Treasure Island - Ti

See Amenities
Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Neither piracy nor Highway robbery

by written on July 15, 2014

We stayed here May into June 2014 for 9 nights, longest by some way we have ever stayed at the same hotel In Las Vegas as we like to move around to get a feel of about 3 per trip.

You may have read elsewhere that the pirate theme is well toned down and that is true with the htoel now branded ti as much as Treasure Island.We booked through expedia or otel.com and so had 9 nights x US$25 + tax - a steep US$280 - to stump up on arrival, or , more accurately, departure.

There is an offer on that if you pay at the check in desk US$80 you get a non refundable $100 dinng credit. We splurged $240 and that gave us an extra $60 dining credit which was good deal, valid at almost all the food and drink outlets except around the pool / Kahunaville and Senor Frogs. We used it at teh Seafood Shack (see tip) on a bill that topped a litle more than $100 for two right down to just about every morning getting hot teas and a pastry at Starbucks as well as buffet visits and Chicago Dog (see tips if interested)

Unique Quality: Hardly unique but great location no complainted diverse inexpensive eating options good pool area and the corny Siren of TreasureIsland show which we managed to miss !

Walkway over the strip to Walmart / Palazzo/ Wynn /Encore

Free shuttle Monorail from the back of hotel near car parking to the Mirage to see the Volcano. No distance at all of course !

Directions: North of the Central strip just South of the Fashion Show Mall / North of Mirage / West of Palazzo

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Very Entertaining Hotel

by written on June 1, 2009

Treasure Island has the reputation of having one of the best free shows on the strip. Sirens of TI@ is a wonderful free show right out front of the hotel with wonderful colorful and detailed props. Two huge ships that represent pirate ship that during battle flame and one actually sinks....LOL...gotta love those special effect folks, what would Vegas be without them. It is also home of Mystère Cirque du Soleil, which by the way is fabulous show. I've had friends who stayed here and were very happy with the location and accomodations.

Number of rooms: 2,885, which includes 220 suites.
Treasure Island has the following dining options: Isla Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar, Social House, The Steak House, Kahunaville, The Buffet at TI, Canter's Deli, The Coffee Shop, Pho, Pizzeria Francesco's, Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's.
Entertainment includes Cirque du Soleil's Mystère and visiting headliners.
A nightclub, Christian Audigier, and several bars and lounges, including the popular Mist.
Outdoor pool and a "Party Tub," a 50-person Jacuzzi.
A fitness center is located in the spa.
WET the Spa at TI.
Shops are Christian Audigier The Store, The Lobby Store, The Watch Shoppe, Sirens Apparel and Lingerie, The Sirens' Cove Shoppe, The TI Store, The TI Collection, TI To Go, SCENE, The Mystere Store, TI Kids, Vintage Vegas, Christian Audigier Store, The Pearl Factory and the $15 Boutique.
Yes, the Wedding Chapels at Treasure Island offers a number of wedding ceremony packages.
18,000 square feet Convention rooms: Yes,
A six-story parking garage.
There is a monorail between Treasure Island and the Mirage.
Standard room amenities: Hair dryer, iron and ironing board, alarm clock and radio, remote-controlled flat-screen cable TV, air conditioning, desk, electronic door locks, in-room safe, high-speed internet access (for a fee), pay-per-view movies, telephone, voice mail.
Golf reservations available, laundry, luggage and maid services, currency exchange, wake-up calls, safety deposit boxes, Dollar rental car desk.

Directions: Located in North end of the Las Vegas Strip accross from the Palazzo Hotel

LiliCanada's Profile Photo

Perfect price Perfect comfort

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 17, 2009

The staff are helpful with any questions. The hotel is clean and spacious, clean carpeting everywhere, rooms are new, beds are soooo comfortable, bathrooms large.

The pool is a bit small and not a lot of imagination in the way of trees or displays but we weren't there to lay around.

The restaurants more than met our needs, the Steak House was excellent, and the Coffee Shop and buffet were perfect.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone ... it's middle-of-the-road, not high end like the Wynn, MGM Grand or Bellagio. But it's larger and fancier than probably any hotel you see in your own city.

Unique Quality: The pirate ship and moat in front of the hotel.

The location is central on the strip so you're in the middle of lots of great hotels, things to do.

Right next to the Fashion Show Mall where you want for nothing.

Tix4Tonight booth right next door, street level at the Fashion Show Mall.

GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Comfortable Room, Nice Casino

by written on March 8, 2009

We stayed here for the weekend. I originally book a room with a king size bed but upon check-in all they had left was a queen if I wanted nonsmoking. They could give me an upgraded room but I would have to pay the difference. Hmm, I was disappointed but I didn't take it out on the pregnant hotel registration clerk that was helping me. Funny, she asks if I have stayed here before and I said no. She then immediately offers to provide me the upgraded room with the king size bed for no extra cost. We had a very nice room, comfortable bed with a great view of the strip.

TI has an outdoor Pirate Ship show that is performed about 4 times a day as part of the Las Vegas Boulevard Strip attractions.

Go to the Treasure Island website and check out the special offers/deals. Call 800-288-7206 for room reservations.

Directions: Exit Spring Mountain off the 15 FWY, go east. Turn into the Mirage/Treasure Island Self Parking. The Treasure Island self parking is immediately on your right.

JojelavaVT's Profile Photo

Price was good, hotel not so good

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 17, 2008

I was excited to be staying at Treasure Island for the first time last week. I was told to keep my expectations reasonable but that it was a great price for such a great hotel...

uhm they lied.

Although the service upon arriving was good and I received a great deal of smiles and attention when I actually got into my room the first thing I saw was a DIRTY TOWEL hanging from my shower. Strike Number 1. I settled in after they came and took that away and apologized profusely only to realize that TWO of the 3 lamps in my room were not working. The bulbs had blown. So in the dark I again called down to the front desk in which is took them close to an HOUR to change the bulbs. And of course there was the fact that they mislead you to think the internet if free only to pay 20.00 a day for it. Not great at all. Honestly I cant say I was too happy. Over the next few days I enjoyed running around TI like any other hotel in Vegas, and I must say the location was great in relation to all the other big casinos and restaurants. The lobby/casino area was clean and buzzing with energy into the wee hours of the AM, but I never quite got over the initial dissapointment upon my arrival.

I would recommend this hotel but I would alter it by saying-- its like a Motel on the Strip with a nice view. Since its pretty cheap for Vegas I would say its worth staying in as long as you spend a great deal of your time OUT of the hotel room :) And be sure to check the towels when you first get there ;)

Unique Quality: Great view, casino area, and def check out the restaurants. We had quite a few nice meals. I enjoyed the Breeze Bar many nights as a meeting point for all of us to pre-game for the evening's festivities.

doug48's Profile Photo

better

by written on January 19, 2008

located next to the mirage is the treasure island resort hotel. the hotel has a caribbean motif. a very nice resort hotel on the strip. moderately priced.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

I'll be nice

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 9, 2007

We were there for a wedding. The rooms were very small for the rates that they were commanding. We would have expected this room at a hotel off the main strip, not on it!
I went to work out and found out that it was an additional 22.00 to the 286.00 that we were already paying a night. We happened to go to the Rio for a show. Now that is where I would like to stay. Unfortunately it is a cab ride away from the main strip. But I think it is worth the ride! Service at the Ti was good. When you check in, you need to go out to the street to get one of the bell hops to take your luggage up. Otherwise you are on your own.

Unique Quality: Heated Pool

Directions: Next to the Mirage

jeni1980's Profile Photo

amazing tower suite

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 28, 2007

we stayed in tower suite for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon. it was great! massive room with 2 bathrooms!

ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

Pass on this place!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 26, 2007

You all know I have stayed in Vegas 100 times over the last 35 years. I first stayed at TI when they opened...now that was a resort. Today, it is a tired old property that does nothing for the strip.

Housekeeping stunk! They left cans and trash on the desk for 2 days! It was almost comical to see how much they didn't do. The rooms were dated and the carpet was gross. The shower had little pressure and the curtain was thin and old.

Gambling is horrible. Dealers are mostly grumpy and I couldn't even stand while playing blackjack! Hello? I can't stand?? What is that? The uniforms are boring and only limited single deck blackjack and that is 6:5 payout....cheap.

We ate at the coffee shop one night and both my friend and I got sick two hours later. After ruining my weekend (I will spare you the details), and writing detailed letters to TI upon return home, I was offered an upgrade (if available) on my next visit (wow!). They refused to take responsibility for my food illness and wouldn't do anything for me after prompting me to fill out a risk management incident report.

There are so many great properties with excellent customer service....i.e Red Rock, etc...Why stay here?

Unique Quality: Yeah...if they had any, I would tell you. Nothing outstanding here.

****Update...TI management did call to at least apologize for not reacting to my complaint. A check is on the way for some losses I suffered. At least they attempted to set things right.****

jm34bee's Profile Photo

Vegas Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 20, 2007

I really liked the rooms at TI but I would not stay there again because of its location on the strip. I was not very impressed with Tangerine. There was never much of a crowd. I never got to see the Sirens perform because of the wind.

Herkbert's Profile Photo

Good accomodations and good location

by written on May 27, 2007

Treasure Island or now, TI, is a nice hotel to stay in. The rooms have been upgraded and are clean and comfortable. We had a petite suite when we stayed and found it quite nice. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. There are two bathrooms - a his and hers. Hers has a jacuzzi tub, his has a large shower.

We found the service to be very good. Everybody was friendly and helpful from the front desk to the doormen. We would definitely stay there again.

coopergirl2003's Profile Photo

Comfiest beds on the strip

by written on March 3, 2007

Our room at TI faced out towards Wynn hotel and The Fashion Mall shopping centre, which also meant we got a view over the Sirens of TI pirate show in the evenings. There were loud booms and fireworks but it didn't bother us because if we were in the room, it was to get changed or to have a quick nap before partying on - it wouldn't be brill if you had small children in the room with you.
TI is centrally located and has its own swimming pool complex which we didn't have time to visit. The bar next to the gaming floor is really relaxed and serves decent cocktails, it's a great place to people watch. There are a few restaurants and other bars but we didn't spend any time in there - too busy exploring and shopping. Kahunaville was very pleasant but again, we didn't spend any time in there.

Unique Quality: All of TI's beds have memory foam mattress toppers in place which lead to a very comfortable sleep, much better than other hotels that we've visited.

One big playground for adults!!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 26, 2006

First reaction: Wow what a big hotel!!!
Second reaction: Welcome in Vegas!!!
Thirth reaction: Damn it's hot here!!!

The hotel is one big playground for adults, when I visited Treasure I was 15 years old, so for me it was not very intresting, for my parents it was absolute fantastic!!!
The city Las Vegas is really an experience, great city, wonderful shows and the hotels are huge!!!

Unique Quality: The accommodation is just TOP really it's amazing, you can find this only in Las Vegas. A hotel with a pirates atmosphere!
Food was I believe okay, not wonderful good but it was good to eat!!! The rooms are beautiful, very stylish!

Directions: In the neighbourhood of the Mirage and the Venetian!

justintobias's Profile Photo

Fun hotel to hang out

by written on August 27, 2006

I stayed here in Jan 2006 and had a blast. The rooms were much more nicer than some of the hotels I have previously stayed in and the rates were also less. So I got more for less. The rooms had nice beds with granite finishing and I had a room with a kick ass view of the strip. I dined downs stairs at the "steak house" which is a nice palce to eat with excellent service. Service was good. If you stay here you also get free admission to "tangerine" which is a swanky lounge on the first floor. You can also check out the pirate show deal on the boat. This is a good place to stay. I also had the pleasure of hanging out in the penthoust on the top floor and that is super nice with his and hers bathrooms, king size bed with all the nice linens, sofas and tables and a spectacular view.

Unique Quality: Very nice rooms for not alot of money, more than other hotels offer.

Best stay so far...

by written on August 25, 2006

We had a room overlooking the strip (what else do you want?). I strongly recommend the SPA at TI: they provide a comfortable atmosphere in general and nonstop sports on telly as well as a nice selection of magazines about sports, cars and women ;-))

Nearby Treasure Island - Ti

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews