Avi Resort And Casino

Avi Resort & Casino
Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Hmmm, not a good reputation ......

I not only didn't go check this place out myself, I was discouraged from doing so by my travel companion, and casino workers on the strip!

This particular resort does have potential - with an RV park, large casino, large capacity concert venue, and isolated riverfront fun.

But, it's current reputation is very sad, and downright scarey. The local told me of gang related violence increasing on the property of the Avi, which they believe is related to this casino being located on native, hence federally controlled, lands.

I don't know if this is a valid point, but I do know that I don't go out of my way to put myself in danger ..... so until their reputation in the local area improves, I won't be going here.

More about Avi Resort And Casino

1st Family Vacation......We'll be back again!!

After a long drive from Los Angeles... we finally arrived to the "AVI". I was taken away with the beautiful view of the river and beach. My kids headed straight to the pool. Later my husband and I toured the casino. Took a while to get our drinks, but the service was great after that point. During our stay my father lost his wallet and hotel securtiy jumped right on it. We later found it kicked under the hotel room dresser (kids). Food was great. Hotel front desk had our extra pillows and blankets in our room within mintues. Buffet was a bit pricing but worth it. The beach!!! Me and the kids loved it!!! My best advice, go to the other side of the river for shopping and eating, you save for gambling money and to visit places like the Hoover Dam, like we did.
I'm going back.......very soon.

Great time at the Avi!

My family stayed at the Avi Jun 20-23. We had a great time. We arrived several hours earlier than check-in, but were given our beach/launch ramp pass, and played on the river until our room was ready. The first room we had smelled like smoke, although it was a non-smoking room. We figured this was because it was located on the first floor (the same as the casino). We called the front desk and were told that although they were sold out for that night, they would move us the next day as soon as something became available. We moved that next morning, and had no problems the rest of the stay. The hotel is no Ritz, but for the price and the purpose it serves (getting out of the heat after a long day on the river) it is a great bargain! Be sure to cross the bridge into Bullhead City, AZ for gas; about .25 cheaper there, and only 5 minutes away. If you plan on buying alcohol/beer, bring it from home if you can. The prices are outrageous both at the hotel, and in Bullhead. Get your ice downstairs in the gift shop, it was the cheapest we found anywhere at $1.50 a bag. All in all a great stay, and we have plans to go back in July and August.

rv park

we have stayed at the rv park several times in the last two years. The ladies at the office have always been very nice and gave us the spot we asked for or at least as close as they could. We have an American Eskimo dog so we like an end spot so we can walk her. I really like to get away to the Avi. Have fun in the casino now that they have live poker we do not need to go to Laughlin as my husband is a poker player.
Have never had a bad meal or rude employee.

Checked In, Walked Up, Turned Around, Walked Out

by TripAdvisor Member seamus266

On a road trip from Oregon to PHX. As we made better time than planned, decided to stop off in Laughlin, as we had never seen it before. Using AAA and cellphone, made reservation at Avi.

Arrived close to midnight. Found parking, walked up to registration, no one there. Found an employee on casino floor who tracked down a clerk. Thus we checked in. Had two 2 Q rooms reserved (2 little boys +parents in our party). I made the mistake of unloading all suitcases and hauling them upstairs (they were much closer to the room than the elevator), only to walk into not 1 but 2 darkly illuminated, run down rooms. Hair in both bathtubs and sinks, 1 toilet that hadn't been flushed (let alone cleaned), and 4 dumpy beds, at least 2 of which had dirty (hair and stained) sheets. (Noisy and rattling A/C by the way).

Tried to get comfortable, then ran out of patience when I attempted to call down to the desk, only to put the Stinkiest phone receiver (much worse than payphones) up to my mouth.

Told desk we will not be staying, and told them why. Points for them - they did not argue or fuss, just agreed to reverse charges on C.C., which they did, and I thank them for.

Moved on to the Nugget, which was better, but far from great. Decided in morning to forgo the day in Laughlin and head out for Wyndham Buttes in Tempe.

Loved this resort hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bensnan

We have just stayed here for one night whilst travelling through Nevada,it was a bit hard to find and is quite a distance from laughlin, but when we arrived we were very pleased with this resort,the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, we payed a few extra dollars to have a room with a view over the river which as absolutley fabulous,we were in the beach tower on the top floor,the room was very large, spotlessly clean with a huge king sized bed,the bathroom was lovely also.We loved the beach area and had lovely walks around the resort,we walked over to the R.V park to use the internet facility and was approached by a lovely gentleman driving a golf buggy who offered us a lift there and back,we thought this was very novel.The pool area is currently being renovated so we cannot comment on that but we looked at the plans and it will be very impressive when completed.The dining areas offered really good choice of menu and also buffet style breakfasts and dinners of which the food was a very high standard.We would definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.My son is 16 yrs old and loved it,there is a lovely cinema complex and games arcade and the Kids zone for under 12yrs is brilliant.The casino was good with not too expensive stakes which made it affordable to have a little gamble without breaking the bank.A really lovely resort,we went away feeling very relaxed.

Great Deal for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member todmaninnm

Staryed for one night in December and one night in January on trip to California. This resort is a bit out of the way but easy to find. Rooms were adequate and clean. Staff could be a little friendlier, but nice. Take advantage of fthe free internet games to earn points, that is how we paid for rooms and buffets. Fun fireworks area. Construction is going on now, but the resort will be much bigger and nicer once it is complete. Can't wait to come back in the summer and use the beach.

One of the worst hotel management ever

by TripAdvisor Member canadalady

The attitude of the front desk was
we are doing you a favor by letting you stay here.
First thing: the pool area is a big construction area
and frequent jack hammering starting at 8am.
We stayed 3 nights and the power went off twice for
a few hours each time.
Front desk attitude was ...you dont like it leave.
had a cheap rate of 19.00 with free breakfast.
We got sick from the poor sanitary conditions at the Feathers buffet. On the third day ,the front desk demands we move rooms because of a big group arriving.
not only that but the room will now cost 38.00.
100% increase on a weekday with no breakfast coupon.
The manager was not friendly or understanding at all.
We check out and moved to the friendly flamingo
laughlin for 23.00 promising never to return to this
dump.

The only reasons to stay at this hotel - Beach & Movie Theater

SERVICE-Terrible: After we checked in, we carried all of our luggage to the third floor only to find that the keys did not work and the radio in the room was blaring. We went back to the front desk and we told they weren't sure if the previous person checked out. We waited an hour for security to come and check the room. It took them a 1/2 hour to check the room and they claim noone was in it. They looked at us like we were crazy and just gave us new keys and said "here you go". They didn't offer an apology for the wait or the inconvenience of the keys being wrong. Our gut feeling is someone was in the room and they had housekeeping quickly "clean" it up.
ROOM-Terrible: The room was terrible. The bed looked like it had been there 20 years and the jacuzzi tub had some sort of mold/grime around all the jets and drains. My friend stayed in the Beach Tower and her room was updated and clean.
CASINO-Fair: The casino is small, but even though the hotel was booked, it was not crowded. There are no non-smoking areas so you always smell like smoke. The entertainment in the lounge was great and we received great service.
OVERALL-Okay: It was nice to have the movie theater on the premises with new releases. The weather is warm in march, but there are no chairs to enjoy the beach.

Had a Great Time!

We arrived with 3 small children and had a great time! The 99 cent Ham and Egg Special at Feather's Cafe was very good. The gaming was friendly and fun, and the rooms were spacious and mostly kid-friendly. We will definitely go back again!

Comments