Tod Motor Motel

Satisfaction Average

More about Las Vegas

Architecture of The VenetianArchitecture of The Venetian

Mini-BellagioMini-Bellagio

Waiting for food at Greenberg Deli...Waiting for food at Greenberg Deli...

Oil on Hertz carOil on Hertz car

Liquor stores on the strip?

by MistiJ

Can anyone tell me where the liquor stores are that are on or close to the strip? I am looking for a liquor store that sells spirits as well as a variety of beer. Thanks!
Misti

by travelgourmet

There are many I am sure, but not so much on the strip, but just off. I know of a Liquor-Market across the street from the Hard Rock Cafe and Resort. It is in a small business area with parking. S/W Corner of Harmon Ave and Paradise Road. The Hofbrauhaus Bavarian Restaurant across the street S/E and a CVS drugstore on the N/E corner. ;-)

by bocmaxima

I don't know about having any kind of variety, but there's a liquor store at the corner of the Strip and Convention Center Blvd, which puts it pretty much at the north end. I walked by it the last time I was up there. Just look for the big "LIQUOR" sign on the building.
There's another one at the south end of the Strip, right by the Mandalay.
You can also do a Google search: "liquor near flamingo & s las vegas blvd, las vegas, nv" for more results. The Strip's pretty long, so you'll likely want to narrow it down a bit.

hth

by MistiJ

Yes I was thinking of a place close to New York New York hotel....anyone?

by Agraichen

Pretty much any retail establishment on The Srip will sell you liquor if you are of age to purchase. If you are seeking major quantitis at less than Strip prices, then you'll need to move off the strip. There are a number of locatons on and just off of Flamingo. As I've not noted them, I suspect you'll find many off of any east/west cross streets of the Strip.

by travelgourmet

MistiJ, I know this may sound funny, but I called one of my friends in Vegas who tells me that my stay in Hawaii dulled my senses. What does Hawaii have to do with you finding a liquor store in Las Vegas. Well, when I lived in Hawaii one of my clients in Hawaii was the ABC chain of stores that carried everything from A to Z. So, they have stores in Las Vegas. To be honest, I don't look for liquor stores in Las Vegas as a rule, so I only saw the one across from the Hard Rock Cafe and the Hotel. For you, the closest one to New York New York is the ABC store just across Las Vegas Blvd at 3771 Las Vegas Blvd S. at Rue De Monte Carlo, on the N/E side. Liquor is one of the many items they carry.

by Roadquill

The CVS mentioned (by the Monte Carlo) has a good variety of beer and liquor. There is also a Walgreens across the Blvd but I have not been there. Also a Walgreens by the Riviera.

by MistiJ

Thanks to all who posted some help with this...I have some options now and that is great! Thanks again!

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Budweiser - King of all Beers?

by Jerelis

Let’s make no secret of it. We both like a nice cold glass of beer. Being abroad is always a challenge to find a beer we like, which reflects our taste of having a beer. In America it wasn’t really that hard to find the brand we liked, it was clearly Budweiser, popularly referred to as Bud.

Budweiser is a lager made with a proportion of rice as a substitute adjunct for barley malt. This immedaitely shows the problem for selling it in Europe as traditional brewers serve beer with only the four main ingredients (water, hops, wheat and barley). So Budweiser is not produced accoring to the German "Reinheitsgebot". But we found out that it didn’t taste distinctively different.

The Budweiser bottle is a rather familiar icon to most Americans. The bottle has remained relatively unchanged since its introduction in 1876. We liked it, but the fraze “King of all Beers” is a bid of an overstatement!

Children and Las Vegas DO mix

by Emmjai

There are lots of things for kids to do, and as with most things in Las Vegas, many of them are for free. In particular, pools can be super fun (but remember to Slop! Slap! Slop! to avoid the sun burn) My daughter's favorite thing about Las Vegas is the BUFFETS. She loves seeing the food before selecting it, being about to choose her own portions and going back for more when she finds something she likes. Brunch is her particular favourite!

I used to live in Vegas. Most...

by Noogamamma

I used to live in Vegas. Most of my life has been there. I think a must would be any of the casino's on the strip if you are in to that, they all have cool themes, shows and restaraunts. My favorite restaraunt is this little Mexican place called El Burrito...the most wonderful authentice Mexican food around! But I think one of the coolest attractions is the lookout over Lake Mead. It looks so beautiful at night. And it's away from all the hub and is very romantic. My favorite Casiono is Excalibur and Circus Circus. My best memory of Las Vegas is when I lived over on Craig Road and Lone Mountain, before the world built up around it. You could see the stars and mountains so clear and the lights from the city. What I miss most is gone, because Las Vegas has grown so much...

Top 10 Best Las Vegas Pools To Be Seen In

7. Bellagio
8. Venetian
9. Luxor
10. Palms

Most of the pools are for hotel/resort guests only. However, check with the hotel/resort to see if they allow non-guests in for a fee.

Here's a rundown of some of...

by JERICO

Here's a rundown of some of the casinos that I've been to: Hard Rock - simply a great casino, with a hopping scene and great music, Madalay Bay - a more upscale casino, good bar in the middle of the floor, Ceasars and Bally's - classic Vegas, not quite as NEON as the some of the other places, good gambling scene, Bellagio - extremely impressive, but I find the tables to be a money pit, and the crowd definitely older and more wealthy, Paris - a strange place with the ceiling painted like the sky, can be very confusing when drunk!, New York - cheesy and touristy, Treasure Island - more old school Vegas, Luxor - kind of overdone on the decor, but fun in smaller doses (note - waitresses are SLOW here).

Comments