2600 W. Harmon Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Tags

Spa and Resort Casino and Gambling Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
widdlebamboo's Profile Photo

One of my favorite hotels

by written on May 1, 2013

I'd like to say that there is a bit of animosity from me towards the Aria City Center for being so offensively big. I say offensively because I hate the fact that Cosmo almost completely covers up the classic Bellagio sign (which is why I will never stay at the Cosmo, just for that reason).

With that said, I still really like the hotel because of it's convenience, cleanliness, design and comfort.

I think I lucked out the the Vdara, because I got the room at a really good rate. I think it was because of the fact that it's non-gambling and it's a bit of a walk to get back on the Strip. It's walkable, but it's a solid 15 minute trek.

The room was amazing, and so comfortable. The Vdara is an all-suite hotel, so our room was more like a super fancy studio apartment. There was a living room area w/ couches, a TV, a coffee table. A kitchen area w/ pantries, cupboards, stove, and a small dining table. Then the bedroom area w/ bed and TV, and a bathroom that's about as big as my current room now. The decor was amazing, very modern, and all the techy stuff, like auto-everything (lighting, blinds) was a sweet touch. The bed was nothing short of best-bed-ever. The pillows super soft without being too squishy... it was one of the best sleeps I've ever had. I had no problem falling asleep, and staying asleep.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that's looking for something that's more budget friendly, but still want nice accomodations.

Unique Quality: Great view, very clean. The whole hotel and City Center seems to be pumped full of good-smelling fragrances, and each hotel/building you walk into has a different scent.

The decor all over the hotels and casino floors are very unique. At The Mandarin, you can go up to its Sky Lobby, which is at the 23rd floor, and sit and relax to an amazing view of the Strip. There is an available bar and food up there as well.

Directions: You really can't miss it. It's towards the South side of the Strip

nhcram's Profile Photo

One of the best on The Strip

by written on October 1, 2012

5 star luxury is the only way we can describe this hotel. Spotlessly clean, extra large suites with huge beds and the bathrooms are huge too. Each suite has its own kitchen area (without kettle though which is strange but a pot was fine to boil water in for coffee.) The Whole experience of staying here cannot be faulted in any way. Only a couple of years old and joined to The Bellagio hotel by a covered walkway it is in the perfect location. We really enjoyed our stay here and would certainly consider coming back. We were upgraded to a suite on the 31st floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains and it was perfect. Check in was quick and efficient and rooms were cleaned daily. Part of the newly formed City Center it is one of about 5 luxury hotels on The famous Las Vegas Strip.

Unique Quality: Pool on 3rd floor. Never got a chance to use it but it was beautifully looked after. Spa (something else I never got a chance to use ) was also available. A fantastic concierge service in the lobby available at all times.

Directions: Joined to the Bellagio in the newly created City Center area.

What smells great is not always what it seems...

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 8, 2011

One of the things that attracted me to the Vdara hotel was the absence of the casino and cigarette smoke associated with them. I was traveling with my daughter so this was definitely a plus! I did not know at the time of booking, but was happy to see the hotel was located OFF THE VEGAS STRIP! Checkin was really easy and went by quickly given we arrived late in the evening. Each day around 11am we did notice quite a few people on a line. I requested an upper floor away from elevators and staircases. The smell of the lobby was just delicious! It was very refreshing and relaxing, especially coming from the smoke filled casinos. I loved it so much I purchased it from the Spa. Concierge was extremely helpful to advise me of a tram that connects to other hotels - Bellagio and Monte Carlo, therefore saving me tons of money on cab rides to the strip when we wanted to do some shopping.

We found our room to be simple, nothing impressive as far as décor. I'm not a fan of exposed metal so this was definitely an eye sore for me. The designer must love it because the room was covered in metal in every CORNER! The phone near the bed was not working and although I called about this upon arrival it was still not working when I left. Not a huge ordeal but when you receive a call and need to walk across the room in the dark to find the phone it could be quite disturbing. It was a little difficult to understand the mechanics of the lights in the room (I think we figured it out by the last evening). We were a little unhappy that we had to turn on the reading lights near the bed to see where we were going because the main lights were operated by a switch in the middle of the room. The switch for the window shades was barely visible given the hotel is only about 18 months old, I'd hate to see what it looks like in twenty four months. I was assessed a resort fee of $20 per day but I am still unsure what this covered given the amenities were no more, and in some instances less, than that of any other hotel. Bungee cording the iron to the ironing board made it quite difficult to iron. If guests are removing the irons from the room I would think they could charge them back for them since all guests must leave a credit card on file. I noticed the absence of a coffee maker, shower caps, and robes - all basic at most hotels. When I called for robes the first evening I did not receive them until the next day when I had to place the call again. Each day I had to call for two extra wash cloths but could never figure out why the room service attendant didn’t just leave four given she removed four each day. That was quite frustrating. On my last day I noticed one of the neatly folded towels was filthy. That was pretty much the last thing I wanted to find and needless to say I was happy the time was over.

I do not plan to stay there again and I would not recommend it to others. There are far too many hotels in the area that would provide better amenities and NO RESORT FEE.

Unique Quality: So so views of the Luxor and Monte Carlo Hotels. Large pool and a couple small cabana pools that were reserved for those who rent the cabana's. Music was loud and though they catered to club music, not necessarily what eveyrone wants to hear. Can get pretty hot in the sun, even with the umbrella out by the pool. Lobby smelled great! Very refreshing...as if you were walking into a spa.

Alfine5's Profile Photo

by written on September 4, 2011

I stayed at Vdara during my last two days on a trip to Las Vegas. I had stayed at the Luxor prior to here and the difference was like night and day.

Vdara was definitely more expensive than Luxor. However, the price of the hotel was well worth it.

First, I didn't have to deal with long lines at check-in. The person checking me in was extremely courteous and was able to walk me through an overview of what the hotel offered. When I arrived at my room, I was completely blown away. I think the pictures I have attached speak for themselves. My hotel room was like an apartment.

Aside from the great room, I think the best thing is the hotels proximity to the main strip. Vdara sits just between the Bellagio and Aria.

The workout facility was a good size and had most types of exercise machines.

For those of you who want to be very close to the gambling, just be aware that Vdara does not have a casino.

Unique Quality: Great views
No casino
Quality of room

Pool Deck Music is Deafening

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 12, 2011

If you want a relaxing day at the pool, chatting with friends, taking a nap, having breakfast, or reading a book you won't get it at the Vdara Hotel and Spa, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The pool deck radio is played at deafening levels. What's more, I was in a 9th floor Deluxe Pool View Suite, and when the pool closed at 6pm, the pool cleaning crew came on board. They also played the music at night club levels until 6am. I got no sleep, me hands were literally shaking. I left the hotel days early, with no remorse nor compensation from hotel management.

Unique Quality: Pool deck radio is deafening, and the notorious death rays from the reflection of the building onto the pool will cook you, while you lose your hearing.

Staff stole from room and double charged my visa!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 26, 2010

The building itself is okay...

The staff on the other hand were some of the rudest and most ill-equipped humans to ever waste air. The girls at the front counter were hot, yes, but vapid, clueless and useless.
Our room was invaded numerous times by contractors fixing this and that as everything was brand new and being installed and double checked. We tried to be accommodating considering it was new.
On day two of the 3 night stay some of my electronics were stolen. I had been out all day, and when I returned, they were gone. Stealing from my room!!!?? Really? Yes, and as the nice form letter they sent me stated, they don't cover theft because Nevada State law protects them from such. I began a claim and spoke to over 6 different people from various departments who all said that I would have to speak to someone else, no matter what day or time I called. I spoke to about 4 different security "directors", none of whom followed up. Oh, except I was called once (after I filled out their survey) and assured my concerns were being listened to and they'd get back to me promptly. Thought maybe I was getting somewhere, but never heard from the person again.

Regarding the double charge - When I checked in, they tried to charge me although I booked through Vegas.com. When I checked out, they again tried to charge me and I reminded them that I'd already paid through Vegas.com. They re-did my invoice, handed me a blank piece of paper with their letterhead that said "$0.00" owing and we left. MY CARD WAS CHARGED THE FULL VALUE. After 2 months I finally have my money back, but I lost out on the exchange rate, and a whole lot of agravation and time.

Pathetic hotel. I hope every person I spoke to there has a similar experience at some point in their life, or gets herpes. Whatever comes first.

Don't stay here if you're travelling with Faberge eggs or any other thing you wouldn't want stolen (electronics, dignity, time). They probably give room keys out to vagrants. Hell, why wouldn't they? It's not their responsibility to protect your valuables in a LOCKED room.

Nearby Vdara

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews