

Guggenheim
    A real, legitimate art museum. This is a Hermitage outlet of the Guggenheim, which means it shows things from the permanent collection of Guggenheim or Hermitage focusing on themes, such as pop art or impressionists. Not exactly why you went to Vegas, but trust me, it's cheaper than spending time at the craps table.

Madame Tussaud's Las Vegas
    Want to spend $14 looking at big, human-shaped candles? If mannequins in the shapes of stars are not your thing, walk on by. A few of the celebs featured include: Evander Holyfield, "The Rock", Muhammad Ali, Brad Pitt, Eddie Murphy, Harrison Ford, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Idol, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Jon Bon Jovi, Marilyn Monroe, Madonna, Mick Jagger, Oprah, Jerry Springer and George Dubya.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Venice in Vegas

This is one beautiful place to be! This hotel has evrything you could want for a posh relaxing vacation. Although we have not stayed here yet friends of ours do and they love it. After hanging out in the rooms I can see why. This is an all suite hotel and they are not skimpy on the amenities. The beds are so comfortable. (yep I had to check it out!)
    The pools are very nice and The Spa is one of the largest of its kind in the country.

Unique Quality: The Grand Canal Shoppes are set in an interesting village like setting. Yes the Grand Canal runs right between them. There are 16 restaraunts in here from casual to elegant and many in between. The Gondola rides are worth checking out. We have only observed but plan on doing it the next visit. Madam Tussauds is definately another must see when you visit.

Directions: Its right on the strip. You cannot miss this beauty.

• Nicest one on the strip!

Grand, decadent, OTT! (As is most of the Strip) However I thought it more tasteful. Went in Dec 2003 and opted for the suite.

Many restuarants, shops. Go to the Mexican/Texan one, fantastic food. The waitress was sooo nice. When they brought the food, it seemed on time, but the staff apologised profusely for it being "late". I was surprised, it wasn't late at all. So, they gave us a free dessert in compensation. Yum!

Plenty of nice toiletries in the bathroom, room service.

Very nice room and bathroom, wonderful.

PROBLEM: It was such a huge hotel it took ages to get to our room which got annoying after a while. And you had to walk through the casino EVERY time you wanted to get in and out. Ugh. But I guess that's what all the hotels were like on the Strip.

Unique Quality: Far more luxurious and tasteful than a lot of other Strip hotels.

Directions: Taxi from airport, not a long drive and not overly priced.

• TravelChick67's Profile Photo

Venetian - My Favorite room on the Strip

This is hands down my favorite room on the strip. The rooms are huge, the bathroom is gorgeous and the beds are comfy.

My only complaint is the pillow. Not the best pillow ever (Bellagio pillows are best as are the Four Seasons) but they work. Just a little "foamy" and not very "givey" - if you know what I mean.

Still, I love this hotel and I love the decor.

Unique Quality: In room safes for no extra charge and robes for going down to the pool.

Their pool area is OK but not the best one around. To see pics of the pool, see my travelogue.

The bathrooms have a vanity for us ladies which I think is a nice touch and separate toilet area. I like this because someone can be "doing their business" while another is brushing teeth, taking shower, etc.

Location-wise, it's not my favorite BUT, as soon as the monorail is up and running this will be less of an issue.

Still, if it isn't too hot out (or it's night) it's doable to walk down to the Paris/Bellagio corner (my fav spot) assuming you're not wearing 4" heels!

Directions: North end of the Strip across from Treasure Island.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino

The Venetian was my favorite hotel. I didn't stay here the first time I went to Vegas(couldn't afford it), but I loved the statues outside, the waterway in the shopping area and even the touristy gondola.

On the second trip, the hotel was running a special and I stretched the budget to fit in a few nights here. It was well worth all the extra hours I'll have to work for this splurge. The Venetian rooms, or suites, are pure luxury. The phrase "fit for a king", so trite and cliche, really applies to these living quarters. The Venetian suites are supposed to be twice as large as the average Vegas hotel room and they are not lacking in anything. The hotel spares no attention to detail in these rooms, with furnishings, artwork and even the marble bathrooms. I wanted to move in here the minute I walked in and saw the room.

Many people will probably disagree, but I think this place blows the Bellagio away. Not that its not a great hotel, but I think the Venetian far exceeds everything the Bellagio has to offer, with the exception of "O", but you don't need to stay in the hotel to go see the show. If you're looking for a high end Vegas hotel, this would be my top pick.

Between the shopping, museums, restaurants, bars, spa and the casino, this place could be an all inclusive resort, and pretty much is. The only area the Venetian falls short on is its lounges and nightclub, but there's plenty of those within walking distance of this mammoth luxury resort hotel.

Unique Quality: The architecture is amazing, but the artwork and sculptures inside are stunning. The Venetian's interior is a museum in itself.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

A second Venice

This hotels theme is the famous italian city of Venice. There are replicas of several sites of Venice like the Rialto Bridge, the Campanile, a small version of the Piazza San Marco and so on.

Unique Quality: On the 1st floor of the hotel you find a replica of the Canale Grande on which you can have a trip with a gondola. The sky above is artificial and changes like a real sky during a summerday.

Directions: At the Strip - opposite of the hotel Mirage

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Venice here we come!

I stayed for one night in one of the hotel's "Bella Suites" -- I think we got upgraded:))) Anyway everything worked well. Despite the stories I had heard about Friday afternoon check-ins the line at the check-in time of 3pm was short. Everything went smoothly. The room was very attractive and very clean. In fact no complaints.
    The onsite eating was varied, although we had stale pastries at the Santa Lucia Cafe in the food court. Dinner at Valentino was excellent -- see that tip for more info.

Unique Quality: All the rooms are suites. The living area is divided from the sleeping area by a railing and 2 steps down. The colored were warm orange-reds and greens with a touch of Tuscan yellow. The toilet is in a separate little room -- one of my fave design features in an upscale hotel. I LOVED the mini-canopy over the bed with a reading light tucked up there. I looked for things to complain about -- hey I owe you folks a REAL review -- but other that a loooong walk from the elevator to the room there were none!

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Mid-Strip Luxury

If you can afford it, the Venetian is a fabulous hotel. (Our room was paid by my husband's company, so no worries for us!) The rooms are all suites, service is friendly and helpful, and everything you could ever want is right there -- shopping, art, canal rides, world-famous spa, and fresh Krispy Kreme donuts! The pool area is especially pleasant with room for everyone to spread out (there are three pools). The Canyon Ranch Spa Club is a nice facility, although for the money I the Oasis at Luxor is a better deal.

Unique Quality: The Venetian, of course, is modeled on Venice, Italy. The shopping area is laid out along canals with bridges and a main square, and the ceiling is painted to look like an outdoor sky. There are almost always performers in the square -- from "living statues" (which I found sort of creepy), to string quartets, to madrigal groups with jugglers.

Directions: The Venetian is located pretty much in the middle of the strip -- perfect. Look for the bell tower.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Venetian...what can I say

Wonderful hotel, great rooms, largest regular rooms in Las Vegas. They are supposed to be suites, but in reality is just a bi-level with an iron fence, but tastefully appointed. They do not afford any additional privacy for a family.

Tremendous views from every room we've stayed in, and beautiful bathrooms.

Unique Quality: Outstanding restaurants, great shopping, plus a canal complete with gondolas. (I don't recommend). I suggest you try the restaurants on the main floor, rather than restaurants surrounding St. Marks Square, with exception of Canaletto, which has fantastic steaks and pasta.

If you think prices of Venetian glass is expensive in Venice, try the prices at The Venetian. Venice is bargain basement in comparision. One of the shops also offers the hand carved articles of clothing, (wood, of course) that is actually designed in Venice. Unfortunately, I can't remember the artists name, but his work is amazing, but pricey. (update...scultore is Loris Marazzi, S. Margherita, 2903)(phone 041 5239001)

• beaniezotzim's Profile Photo

My current Hotel obsession

I have not yet actually stayed here, but I have been in the rooms here and let me tell ya something about them... they are nice, not just nice, but REALLY nice... the standard room is about 700 sq feet, that is almost twice the size of most of the other hotels/resorts standard rooms. they have your typical bed area, then there are two steps down into a living area that is separated from the bedroom area. the bathrooms are large and in charge!
    My next visit to vegas will hopefully be here at the venetian. cross your fingers for me!

the price for these rooms is usually not much more expensive than your typical resort in vegas. I would compare it to the mirage, aladdin, paris, mandalay day, etc. (it might even be cheaper than some of them)

• SimonT's Profile Photo

Luxury but at a price

The Venetian is a luxury all suite hotel. The rooms are large and spacious and come with just about any facility you could want to use.

Unique Quality: The hotel is a mini version of Venice, the picture is their St Marks Square, which is found on the second floor of the hotel (it switched to night mode about 5 minutes later). You can go for a gondola ride with a singing gondolier through their version of the Grand Canal.

• Erin74's Profile Photo

A great hotel with the largest standard rooms!

I always try to stay at The Venetian when I'm in Las Vegas. This is an excellent hotel and it has the largest standard rooms on the Strip. Even the basic rooms contain a bedroom and large, step-down living room along with a huge bathroom. The rooms feel quite big and luxurious, and the attractive blue and yellow bedding and decor really adds to their appeal.

There are a number of other things that are great about the Venetian. The shopping and dining are both excellent. Lutece is very elegant, Pinot Brasserie has exceptional cuisine and Grand Lux Cafe is a great place for casual dining. The Venetian also serves gelato (I make repeat trips for the gelato during my stays). The lower level has a large array of stores for shopping, including BCBG, Banana Republic, Movado and Lladro. There is also a large Sephora store at The Venetian.

The canal that runs though The Venetian is quite charming, and if you're at the hotel with a significant other, it's fun to take a ride on the gondolas. Otherwise, you can stand near the canals and listen to the gondoliers sing as they sail by.

I highly recommend The Venetian to anyone traveling to Las Vegas!

• Robachu1's Profile Photo

World's Largest Standard Room

We were very pleased with our room at the Venetian it was beautiful, large, and comfortable. When we checked-in we were asked if there was anything we wanted....I asked for a room with a view of the strip but unfortunately there were none available. It didn't really matter because aside from sleeping we really weren't in the room that much.

Unique Quality: The Venetian is a beautiful place. The Grand Canal Shopping area is wonderful for taking a stroll. We enjoyed the street performers as well. We didn't ride the gondola even though we had intended to before arriving. The ride seemed to be very short and waiting in line seemed like a waste of our time. We did however enjoy watching other people as they took their ride.

Directions: The Strip

• truesunn's Profile Photo

The Venetian ~ All The Romance of Venice in Vegas!

The Venetian is the epitome of Italian romance! The Grand Canal encircles the hotel, featuring Gondoliers singing romantic operatic melodies as they guide you through the waters in an authentic venetian gondola!

The lobby/hallway of this hotel is absolutely amazing! There is a huge golden statue of the globe/fountain in the foyer and the hallway leading into the casino area is painted to resemble Michelangelo's works!

This property has 3,036 beautifully appointed suites starting at $129 a night off
    season/weekdays (average runs about $189+ a night). There are 7 restaurants in the Venetian including French, Italian, Chinese cuisine and 2 Steakhouses.

ENTERTAINMENT:

LORD OF THE DANCE
    Show Times: Tues-Sun 8PM; Tues,Wed,Sat 8PM & 10:15PM
    Admission: Call for pricing
    Irish Clog Dancing

V: THE ULTIMATE SHOW
    Show Times: 6PM nightly
    Admission: $49-$69; $22 kids
    Unique show featuring performers from around the world

The Grand Canal Shoppes are also housed in the Venetian. This 500,000 square foot mall on the banks of the Grand Canal features cobble stone walkways, street-side cafes and a unique and eclectic collection of restaurants and shops!

Unique Quality: The architecture itself is elegant. Don't miss a ride on the Grand Canal around the hotel in a gondola! Be sure to visit the lobby.

Directions: Next door to Harrah's, across from Treasure Island

• Emmjai's Profile Photo

A clash of cultures!

We stayed here summer 2002, in large suite-like rooms, and with a glamous bathroom. The hotel was quieter than others on the strip, but hosts a lot of conferences. Occassionally we got lost amid the conference delegates and the conference centre.

Unique Quality: Unbelievably (or not for Las Vegas, where anything is possible) this hotel has a couple of museums. While we were there, one had a exhibition on Motor cycles, (we gave that one a miss); the other of 20th century art from Russia (Hermitage museum collection) and US (Guggenheim museum Collection) AMAZING. We forgot we were in Las Vegas for the afternoon.

The (three) pools on the 5th floor is great. Watch out at 5pm though, when the Treasure Island show starts; the explosions can be quite frightening when out of context and unexpected!

Directions: On the strip, opposite the Mirage and Treasure Island

More about The Venetian

The Venetian Hotel, Las VegasThe Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas

Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas StripVenetian Hotel, Las Vegas Strip

The Venetian, Las VegasThe Venetian, Las Vegas

Venetian - Las VegasVenetian - Las Vegas

What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by brjax

Thats the question.
Thanks for any information on it, we have a two night stay there.

Re: Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by paradisedreamer

Excellent choice !! We stayed at the Luxor which was alos great but if I went back iw oudl want to be a t the Venetian. We had luch at an excellent restaurant there. In a typical Venetian Piazza along a canal.

Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by risamay

Lucky, lucky you!! The Venetian is hands down my favorite hotel on the strip. Of the newer hotels on the strip, I've stayed at the Paris and the Bellagio and while both were fantastic, my "regular" room at the Venetian made them seem like fancy, overpriced closets.

Have fun!!!

Cheers,
Marisa (and Dino)

Re: What is the Venetian Hotel like?

by ultra_violet

Luxuriously decorated rooms, Vivaldi in the elevators, and a faux canal make this hotel a delightful Las Vegas dream. The pool is AMAZING!! My favorite thing about Vegas - lounging by the enormous pool, sipping frozen drinks.

Comments