3801 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

See Amenities
WBeall's Profile Photo

Great Location

by written on September 11, 2012

Nice hotel in a great location on the strip. Short walk to the rest of the strip. They were renovating the hotel so there were alot of noise. The room we were in was obviously not renovated yet the bathroom did would not close all the way and a couple of lights did not work. The entire hotel smelled like sunscreen which fit with the theme. The hotel was nice but not one of our favorites on the strip.

Unique Quality: Great location and great pool!

Directions: On the Strip

Best Value Hotel Las Vegas

by written on February 8, 2012

I stayed at the Tropicana in June 2011.. I have been 6 times to Vegas and think this was the best value at the time.. People still think its the old tropicana which its not.. It has had massive renovations and we paid about $300 for 5 nights (Sunday to Thursday) which I thought was great.. Couldn't complain about anything with the hotel.. I have stayed at better hotels such as the Venetian but for Value this is the place..

Unique Quality: The new renovated pool and bar areas are great.. Worth looking at to book this hotel

Directions: South End Of Strip

punkiefly's Profile Photo

Forget the Old....The Tropicana is the NEW luxury!

by written on July 13, 2011

After reading several reviews, my husband and I were hesitant to stay at The Tropicana. We booked our stay on their website in February for our stay in July. We ended up getting a really GREAT deal on the Penthouse Loft Room! It included the limo ride to and from the hotel as well as a $100 food credit. The resort fee includes the internet. There isn't an extra internet charge. **We got the Penthouse Loft for $900 for 4 nights/5 days which is an outstanding deal as compared to the regular $3000 without the deal we got.

From the beginning of our trip, we knew it was going to be a great experience. Our limo driver was cordial, very helpful, and answered all our questions. Our limo ride was pleasant. As soon as we arrived to the entrance of The Tropicana, we were greeted in a friendly manner. We arrived at the hotel around 12:30 p.m. The front desk ladies were very friendly and checked us in immediately. Our luggage was taken care of and would be sent up. We ended up on the 21st floor of the Paradise Tower. As soon as we walked in to our Penthouse Loft, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was beautiful. We didn't get the loft with the jacuzzi downstairs (probably because it was just my husband & me) but nonetheless, the room was amazing!!!

The penthouse loft had a dining area, living room area and a bar area downstairs with a gorgeous view of the Excalibur, Luxor, Mandalay Bay and New York New York. There was also a guest bathroom downstairs. There was a refrigerator and a coffee maker with delicious coffee. As we walked up the spiral stairs, we continued to see how the Tropicana has outdone themselves. We got to the second floor and immediately loved our soft King size bed. There was another TV upstairs. The master bathroom was huge and very clean! There was a jacuzzi overlooking the strip which looked beautiful at night. Our shower was huge and the bathroom included a toilet and a baday. The hotel provided amazing toiletries that we definitely used.

Since we had the $100 food credit, my husband and I decided to eat at Pellegrino's. We ate pizza, chicken strips, burgers, soups and other treats. The food was good for the price. The cook and the cashier were very good with us and even remembered us going there for lunch every day the five days we were there. We would highly recommend trying their pizza. It was great!

Also, the casino area is small but intimate. It has the popular slot machines and you can't beat the Tropicana play incentives. We liked the Tropicana because it was bright. My husband is legally blind, having only 4% of his vision and the brightness of the casino allowed him to still be mobile around the buildings and casino areas without assistance. So, THANK YOU Tropicana!!!!!

Our check out was smooth. Our overall experience was AMAZING!!! We hope to stay at The Tropicana in December again.

Unique Quality: The pool area is magnificent. There are various pools and great cabanas. There are plenty of areas to sunbathe and hang out while trying to enjoy the pools. There is beautiful landscaping and the pools are easily accessible from wherever your room is. There is a restaurant that overlooks the pool areas that has great food and is a good way to just relax. If you stay at The Tropicana, DO NOT forget your bathing suit....believe me...you're going to want to enjoy the pool areas.

Directions: Tropicana is located on the strip and is across from MGM and Excalibur. It is within walking distance from Hooters Hotel, Luxor, New York New York and of course the monorail at the MGM. It is on the corner of the strip and Tropicana Avenue.

erictilley's Profile Photo

TROPICANA REBORN!

by written on May 11, 2011

PAY NO ATTENTION TO OLD REVIEWS!!

The "new" Tropicana Las Vegas is GREAT!

It was with more than a bit of trepidation that we booked a weekday getaway for ourselves and family visiting from Manila at the newly renovated TROPICANA resort in Las Vegas, but let me begin by saying that we could not have been more pleased with our visit!

If you've been to Vegas in recent years, you would know that the Trop has had a horrible reputation and it deserved it. But this is no longer the case.
This hotel has had not only a complete renovation of the buildings and rooms, but the staff seems to have benefitted from this makeover as well.

The only "bump" in our visit was when we got to our rooms and the carpets were still damp from shampooing. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I REALLY can't complain about a hotel being "too clean", so it was no big deal to call the desk and let them know we'd like to change rooms. Since the bags were not up yet, a short jaunt back to the desk to pick up our new room keys took all of 15 minutes. AND we were able to get the adjoining rooms that were not yet available when we first checked in. On top of that, the desk clerks Ladonna and Gerard were SO nice, they made sure we were sent free in room coffee makers for the "inconvenience". Keep in mind that we were not paying top fare for the rooms, so this made their gesture even nicer. Mr. Yamenidjian, the new boss, has done a fine job of staffing the Trop with some of the most professional, welcoming and courteous staff in Vegas and he should be commended for it!

The rooms were SPOTLESS. They were welcoming and the beds were wonderful. Showers on the 6th floor where we were are full pressure and the convenience of the in room safes and FREE WiFi cannot be overstated. BIGass flat screen LED tv's and comfy lounges had us kicking back and relaxed enough to plan the evening in no time. Even being close to the airport at the south end of the Strip, the rooms were so quiet we never noticed any jet noise. The alarm clocks even had Ipod docks!

We didn't have the chance to check out the restaurants, but that can wait until our next visit which will hopefully be very soon. Being just across the street from the MGM Grand and the monorail, the Trop's location is almost perfect. Just far enough away from the rest of the Strip to be quiet, but close enough to the monorail to be able to do the entire Strip in one day!

I will be adding photos and more info to this review as I can, but in a nutshell, we have found a new favorite place to stay in Vegas and we will continue to visit as much as possible. The Tropicana has gone from "rundown" to "wonderful" and is at the time of this writing, the best VALUE in Vegas. I suggest you visit soon, before word gets out!

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/b8973/#TL#ixzz1M6VeKoJ5

Unique Quality: Even on a blustery day in April, the new pool area remained free of desert dust. The facilities are top notch and the best I can say about the pools is that they are clean and refreshing! Perfect place to spend a few hours "recharging".

Be sure to ask for a "Strip View" room in either of the towers. Very nice.

As mentioned, the location is almost perfect. Close to the monorail yet far enough away from the crowds to offer peace and quiet when you need it.

Directions: South end of the Strip. Across from the MGM Grand, Excalibur and New York New York.
Take Tropicana Blvd. exit off the I-15/215, cross Las Vegas Blvd. and enter on the right.

Good location

by written on March 23, 2011

My Husband and I stayed at the Tropicana for 5 nights in March. On arrival at 1.30am there was noone to tell us the way. There were a lot of workmen on the entrance steps and my friend struggled up the steps with 2 bags. Why don't they have automatic doors on the front?Rooms were clean and spacious. All staff friendly and helpful. The Hotel must be 1 of the smallest,which was good as we kept getting lost in other Hotels. The Gift Shop sold most things, but could be larger. The 1 thing I craved for was Tea making facilities in the room or to be able to get a take away tea. We visited Nikki's Cafe 1 evening for a meal and after being seated were met with lots of screams from a small group, some in swim wear, at the bar which is adjacent to the cafe. By the look on the waiting staff face's, they appeared uncomfortable with the situation as well, but it was being encouraged by the bar man.
4 of us ordered. The meals came in bits and pieces. A friend ordered Chicken strips and fries. The fries came in a basket at least 5mins before the chicken. I had a cup of tea, but the waitress couldn't find a tea spoon, so had to use the handle of a dessert spoon. The meal was very nice, but we didn't return. We didn't see any major refurbishing going on.
Would certainly stay there again. There are plenty of other places to eat.

Directions: At the end of the Strip so a little quieter. Easy access to everything. Option to use the Monorail from MGM, next door at a good price.

Poorly managed dump

by written on May 31, 2010

This hotel is old and in an advanced state of disrepair (the facade is crumbling, wall paper peels from the walls of the rooms and the bathrooms are moldy). However, its location on the strip might justify the hefty room cost if it was not so poorly managed. The pool area is attractive (nicely landscaped with a large pool) and might be a nice place to relax on a warm afternoon, except that the management’s policy is to blast jackhammer music in the outdoor area from 10AM to 6PM. How loud is it? Sufficiently loud so that I could not hear my wife banging on the door of our room when she inadvertently locked herself out. We had a room on a non-smoking floor, but the policy is lightly enforced (the people in the room next to ours smoked). Housekeeping is indifferent and it is difficult to find staff when you need a missing towel, glasses or ice bucket. Forget about calling the front desk to complain, they have minimal staff on duty and the telephone in the room doesn’t work anyway. We checked out a day early (we paid for three nights and stayed two) and changed our airline reservations (at an additional cost) to escape.

Unique Quality: Located on the strip

Directions: The strip

Tropicana Resurt & Casino

by written on November 25, 2009

Great Rates (YES) Comfort (NO). Basically you get what you pay for. This was your basic, local neighborhood motel. The carpet was dirty; definitely in need of a shampoo. (3big conspicious stains in center carpet). The couch was progressively aging and also appeared to be dirty. We had to request extra sheets to use as a couch cover to ulitize for sitting. There was a 19' TV sitting on dresser and all you could watch was a few local channels.There was no refrigerator, no hair dryer, or coffee maker. The Island Buffet rate was Great (you pay $28 per/person for a 24hr period) however the food is not very good. The same foods are served for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner. One good thing is we spent very little time in room and most of our enjoyment was from outside entertainment. Oh there was a Hypnosis Show at Hotel that was funny comedy. Did not let the room ruin our fun. Had A FANTASTIC TIME in Las Vegas.

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Nostalgic

by written on April 12, 2009

Let's say I am not a fan of this hotel. Not to many friends that have stayed here who have liked this hotel. It is old school and it is at least cheap. That is all I will say. You pay for what you get. I will say if you like nostalgia, you will like this hotel.

Number of rooms: 1,876.
Casino: Yes, 61,000 square feet. Casino games include Let it Ride, Caribbean Stud, Pai Gow, Pai Gow Poker, Craps, Blackjack, Roulette and slot machines. The casino has a poker room.
Race & sports book: Yes, a 24-seat race and sports book, equipped with seven televisions.
Restaurants: The Tropicana has the following dining options: Legends Steak & Seafood, Mizuno's, Tuscany Italian Café, Island Buffet, Garden Café, Player's Deli and Java Java.
Entertainment: Beginning Apr. 24, 2009 Soprano's Last Supper will be performing in the Tiffany Theater.
Pool: Yes, five acres of pool area with tropically-landscaped pools, lagoons and waterfalls.
Health Club: Yes, located within the Island Spa.
Spa: The Spa Tropicana is closed for remodel. Alexandra Salon, a full-service salon, is located outside of the spa in the hotel.
Shops: A shoe shop, dress shop, logo shop, jewelry shop, hotel gift shop, tuxedo shop and numerous kiosks selling a variety of items.
Wedding chapel: Yes, the Island Wedding Chapel offers a number of wedding ceremony packages.
In-room internet access: Each room has a phone jack for dial-up internet access. In addition, high-speed Internet access is available at the pool and meeting room areas for a fee.
Wheelchair accessible rooms: Yes.
Parking garage: Yes, a two-story parking garage.
Standard room amenities: Electronic door locks, air conditioning, remote-controlled cable TV, alarm clock and radio, pay-per-view movies, refrigerator (in some rooms), telephone, voice mail, desk, in-room safe. Hair dryer, iron and ironing board offered in all rooms.
Hotel amenities: Guest services, currency exchange, laundry, luggage and maid service, wake-up calls, safety deposit box.

Directions: On the Strip

Swimming Across the Strip

by written on March 27, 2008

The Tropicana is really cheap but beter than the Imperial Palace - I wouldn't stay at the Imperial if you paid me. Depending on how "adventurous" you are, you could always try this (an article my friend wrote about going to Vegas and staying for 3 days without buying a hotel room): http://www.wuts-happening.com/whutshappening/2008/02/sleeping-across.html

Unique Quality: Party all night, sneak onto casino pools and sleep poolside all day. Cost nothing and was just as well rested as when I pay for a room.

Directions: Walk out to pool and act like you belong there

csordila's Profile Photo

The Old Las Vegas feeling

by written on February 28, 2008

On my first visit in Vegas the Tropicana Resort & Casino was my hotel, which is located on the hottest four corners on the Strip.
A "great value for money" hotel, clean big rooms, good service, great location.
In the all-you-can-eat Buffet the prices have been: Breakfast and Lunch about $10,-, Dinner about $15,-.

Unique Quality: It is located on the most interesting spot on the Strip, it can't be beat. A covered walkway connects it to the MGM Grand right across the street, while New York, New York and Excalibur casinos border the other three corners. This location offers a spectacular day & night panorama; nothing bad to say, no complaints. Prices shown below are for Garden rooms only.
Clean, comfortable "you get what you pay for" !!!! (the hotel charge a resort fee of US$7.99+ tax/day, which is not included in the price.)

By the way, it does not matter where you stay when you are in Vegas since you are never in your room!!!!

Directions: From MCCARRAN airport take the PARADISE ROAD EXIT. head north on PARADISE ROAD to TROPICANA AVE. take TROPICANA AVE. west to LAS VEGAS BLVD. the hotel is on the left.
Look at Photo 2!!

doug48's Profile Photo

good

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 20, 2008

the tropicana is an historic hotel and casino on the south strip. it has been renovated a number of times over the years and is a moderately priced place to stay on the strip.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

actionplay's Profile Photo

Class Trip to Vegas

by written on May 2, 2007

I have been to Vegas several times. On separate visits -- I stayed at Harrah's, THe Riveria, Tropicana and the La Quinta Inn. I stayed at the Tropican on three of my visits. I convinced my classmates to hold our reunion at the Tropicana, and we did.

Our reunion also included a trip to the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. This was a great trip and one that all classmates enjoyed immensly. I highly suggest that you set aside a day to make a day to see these two attractions

The Tropicana is located amidst six other casinoes that are in walking distance that makes the Tropicana perfect for anyone's first visit to Vegas. Over the years I noticed a downgrading of the services and maintenance of the grounds. I understand that the Tropicana is going to be torn down and replaced with a larger and more modern structure. I believe that the new Tropican structure will capture the excitement of Vegas and because of its location I highly recommend it.

Julie1and2's Profile Photo

Tropicana

by written on February 25, 2007

The first time I went to Vegas I stayed at the Tropicana. The hotel is really old. The room was run-down and had a very ugly, smelly carpet. It was kind of depressing.

Unique Quality: Even though the room left something to be desired, there is a fantastic pool at the Tropicana. I think only Mandalay Bay and the Hard Rock can beat it. Get there early in the morning if you want a raft...they get snatched up fast! There is a pool bar where you can play blackjack. I spent all day there!

Directions: It's on the strip right near some of the major casinos like New York, NY and Excalibur.

Never Again

by written on January 4, 2007

I found the staff at the front desk at check in slightly rude. They seemed irritated that we were there early. The bell desk staff was great and helpful. The garden café was slow any time even when there weren’t many people at all. Security staff and cage staff was great and helpful as well.
My biggest problem was the extra charge. There is some sort of resort fee. We didn’t knew or read anything about it until we checked in. The fee was $5 then they added a TAX to that. I never knew what exactly this fee was for until I asked, it wasn’t wrote down anywhere and I read everything in the room. A little sign in the bathroom read that a room fee would cover pool services even though it wasn’t the season for the pool. The outside was closed. Inside looked unkept and no staff at all, like the gambling table in pool to make it funwas closed.
Then when I asked at check out about the fee I found out it also covered all the local calls from the room, fax service and some other things like that. If I had known that I probably would have used the phone in room instead of my cell. I just think we should be told about fees and what all they include, basically what we are paying for, when making the reservation. It makes for a better vacation when you know what you have paid for and have access to. Their response was "other hotels on the strip charge alot more for their resort fee". Which did not address my complaint at all.
The walls and ceiling in this hotel are EXTREMELY THIN. We could easily hear someone talking (not yelling) on the phone. It really was bad, been in dive motels with thicker walls. Pretty sad for a Las Vegas hotel. The hotel needs renovating.
We will NOT be staying here again.

imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 19, 2006

Tropicana is okay. It serves its purpose as a place to shower & sleep. The service was consistently rude. Buffet is decent. The one nice aspect of the Trop are the hallways leading back to the hotel rooms. There are pictures of celebrities (i.e. Marilyn, Frank Sinatra) from their visits to the Trop. It's a nice bit of nostalgia. The Tropicana has a decent location. You can access MGM, Excalibur, and NYNY by walkway.

Unique Quality: They have a really nice pool area. Also, you can usually get tickets for buy one get one free shows, buffets, etc. here.

Directions: Tropicana Blvd

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews