Tropicana Inn

5150 Duke Ellington Way, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89119, United States

More about Las Vegas

More Fremont ExperienceMore Fremont Experience

Casino Royale - popular with us for many yearsCasino Royale - popular with us for many years

Production line of great chocolateProduction line of great chocolate

Fountains at BellagioFountains at Bellagio

entertainment on freemont street

by tompkinsfarm

Last year over Laborday weekend you had a number of bands playing in the street Is this an annual thing and who is playing this year and is their a theme for the weekend? WE LOVE VEGAS!!!!

by Agraichen

This might better be directed to the Las Vegas tourist board, not a travel site with comments about past travel adventures and advice.

by SandiM

Hi, I found this:

Is that what you were looking for? Jefferson Starship seems to be the act this Labor Day. It's all I could find, sorry! Have fun in Vegas!!! Whoo!

by Aloe9678

Al, the point of these forums is to answer questions and give advice on the various destinations - you know, people asking questions about a destination they plan to visit and someone who's been there or lives there answering the questions. This is actually one of the better questions - the more specific the better, as there's a better chance of someone being able to give an answer.

That said, for the original poster: I've never (unfortunately, since it's around my birthday) been to Vegas over Labor Day, but I'm curious, did they still have the "regular" Freemont Street Experience, with the animation on the screens over the street, set to music? Because even if there aren't bands, that's pretty awesome. The last time I was there for it the shows were the first 15 minutes of every hour, I think.

I didn't check out the link another poster left, but Labor Day is getting close enough that there should be something on Vegas.com or similar sites about festivities.

by bryana822

vegasexperience.com is the website for the Fremont Street Experience. Calendar, themes etc. all a click away. :)

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

No pictures, please

by HotSpotJ

I saw quite a few celebrities while I was in Vegas.... when I am in Miami, it seems like everyone who deems theirselves a celebrity hides in VIP corners of clubs and beneath the strong tinted windows of a Rolls... but in Vegas, they were out and about, I saw one actor at a Bellagio table at about 4AM, another one was DJing at Pure in Caesars... they are our neighbors and fellow gamblers, and having a great time in Vegas just like you! Gwen Stefani..... WOW

Adult Paradise

by disneegrl4ev

Planet Hollywood...lol I love the place. I dont care where I go...if theres a PH Im there I remember the room we got at Caesars....we checked in at 2 and was told to come back in an hour...no dice...we did that several times...Finally they upgraded us...The room was gorgeous...all marble bathroom with jacuzzi tub. all glass enclosed toilet and separate shower...and the beds had a see through curtain tha wrapped around the bed

Visit the Luxor Hotel and The...

by Tradertpc

Visit the Luxor Hotel and The Mirage. Take a ride to Hoover Dam its worth the short drive. Take a ride from the airport and see the Grand Canyon from above. Some planes even land in the canyon and serve lunch with native Americans. Staying up all night, EFX the show at MGM Grand. The Omni theater at the Luxor. The great view I had of New York, New York the casino from my room at the MGM Grand.

Talk about service with a...

by lois_lane

Talk about service with a smile. I really have to commend the personnel that we dealt with while in Vegas, everyone was sooo nice. I don't know how they do it, dealing day in and day out with drunk tourists...kudos to them. Even the people on the sidewalks who handed out the adds for prostitutes were very polite...only handing the cards to the men in our party :)

How to gamble cheap

by ZanieOR

If you are a nongambler who would just like to get in on the Las Vegas experience a little or, like me, enjoy "gambling" but don't have a lot of money to lose, the important thing is to decide ahead of time how much money you are willing to lose, and stop there. Just consider it part of your recreation budget.
I'm a very low roller, and usually play 5c or 25c video poker -- though some of the new "penny" slot machines are fun. (Believe me, you end up putting more than pennies in.)
The trick is I budget $20 to $25 per day (it could be even less, or considerably more, especially if you like blackjack or real poker).
Sometimes people will give me money to gamble with in LV, and once I double $20 playing on a stud poker machine and was able to return $40.
Gambling is only one of many things there is to do in LV, but having won my first poker hand as a nine-year-old, I've always enjoyed it. But I've never gambled what I wasn't ready or even expecting to lose.
I also have a video poker game (zamzone.com) on my computer, which is not only fun to play but teaches you the way to play to get the best odds. My fondest gambling moments, are of course the times I've won -- coming out $25 or even $10 ahead while you are playing nickel video poker is pretty darn exciting.

Comments