The Westin Casuarina Las Vegas Hotel Casino And Spa

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
Orbitz.com Westin.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• My Kind of Place

The Westin Casuarina is really my kind of place. It's elegant, yet understated. It is located within close walking distance to the strip, across the street from the rear entrance to Bally's, which makes it both in a great location and free from the hordes of people that seem to invade all of the strip hotels. This really is a fine Vegas hotel where you can sit at the lobby bar and enjoy a cocktail while still being able to hear the people you are with.

The Westin has a small casino in its lobby which is remarkably quiet and fresh-smelling and a very good restaurant which is seldom crowded, yet open 24 hours.

The rooms in the hotel are also very nice; they have those amazing Westin beds, and a great selection of toiletries and cushy towels. The Westin also provides guest bathrobes--oh how I do love that.

The hotel also has a nice spa as well as a pool, which may be its one drawback. The pool and its surrounding area is small and gets very crowded. If you want to sit at the pool all day, get there early.

Directions: Across the street from Bally's rear entrance.

• niceflop2003's Profile Photo

A "Heavenly" retreat off the strip

The Westin Casuarina Hotel & Spa is a nice low key hotel off the strip. It is not quite a "W" but has a similar feel. Check in was easy and Check out easier. For those who remember the Desert Inn "DI" it has a similar feel at a smaller scale in the Casino area. The greatest part of the hotel is after getting back to the room in the wee hours of the morning those "Heavenly" beds are a welcome sight and ARE HEAVENLY! Geared for the business traveler my wife and I have stayed here twice and find it comfortable. Located within walking distance to Bally's and Paris as well the monorail station it is easy to get to the action. The Hotel does not have a big casino. A small variety of slots, a few BJ tables, one crap table, but it's only $5 min on it and the dealers are great.

Unique Quality: The "Heavenly" beds
    Relaxing retreat after being out all night
    Clean!!

Directions: Across and down from Bally's

• musbars's Profile Photo

Venetian Resort - Hotel - Casino

The Venetian triumph in recreating the glory of Venice: the famous Landmarks, winding canals, authentic gondolas, arched bridges, and soaring architecture.
    You can enjoy just sitting on the "Streets" of Venetian, drinking coffe with the best aroma. Or walking to the shops, finding exclusive things. Visit the best restourants in town with well recreated Venetian view, listening the best voices of Italian gondoliers.

Unique Quality: The rooms are gorgeous!
    The service is good.

• mrtourne's Profile Photo

Good Westin (but not great), handy location

Just came back from a 3 day, 2 night stay at the Westin Casuarina in Las Vegas. Although the building is not new (it used to be the old Maxim hotel), they've done a nice job updating it. The biggest drive (at least for me) is the fact that they have their patented Heavenly Beds and Heavenly Bath in every room. Also, I am not a big fan of big casinos, so it's nice to have a conveniently located, smaller hotel so close to the strip. We got a very good rate right after Labor Day of 99 dollars a night, so that was also good...

There's a small casino in the lobby, a Starbucks and a decently-priced convenience shop. There's also a pool on the second floor that seemed quite nice (if not large) and a spa. Staff was very friendly and helpful - we needed some help with our cable and an engineer was up quite quickly.

Some small drawbacks:

- Air conditioning seems to be finicky, usually have to set it to "freeze" for the room to remain cool.

- High speed internet access had some issues: first we needed the cable box replaced, then when it started working at one point it became unbearably slow (since it's cable modem, you're at the mercy of however many people are using the pipe at any time)

- Bathroom fogs up almost the minute the shower goes on since there's no fan... small tip - blow dry the mirror once you come out of the shower and it'll be usable in no time!

- Parking could be better marked: areas marked as valet are self parking, then other areas marked as self have a gate for valet. I think they probably haven't cleared up some older markings from its previous incarnation as the Maxim.

Unique Quality: Heavenly Bed, Heavenly Bath, steps from the Bellagio and the Caesars Palace.

Directions: Half a block from the strip on East Flamingo Road

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

A Heavenly Night's Sleep in Vegas

Once again, Starwood members rejoice... the Heavenly Bed has made its way to Vegas. The Westin Causarina has a very small casino, so you do not have to spend hours wading through the smoke and slot sounds to get to your night's accomodations. I highly recommend this option for those visitors who are in Vegas on business.

It is a central location right next to Bally's and the Flamingo, so you are right on the strip pretty much!

• tmyroniak's Profile Photo

Las Vegas Hotel - Downtown Las Vegas

It's been several years since I've stayed there, but I just found my notes since my last trip...

The hotel is near the Greyhound Bus terminal downtown Las Vegas (not near the Strip). There was a drunk passed out on the sidewalk directly in front of the hotel lobby. Upon entering, I noticed that the carpets were filthy there was no one at the reservation desk and the elevators were not working. The ice machine didn't work on my floor, the TV didn't work at all, the bathtub was clogged and there was water spilled in the stairwell that we had to climb to get to our room. The key we were given didn't unlock the door, and the security guard took 20 minutes to find the correct key. This is what happends when you wait until the last minute to book a room in Las Vegas when there is a big event (such as a professional boxing match) and there are no rooms available.

Since then, the area has been renovated but I've never been back to this hotel. It may be better, maybe still the same...

Directions: Near Greyhound terminal downtown Las Vegas.

More about The Westin Casuarina Las Vegas Hotel Casino And Spa

This hotel will hurt the Westin brand image!

by TripAdvisor Member mayabellamom

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at this property from March 11 - 15, 2004. My husband and I were incredibly disappointed with the Westin Casuarina as we try to stay at a Westin wherever possible and are always impressed with their hotels and service. I first thought that this hotel was a new construction but later learned that they had purchased and renovated the old Maxim hotel. Finally, things started to make sense. The Westin definitely cut corners when doing the renovation. The rooms are small (which I'm sure was out of their control) but the decor was dingy and musty feeling. The Heavenly shower was not so heavenly when only one head was working. The bath and sink drains didn't drain properly. Out of the six elevators, only one seemed to be working at any given time. Luckily we were on the second to the top floor but the lower floors had to wait an eternity to go down, especially during check out rush hour. We actually had to take 16 flights of stairs down one time with a Baby Jogger. Many of the Service Express and Front Desk people were unpleasant, there were not enough deck chairs by the pool to accommodate all the guests, the coffee maker in the room leaked, and the ventilation in the lobby made the smoke seem worse.

These may all seem like little things but everything combined made the property less than adequate.

Priceline 4 Stars - Not!

by TripAdvisor Member milhouse

Was booked here when I submitted a bid for a priceline 4 star hotel on the strip. First of all, it's not on the strip - it's a block away from the strip (right behind the Bourbon Street Casino in a somewhat sketchy area).

The hotel itself is basically the old Maxim Casino after a makeover. Is it better than the old Maxim (which had become a dump that housed only the dregs of society)? Yes, but that's not saying much. It certainly is not a 4 star hotel (by anyone's standards, not just mine). The bed is nice - but, lets face it, the bed should be nice. The casino itself is miniscule (you'll find more action at some liquor stores in town) and there is some entertainer working away on an old organ in the corner (having an organist alone should give you the idea right away that this is not going to be a great hotel). The services are lacking big time - one restaurant and it's a diner. They are incapable of arranging for taxis to pick people up at the hotel (basically because no taxi drivers even no that this hole even exists). We waited 20 minutes at 9 PM for a taxi (and we managed to be third in line - pity the poor souls who were 40th in line). It's basically a big version of a Motel 6 (adequate for sleeping in, but not what you are looking for if you want a luxury hotel). I've been to Vegas about 30 times and would have to say that there are about 20 hotels in Vegas that I would rather stay at than the new Westin Casuarina.

Heavenly beds, Hellish showers!

My husband and I stayed at the Westin from March 2nd until March 6th.
Our overall experience was a pleasant one. We truely enjoyed the heavenly bed. It was the perfect end to a full day of walking and sightseeing. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotels, but this was not the case here! The hotel staff was very friendly. Although the casino was small, the dealers were most helpful. The location of this hotel is excellent! It is off strip, but is only a short walk to the action on the strip! My only complaint was the shower. Not heavenly at all!! The water went from freezing hot to freezing cold no matter what I had the faucet set on! All in all, I would consider staying here again.

westin casuarina las vegas

by arios

Hello,

I am very late trying to make a reservation in Vegas for april 1st (3 nights), and it seems that my best choice right now is Westin Casuarina, any feedback about this hotel before I make my non refundable reservtaion. My place of choice has always been Paris Las Vegas, but is sold out. I want a nice hotel, very clean and comfortable rooms. I don't gamble, soI will mostly be resting anbd sleeping at this hotel. I have tickets for Elton's concert, and this hotel seems to be very close to Caesars Palace.
Thanks SOOOO much for your help.

AR

by novella

Hi,

Try the Harrah's hotel right across from Caesars Palace. reasonable, clean, small you and find your way in and out of the hotel quite easy. I have stayed there several times as well as other larger hotels. I prefer the Harrah's.

Enjoy your trip.
Novella

by madamx

check out www.tripadvisor.com -- it has reviews of thousands of hotels from fellow travellers. The Westin Casuarina is in there, and there are about 22 reviews, most of them favorable. I always check this website before booking a hotel.

by raevnzno

The Westin is excellent. Has the "heavenly beds", is close to Caesars, just east of the strip on Flamingo. If your familier with the city, it's the old Maxim. They gutted the building and rebuilt it to Westin standards. Enjoy the concert...............
If your still looking for other availibility check out lasvegas.com

Comments